Search found 355 matches

Return

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

I was diagnosed with cancer as well about a month ago. Mine was skin cancer. Thankfully it didn't spread and need chemo, but I have a knarly scar on my right arm. Always thought it was a normal birthmark until it changed texture, had it checked out just to be on the safe side. A week later I'm being asked to come to the hospital quickly to remove the area around it that was removed previously for the biopsy, including the fat. My arm has a dip in it but I hope that fills in. It took about 2 weeks of stitches and two more weeks of downtime. Obviously losing a testicle is worse, and I was not prepared to share this here due to the lack of maturity of some here. But I noticed your post and if this can make you not feel alone, it was worth it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Jeff1020/photo_zpsf9be7017.jpg?t=1394505574
by Jeff
Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great news, for sure ShenSun. Must feel like a huge relief.
by Mitsuzuki
Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope you get well soon dude.

By the way, had the chance to check out the Shenmue Xmas Special. I wrote up a full review, I'd be happy to send it to you if you're interested.

Short version though, excellent job.
by AdamKoralik
Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I completely understand, now go kick cancer's ass!
by AdamKoralik
Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go at it, ShenSun. Make sure you do something you love everyday, like all of us ought to.
by Nahovil
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How unfortunate.... I send my prayers from Japan for your recovery.
by *Kenshin Himura*
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenSun wrote: CT Scan CLEAR.

It doesn't look like the cancer has spread.

I just have to hope that my blood levels go back to normal now.

It looks like they caught it super early, so ill have more treatment options available.

I should be back to normal in no time........hopefully. :)

Great news!
by Bambi
Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Neogaf Community Thread Is HERE!!

Here's something to add to that neogaf thread even if it's just for fun.

by flip
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 Special coins

For those curious, more medal madness xD

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t366/Esppiral/REVERSOIZQUIERDA_zps9a876f2d.gif

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t366/Esppiral/PLATAHORIZONTAL_zpsbaf096e7.gif

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t366/Esppiral/PLATAVERTICAL_zps329f57a1.gif

The gold medal is taking me too long :cry:
by Esppiral
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

ShenSun wrote: Right guys, im going to GDC right now, to find that twat that asked about Space Harrier, the camera, and the bloody bike. Don't be surprised if i get done for murder.

I will testify in your favour.
by Esppiral
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're so funny man. Not.
by mue 26
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you're staying strong!
by 5150
Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had my operation. I'm still recovering, but i'm a lot more mobile then I was a few days ago.

The next step is for them to investigate the affected testicle and determine what type of cancer it is.

They said they would call me next week to come back into the hospital in order to have my blood checked. Apparently, once you have the diseased testicle removed, you blood levels should go back to normal after 7 days.

Next, they will give me a CT scan of my body to determine if the cancer has spread.

From there, I guess further treatment begins.

On the bright side, the chest xray that they performed a week ago was completely clear. Im guessing this will have to be reconfirmed with the ct scan, but it does make me a little bit more hopeful.

Tough times ahead.

Thanks for everyone's kind messages. It really does mean a lot.

ShenSun

Thanks Jeff. I really appreciated you sharing your story. Cancer sucks balls. Ironic coming from me, I know.

:)

It is what it is I guess. But just to let you and everyone else know, the Dr's are confident that they caught my cancer in the earliest stage possible. No spread to the cord that connects to the testicle, lymph system, abs, chest etc. They say its about 75% that i'm already cured. Their not allowing me to take chemo as they strongly believe I dont need it. They say that there is no reason to poison my body as it could have potential long term risks. In other words, use the drugs only when you need them. For the next few years, I'll be monitored closely, just in case i am in that 25% and relapse. Check ups every month. I would like to celebrate fully, but Im gonna wait until I get my blood results back to see if everything has gone back to normal. (prior tumor).

If anyone is wondering, I haven't noticed any difference with the one testicle. Scary thing is, my groin was working perfectly well before I found out. I later learned from my pathology report, that the affected testicle was practically destroyed by the cancer, so that's probably why I haven't noticed any major change.

It's scary to think that I only went to the hospital for a slight pain, and it turn't out to be cancer. As I've said before, I encourage everyone to get a general examination once in a while, just to safe. I'm only 27. This disease can hit anyone at anytime unfortunately.

I know there are some immature guys on this forum, but if both of our stories can encourage the majority to get checked when they notice something wrong, or when they experience certain irregular symptoms, then that's a win in my book. Haters be damned.

Thanks again Jeff for informing me. It really does mean a lot. And thanks to everyone else. I know I posted this thread a while ago, but the messages still do mean the world to me. :)

I should have my blood results back hopefully before the 19th. If its all good news, then what better way to celebrate then to watch Yu Suzuki's GDC presentation. :)

Thanks again

Glad things worked out and I`m glad your surgery went well! I hope things get even better for you in the future. Keep your head up, stay strong and don`t let nothing stop you from living! God bless you brother.
by GrimMeNaCe
Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to hear this, I sincerely hope for the best, take care, stay strong my friend...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am so sorry both of you were afflicted by this pernicious disease.
by KiBa
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki Interview (Shenmue 3, Kickstarter ?)

On one side, I would definitely be a bit disappointed that the 3rd part in his saga wouldn't come out, but I wouldn't let it consume my entire life haha, there's much more to life than that. I would absolutely buy whatever Suzuki creates, just because I think he deserves it. In my opinion he's never created a bad game and I would show my support with my dollars.
by Yokosuka Martian
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's great. You deserve a gif.

by Rakim
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki Interview (Shenmue 3, Kickstarter ?)

http://www.gofundme.com/7pd1t0

Fan funding made by Shenmue500k Admin.
This is not by a Shenmue500k admin (I think/hope...). In any case, this is illegal. The owner of this said he will take it down.

Furthermore: Important note to all Shenmue fans:

Please do not launch, support, or encourage any crowdfunding or pledging initiative that has not been officially authorized/endorsed by Sega or Yu Suzuki.

Avoiding this route is fundamental to the success of any genuine Kickstarter-like campaign in the future, despite the allure of wanting to prove there's a demand right now. This will only undermine that demand by presenting lower numbers than a legitimate campaign would raise, and the lack of results will weaken enthusiasm for any legit fundraiser by way of the "once bitten, twice shy" effect.

This concept has been explored many times, and it's for very good reason that it hasn't been done before now. It's not that no one has thought of it, it's that sense has always prevailed before any damage could be done. So please be sensible and discourage any rash activities borne out of frustration.

Thank you.
by Giorgio
Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue story theories and stuff

A Facebook user shared his thoughts on the recently released VF RPG concept artworks.

http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/698/698943.jpg

My thoughts on the recently released concept art at GDC...

Obviously these are in beta form so final product would differ significantly from 'AKIRA RPG' original concept.

Card 1: Chapter 1 Yokosuka – Father is murdered and Ryo’s setbacks. Experiences from Shenmue 1. Image shows Ryo leaving for China with Gui Zhang and Master Chen in the background. Lan Di and men in black suits can be seen in background, possibly alluding to Ryo’s motivation for revenge.

[Cards 2 – 4 show a mixed up, possibly early version of the first 3 quarters of Shenmue 2 as some bits don’t make much sense but seem to take place before Card 5 Guilin]

Card 2: The events of Shenmue 2. Ren, Xiuying, Dou Niu are featured with the backdrop showing Kowloon and an airplane which can be seen in the Hong Kong segments of Shenmue 2. Yuan can also be seen wielding his infamous chainsaw and the members of the Heavens can be seen in the bottom left corner overshadowed by their leader Ren. This card represents a mix of the more urban settings of Shenmue 2, perhaps featuring a mix of Hong Kong (Xiuying) and Kowloon (Dou Niu). Also most likely deals with the whole Yuanda Zhu rescue plot.

Card 3: The project Berkley train sequence. Notice that Ryo’s clothes have now changed to a green attire. Maybe this is showing development as a martial artist? A face similar to the stone face in the Project Berkley sanctuary can also be seen – overall this might be a modified chapter which was split up and mixed into Shenmue 3 as it doesn’t make much sense as to why it is here in the timeline. You can make out that the train is headed for a more country, green setting which has not yet been seen in Shenmue 2. A bunch of characters can also be seen, including Gui Zhang? Perhaps Gui Zhang does follow you to China after all and this is a segment reserved for Shenmue 3. The Phoenix mirror is central in this image, indicating a train journey to a destination important to the mirror? Maybe the treasure hold of the Qing Dynasty? The face also resembles DURAL from Virtua Fighter confusingly - perhaps this image is too early a first draft when Virtua Fighter characters were still central to the story?

Card 4: Ryo trains to become a better martial artist as represented in Shenmue 2 when in Hong Kong. Master Baihu can also be seen? Overall I think this chapter represents the personal growth which Ryo experienced while under Xiuying’s care in Hong Kong and could also represent how he learned to further better his training from various martial artists in China. Why is Lau from Virtua Fighter next to Xiuying/Lan Di? (cant figure out which). Again, perhaps this is still too early a draft when VF characters would cameo. Yuanda Zhu also makes a cameo. I conclude that cards 2-4 were therefore highly modified versions of Shenmue 2 as the timeline conflicts a little. i.e. where is the boat chapter???

Card 5: Shenhua and Ryo meet in Guilin. Niao Sun is also present – perhaps she is the one who is following Ryo and Shenhua in disc 4 and not Lan Di? The ‘bad presence’? Notice Ryo is grounded, rather than training for hasty revenge he is sitting down among nature - a much more peaceful image. Signifies Ryo's 'spiritual awakening' or beginning of shift in perspective from vengeful to peaceful.

Card 6: The old man from the project Berkley trailer and rumoured 4th Chi You Men leader can be seen atop of Ryo in a fighting stance similar to Chai. This could be the moment when we meet this 4th mysterious Chi You Men leader. Niao Sun is also still present which means she will have an ongoing role in the earlier parts of Shenmue 3. The other man I suspect to be a past representation of Lan Di’s father in training…maybe this is the chapter where you learn more about him? Or could he be Shenhua’s father? There are also faces shown in the orange ball of fire behind Ryo in combat stance and the ground he seems to be on looks like ice, maybe indicating that Project Berkley sanctuary?

Card 7: Luoyang. Ryo trains with martial artists. The Chi You Men are present and Shenhua is central to the chapter, maybe this is where the Shaolin temple Shenhua kidnapping takes place and Shenhua realises her power? Ryo meanwhile trains to become a better martial artist. (All 4 chi you men can be seen bottom of image. They all kidnap Shenhua to extract her power?)

Card 8: If you notice carefully atop the mountains, figures can be seen standing. There are 4 mountains and 4 figures standing. The Chi You Men guarding the 4 cardinal points? A wolf can also be seen? Do you fight Ziming in this section? There are also two images of Ryo shown – one in his green attire where he seems to be screaming and a second in a new blue ‘Akira’ attire where he seems to be more grounded. Could this be the completion of Ryo’s evolution from hasty, vengeful teenager to calm, collected and rational adult? A figure can also be seen in the skies above the mountains. The heavenly emperor? Tentei?

Card 9: Ryo now a reformed and competent martial artist stands ready in a combat stance as if to beckon a fight. The principle idea symbolised in this card is fight. The sun is also setting which could be symbolic as to his journey for revenge coming to an end. An as of yet unknown character stands. Maybe this character is 'RANDI' mentioned at GDC - a beta form of Lan Di? Or Tentei? Horses can be seen galloping in the hills. Horses have been central to the plot of Shenmue for some time - Luoyang being a place in China where horses are venerated and the setting is a country, mountainous setting similar to the artworks featuring Ren and an ancestral form of Shenhua riding horses.

Card 10: the sun has risen indicating a new day, a ‘fresh start.’ Ryo is clasping the body of somebody…possibly Lan Di? Also, it seems as if Lan Di is staring at Ryo from the heavens. Perhaps Lan Di has died and Ryo has realised that nothing has changed, his revenge was futile, he regrets his decision and now is devoid of purpose. The way he carries the body along a long white road, could it indicate that Ryo is mourning? Or maybe this is not Lan Di but someone else?? A large temple can be seen in background...Ryo carrying this person to their tomb?

Card 11: Ryo embarks on a quest to find himself along with his newfound friends. As indicated in the Project Berkley video, by this stage Ryo “is not alone anymore” – the ending is not nesecarily that sombre, although Ryo has found himself to have no purpose and must begin a new journey to find himself in life. Perhaps that is why his back is turned to Shenhua and Xiuying? Even though they are in the same picture, Ryo understands that he must begin a new personal journey for his own self-discovery.
by Ziming
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Shenmue wrap up @GDC14

Greetings Shenmue Friends,

Here's my wrap up from attending GDC 2014 and following Shenmue closely.

http://www.novinworks.blogspot.com

Thanks you for everything.
by alimn
Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are all here for you.

I hope all goes well.
by shengoro86
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Release: Shenmue BETA. Wish Road and Beta Sakuragaoka Works

Hi guys,

I compiled this version of the beta, Disc 1

Thanks to Wude! We now have the following maps playable:

Wish Road
D0000

Beta Sakuragaoka
JD00

Set Scene to 01
Set Entry to 02 for wish road, 00, 01, 02 for beta sakuragaoka.

Confirmed working in Reicast, NullDC, actual Hardware

Mega Link = https://mega.co.nz/#!2dVgVJIA!962SwumA5aGyNEgg7Xu5gbODvltKGBNbmKKxFjpGd0E

Please let me know if u have issues.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-03-2223_48_38-ProgramManager_zpse451fb2e.jpg
by shengoro86
Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Newly found Shenmue art from the Sega Saturn era

A member from the Assemblergames forums who goes by the name TapamN has found some rare Saturn-era artwork from Shenmue. Check them out below!

Sega Saturn Shenmue Art: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
by Ziming
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn...
I can halfly relate. I had been having diffuse pain down there over a year ago, got some infection apparently but tests didn't show any bacteria or transmittable diseases (which they suspect first of all). With some pills the pain eventually went away but came back a few months ago. I also have some trouble with a nerve in my back (due to work before) which radiates so I thought that this maybe was the cause.
But I did notice a "floating" lump where the pain seemed to radiate from. Finally they checked with ultrasound two weeks ago and told me that it didn't seem dangerous. Just today I got a letter again, confirming that it was a benign cyst attached to the pipe work down there ;) We'll see.
by ys
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryo Hazuki: Final Fantasy VII Mod!

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this picture.

I'd like to start a new game mod. Actually I'm donwloading all needed programs to extract a re-model characters.

Here's the preview pic :mrgreen:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/35jdy6v.jpg

More info in a few days.

Editing:

Download links and videos on first post:

https://mega.co.nz/#!vA5HUZ7L!cT3Usb7wZhRAQvqTBev9oZay2ODjMLW1mzdIAUYNR_c

First video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybP2SSF4mmo

Another video showing the motorcycle chase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0obBITIsQg
by Fenix
Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Spencer - The Biggest Request is to Bring Back Shen

After Phil Spencer's words and if he wants to prove he's a man of his words, that he's "gaming first", this is what you could to do him, pretty please:
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?screen_name=XboxP3&hashtags=SaveShenmue&text=Shenmue+3+on+Xbox+One!
Let him witness the true power of the Shenmue fanbase! You can edit the tweet as you want to show your demand!
It's Phil Spencer VS Gio Corsi. Which one will #SaveShenmue?
by Giorgio
Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really don't see why they can't make the game and use the power of the hype to creating marketing firestorm. But I think about my teenage nephews who wouldn't even have Shenmue on their radars because it isn't FPS or gore-city and most importantly rated M because they're mature enough.

I think it's all our fantasy to see MS and Sony in a bidding war. I just wonder if Sega would even care if that were possible. When it comes to Shenmue Sega just seems like that kid who has a toy but doesn't play with it but won't let anyone else play with it, meanwhile he plays with that really loved toy(Sonic) that nobody else but him wants to play with.

But we do need to focus our twitter on Spencer, Gio Corsi and #buildingthelist. I wonder if Spencer knows he just put a target on his twitter.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great news, competition is what pushes things forward. Outside of our gaming preferences and such, looking at this just from a Shenmue standpoint, there is no loyalty. Whoever helps finally bring this forward is who wins our hearts over, if you think otherwise you're not a fan. More fitting on the PS4? Sure. But does Microsoft have just as much if not more reason? Probably. They're going to need a boost in Japan and while I don't think something as such would completely give it, it'd help coupled with some other IP's. I mean, it's not going to the Wonderswan. While the One is trailing, it still has a big userbase which will only grow over time. Not to mention, this console war is a long and grueling race, not a sprint. The PS3 was said to have destroyed the PlayStation brand out of the gate, they recovered and everyone forgets. It's a bit different this time, obviously, but nonetheless it could succeed on the One. They've funded games like Dead Rising 3, they once had Shenmue (which does make it fitting, like it or not) and they need to win over gamers. At the end of the day I simply want to play the series to a conclusion, whoever helps make that happen has my support.
by Yama
Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD confirmed? (fake)

Thanks been reading for years and finally joined.
by Aimless Gamer
Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah... them wanting to focus on their first party games isn't a problem because that is bringing them money and majority of the fan base are generally focused on. On the other hand, Shenmue is really a unresolved decision... Its not a complete "no" that it will not happen so thats a good thing, but then there is no filler for if anyone desires to breathe life into it. Shenmue is a great game, but I won't let ruin my desire for gaming sitting here waiting for it. When it happens its going to happen. So best thing guys is to take a deep breath and move on from Shenmue 3 for awhile and enjoy what we all love doing. (Gaming)
by *Kenshin Himura*
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Starting a new mod.

Oh. I forgot to show the world and field model. Chibi Ryo :rotflmao:

by Fenix
Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancer Donation For Children

Pledged.

Looking after ill children like that should be something funded by everybody. Always makes me sad to hear about stuff like that. People should look after those in these unfortunate positions like this, I just think we could do more.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jeff Gerstmann's Shenmue Rant (PAX East 2014)

1:15:30

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue CD Labels (For Shenmue 1 & 2)

CD labels I've made for both games. For those who want to add some imagery to their backup copies.

http://s13.postimg.org/7afms35ae/Shenmue_Disc_1.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/961rxwu8i/Shenmue_Disc_2.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/at2selj1u/Shenmue_Disc_3.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/xwt8nujfj/Shenmue_Disc_4.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/ufrf0lmta/Shenmue_II_Disc_1.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/h6wz2i6r6/Shenmue_II_Disc_2.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/3wq0ubb2o/Shenmue_II_Disc_3.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/6o1kr2tgy/Shenmue_II_Disc_4.jpg
by Ziming
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Shenmue Origin Story Video

How did you guys get into the series?

Take a video!

phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Mon May 05, 2014 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 Unofficial Four Wude Merch

Hi everyone,

In my opinion, The Four Wude, are one of the most important points in the Shenmue Series. They are the guidelines for any martial artist to follow when pursuing their development of self expression.

My girlfriend decided to make The Four Wude symbols into T-Shirts mugs, iphone cases, pillows, wall scrolls, and other fun stuff. One design per symbol.

Pillow Example:
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/10257795_587666881347215_3826533780643118848_n_zps7b61ed06.jpg

TShirt Design:
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/10271412_587653288015241_5250753168856333479_o_zps43ff72bc.jpg

Please check out her FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pam.marotte

Please check out her page on RedBubble:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/rains-hand19

For other merchandise, please check out her page on Society6!
(Includes: Prints, Clocks, Pillows, Mugs!)
http://society6.com/PamMarotte
by shengoro86
Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Android App "Shenmue Apps"

*Shenmue Apps*

Version 0.1.3: Current in Google Play
- Updated for Shenmue III
- App API and code migrated/updated to Gradle
- Maintained old Android compatibility
- Updated default clock-face graphics
- Clickable widget now opens Alarms

Version 0.1.2: Superseded
- Improved battery usage when using the Live Wallpaper
(limited the maximum framerate to 23fps)

Version 0.1.1: Superseded
- Added 3D Live Wallpaper
- Fixed random crashes
- Fixed widget resize crash
- Improved Menus & optimised code
- Reduced default transparency on watch
- Widget is now clickable

Version 0.1.0: Superseded

*Shenmue Mobile*
Version 0.1.0a: In Development (TBC)

---Original post---
Hi all,
This is my first post however I probably registered years ago (account deleted?). I go by the names: Razivoid and Raziel. It's not the place for introductions so I'll get to the point!

I have released an Android app in the Google Play store to which I'm anticipating feedback and seeing how much interest there is for Shenmue goodies (we all like new content right?). This app currently contains Ryo's watch face as a home screen widget. This is my first attempt at programming in this environment. I know it's not yet very pretty but I'm going to improve the graphics soon! This was all done in less than a day.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rmax.shenmueapps

The aim is to release some content that will please mobile user fans!

In other news I have a very ambitious project underway which is going to test all of my skills. I don't know if I want to give it all away but the question is - are there any fans that will appreciate the hard work?

"Shenmue Apps" will eventually be replaced for "Shenmue Mobile". This will have a number of 3D environments such that the user can navigate around and interact with assets. These "assets" are also mini-games. I am using Unity for this project. I am currently working on the toy-capsule feature.

The player gets ¥ on a daily basis. This can be used on toy-capsule machines and there will be an inventory for collection etc. I have already started resourcing/modeling the capsule toys for mobile testing though I have moved on to the core programming. I have a working interactive mobile 3D interface which is compatible with all platforms (I.E. PC, Android and iOS). Other mini-games I aim to build is touch-screen QTE and darts. Maybe the kitten's welfare could be another feature? I have tons of ideas but I have to be realistic at this stage. I may even need help as the programming is starting to get very complicated. The goal is to maintain the Shenmue aesthetics hence why I am sourcing the original game's resources (and redesigning alt HD versions).

All of a sudden it's starting to turn into a game! This project cannot and will not be marketable due to copyright etc.

I anticipate positive feedback! :)
~Razivoid.
\\Shenmue\\It_continues...
by Razivoid
Tue May 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Making of Shenmue (Excerpt from GDC 2000 presentation)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Fri May 09, 2014 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue GDC Chapter Tiles Discussion- 45 minutes Video

My latest discussion video regarding the tiles seen at GDC for each chapter.

Disregard the Baihu stuff as we dubunked it since the video.

Apologies for the quick production quality, had no time to edit and post process.

This video stars myself and fellow Shenmue 500K Admin Norris.

Enjoy and let me know your thoughts!

http://youtu.be/C8lnnb9OGok
by shengoro86
Mon May 19, 2014 2:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UPDATE: MOD ACCOMPLISHED Shenmue Forklift Mod

UPDATE:

IT WORKS!

VIDEO TO COME!

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/forklift_zps05b7bf55.jpg

Hi all,

I am making this thread to house my new mod I am currently working on.

I call it the Forklift Mod.

I am currently making it possible to drive the forklift through Dobuita.

This is where I am at with my work:

Release: Xiaopang Complete Shenmue 1
Method: Swapped maps, hex edit to ECAM
Workflow: Create save file placing Ryo in lunch hour just before he reloads back into the forklift
Game engine loads forklift and swapped map.
Ryo can ride everywhere

I am still working on getting the map swapped, while retaining the dobuita NPCs. Once I finish that, I will post my results.

Why am I making this? I always wanted to have ryo obnoxiously beep his horn down dobuita's main street at night. LOL
by shengoro86
Tue May 20, 2014 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

http://s22.postimg.org/y4erhmvm9/sega.jpg

A user from the gaming forum NeoGAF revealed that SEGA has filed a new Japanese trademark for Shenmue.

NeoGAF Topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823267

Original Source: http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/38960284.html
by Ziming
Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Just seems like a never ending cycle to me. Expos, trademarks, websites, news articles, gaming lists...... I don't get excited about any of them. Not until something is confirmed.
by Peter
Thu May 22, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, we do have some good buzz and a little bit of potential evidence this time which is nice. We have to keep level-headed like Adam/Peter though because the last 50 anticipations turned up nothing. At the same time don't give up! Keep tweeting/sharing/writing/etc.. It'll happen sooner or later damn it even if it's me funding the whole effin thing myself in 10 years when I'm rich ;)

I agree a combo of all 3 would be great.. from a convenience standpoint, and for introducing players who did not play 1 & 2 originally. I'm cool with an HD combo too but hopefully they'd show it some love rather than just upscale it. The series deserves better than that. I think ShenmueTree's thoughts of a combo with added cut-out content would be epic. Either way I'd just love for some Shenmue game product to come out so that I could vote for it with my money, and maybe once they see some money roll in from all the dedicated fans they'd realize that making 3 has earning potential.

Here I go thinking way too much about it haha. I say keep a level head but to be honest I spent all day half-working-half-shenmue-rumor-googling hahah. Maybe we should start a support group / suicide hotline where we can talk about our feelings after each rumor? :P
by SnowyHarbor
Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well put it this way, every year we get our hopes up when E3 rolls around. This is based on no evidence. At least this time we have something to go off on..........................................before we get disappointed again :(

Personally I dont want Shenmue HD. I think they should reboot the series, or make 1 Shenmue game with shen 1,2 and 3 combined.

Lol I feel you Shen, it's been this way for 10-11 years. At least this year we have a LITTLE something even if it's not too much :/. But we still have to keep hope alive, if anything Shenmue has a wider fan base now than it had ten years ago. I agree if they DO pursue this the only way to make it work is through a reboot. It gives the older fans a new experience while still making it (hopefully) interesting enough to the new younger generations to want to pick it up. I like your idea of one Shenmue game with all 16 chapters on it. Hell with how huge blu rays are they could even redo 1 & 2 on one disc and have the 3rd game be on a second disc. Both to give it the old multi-disc feel and make the game even larger and epic. I would love to see them implement all of the ideas they were forced to scrap in 1 & 2 just to make things a bit different aside from the graphic overhaul.
by KX-5
Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic