Return

Re: Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

I fail to see the problem.

Oh wait, that IS the problem.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Control video games with your penis!

I guess it's too late to add "stroke of genius" to my post. I finished prematurely. :sad:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guess the game 2 (LEAVE A GOOD HINT PER PIC)

Win a date with the captain in this DS mini-game collection. :heart:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega returns to the hardware business

People at Sega are probably keeping a close eye on news about the new wave of budget consoles, while minimizing the browser window any time colleagues walk by. Colleagues who are doing the same thing.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Rayman creator Michel Ancel takes to the streets with developers in protest of Ubisoft's Wii U delay: photo
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega returns to the hardware business

Spokane wrote:Sure it has SEGA's name on it, would you buy a dog turd if it had SEGA's name on it too?

Been there, stepped in that.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

Being called a 'Foes List' makes it sound childish, which of course it is, but if it was called a 'White Noise Filter' I'd probably make use of it at least once.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

It's probably just because its a word people don't normally spell... I just misspelled it because I'm an awful speller. I put all my trust in spell check and it failed me :mad: ... Star Trak is just weird though.
Anyone who calls it Star Trak is probably protesting too much, and secretly has Romulan space cruisers hanging from their bedroom ceiling.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to win a Private Dinner where Yu Suzuki is Present!

This sounds cool. But what exactly I am meant to do? That translation isn't the most clear.
Any person who gets at least 30 people to "like" the MAGS Facebook page (proven by those 30 people posting the person's name in a specified comments thread on the page) will be entered into a draw, the winner then being chosen at random.

So if Shendream decides to enter, we would have to help him encourage 30 people to "like" that Facebook page and post his (real) name as the person who sent them there.

But I'm assuming this hasn't actually been discussed with him yet, so hold fire until we know he's up for it.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 CD-R

I don't know if playing Dreamcast Iso's is frowned upon in these forums
If the Shenmue games were available to purchase in any way that Sega would profit from, then some people might frown upon piracy. Fortunately Sega is allergic to money and has therefore protected you from such ethical considerations.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HD picture of the Shenmue tree?

Legend has it that the Shenmue Tree is known to ask monotone questions. If the night is calm and quiet, you might be able hear it whisper, "I see"...
No, this has been misunderstood. It's actually a weather forecasting tree. If the night is cold and the ground is expected to be frozen by morning, you might be able to hear it whisper, "Icy"...
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to win a Private Dinner where Yu Suzuki is Present!

Giorgio's there (as indicated by his post), so is Yokosuka Martian, and of course me. So that's four at least.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hate spiders, but... poor spider! Fuck her life. She scrambled inside for a safe, warm place to have her babies, and swiftly ends up trapped under a bowl being gassed with spray while nature takes its unrelenting course. Brutal.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gearbox situation escalating

While all of this unfolds, Yu Suzuki is somewhere gritting his teeth, saying, "Why didn't I think of that?"
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese version of this text

Even though you made a mistake, you could have avoided looking silly by learning how to dispute somebody's point without being an ass about it.

Perhaps Wikipedia has a tutorial on that too.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

"Did you see a black car?"
"It's behind you, moron."
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Woman Sits On Toilet For Two & A Half Years

Two and a half years is nothing actually. There's a woman here in the UK who's been on the throne for sixty years, if you can believe that. Her son's been trying his best to dislodge her but she's having none of it. He apparently describes his mother's prolonged stay in this position as a royal pain in the arse.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's a beautiful picture. I'd love to see an animated short based on that.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost the car key

Sorry, I meant khakis.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you settle for?

In my case, the least that I could settle for would be a game using the same old engine. Just give me a good plot. I'm ok if the game is shorter than the previous one, as long as I get to make impactful decisions in it. And conclude the story. I'm ok if they need to skip a dozen chapters and a dozen years ahead. I think such a game could still be epic, if they make the right artistic decisions. But that's just me.
It's not just you, I'd settle for that too. Although I expect Sega sees it as more of an "all or nothing" choice.

I absolutely will not settle for an HD remake of 1 & 2 without the promise of 3. I understand why they might be necessary to justify the sequel at this point, and I might even be in the minority here, but I have next to no interest in replaying the original games with sharper graphics. If it makes number 3 more viable, then by all means, bring out the remakes. I'll buy them and hope they sell like hotcakes. But personally I've been there and done that - they're no substitute for a conclusion to the cliffhanger they end with, and to lead a new generation of fans to that cliff edge without any renewed plans to finish the story would be an insult. I'd be perfectly understanding if they said "if the HD ports sell well, we'll follow through with Shenmue 3," but a reasonable intent has to be there, even if it's conditional.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Impact (people care so little about it that they didn't even realize there was a name change)

Impact Wrestling is the name of TNA Wrestling's television show, like Raw and SmackDown are the names of WWE's television shows. They haven't eradicated the TNA initials entirely, the logo's still on all the PPV posters, etc.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Henry Spencer wrote: Image

Be careful Henry, there are "mild themes" in this game. Which I assume to mean elevator music. Stay alert!
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A scaled up version of my left testicle would knock the moon out of orbit. Can I have a PhD?
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bug Reports

Who Really Cares? wrote: At the moment my posts are posting fine but now and then i get a white screen rather than be shown the post in the topic so i have to re open the website from my browser.

I've been getting this as well, just in the last day or two.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VOTE SHENMUE 3 AS YOUR MOST WANTED XBOX 720 TITLE

Blah, I don't have a facebook account.
Me neither. Why are these things always on facebook..
Probably because millions and millions of people do use Facebook. I'm not a fan of the site myself but for networking and publicity you can't argue with its importance.

Meanwhile there's probably someone out there asking, "Why are these things always on the Internet? Where can I mail my write-in vote?"
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VOTE SHENMUE 3 AS YOUR MOST WANTED XBOX 720 TITLE

Magazine editor comments on the poll:
Asked the @OXMUK Facebook group what should feature in the Durango reveal. Top of the list: Shenmue 3. Never stop believing.

Nearly 2000 votes now, almost doubling TimeSplitters 4.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Xbox Live official magazine poll Facebook

And to be fair, if somebody was checking to see if this had already been posted the natural place to look would be in the Shenmue III forum, and it's not there. I'm surprised the original hasn't been moved yet - wude, you're slacking on the job already.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

Right. You cant just argue morals and ideological views to companys in a capitalist country. Thats like trying to convince a homicidal theif in a gang to turn himself in even though everyone else in the gang wont. These companies get away with DLC and DRM because they continue to make money from it. Its a business model now. Pointing it out to them with just words and emotional rants does nothing to stop it.
You're assuming people's complaints are only ever intended for the company's ears.

When people rant on a forum, like this one for example, they're not expecting the games company to read it. The only people reading are fellow gamers. Fellow gamers who might be swayed by these words to view said company in a different light, and think twice before buying their products.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

And tomorrow being the 3rd of the month, there'll be no shortage of evidence within easy reach. Just imagine if the MAGS organizers brought up a live Twitter search on a projector screen while Yu's on stage.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll just copy and paste my (typically cautious) interpretation of it here:

Now, we don't want to get anyone's hopes up. As exciting as this sounds, the news is still rather vague and ambiguous, at least until we're able to gather more details. But we promised to pass along whatever came out of the Monaco Anime Game Show this weekend, so please take this with a grain of salt for the time being:

As you may recall from an earlier post, Sebastien-Abdelhamid had asked fans on Twitter to suggest questions that he would ask Yu Suzuki at the MAGS convention. Well, here's a new tweet from the interviewer following that session:

"Yu Suzuki déclare penser au Crownfunding type Kickstarter pour financer Shenmue 3 ! #MAGS"

https://twitter.com/SAbdelhamid/status/308259625822728192

This roughly translates to:

"Yu Suzuki declares he is thinking about crowdfunding such as Kickstarter to finance Shenmue 3! #MAGS"

A thrilling prospect for sure, but before we get carried away let's acknowledge a few things. First of all, while it still inspires hope, it says he's only thinking about it. But most importantly, we don't yet know the context of these comments. We don't even have a direct quote. Did Yu volunteer this statement, or was he coaxed into politely going along with an idea presented to him on the spot? We simply don't know at this stage, so we hope to see a video or at least a full transcription of the interview before deciding how seriously to take this tweet.

We have said before that we believe Yu would be more open to the Kickstarter concept than the corporate suits at Sega. You can read our previous comments here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375636402448405

On this latest development, we'll keep you posted.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm still reserving judgment on both comments until we actually read or hear... the comments. Not the perceived gist being relayed to us by the host in 140 characters or less.

For all we know, the discussion about Kickstarter may have gone like this:

Sebastien: "The next question is from Pierre, who wants to know if you would ever consider using a crowdfunding solution like Kickstarter to finance Shenmue 3."

<crowd whoops and cheers in approval, while Yu consults with his interpreter>

Yu Suzuki: (nervously, in Japanese) "There are... a few ways we can work out the budget for Shenmue 3. Asking for donations is... it's one of them. It's, uh... it's something I think about, yes."

<interpreter translates while Yu smiles and nods as crowd applauds>

Now somebody trained in media hyperbole wouldn't think twice about describing this exclusive revelation as "Yu Suzuki says he is thinking about a Kickstarter-like model to fund Shenmue 3." But it may be an oversimplification of what was really said, and how Yu said it. We won't know until we see a video or read a direct transcription.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

Never been less happy to say I told you so. Even about Shenmue HD, the extra sour cherry on top.

Question is how will he get it behind him? By continuing the struggle and eventually making the game? Or by letting it go and making a new IP to close out his career in whatever fashion he wants.
While he's certainly capable of taking a creative turn that nobody expected, I've a feeling that anything he does will always be met with murmurs of, "Yeah, but it's not Shenmue 3..." It's almost like a Ted Dansen or a Kelsey Grammer trying to get new projects off the ground after Cheers and Frasier - it's a big hurdle to get over their long association with a much loved franchise.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1 - If he did say that Shenmue HD is not even being worked on, then we have been duped again by countless dumb rumors and that guy at Sega is really a jerk for saying that it was coming.
Nobody at Sega said it was coming.

PR rep Ben Harborne made a typical PR remark about Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia: "I can't say yes or no, but we may be working on 'em." Translated as: "Keep your eyes on Sega so we can sell you stuff we actually ARE working on."

The only people who said it was coming were a 4chan troll claiming to be a Sega mole, and a fifth rate website quoting a conveniently anonymous source. Both of which should have been dismissed even quicker than Harborne's wry teasing.

3 - If he is not currently working on Shenmue III, then what IS he working on? We haven't heard anything? Everywhere he goes, people only want to know about Shenmue. I just don't understand why he would work on anything else at this point.
Maybe that's why we never know what he's working on. :lol:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1 - If he did say that Shenmue HD is not even being worked on, then we have been duped again by countless dumb rumors and that guy at Sega is really a jerk for saying that it was coming.
Nobody at Sega said it was coming.

Actually, what someone at Sega said (and I am not sure if we are speaking about the same person), in response to a question about what other Dreamcast games would be coming, was "I can tell you what it will be, it will be Shenmue."
Watch the video again, as Ziming posted. The question is, "Should fans keep requesting HD remakes of their favorite Dreamcast games?" You quoted the answer correctly, but you mistook the question for, "Will there be any more remakes of Dreamcast games?" Harborne was simply anticipating the most requested games, not those that would be released.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm gonna sound like an ethnocentric cunt, but perhaps maybe go to an english speaking convention instead, where more people would be able to understand and ask questions. Obviously English is one of the most common languages so why not go to one instead of the French one?
Set one up and invite him then. For all we know you might be the first to try. Maybe the English speaking world is just cheap and expects him to fly economy.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

It depends on what exactly was said. So far, it sounds like he said it's not (currently) happening, as opposed to "not that I'm aware of," etc. Which sounds pretty definite. If he felt he wasn't in a position to give a straight answer, either because he wasn't sure or because he'd been asked not to, then he'd have been more vague. We may still find that to be the case, but so far it appears he was quite clear on the matter.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as Shenmue needs Yu Suzuki, Yu Suzuki needs Sega to make Shenmue. This "rights" thing is a bit misguided, imo. While I fully support the Yu Suzuki twitter campaign, I'm not sure if it's addressing the correct issue.

If Sega just "gave Yu the licence" he'd have no money, no development team, and no company to publish the game. It's a fucked up relationship but regardless, Sega needs to publish Shenmue 3 if it were ever to happen. They're not just gonna give away publishing rights to another company and there's no other company who'd want it anyway.
There are two ways of looking at it.

One is that, sure, having full control of the license wouldn't guarantee that Yu can get the game made. But it frees him up to shop around and explore whatever options may be out there, even if they are few and far between. My belief is that Yu cares more about making the game than Sega does, and for that reason I would like it to be his decision whether any particular avenue of opportunity is explored or not. I hate to think that Sega is dismissing certain ideas because it doesn't fit their self image or because it means working with a specific competitor, etc. If the buck stops with Yu, I believe he would do whatever's in the best interests of the game being made, and if he couldn't get it done, I'd at least be satisfied that every attempt had been made.

The other way of looking at it is to not take the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense hashtag quite so literally. Many people use it as simply a means of expressing their frustration with Sega's inaction, and essentially asking them to #GiveYuTheChanceToMakeShenmue3 - but that's excessively long for a hashtag. It's still calling for Shenmue 3 to be made, while acknowledging that it's not Yu's reluctance standing in the way.

Whichever way you look at it, the Tweetathon is capturing people's imaginations and lighting a fire under the casual fanbase for an organized, constructive goal. The sentiment speaks louder than the semantics.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A comment just posted on the Team Yu Facebook page:

Hi ! I'm Sarah from game-pad.fr, I'm not perfectly fluent but I'll try to give more information in English, so you can understand better what I've said in my report. For sure M. Yu Suzuki is willing to work on Shenmue III. Actually the 'kickstarter' question was asked in a very direct way to Mr. Yu Suzuki. My feeling is that He did not really have any other choice but to answer positively because the whole assembly really wanted him to hear a "yes". M. Yu Suzuki is a great man, really kind and generous - that's my feeling, but I really think he couldn't be insensible to expressions of gratitude from all the people who admire his work and so, He tried to bring something positive to his fans. On remakes, I wanted to clarify what I wrote in my report. He said explicitly that he had never heard of any Shenmue HD remake or port. I do not think SEGA can consider remakes without talking to Mr. Suzuki first. By the way, videos of the conference will come online soon, so everyone will be able to see how things went and judge by themselves. Just to be clear, I don't doubt the word of Sebastien Abdelhamid, I just had a different perception on what happened. Hope this tiny explaination will help.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When Sega poured those millions into the game's development, they weren't banking on the hardware being a flop. Shenmue sold as well as any game could on the Dreamcast, but it was a big fish in a small pond with no mathematical possibility of breaking even. That Sega, or anyone else, still blames Shenmue for those losses is face smackingly frustrating.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Somebody linked to this video in the Shenmue 500K group on Facebook, and as the uploader mentions this forum I thought someone had better post it here too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hvghKbdGM[/youtube]
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I was hoping to get a full write-up of last weekend's Tweetathon and surrounding events finished today, but I feel like utter shit right now so it may be further delayed.

In the meantime, some of you may not be aware of a new technique we're using for next month's Tweetathon. Go to this page and click the "Support with Twitter" button. Follow the prompts and your tweet will be stored until April 3rd, before being automatically sent at the same time as everyone else who signed up.

It works like Kickstarter, in that we have to reach the target of 100 supporters or else none of the tweets will be sent. But we're nearly there already, so with your help we can just make sure the simultaneous blast during next month's Tweetathon is as big as possible.

This doesn't have to replace sending your own tweets on the day. This is just a supplimentary method that produces a different kind of impact, and also allows people to make the effort in advance if they're going to be busy on the 3rd (or think they might forget).
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is It Just Me Or Is It Dead Here Now?

Yokosuka Martian wrote:You know what this place needs to increase the traffic? Drama.

Not sure how dressing up as King Lear and prancing about on stage is going to help matters.

Not that I agree the forum's dead anyway.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic