Search found more than 1658 matches

Return

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Are people genuinely expecting something from anyone? Take a look at the games, their grandeur, their development studio, their costs. After presenting their games today, could you really see a Shenmue related game/announcement being made? Seriously?

It's been repeatedly said Suzuki barely has a team big enough to develop a mobile game, never mind a game that could stand side by side with any of the games on display today. You are on glue if you are watching any of the presentations with excitement of seeing a Shenmue trailer.

How so? Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are always talking about innovative gaming. Microsoft's showing today was demonstrative of just how bland gaming has become and I refuse to believe that there are not more people like myself who are beginning to feel disenfranchised with the industry.

I'm yet to buy a 'next-gen' console and wont until I see a game that warrants me purchasing one. I don't think there's been a game released since Shenmue that can come close in terms of depth and ambition - so why wouldn't one of the big three look to bring Shenmue (or something like it) to their console as an exclusive? There's already a fanbase and I dare say a large amount of people waiting for Shenmue or a game like it. Exclusivity could shift a lot of consoles.
by tomboz
Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah it's easy for the doubters because we've got no concrete evidence and it's somehow cool to be stoic and deny dreams. But the second an announcement is made all the skeptics will be shouting "Shaaaamuuuuu treeeeeee" like the rest of us. We just have to be there with a big piece of humble pie to shove down their throats like we've ate at every major video game convention for the past 10 years. Just let us be hopeful. We're adults, we can take the disappointment.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's a time traveler

Sonikku wrote: Why of course Ryo is a time traveler. How the heck do you think he got a Sega Saturn in 1986? :lol:

Uhm, well, yeah... good point.
by CodingGenesis
Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's a time traveler

Why of course Ryo is a time traveler. How the heck do you think he got a Sega Saturn in 1986? :lol:
by Sonikku
Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Xbox want us to vote on what we want to see next. Shenmue 3 has been mentioned and available to vote for. I've done it already and it has quite a high vote count so far at 487 but we need it higher. hope this link works http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements

At least its something eh? Seeing as its beating the Halo Wars 2 vote count (which it wasn't earlier), its gotta be a good thing right?
by Quiksylver
Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Blood levels completely back to normal. Let's hope it stays that way, and let's hope that im not in that 25% that relapse.

Thanks again for everyone's support. It definitely helped me out big time during this unfortunate period. More testing will be done over the following months. They'll probably keep an eye on me for the next few years. At least now, I can move on with my life.

The next step is to slowly regain my strength. I haven't done any serious weights for well over a month. Doctor's orders are that I gotta take it easy so that I don't over stress my body or the wound. I'll take it one step at a time.

Thanks again dojo.

:)
by ShenSun
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see no point in half of this thread, with the same stock behaviors.

Welcome to the Shenmue Dojo. We are all Shenmue fans, and discussion is undoubtedly going to happen concerning Shenmue III. We all want it, even if there is a slim chance of it ever happening. So excuse the people who get excited over stuff that is said by X executive and X game company, because honestly, nobody truly knows what goes on behind closed doors except for the execs themselves. Note: this applies to anyone who has been a member of the Shenmue Dojo Community since before 2005 (!). Whoever the guy was that said it has become the cool thing to be negative and down on anyone with hope is spot on.

That being said, it is entirely ridiculous on "people who haven't given up" side to be nasty or rotten to users on here or people over a game. We get it, Shenmue is awesome, but at the end of the day, we would still be alive without it.

Can't everyone just be decent?
by Supa
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue is dead, guys.

Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him... I mean it... I mean...

But seriously I'm sorry we're souring the dojo for you. It's just that hope is all that some of us have left for Shenmue. It's hard to give up hope for something you care so much about. It's not like we obsess about shenmue every day all year. It's just a hobby. When I leave the dojo I think about shenmue from time to time but for the most part I'm spending time with my wife and baby girl or at work or serving at my church. Shenmue is just an escape. If shenmue is never finished I'll still die a happy man having lived a blessed life. Not trying to get all spiritual or anything. But please stay if you can bear us. We need some voice of reason when we can't see straight through our blind optimism.
by elfshadowreaper
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most likely my last comment for this thread.........

but as I said before the most exciting revelation so far for me has been Yu admiting that he's 'working on something' but can't disclose what.......... [-o<
by spinksy
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah...i bought a ps3 for yakuza 3 but it ain't no Shenmue!you just walk around and trigger cut scenes.Actually shenmue kinda ruined us for games.We got to play somthing that had never been done before.On a grand scale with unmatched graphics.I loved it just for the possibilities.One of a kind...the biggest risk only Sega would take....we'll probably never see the likes of it again.Oculus rift is intriuging though.
by badamn
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki at Gamelab 2014 (Information & Multimedia)

He just needs Sony to be the publisher at this point and we can get this shit started. I got 5 G's for Shenmue 3 sitting on deck ready to go for him when people at Sega or Sony get off their collective asses.
by Axm
Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crazy Taxi Movie is trying to get made

Are you ready to make some CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY money???

by Rakim
Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 rumor with david deville

Hi guys.

I am the person who has done the interview.

Just one thing :

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.gameit.es/david-deville-asegura-que-yu-suzuki-le-ha-mostrado-material-de-shenmue-3-y-que-habra-noticias-pronto-rumor/&usg=ALkJrhjQjRqTLcDSMpLORbl9O_4CWHehDA

I said that Yu Suzuki showed me artworks of characters that you will meet while playing shenmue III but never said that it would be released anytime soon or that its even planned at all. Title is misleading and quite wrong. If someone know the admin, it would be nice to change it.

I am a bit busy right now but please wait, i will definetly get back to you.

Best regards,

David
by DEVILLE_David
Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 I want to share this map I made

I hate to be bumping, but did you guys know that "Wise Men's Qr." in Chinese actually means "too old street"? lol

lol I did not personally, are you chinese ?

Reminds me when I learnt recently the meaning of Lishao Tao by discussing with the shaolin master. Even Xuiying surname has been made to troll people.
by Yokosuka
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Initial dislike of Shenmue?

first time i played shenmue, i also found the controls very hard & stiff (unlike any other game i had played). i remember playing for 10 mins and then deciding to take a break & turned the console off.

funny because now, i would say the controls are what makes shenmue, so good. you dont want fluid, easy controls - you want to force ryo around the game. (i would say sleeping dogs is a good example, as the main character has no "weight")
by redline
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 E3 2015 NOW OR NEVER

Nah... 3.3.2033 would be the perfect date. Here, this pic say so. :devillaugh:

http://i.imgur.com/O9a4uuE.jpg

Seriously speaking:
instead of infinitely hoping and being dissapointed every time, get actively pushing/campaigning: TeamYu.net (#SaveShenmue) , if you want some real progress to be made. - Shenmue fans doing it every 3rd of the month on Twitter.

It's the campaign that put Shenmue into the ears of Sony PlayStation ( "Sony Wants To Bring Shenmue To PlayStation" ), to consider Shenmue HD ports or remasters for their console.

It's a shame gaming websites choose to cover a hoax (because this is a hoax , not a rumour), instead of something that actually brings (and can bring more) good results, that is the #SaveShenmue campaign. [They can't resist the idea that click-bait would bring site traffic and ad revenue...]
by Giorgio
Thu May 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Top 10 Original Xbox Games

Hey all,

Here are my top 10 original Xbox games.

I'm sure you can guess what my #1 is :)

What are your favorite games?

Enjoy!
phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Thu May 21, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My Top 10 Original Xbox Games

Fable was good. It gets more shit than it deserves (absent features are not generally a good reason to trash something), but it didn't really leave much of a mark on me. Still fun anyway. I'd like to play the recent remaster eventually.
by OL
Thu May 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Just woke up to this. Was out of town and hadn't been on the internet. "Every Dream has come true."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HXJTWEEi6BM?rel=0
by Reclaimer
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That guy seems like an utter bellend.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IM SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS GAME.
by shengoro86
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just managed to get my first proper look at the kickstarter page - I have a tear in my eye. Now just need to convince my other half that it will be a good idea to pledge some money.

My conversation with my wife went something like:

Me: "I know money is tight, but there's a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3. I've waited almost 15 years for this, and..."
Her: "It's Shenmue 3, I understand."
Me: "Uh, I'm leaning toward the $300 or $500. Probably $500, because..."
Her: "It's Shenmue 3. I understand. Really."

I couldn't convince her of the $10,000 dinner with Yu Suzuki, but, you know, can't win 'em all! \:D/
by ShinChuck
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't wait to see all the characters in next gen graphics!

But the question is.....will Shenmue 3 finish the story, or will we have to hope it makes enough money to get funding for for Shenmue 4?

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/games/s3preview.html

Q: Budget and money are the main problems... If you ever reach your goal and gather enough money to create Shenmue III, do you think that you will be able to conclude the story? Knowing that Shenmue's story is very deep and seems to be far away from its conclusion.

Yu Suzuki : Yes indeed, the story is far away from being completed and to be honest, I do not think that it's possible to end it during Shenmue III. If I had to do it my way, players would experience the ending during Shenmue V. But that seems to be a lot so I'm going to try to finish it within the next 2 games.
by Ziming
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just watched Sony livechat with Yu and Gio.

Finally a direct comment from a sony official. Gio said that Sony is absolutely a partner in Shenmue 3 and they're committed to working with YS net to get the game done. He basically confirmed the theory that they had to prove some level of fan demand and kickstarter proved to be the best way to do this.

The fact that Sony is directly partnering makes me SO much more optimistic that we're getting a true Shenmue-scale sequel and not a limited/buggy/ugly indie release.

(not that indie games can't be amazing, but Yu doesnt exactly have much track record in his post-shenmue career)
by Xandui
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

I disagree with any notion that you don't have to play Shenmue 1 or Shenmue 2 to appreciate Shenmue 3.

Shenmue 1 was nothing short of a masterpiece.
by harris_t
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I asked my mom for permission.. but she said no.

I stole her credit-card though so we're a-ok.
by Thief
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

also sad to see the ticker is going slow now. I fear maybe because sony(which is good news) are now involved and the kickstarter site and video look pretty terrible. hope they change this soon
Well I'm guessing people with wives have a common family budget so they consult their partner before making big expenditures. As for people who ask their girlfriends for permission they're just really submissive.
by south carmain
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

Talking to your spouse is Relationship 101
by Locke_cole
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really happy we got confirmation of Sony involment, this brings a lot security to the project plus all the perks of having them backing you. Now, if only they could make the HD collection a reality...
by shenhua legend
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want 1 and 2 to be remade so I can import like 50 bags of potato chips, 100 light bulbs, and 20 copies of Flower Girl on cassette into Shenmue III.
by Taren Fox
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sounds like sony will be helping out & adding some cash to the project -

phpBB [video]
by redline
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

I'm still a bit... leery. The thought that it'll be a full open world is pretty incredible (although I did like the focused levels of the original), and they seem to have retained a good aural likeness to the original (the soundtrack and atmospheric noise was very important to establishing its overall vibe). So that's all great.
But is it just me, or does it all feel a little too... high-tech?
Like it almost feels closer to Remember Me than it does to the original Mirror's Edge. I dunno, I personally felt part of the charm of the original was the low-tech atmosphere of it; it felt closer to modern day (or hell, maybe even the 90s ) in terms of how advanced the city felt. It was all very basic; the cops might have SWAT gear and H&K's, maybe a helicopter here and there, but it didn't feel like sci-fi at all . Aside from the city's primary-colored appearance, it felt surprisingly grounded, which was very important.
Maybe it's just the trailer, but this one practically looks sci-fi all the way.
Not that that's something terrible. It looks pretty cool, whatever the case.
I was just really hoping that they'd be striving to preserve the original's basic groove as much as possible. Some of it is there, but certainly not all of it.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll learn to get past it and just enjoy the game as its own entity. It's only due to bias that I have any problems with it. If I'd never played the original, I'd be hyped for this.
So y'know, I'll still play the hell out of it, probably enjoy myself immensely.
Gonna hit right before my birthday too, so that'll be nice.
by OL
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the bad guy in this based on anyone?

by Riku Rose
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just played the pre-alpha today.

It plays just like the original but with some obvious tweaks. Like for instance, Faith can quickly climb on pipes now and the rolling feels like it has more impact when you jump from a high area.

I played it in two parts, the "story" mode and the open ended world. The story seems like it'll be much better than the original, but on its own still feels a bit flat. This time they touted a larger open ended world, and from what I played in the second part...it definitely doesn't feel linear. It's not open ended like GTA, it's more like the first Assassin's Creed where you run around marking your destination on a map and choose your quests.

I wanna play it again tomorrow just to be sure, but the combat feels...off. It feels easier to execute moves this time around, and the fighting is more intricate as well, but the fluidity from the original is lost. It felt like a ballet of moves stringing together as you keep pressing the trigger whereas here it's just...two presses and she basically does the rest. There's a cool option to land on your opponent and knock them out instantly if they're low tier enemies.

Overall, very much looking forward to the final game. It comes out Feb. 23rd 2016.
by Kenny
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

As much as I hate parting with money, I will be giving my download code away to any friends that genuinely want to try the game and will be repurchasing it on the PSN (and Steam for that matter) to turn one purchase into three, imagine if every backer jumped on this trend. The overall sales figures would be 3 times as much (or double whatever way you look at it).

Like many have mentioned on here in the past.. for the original shenmue's to break even we each would have had to buy 2 copies.. well now's our chance. Buy it on as many platforms as possible ensuring a bright future for our beloved franchise.

\:D/
by JonDi
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Not much of a risk. Its from Yu himself and backef by Sony. We've already raised almost 3 million in 24 hours. The game will be made.

I pledged $300. Its the Best i could do.
by Kenshin
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

130 euros from me...damn Greek crisis...i wish i could give more but my monthly salary is 300 euros and my rent is 180...
by alexironaek
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just upped my pledge from $175 to $250

The currency conversion into UK pounds was better than I thought and I wanted the extra stuff :roll: :D :D
by spinksy
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pledged 300$. Would have done more if I could have. If I had the money, I would have gone for the dinner with YS. :D
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Proud backer :D $300 currently, moving up to $500 come pay day. Will definitely be pledging more by the time the event is up lol.
by LikeZoinksYo
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega's Involvement with Shenmue 3

I see it more along the lines of...

Suzuki: "I wanted to use the Shenmue license again to..."
SEGA: "Yeah, sure, whatever, do what you want with it."
Suzuki: "Okay, great, what we're gonna do is..."
SEGA: "Get out of my office."
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:44 am