Search found 1000 matches

Return

Re: Specific screencap needed!

I will never forgive you for taking my chance at glory, Ziming.
by Mocha Joe
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Mysterious Tape

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3tH-R3R7Y[/youtube]
by ShenmueTree
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

just what Ziming said. Stop it or show proofs
by Schiff
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Did Shenmue have the best music ever?

Consider this:

Here's my approach. Compose some music first. Put all my thoughts into a tune without
telling anything. Then let the staff, planners and scenario writers, listen to it.
And when each of them get some inspiration, I collect them and start shaping them into
a form. Getting ideas from various people including my thought is a good way to create
things with no particular color. Without writing sentences, without drawing pictures,
just music stimulates the imagination to create a new universe. So I made the music first. Read more.

Yu Suzuki first creates the music and (based on that) then creates the universe. So, in Shenmue there is a 1-on-1 relationship between music and the game itself. Shenmue it is a great game, so it has great music, or, Shenmue has great music, so it is a great game. Both of these sentences [and especially the second one, based on what Suzuki-san said (i.e. he first make the music, then the universe)] are valid, only when the inspiration that they have gathered from the music , have taken some excellent form (and reflects the greatness of the composed music)· and this is something that happens in Shenmue.
by Giorgio
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I'll tweet throughout the day
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive also tweeted sega a few times today
by hiro94
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is my first time participating. :)
by _StreetSonic_
Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega teases Shenmue HD release on XBLA/PSN

I'm still dumbfounded by them not doing Shenmue III and instead move on to Shenmue Online. All that time spent on SO coulda went to SIII.
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I answered to both calls of duty from my phone on the toilet.
by Axm
Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah gettin my tweet on
by Elevensixty
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD/3 Kickstarter

Don't be that guy... But yeah, the idea's been "kicked" around, but only SEGA or Suzuki himself would be able to do it.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did my part and tweeted several times yesterday.
by ShenmueTree
Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tweeted a couple of times, myself too, glad to hear it went well.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outdated daily things we take for granted

1. Circumcision is good. It lowers the risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease and cancer. It developed among civilizations with ancient memory, for the purpose of cleanliness, like traditions of clean and unclean foods saved people from disease, even if they did not know why.
There's just a few studies that didn't find anything really conclusive. In science this usually means that there's no real proof and most likely due to measuring errors (or biased researchers). The case of circumcision is one of those where some found a subtle advantage while others even found a slight disadvantage when it comes to diseases. Pretty typical of cases where there is no effect at all. And about cancer : as researchers said, just shower regularly and it's a non-issue.

As far as I know, the number of people in the EU getting these diseases aren't alarming when compared to the US. Actually, considering that many die worldwide during these rituals it's not clear to me if a claimed slight advantage would weigh up against these numbers.

Saying that ancient tribes did things without knowing why is not really a plus in my eyes. They sacrificed people, they elongated heads, necks, shortened feet. None of which had any real benefit.
Circumcision is also prevalent in Anglosaxon countries in the West. Largely because of the influence of the Victorian era and its morals.

PS Why did god create it and ask to remove it? I guess being forgetful and asking mortals to correct the mistake afterwards is not it? Showing courage just seems an odd choice since suicide can take more courage but isn't allowed. The custom differs from country to country, era to era though. Which (to me) sounds more local and man made than divine.

Honest question : to each their own of course. I mean, people modify their bodies for several reasons. But if this is partly related to sexuality, why bother circumcising a child? Instead of letting adults choose later if they want to go through with this procedure?

by ys
Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldnt donate a penny, unless the fund was officially started by a credible gaming studio, or Suzuki himself.
by Peter
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEGA would probably spend the money on hookers n' blow if we funded 'em.
by Yokosuka Martian
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Future of Playstation. Feb 20th.

^To me the news is Sumo is (maybe) working on LBP3.
by ThyDarkAngel
Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How to win a Private Dinner where Yu Suzuki is Present!

Planned a trip to MAGS. On their website I saw the following news:

http://www.mags-monaco.com/index/news/idNews/31/title/Grand+concours+ouvert+%C3%A0+tous+%21+Des+Prix+fabuleux+%C3%A0+la+cl%C3%A9+%21

translate.google.com :
Greater competition open to all! Awards fabulous key!
return
Shibuya International will close the festivities associated with its 10th anniversary in grand finale at the Monaco Anime Game Show.

On this occasion, an exceptional competition is organized to Tuesday, February 19 at 20h

To participate, you must

1) "liker" Facebook page (FB) of the event if it is not already ^ ^: https://www.facebook.com/mags.monaco

2) Bring as many people on the same page they have FB "liker" also

3) They must post the name or nickname of their sponsor on the comments section of the YouTube page available on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHT2LPHhrOs

Note: The same name or alias must be present on the FB page MAGS

A draw will then be made ​​among the sponsors who have brought a minimum of 30 people on the FB page MAGS

Complicated? Maybe ... but it's worth the effort because our single winner will receive:

• 2 Tickets to the private dinner Shibuya International 10th anniversary in a luxury hotel Monaco in the presence of Go Nagai, Michel Ocelot, Yu Suzuki, Yoshitaka Amano and Akino Arai on March 2
• 2 VIP Place for Anime Game Show Monaco including lots of our partners
• The signing of four guests of honor

Shibuya International reserves the right to refuse anyone who does not agree it seems (by behavior) with the image and values ​​of society.

This informal competition can be stopped at any time in case of irregularities.

Is it possible for us (Shenmue Scene) to get Shendream/David from Shenmue Master to this dinner, by participating this competition?

I'm sure this is possible as a community! Let's hear our voices!
by rdk_nl
Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega returns to the hardware business

Other than having the decals there is nothing about these things worth buying. It's crap meant to suck money from suckers.
by Bluecast
Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HD picture of the Shenmue tree?

I knew that Magic Weather System originated from somewhere...
by Yokosuka Martian
Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I finally got Shenmue....

And it's fucking awesome!I ordered the first game from Ebay last week and got it yesterday.I seriously thought the game was gonna be overrated but i was wrong.I started playing the game yesterday and today i reached disc 2 and im on the part where you have to get into warehouse 8.It sucks i was only 6 when this game came out if i was a bit older i would've bought it but when i was a kid all i had was a ps1 and a n64 my uncle had a Dreamcast when he lived with me but i only played it every once in awhile.I just can't beileve how well the game stands up for being from 1999,Best 21 dollars ive ever spent.
by hiro94
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to win a Private Dinner where Yu Suzuki is Present!

Competition Ended, now we have to wait patiently!

Wanna say thanks to:
⋅ 1. Durimanful
⋅ 2. Stacey Wardle
⋅ 3. kenzeus
⋅ 4. XR3NX
⋅ 5.Shoqolatee Pearl
⋅ 6.Tlacaelel Mendez Reyes
⋅ 7. Scott Gunner
⋅ 8. SelfActualized174
⋅ 9.MisanthropicStoner
⋅ 10. dapeoplesperson
⋅ 11. Fandango Feinstein
⋅ 12. deewon4
⋅ 13. alphaphoenix55
⋅ 14. Pender8874
⋅ 15. theirishcowboy
⋅ 16. Giorgio Sotiro
⋅ 17. barrysbaps01
⋅ 18. secsiboi
⋅ 19. jordi lopez
⋅ 20. Marcin G
⋅ 21. Alexander Munoz
⋅ 22. TheDemicon
⋅ 23. heady2009
⋅ 24. YingYanYuck
⋅ 25. TeamYuNeedsYou
⋅ 26. Ziming
⋅ 27. Mike c
⋅ 28. KT Fluty
⋅ 29. GBR gamebytesradio
⋅ 30. Joris Schalk
by rdk_nl
Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese version of this text

Kiyuu wrote:Roma(nization) wasn't built in a day, you know? ;-)

by Bambi
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

It's not triple-A, so everyone hated it. But if you like slashing people with samurai swords, it's not bad.
Not a great game by any means, but it's not the abomination they make it out to be. Should be cheap nowadays anyway; anywhere under ten bucks is probably really fair.
by OL
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Played the demo. Ok and worth a try cheap.
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Anyone else hate the use of the word core game?

Seems to just come down to, I like this game so its core and i don't like that game so its not. Pretty clear most people on the net who use the word have no real idea what it means and its not something you ever hear a gamer actually say when talking about games.
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Raw would be a bit more watchable if it went back to 2 hours.
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More news posters?

We have the monthly tweetathon. Facebook polls. Interviews. Dinners with Yu. Yet none of this is reaching the main site. Anyway we can up the activity of the news posted on the front page? Maybe people like Wude is active daily and a trusted mod and always involved in Shenmue Projects. Just seems updating the main page has really been slacking. Might get more people to sign up seeing more news.
by Bluecast
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Article]Why Shenmue 3 must never be made

:roll: Here we go again. Despite the fact that the author of this article clearly believes himself to be a contrarian, he's not, in fact this view seems to be the mainstream one in many corners of the internet. I've personally had the experience of being bashed over the head with "but it will never live up to expectations/Sega will never provide a big enough budget/ those days of gaming are OVER/ get over it and move on" replies on certain forums while trying to drum up support for the tweethon.

I'm afraid I have little patience for cowardice on the level of "let's not try and get what we want in case it's not as good as we hoped." Seriously, screw that.

^this. And people always forget that for every dud franchise reboot (well, every truckload admittedly..), there's always a surprise gem that beats the odds, a game that shouldn't have been as good as it is, but is. Something like XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Who thought that was going to work out well prior to it's release?

Also the author does give the impression he's the type who'll be checking this forum later, probably hoping to see a bunch of angry fans "spunk creamy-hot vitriolic hate all over my face". Well, his face.
by mue 26
Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

At the moment I'm in Monaco, actually a place nearby.

I Was the 5th person to get my items signed.

Yu was extremely friendly. His eyes where twinkling when he saw my huge Shenmue box ;)
When I'm right, there was no "Yu talk" today. Only tomorrow (sunday) 1600 local time.

Unfortunatelly I have a crappy internetcommection. No uploads, sorry. Pictures later!

"Monaco Television asked me for an interview"

Lady: "So, you came especially from The Netherlands to see the Monaco Anime and Games Show"
Me: "No, for Yu Suzuki, and let him sign my stuff"
Lady: "Why is he so important"
Me: "Because he made Shenmue"

Hope it will be broadcasted soon, and maybe we get some new Shenmue lovers ;)
by rdk_nl
Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want to join this. But i don't know a shit about this twitter thing. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to join/follow this event? Thanks in advance. I already have an account but nothing else.
by Nankeiro
Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want to join this. But i don't know a shit about this tweeter thing. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to join/follow this event? Thanks in advance. I already have an account but nothing else.
Just log in and where you want to write a message copy and paste #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense then say something. Anything. Something as simple as I want Shenmue 3 will suffice.
http://i.imgur.com/dZxgGL6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GUABcKh.jpg
by Bluecast
Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is the 3rd already here in Japan and I have done my part.

希望を捨てるわけにはいけない!戦いは最後まで終わってないから!!
We must not give up hope! The fight is not over!
by RyoHazuki84
Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Also, there is a YT video from teamyu.net that explains just this, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmDHTN1U ... ded#t=102s
by Giorgio
Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Yokosuka Martian wrote: I'm still not sure if we'd have enough people to help fund the thing.

SD alone might not. Just remember Shenmue fans stretch far beyond us. Not all post on forums. There is always hope.
by Bluecast
Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Done. Now I wait for April 3rd :)
by Bluecast
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive tweeted sega about 7 or8 times today allready.It looks like a huge day for tweeting
by hiro94
Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic