Search found 134 matches

Return

Re: 101 PUR 100 Cédric Biscay Shenmue 3 producer

Thanks. Gosh, it sounds like the interviewers were harrassing him! I like hearing Cedric Biscay's confidence regarding the Dec 2017 release, he seems to really want to ensure that it meets that at all costs... (Which makes sense) still happy that this is real thing that's happening and not a dream! XD Even though I backed it, it feels like so long ago that I forget that it's a thing I've already paid for xD

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Shenmue: The Movie Remastered

Cool, funny thing is I always found the shenmue movie to be lacklustre with the cuts in story/detail, yet my sister and nephew loved it at the time, so it still must've retained something good (at the time I remember thinking the gameplay/pace was very important part of the experience because I like that aspect of living every waking moment of his life. And it was that that I wished the movie did better.

Which has me thinking. Instead of doing a 3-5hr epic, how about adopting an episodic format? Perhaps that would be really interest for shenmue, and gives you a more succinct experience with plenty of minutiae as well.

Plus you and/or others can work on this in bitesize chunks, and maybe releasing each episode as you develop the next. I think this has great potential to attract new fans as well imo.

by FlagshipFighter
Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things Shenmue does better than most modern games

Excellent comment on QTE, couldn't of said it better!

For me, I love the day-to-day immersion. The fact that there is an in-game clock and how everything abides by that makes the game feel phenominal unlike anything else. I wish other games would use something similar. The real-time weather and the civilans daily habits truly make the world feel real and it's something I believe no game has ever managed to quite capture the sensation of.
that is unfortunately
Sure, Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain contain an excellent level of detail. L.A. Noire is increibly captivating and contains a very authentic and detailed world (that is unfortunately somewhat ruined by he fact that you can't really do anything inside of it) and Yakuza is somewhat on a similar wavelength to Shenmue but without the same level of scope/ambition, which is fine but it often feels more 'game-like'.

Shenmue emcompasses all of the above and more. Shenmue also has many moments that shock/surprise (when stalking Yuan, breaking daily routine to rescue Nozomi) and combined with how much you can achieve, make you really want to care about the game, hence why I am NOT surprised just how many fans and love there is out there for this that is quite unlike anything else...
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza? Sleeping Dogs?

[Shenmue]-----Yakuza-----L.A. Noire-----Sleeping Dogs-----[GTA Series]

The above model is a rough idea on how I think that games outside of both open world extremes (shenmue and gta) are related.

Yakuza is very much a spiritual successor, but nothing is quite like Shenmue in every single aspect since there are so many systems that I feel are pivotal and are not implemented in the above games (e.g. in game time is a huge one which definitely impacts gameplay and heightens the sense of immersion). Heavy Rain/Fahrenheit are worth mentioning though imo they don't quite fit in the above scale.

imo how you'll end up percieving the above games will greatly depend on what aspects of shenmue were your favourite. imo Yakuza is the closed in terms of gameplay, minutae in details and story and vibe. L.A. noire is closest in terms of scale, ambition, authenticity and well as some of the mechanics. Sleeping dogs means more so to GTA for sure, but it has a few nice nods and the location makes a nice change (I enjoyed this game despite not really liking gta type games, and it's the closest to shenmue alongside l.a. noire on xbox 360 for sure.)

I only recently got into Yakuza. I played about 1/3 into the first game years ago before stopping because I didn't really enjoy it, but I recently played the 3rd game and I much enjoy that one and the similarities are there.

Just note that for all above games, your enjoyment will largely depend on accepting that each game is very much standalone and going in and throughout expecting something shenmue-esque may likely leave you dissapointed, as it has with me. Instead, just appreciate it for the things that it accomplishes on its own or that even shenmue couldn't do, and you'll leave with something worthwhile :-)
by FlagshipFighter
Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

-Bitch i went to school with. (im a guy, aged 30)

today i went into a few stores in my town and a few times (once again) i passed this proper bitch of a woman i use to go to school with.

every time i see her, she keeps fucking smirking at me.. and its really making me fucking angry.

do you guys think i should confront her and fucking yell at her? because im really tempted to. not interested about "reminiscing" old school days. just want to yell at her...let her know, i know who she is.. and tell her to give it a fucking break.
I can relate to that feeling, and then I just think...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160222/7c2e7af94053a3edcdfe612f9372cfb9.jpg
by FlagshipFighter
Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Isn't it just wonderful how we can all come together and relish in the sweet fact that shenmue 3 is happening and that the brand is relevant. Incredible, this series is so special. There's no feeling quite like it :-)
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you include in Shenmue 3 so it's more realist

Sonoshee wrote:
GYO6161 wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
  • Niao Sun with realistic breast physics.
imao ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Stretch Goal revealed! $11m - A developer from Team Ninja to work on Niao Sun's physics :P

12 million: Development on Shenmue: Xtreme Beach Vollyball!

by FlagshipFighter
Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol Has anyone seen that video of Cruz doing Simpsons impressions? He should be doing

And *sigh* the bombings that happened in a kids playground in Pakistan today, that makes that, what, 3 attacks this week? Depresses me man. Ugggh.

On lighter news, really happy to see shenmue being a part of the classic.fm hall of fame! It's such an amazing accomplishment! My sister (who listens to the radio often) just told me the news in excitement. Wish I could've listened to it live!
Also Shengoro is going to be on a podcast tonight, should be good background listening!
by FlagshipFighter
Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue soundtrack enters Hall of Fame

Seems silly to me that people will vote for Shenmue into anything. Kind of loses the integrity of the voting process if you're just going to vote with a bias and not even listen to the other representatives. But I guess that's just voting in general. I'm not going to congratulate Shenmue for winning this on sheer force of will though.
Dude there's like 300 tracks, and I'm sure you've heard of a good few there as they are very iconic. Without a doubt, shenmue's soundtrack is an outstanding and unprecedented in videogames, especially for its time and now. The fact that there are sooooooooo many well made compositions for basically ever single scenario and setting in addition to the fact that i don't think most fans (me included) have heard every single track since there are so many.

Votes like this that are done yearly speak for the era of people's interests more than anything else. People will look back and wonder with intrigue, to soon find out what an incredible, epic and immersive track it is.

I believe this is shenmue - sedge tree not only deserves every vote it got, but it will emphasis how fantastical the composition pieces were, and only serve to spread the joy that is shenmue to others. Shenmue is a world unlike anything else, and imo nothing in that game coveys and emphasised it more than the soundtrack.

I also know many people who never played shenmue but listen to and enjoy those tracks irl (although you see this on ziming's channel on YouTube too), that's gotta be worth something too...

On another note, sad to see John Williams raiders of the lost ark theme drop to 300 (the very last entry in the hall of fame.... :-( hopefully it will increase in the years to come....)
by FlagshipFighter
Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #55: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

they've also just announced the season pass! :-D !!!!!!1

I can also exclusively confirm that the vending machines and toy capsule machines link with PayPal and will now only accept real money.

OMG, i never experience such an unprecedented level of immersion before. None of this fake money anymore, it'll be just like real life!
Shenmue 3 has evolved into Shenchinko 3 for Pachinkos only, developed by Konami! YAY
It's genius imo, they're clever to adapt the IP to the current economic climate, unlike everyone else. It'll introduce a new demographic of players too! Unfortunately the media is bashing the transition, but we all know all they care about is making 'dem clickbait articles! Hoping for a Big Boss tie in!
Shenmue 3 has evolved into Shenchinko 3 for Pachinkos only, developed by Konami! YAY
I hope Yu likes his new job as a janitor/cleaner.
I'm sure he'll do just fine. he gets to go outdoors during his lunch hours, i hear he spends his time next to a tree, catching leaves...

by FlagshipFighter
Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My comic, Monsters, is finally in the beginning stages of development now that the artwork has been approved.

I've been reading tons of comics in preparation so I can give better notes to my artist in an effort to make it feel more like a conventional comic book. I've been re-reading a couple of old favorites I liked as a kid as well as familiarize myself with the classics like some of the Batman stuff (which is easily some of the best reading material in the medium).

I'm also taking cues from certain comics whose artwork I loved back in the day but am now getting familiar with the stories. Darkness is pretty well-written so far but I'm disappointed with Spawn and Witchblade, which are overwritten and under deliver. Which is a shame as I really enjoy the title characters. My biggest reads are Eastman and Laird's 80s TMNT and Walking Dead, since they're closer to what I want I accomplish and are my direct competition.
Cool, nice work! I've been finding all of your artistic endeavours (this and screenwriting) interesting. Do you by any chance have a portfolio/website/material that we can check out/buy?

So the other night, after being a fan for years upon years upon years, I finally got to go see Carrie Rodriguez live. I've mentioned her once or twice on here. One of my absolute favorite singers/songwriters/musicians, who plays a genre I'm not even usually all that into (county/folk/americana). I'm very picky about music, so when I do have a favorite artist, I'm very passionate about them and their work.
So man, what a great experience that was. I was smiling ear-to-ear through the whole show. I don't experience live music all that often as it is, but after waiting so many years to finally get a chance to hear her play, having otherwise seen so many youtube clips and whatnot of her shows, it felt almost dreamlike to actually be there.
And, being in such a small venue, she came out to meet people after the show. So I got to say hi, got her to sign something and all that. And I learned a very important lesson from that experience.
I am not cool.
Being that I'm such a fan of hers, it turned out that meeting her was, for me, a lot like how I imagine other people might react to meeting Elvis or The Beatles. I was struggling not to shake, trying to figure out some words to say that wouldn't sound idiotic. I was only half-successful. I know I said to her that I was really nervous. I can't remember exactly what else I said to her, but I know I tripped over my words. It's kind of hard to articulate to someone like that (especially when they, themselves, are very humble and down-to-earth) how much their work means to you without sounding like some kind of weirdo. I didn't freak out or anything, didn't say anything all too embarrassing, but I was certainly starstruck as hell.
She was gracious and lovely about it either way, thanked me for sticking with her music for so many years and all that, and was nice enough to take a picture with me, which I keep looking at and smiling. Regardless of how nervous I was, it was a great experience, and I'm an even bigger fan of her now for having gone through it.
But man oh man, I am nowhere near as cool and composed as I usually like to think I am. Throughout life, you always imagine how you'd act in certain situations. And in this particular one, I never imagined I'd be such a goof about it. I got out to my car and, despite being happy, was literally shaking like a skittish dog listening to bacon fry. Maybe keeping cool just comes from experience (and I have exactly zero experience meeting artists that I admire), but it's a bit of a jolt all the same when you realize that you're not exactly the Fonzie you've always fancied yourself to be.

That's really cool! I the same with bands too, and i felt a similar sensation when seeing a-ha. Thanks for sharing :-)

by FlagshipFighter
Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote:No website yet, but I plan on making one after either the comic or one of my screenplays sell. Either one seems likely to happen.

Sounds great, hoping for the best! :-)
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki interview by Shenmue Dojo & Team Yu (MAGIC 201

Not extremely happy with all answers but at least we got some answers. Great questions, I've wondered about several of those topics for a long time. Thanks!
Let me guess, it was the font response, right? XD

I did begin to appreciate what he wanted out of the new font (standalone letters) but perhaps that could be achieved by modifying the original. Does anyone think Yu would be open to checking out fans like me designing font/logo concepts?

As for loading, i hope Yu includes it where he can (E.g when first loading up the game). While i won't be upset or anything crazy like that, it is an important semantic quality that helps give context to the world. It's unlike a feeling in any other game really because you'll look at the time and if it's 6pm you'll respond to what you do / activities with that in mind.

On another note though, he better include that 7pm nightfall tune, that would be sacrilege! XD On the subject of this, I'm sure all of us are super happy to hear that he has a wealth of music at his disposable, i certainly am! :-)

I'm happy to hear how the project is going, Yu has utter discipline and conviction.
Fantastic interview! Was happy to see my scroll response being included <3
:-) it was so great of Shenmue Dojo and Team Yu to do this! It was great to read everyone's perspective and POV on how much this game means to them. It means so much to me

I am so fortunate to have played this game! When I've ever this game to others, they can't quite comprehend how unique and brilliant this is, they just imagine an old 3rd person game.

My nephew (17) basically grew up with me rambling how awesome this was and how it's tragic that we will never get a third. He never understood just by looking at the game + watching Shen1 movie how significant it was. He only ever heard the soundtrack i use to play and he liked it too (in fact, everyone i know who's ever heard shenmue soundtrack has liked it).

But then eventually (years later) he decided to see youtube playthrough around the time of kickstarter buzz and ended up watching the whole thing for 1 and 2. He completely understood the game's significance and explained how the whole thing was unlike anything else and was total bliss. He even bought a jacket with one of the wudes on the back!

It's sooo magnificent to me how a game like this can still captivate and instill a sense of wonder for a new generation many years later. And that was just watching someone else play with no narration! :-O

Pacing is important to making the world of shenmue alive and it is also why i believe many other things such as avatar: the last airbender works (and how it's adaptation to a movie could never work or have the same impact).

When on a little too long there, apologies that's shenmue for ya! XD Even more hyped after this interview and that it's still a real thing that's happening (especially when reading the unfortunate failure of the rock band campaign today, it only achieved half of its 1.5 million target in 30 days, where shenmue blasted through that in within 2 hours! Greatfull for that!)

Again, than Yu and you all for your support and efforts. Now back to getting sweaty with the game of life!
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki interview by Shenmue Dojo & Team Yu (MAGIC 201

Let me guess, it was the font response, right? XD

I did begin to appreciate what he wanted out of the new font (standalone letters) but perhaps that could be achieved by modifying the original. Does anyone think Yu would be open to checking out fans like me designing font/logo concepts?

Yeah, I am in agreement with many others in this thread. The original logo is much better and iconic. I was even hoping for a similar cover as for Shenmue 1&2 with the katakana (as in the Shenmuedojo header above) above the "proper" logo. Who cares about readability when so many game titles are not even proper words/spelling/language anyway (Adr1ft, VVVVVV, Q.U.B.E., N++, Galak-Z, Run/r, Infinite Undiscovery, etc.).

I have also vented my anger against the post-Kickstarter campaigns before. Their strange decision to not have the KS-rewards also for the slacker-backers despite the results of their polls. Much worse is the continued lack of PC-version for slacker-backers, this was imho the most important question they asked. Very grateful that this was asked.
Agreed, i mean i understand his concern and decision now and it is the smart thing to do from a design perspective. You see all sorts of companies do this all the time to improve readability (e.g. Sony with playstation 3 to PS3 font and recently Google too) but yeah i don't think his current logo is adequate atm.

I suppose he has a lot on his, he can worry about the details of these things closer to when making the marketing push.

But maybe it would be nice if for the backers that they stick with the original and to change it for retail? Same with boxart too.

And yeah the exclusion of the pc version on the slacker backer is the reason i have yet to back it for a second time :-( i bet they would see a big resurgence if they managed to add it, especially for the Chinese kickstarter.

On a more upbeat note: i really like Yu's idea of making QTE's harder for high success rate players.

by FlagshipFighter
Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hi

Beautiful story, thanks for sharing and welcome!

by FlagshipFighter
Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OMGina guys and gals, have you ever SEEN THIS??? :-O

https://youtu.be/wUaeFFkzKqs

I can't believen my eyes, this is waaaay too funny!
by FlagshipFighter
Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Spaghetti wrote:Can't believe we're only $6000 away from that $6.6 million milestone. Fingers crossed for an update after we pass it.

Cool, so what's that, around 300K raised post-Kickstarter? That's great!
by FlagshipFighter
Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ps4k and shenmue 3

With budget/time being a big concerns for shenmue i don't think we would, unless sony pony's up the extra cash or if upscaling is as easy as adjusting resolution.

It depends really on what the ps4k actually ends up being, it could just be a console that supports bluray 4k discs and vr a little better for all we know...

by FlagshipFighter
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll

Kiske, i think your logo is fantastic!

The only other thing i would guess YS.net would want is for the 'n' and 'm' to look more like normal letters for them to be legible to newcomers.

Of the two that you've worked on, I'd keep the 's' from the first one (without the circles) and the 'h' from the second one that you've cropped. And by applying a flat vector and boom YS.NET and awesome Japan have saved some precious time and dough too.

Which goes to show lol you should either be paid or aknowledged in the credits. Either way, we appreciate your work! :-)

by FlagshipFighter
Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue title change

Ryo Hazuki and the Art of Seduction

by FlagshipFighter
Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll

YES! YES! YES! Kiske, you did it!!!

That's a wrap, send it to YS.NET and hope for the best! They'll love it! :-)
by FlagshipFighter
Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #55: April Report

It's not just a case of swapping the VO, guys.

If they're making an effort at localisation that means there will be changes between the English and Japanese dub to better suit the markets. It's the same reason why the Shenmue Undub mod just has periodic silences because there's no equivalent for the English subs.

Dual VO could possibly mean full retranslation for all subs (and don't forget, the game will be in 5+ languages subtitled), to properly translate the VO.

And lets not forget guys and gals, they're planning to do lip syncing as well to some extent. I'm intimidated just thinking how much work and hours they need to do and if they are going to do it in Jap and/or ENG.
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reticence (Tears of Separation Remix)

I really enjoy your renditions, and the sheer amount of thought and talent you put into all your tracks. All of them are stunning and i always find myself listening to at least one of your tracks once a week...

Thanks for all the effort and contributions you've made over the years too, for me you were key to reminding me just how special and unlike anything else shenmue really was by putting it on the forefront of our minds. And it was always great to hear new shenmue content crafted with such skill that made listening to these classic tunes invigorating and fresh again... :-)

by FlagshipFighter
Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

The extra funding is already here: Sony will help the development (publishing, dev milestones, advertising, etc). http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-how-did-shenmue-3-raise-63-million/2300-6426535/

Yeah, that part's really cool! To elaborate I just meant it as if Sony were to provide extra EXTRA funding, perhaps so that YS.net can reach their 11 million + milestone plans...

Also, I noticed that #AskSEGA is a thing that they've been doing recently. Has anyone tweeted about S1&2 with the hashtag? They teased some suprises of dreamcast-related ports to come down the line (this is from the SEGA Europe youtube channel). Hopefully E3 will reveal more!

What do you think? This is news to me.
https://youtu.be/FdyAgPDe9rI
by FlagshipFighter
Wed May 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

P.s. Anyone interested to hear from the Splinter Cell devs talk about things like the Panama fiasco and their views on Metal Gear Solid V (whilst playing Chaos Theory Panama bank level!) should check this out, good watch imo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TMhgNi7X53c

by FlagshipFighter
Mon May 09, 2016 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #AskSEGA to #SaveShenmueHD

https://youtu.be/AZCOj24WGBM

I'm excited, really happy to hear that they are enthusiastic about making this happen! I'm sure they will persist and find a way to make it happen for us! If Capcom managed to bring Tatsunoko characters in the west anything is possible! I do wonder if though if there are complications regarding the engine license, as surely they could replace things like the Timex watches etc.
by FlagshipFighter
Wed May 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

Just imagine guys, Shenmue. 60fps. 1080p. Widescreen. Achievements. Uncompressed sound. JP/EN language. Unreleased Features/Directors cut content. A playable Saturn port. Special features...

And yes. Yes I am a masochist,.
by FlagshipFighter
Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

It's apparent to me that SEGA is ran by incompetent idiots. That couldn't cash in on something even if someone handed them the winning lottery ticket.

I expect this "investigation" to go as smoothly as Jet Set Radio Future or Skies of Arcadia.

Hahaha I was imagining Blackadder's tone reading that! XD

"Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here!"

by FlagshipFighter
Thu May 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Interview (May 9 Bessatsu Shonen Mag)

Great interview, thanks for your efforts OP!

It's funny isn't it? How Shenmue 1 and 2 had basically all the money in the world at the time but had to deal with the constraints of technical/storage limitations whereas Shenmue 3 it's effectively the opposite.

To be honest, I think some level of constraints do wonders for projects, and Yu dealt with them amazingly in the first 2 games. Remember in that documentary, how Yu drew that CPU to efficiently allocate rendering resources. Usually being in a situation that allows you unlimited resources causes issues, to which time defaults to becoming the most precious part of the equation. Obviously some games like gta, halo and naughty dog games thrive, but majority of boxed games and annual games suffer.

Yu's biggest benefits here are definitely the ease of use for engine, fast pre-production as well as the productivity tools that exist today to ensure smooth development.

Considering they had great cutscenes from the very beginning/first month is promising to me. I know Yu likes to take his time but he seems so much different today then back the dreamcast era, he seems to have a level head, clear and realistic approach to getting Shenmue 3 done, which is exactly what this project needs! #Hype!

Don't know about anyone else here but I would love to watch a Doublefine 'broken age' style documentary of Shenmue 3's development after the games release. I'm sure they'll have something akin to the kickstarter interviews...

by FlagshipFighter
Fri May 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LAST FIGHT (Steam)

Looks cool, hopefully it reaches consoles!

by FlagshipFighter
Sun May 22, 2016 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

https://www.destructoid.com/this-gabe-n ... 2838.phtml

Don't know about anyone else but seeing this video of Gabe Newell makes me glad we got a Shenmue 3 in the end...

by FlagshipFighter
Sun May 22, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #56 - May Update

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/737615829978611712

Mysterious tweet. Fans are linking this to E3, but I think it might be a meeting/progress update about the game and little else...

I don't want to put my hopes up, m'kay? :-p They'll be plenty of other games to see dammit!

Good kickstarter update though, glad they were in a position to hire someone like him, he seems really talented+a great cost-effective method compared to hiring someone like him from the start.

Come On Now... :lol:

They are going to kill us :twisted:
Hahaha they literally will if they keep doing what they're doing and end up showing us nothing by E3 :-p

by FlagshipFighter
Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Tbh Shenmue isn't at the forefront of my mind at E3 this year, probably because another game I'm anticipating in (Mirror's Edge) is coming out very soon and I at that point in the console cycle where I want to look forward to the newer IP's+new sequels unveiled at E3 this year. No matter what, last year will be the best E3 ever for me, nothing can change that, but similar to what someone else said here, I just want to enjoy watching E3 for the first time without having to wish upon a star for Shenmue news. And with that, hear your reactions/opinions, memes and everything else we love about the event.

Also, after backing a few projects prior Shenmue 3, I'm used to how the bulk of the news is direct, and how we just play the game that is 'anticipation' and look forward to its eventual arrival. I mostly look forward to progress updates, and visiting the dojo and checking up on the community. I'm indifferent to any Shenmue 3 related e3 news tbh, but not in a bad way...

I recently went to Comic-con in London, was in the queue for Tekken 7 and next to me was another avid Shenmue fan and the shortly after discussing our nostalgia, we just had to hug it, Huber-Hype style!

And BTW, I love you all! Spaghetti, keep your fingers on the pulse of our community! ;-)

by FlagshipFighter
Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue: The Movie Remastered (Fan Remake)

phpBB [video]

Congrats Mr357!!!

by FlagshipFighter
Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Heart of Gold campaign

Cool! Just pledged, unfortunately it wasn't much because I've recently made some big investments so I need to ease off spending atm but hopefully every little helps! :-)
by FlagshipFighter
Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di has sold the mirror to the Tokyo museum.

At first I was angry but then I figured it out and it's totally a-okay... Lan Di is a kickstarter backer! xD eff yeah!

by FlagshipFighter
Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

I rather have seamless transitions than long ass waiting screens.

You can update them by putting the info on the bottom right hand side or something.

Agreed 100%, I like that feeling of presence. I still remember from shenmue 1 just before Nozomi gets kidnapped it shows the loading screen of 2am or something and I was like whaaaa? Love the genuine feeling of suprise both games had like this when they disrupt the usual/daily routine/cycle.

P.S. Stalking thingy-san in Shenmue 2 and going to each of the elevators was intense too!
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #58 - Keiji Okayasu for Shenmue III

BTW I really like how in the video Okayasu-san asks us to keep our expectations high at the end. It instills a lot of confidence imo (great to see post-Mighty No. 9) and I think it's a great mantra to have and engage us with as I'm sure some of us like to keep things more 'in check' like myself.

Hopefully one day in my own level of work I can say that to my clients. Takes a lot of guts/courage to say that (and not feel the weight of pressure) and just think he said that to backers... of on of the craziest fanbases out there... arguably second to bronies!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Thanks. I think so. My next big game will be Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) a little less than two weeks from now. Hoping for a good story.
Oh, you're in for a treat! I watched my brother play it last Xmas, very pretty game! I liked the first game, but personally got a bit burned out on that type of genre atm so I still haven't gotten around it. Would rather play uncharted 4 as I enjoy the story/vibes more (although, I don't really enjoy much of the gameplay in 1-3) but I still don't have a ps4 yet. Playing yakuza 4 though atm and loving that, recently finished 3 and over the course of the game loved it! Was really happy about this as I couldn't get into the first one. I have 3, 4 and 5 and if I finish them by the end of the year I may pick up a ps4 sooner (before shenmue 3) for yakuza 0 launch or yakuza 6 (if it comes out). Hopefully we hear more at PSX w/ shenmue!

Message from all: is any of the yakuza spinoffs worth playing? Im new to this series and don't know much about it, but I have seen a zombies one in a store recently... thx!
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

^Guys I'm too frail, I don't think my mind or body is ready for any of this kinda news, it's making me shiver just thinking about it xD

I would take this to answer the above:

100% this is the real Shenmue. Yu Suzuki said that "the full on Shenmue experience we have been waiting for."

He wasn't lying.

is any of the yakuza spinoffs worth playing? Im new to this series and don't know much about it, but I have seen a zombies one in a store recently... thx!

It really depends on your tastes. If a third-person shooter with zombies is the kind of game that would normally appeal to you, then throwing in the Yakuza characters and sense of humor will only make it more enjoyable. But if all you're playing it for is the Yakuza-ness, then you might struggle to stick with it. Bit of a sliding scale really, but if you can get it cheaply then I'd say it's at least worth a try.

Thanks, I bought it and uhh, the controls are pretty funky aren't they? XD not in a bad way necessarily, it's endearing, reminding me of the simpler times in the DC/PS2 era.

I recently wrapped up Yakuza 3 after leaving it for the past few months, it was good but holy smokes I just finished Yakuza 4 and I loved loved LOVED it! The series has (finally) clicked with me!

Currently in the beginning of Yakuza 5 now and gameplay wise it's only going up, up and up. Love how the environment/roads now seems 'to scale' and the camera/fov is more shenmue-esque. The driving is cool too.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for telling me to persist with the series, I think it's my new favourite thing. I just love roaming. I bought these games used from stores/psn because I got into these series late but you can be sure I'll be there to preorder/buy Yakuza 0/6 and buy a PS4 earlier than expected, by far my favourite Sony exclusive game.
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Yokosuka wrote:Arilan's metal cover remix of the Shenmue main theme

phpBB [video]

:-O

Oh my words, holy-freaking smokes... that cover left me speechless. What a masterpiece of work right there, thank you for sharing that!
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flagship's Shenmue Design Projects

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since my last update here, sorry about that! I've used this machine for a few work related and some quality of life projects but little else.

I've worked a little bit at some points earlier but didn't get to follow through... until yesterday during my playthrough of Yakuza 5 where I found myself bursting with joy with the games hilarious sidequests and engrossing pace that I had to make time to dedicate something cool towards my (now) two favourite game franchises.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161109/e845119fcc3d38dd5dcf5bcb73158a0a.jpg

And here we are, the dragon of dojima's tattoo and the 4 wude laser engraved (quite deep may I say) burned on wood. It took some time, I'm pleased with the results but deciding atm whether to use wood stain or varnish for full effect. Or might leave this as is atm and work on more pressing matters... for now xD.

Interested to hear your thoughts, excited for what may or may not await us at PSX!!! :-)
by FlagshipFighter
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flagship's Shenmue Design Projects

Hi everyone!

With my product des. degree (finally) coming to a conclusion I invested in a 3d printer, engraver, scanner and drawing tool to learn how to keep up my interests and learn some new skills. I have a background in product, but I've never been familiar with working this sort of machine. And now that I own one, I'm keen on making it a hobby to produce some really cool pieces.

And what better place to start than Shenmue! I've just been running some quick tests by modifying images on google, but I hope to actually produce something bespoke whilst pertaining to Shenmue.

I started out with the Mirror to be drawn on sketch paper:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160814/17c7d75a863d85691637cd89e60bd101.jpg http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160814/dd8d7dfc32d38999790a04f3d2f70b02.jpg http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160814/667ea4755e348fd4eb67056620ecf59a.jpg

I was impressed with the output of this piece. I wanted the effect of natural ink strokes here. The machine took like an hour to do this though :/. I think next time I'll try engraving on cork...

Atm I'm in the process of benchmarking this machine in order to spot any defects as it's warranty period is short.

This piece may be unimpressive as you could just 2D print this, but I imagine it would look cool on a different material.

(BTW I think it's worth mentioning because I saw another 3D printing guy get flack for this on another thread, I do not intend to profit or sell this stuff, this is purely a pursuit of craft and passion for myself in my own time. I take the handling of other companies IP's seriously and wouldn't want to infringe. I do however intend to send some of the more 'creative' stuff to several of my favourite Dojo members as gifts for being awesome and an amazing source for this community over the years.)

Tl;dr Very excited to try out some more stuff and add to this thread! Share your thoughts! :)
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flagship's Shenmue Design Projects

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/45255c4376ac96138c9562f0b1079f0d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/af52ab44207ac97ec566567c5181e285.jpg

Just a quick update: this was done a little while back but here are a couple looking more pieces done, using a the same technique as the prior two above.

Both these vectors are tracings and stylistic interpretations I've done based on reference images on shenmue/yakuza images on google (which I'll add citations once I have computer access), in order for the machine to effectively transcribe and engrave at a highest quality.

The shenmue one especially took around 16hrs to do! The room stank so hard of burning basal wood (think matchsticks) at one point my mother came over, walked inside and exclaimed "are you taking drugs?" xD priceless

Unfortunately one of the shenmue projects I was working got deleted. It was my most ambitious one yet and was a little disheartening to lose those 2ish hours of progress :(. But I've learned a long time ago that one shouldn't be put off by these setbacks and rather tackle the task again and with better knowledge + efficiency.

P.s. just finished watching the 3rd one of Peter's dojo streams. This has been my new favourite thing to look forward to in the week and a true reward for the middle of the week. I want to take this moment thank Peter for being an amazing host and the community in chat, it's been the biggest step for the dojo community since tapatalk integration imo xD thank you all and hope you all end 2016 on the highest note whilst it's still around!

Take care, love and respect!
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN: CHRISTMAS EVENT

Hi ShenSun!

I just had the opportunity to play your game today in between some of the 3D modelling/printing projects I had going on throughout the day and all I can say is... WOW!

I feel like you captured the vibe and atmos of shenmue incredibly well, and I like the sense of community happening between the characters, it was very fun to see and participate (as myself!) in. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and the experience felt very immersive.

As anonymous81 above me says, a lot of moments were incredibly funny and entertaining, and I found myself laughing out loud throughout.

(Perhaps because I had to pause at some moments during gameplay) but I wanted to acknowledge that the lapse of time felt incredible and it genuinely gave me the sense that I went through a whole day in Shenmue-land.

Love how Chai was scrooge, thought that was really cool. Also enjoyed that beautiful moment during the dream sequence, and I almost choked on my drink when I saw the likes of Goro and Kazuma and all the one-liners! And I love how you fleshed out characters like santa

It's very nicely put together with so much love and care, it left me with a smile throughout and after. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together, I didn't really have many breaks this holiday (and I wasn't in the mood to play anything on my console either) so having this bitesize yet big-on-heart experience has left me with something very memorable and positive for my holidays.

Thanks again, I look forward to all that's yet to come from you and the community. Love and respect, keep friends with those you close to you x
by FlagshipFighter
Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic