Search found 1000 matches

Return

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

Im more concerned about the animation thats going to be applied to these graphics. From what they've shown, they've proven they don't understand animation basics.

Oh, really? What do you think is more likely... that the professionals working on Shenmue III somehow have landed this job without understanding animation basics? Or that a consumer who has been shown work-in-progress footage doesn't understand what they're seeing in regards to the overall game development schedule?
by Centrale
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

But if it can be done by us at home, why wouldn't a professional developer be able to do it?

Just because people have made it work in specific places doesn't mean those changes just 'work' across every other possible moment and eventuality in the game. Its entirely possible they have tried all the same tweaks we have as a community and found it was too hit and miss and time consuming in reality. For example, just saying it's easy to just move the camera back to get a 16:9 ratio is daft.. Sure.. and that might work most of the time, but there could be a future cutscene where doing that even slightly pushes the camera inside another object... Can't move forwards, can't move backwards... What about the many characters that freeze when they leave the confines of the 4:3 border, add new animations too??

We are all talking like we are professional devs with full access to the code and shitting all over thier efforts as if they were lazy or incompetent. Don't be so arrogant and so sure of yourselves.. have some humility.. (people in general, not specifically you mrandyk)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Streams Return! - Thursday 19th July 9PM BS

Unbelievable. I can't believe Sega were in chat. My jaw is still on the floor. Fair play to them, they really are reaching out. Sega in the Shenmue Dojo stream. That's insane to me. Inspires me more to get this new site out ASAP!!
by Peter
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

Just can't help but feel what a missed oppertunity this was. I mean how much would it have taken to actually spend some time on the game and update the graphics? It looks old, probably will play old too and because of that, there is probably a bunch of potential fans that won't bother with the game.

You are entitled to your opinion but consider this..

Many cases rereleasing games as HD reboots have failed.

The first special edition monkey island had a lot of criticism for voice acting and graphical decisions that took away from the original monkey island feel.

Silent Hill rereleases were also controversial to the originals.

Gabriel Knight rerelease, many fans including new players prefer the originals

I can go on, realize the situation here..

1) Shenmue 1 was exclusive to Dreamcast and out of print for some time now, the GDroms will eventually fail. for new players, at some point Dreamcast hardware will dry up.

2) Shenmue II was never released in the US for Dreamcast outside of PAL versions imported, Shenmue IIx was released for xbox but also out of print now, the xbox 360 emulator doesnt load everything properly which also hinders and makes it difficult to obtain the game.

3) Realize that we had literally no news about Shenmue continuing let alone a re release spanning from 2002 to 2015 for shenmue III and a remastered rerelease in 2018. If you date back shenmue 1s release date in 99 thats almost 20 years that have lapsed from the first game. Understand that fans had been pushing for continuations and releases for roughly over a decade.

4)We are getting both games at a cheap price with both Japanese and English dubs and 1080p support. As much as I would love a remaster, I highly doubt SEGA would take the risk on a full retextured game. If sales are good for the game, then perhaps that will send a message that there is demand for a remake of the games similar to what occurred with Yakuza.
by PILMAN
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:49 am

Jump to topic

by Peter
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Jump to topic

by Sappharad
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD pre-order now out in Japan

Sorry about the late reply. I don't know why it has a German sticker on it, but it's only available to order by the seller Amazon.co.jp. If it were the German version I think it would be more expensive.

There are other imported versions on Amazon Japan that we can order and they are listed as 輸入版:北米 (Import version: North America) for triple the price. So I think the 4,157 JPY version should be the Japanese version.

P.S. it says that Koch Media GmbH is the publisher, so maybe the German company is also publishing the Japanese version?
by Kirino_Matsuyama
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by MiTT3NZ
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Jump to topic