Search found 134 matches

Return

Re: Famitsu Article

Welcome to the dojo Allan, and thank you and the team for your hard work and for keeping us up to date, very much appreciated!
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you most looking forward to?

Either waiting for very late at night/very early morning (where I'll have some undisturbed time to myself) cranking up the surround sound and setting up Phillips Hue lights to a cool blue (for the first game) and scarlet red (for the second game) along with a side of sparkling water (for the first game) or bitter green tea (for the second game) and maybe a packet of those pocky/mikado sticks as well and then just chill-out.

#LivingTheDream

I echo the same sentiments as above too, looking forward to introduce/gift people this (maybe try and play this game alongside a family member/friend) and have all the bells/whistles of modern platforms (leaving console on standby, screenshots, videos, etc).
by FlagshipFighter
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Even if there's not a toggle in game, I can see there being a .ini tweak to reduce/disable it.

100% agreed. If MS managed to disable motion blur with the Xbox 360 emulator running the game off a disc in real-time: D3T should be able to do that and more with the source code at hand.

I have no doubts these will eventually be the definitive versions of the games, but I do think people noticing things now and (kindly) commenting on it is a useful aid to development (especially that they're a full-on company equipped to manage, outsource or handle such things with higher-ups such things versus a crowd-sourced funded team).

Things like the implementation of motion blur and Spanish subs (if not for when the discs are in production then maybe a day1 patch/post launch depending on when it releases?) I'm sure the preorder numbers and the volume of tweets at them are reinforcing the importance of these features in the game.

I was just reading some scepticism a few had about Shenmue's rerelease because of Burnout: Paradise Remaster's (D3T's last project) rough launch. In this case I suspect they started development on that one not long ago and they had a relatively short amount of time to do it but either way: EA are committed to continually fixing the game with them until all the issues have been resolved.
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

D3T Allen mentioned that he thought development had progressed a bit more than the 70% quoted in the Famitsu article, so I'm inclined to think the release date will be closer to E3 than to the end of the year. Of course that aligns quite well with my own wishful thinking, as I'd love to be playing this all summer.

I think it's likely too, here are a few reasons why I think so:

- They'll be some distance expected between this and Shenmue 3 (unless Shenmue 3's release changes and so 1&2 changes along with it, which of course is possible but things do appear locked-in right now)
- MegaDrive Classics was announced in mid-March (at SXSW) and it releases 2 and a half months after that announcement
- The same managers/developers involved with the Megadrive Classics were also involved with Shenmue 1 and 2
- HECK both MD Classics and Shenmue 1 and 2 have free bundled posters!
- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, which was managed by SEGA Europe who are also overseeing management for Shenmue 1 and 2 (but not developed by D3T) according to IGN. It was also announced and released within a 2 month window (and also contained a free poster lol)
- Preorders properly setup up and running almost everywhere (although it can't have a shadow-dropped release on E3 stage like some speculate because that can't logistically work that way now that it's an item people are aware of and preordered by many)
- The game has progressed very far in development
- SEGA has a release for every month this year from now till September, except June. People would often point out that June is a bad time for releasing games ('cause "people are off to the beach!") but it's only really applicable for major releases, not the likes of remasters like this with low store inventory volume expected, with Crash doing exceptionally well last year during the early summer).

To me, that's certainly how things are looking right now. Obviously this is my speculation interpreting the info that's out there and it's all subject to change at a moments notice (just like yakuza 6, which was moved into the new fiscal year) and maybe things are different with project now because of preorders numbers + feedback on features they might be willing to reassess and re-evaluate it's launch.

But doing so doesn't give them too much room unless they really push the date far out beyond Dec (which doesn't make too much sense with the way they've marketed it) and I don't think that this is the sort of product they're going to hype and roll out info for months and months before launch (based on deepsilver's tweets).They'll likely continue to talk about it on twitter etc when the game is already out and chime in on the Shenmue 3 buzz etc to promote this.

I think in this case: we've come to expect a predictable enough pattern from them, with further reinforces that the newegg.com date of late June has some truth to it, and no one's come out to disprove that either.)

Obviously I'd love it sooner as we all do, but in the event that it is really far out: that's absolutely fine, I'd rather this (knowing that the game is confirmed for release at some point in 2018) then seeing them shadow-dropping the game later in the year and for most of us to be ignorant to this info.

Also, I totally see them having some time to fix stuff for late June, as they basically have until late May to go gold and start manufacturing discs. But yeah: my flagchips are placed on the end of June! It's very likely we will know more around E3 (but not necessarily on stage).

P.S. Apologies if my post got carried-away, I'm well aware that it all comes across as confirmation-bias :-"
P.P.S. It's worth nothing that valkyria remastered and sega megadrive classics had their released dates announced at launch iirc where shenmue 1 and 2 doesn't BUT it will likely coincide with similar big news (pertaining to shenmue 3) just as Riku previously mentioned.
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

Amazon is like 44% of e-commerce sales in the US. I don't even need to check to know that's likely the highest market share any single retailer has.

Still, it's impossible for us to divine some real numbers outta this, but if it's consistently doing well on Amazon's best sellers list that's great news. I mean, the PS4 version is hanging next to the fastest selling exclusive on that console in the US best seller's chart for PS4 games. That list gets updated hourly . Its got legs for sure.

Yeah, not to mention that a good amount of buyers in the US are likely using the bestbuy gamerclub scheme to purchase this, even though amazon now has the 20% off atm, I can see a lot of people buying things in bulk to get more points, the same way I assume many in the UK are using sites like base.com because they show up as the cheapest on all these compare/frugal websites.

Despite all of that, the staying power on amazon globally is really impressive!
by FlagshipFighter
Fri May 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

Anyone think we could see shenmue ps4 themes and avatars when the re releases come out? I hope so.

I assume it's be handled very similarly to the upcoming megadrive classics collection since it's the same devs/pub (and both projects share a lot of similarities with the way they're distributed), right down to the 10% off for PS+ members: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0177-CUSA09771_00-SMDCPREORDERB000

No avatars of exclusive themes for preordering or anything like that yet unfortunately, but in the past they have put up avatars/themes and stuff over a month or two later (usually for very cheap or free, as a means to build up some excitement again post launch) I can see them making an exception if they wanted to (considering how trivial this stuff is in the grand scheme of things).

If nothing happens: We can make our own avatars/wallpapers on these platforms (usually with premium themes on ps4 I keep the sounds etc on mute anyway :D )

tbf it might be worth letting the sega europe twitter account know if this is something you'd want
by FlagshipFighter
Thu May 10, 2018 7:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Backer Demo -- Hypothetical

I actually care having it, not for playing it per se but as the ownership of a physical copy for keepsake or its sale to some collector.
The backer trial is almost certainly a digital download.

https://s9.postimg.cc/lzh8hit4v/Physical_Demo.png

I'd be very disappointed if they forgo any of the promised rewards for those who payed for it.

The line you underscored pertains to the fullgame, read the sentence right underneath it.
by FlagshipFighter
Tue May 15, 2018 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Info + Details of S1&2 from Adam Koralik (7th July)

https://youtu.be/efAwKp02yDs

+ Bloom optional (enabling/disabling motion blur not confirmed yet)
+ Supports original resolution (480p) alongside higher resolution (1080p)
+ Gameplay sections playable in original 4:3 alongside widescreen
+ Fast loading times (1-2 seconds on base ps4/xb1 hardware)
- No micro-transactions
- No passport disc :*-( (alongside online features like leaderboards)
- No ingame product-placement

More videos+information coming soon from Adam and the official SEGA Europe channels
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Info + Details of S1&2 from Adam Koralik (7th July)

@Amir I'm going to try Shenmue out in both aspect ratios, but I think 16:9 will be fine. I've been playing so many older/retro/backcompat titles that 4:3 gameplay/cut-scenes don't really both me as much as it used to, I just accept it as an classical quirk/trait of an era (as I do with old 4:3 movies like The 39 Steps) then I do as a negative.

What would be distracting for me personally is if S2's graphics were bleeding on the [left & right] edge on the black borders on the bottom of the 4:3 frame. But as long as nothing is visible outside/around the border: it'll be fine. I don't think it will either, especially now that it supports scaling resolutions.

@GYO6161 Yeah, insane. 1-2 seconds sounds like a good amount of time to me (usually the title of the loaded area and time is what I check, as well as just enjoying the music that comes with it).

@SkillJim Yeah, this one was gutting for me to hear as it is the first actual omission from the original release's content (I suppose ingame product placement is technically an omission too but we don't really know to what extent just yet and it personally doesn't seem critical in my experience with the game with how little you see that stuff).

BUT I am really hoping SOME aspects of that (like maybe the jukebox/stats tracking and cutscene viewer) is relegated to being a normal menu option for you to to select/experience. And hopefully this game will have it's own extra's/bonuses unique to this version.

@Valascaziel Pro/X support would be great if they did manage to get around to do it (it didn't sound like it when someone mentioned it to the dev here last time. At the same time: it does still mention "scaleable resolutions" for the consoles features (but this could denote to scaling down to the original 480p resolution and not upwards beyond 1080p)
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 7515258880

A tweet from Cedric with Suzuki-san; both hard at work on Shenmue 3!
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Data Discs Repress - Shenmue Soundtrack Vinyl

Got my order today! The print quality of the cover artwork is really good!

by FlagshipFighter
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

Adam produced a new video; expands on aspect ratio and technical talk with Shengoro86:
phpBB [video]
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue - Return to Dobuita St. Trailer feat. Koralik+Yusuf!

https://youtu.be/0PaNgpSks3U

Some really beautiful shots of Dobuita here alongside some new gameplay clips showing us more of the new ingame UI such as the Yen counter and the subtitles font. Game looking really sharp and clean.

Also the clown on Tom's Hot Dog truck has been colour corrected back to how it was in the original game! :O

P.S. 100 Yen soda drinks in Shenmue are priced at 130 Yen irl, the inflation is real! :O :D
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

Hello Backers!

With the combined Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, we have reached the $7M stretch goal! Having reached this goal, the Battle System Expanded: AI Battling will be included! Thank you so much for your support!!  

Battle System Expanded: AI Battling    

This control system lets you automatically unleash the perfect technique in response to the opponent's positioning and distance. R&D for this system is based on Yu Suzuki's concept for players who are not used to fighting games or for those who want a full immersion battle experience. This battle system is highly compatible with, and will be an extension to the current battle system.

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/021/987/714/72ca8373a797ad46bd2a4a87a6529b12_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1532329681&auto=format&q=92&s=d118ecd2b624e0a620ca15f7e5d8eddc         

The Slacker Backer and Fangamer upgrade & add-on campaigns are still underway, so don't miss out!        

And please make sure to get your survey in! Thank you!!

Add-on & Upgrade Announcement

The Toy Capsule Box Set is now available through Fangamer! Get the Ryo, Shenhua, Chai and Forklift set as either an add-on or upgrade. Alright! Have some more fun!

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/021/958/714/09bac5285162339db42863e34bbcd8ca_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1532050438&auto=format&lossless=true&s=34056e97970d29a097208c4f6328d7aa

Survey FAQ

We have received many inquiries concerning the survey for the following which we would like to address here.

*Please note that policies and implementation may change without notice depending on applicable quantities and content.     

Name Credit Input

There are three fields in which to input your name for name credit rewards. The first is English only and is required. The second and third are optional and accept other languages.

If you choose to enter your name in the second or third field in a language other than English, these optional names will take precedent.

*This will not apply if there would be a systems conflict or if deemed to be against public decency.

Concerning Pictures, Images and Text

Below is the list of prohibited content for survey responses. Should the dev team deem that survey responses contain prohibited content, or if responses are unfit for development or sales of the game, content may be edited or deleted.

*For example, offending text will be replaced with asterisks (***). Offending parts of images will be edited or deleted, or in some cases the content will not be displayed in the game.

· Content that infringes upon copyrights, trademarks or other rights

· Content that engages in slander, discrimination, or violations of human rights

· Content that is contrary to public decency

· Content where religious or political activities are included

· Content containing personal information

Game development will move forward based on your responses to go out to fans all around the world. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

PC & PS4 Physical Version Disc Data

We would like to address the many inquiries concerning the physical version disc data. Development is moving forward to have all necessary data to play the game contained on the disc. Please rest assured that the disc will not be just a prompt for an internet download.

*An internet connection is a planned requirement for the purposes of game updates and reward activation.

That's the breaking news! The team would again like to thank you all for your wonderful support! See you next update!

---------- General Information ----------

Shenmue 3 Backer Survey

Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue 3 can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.

・August 13 (MON) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform

We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy
Fangamer Privacy Policy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2241883

Looks beautiful!!!
by FlagshipFighter
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic