Search found 372 matches

Return

'I've been kidnapped!'-- cops find 3 women missing for years

Damn but good for a happy ending seeing as they have been believed dead for so long.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEbYVCH4-4

This guy is brilliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7d7PKIexlI

http://i.imgur.com/A9bRbdv.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lVEhRB9.gif
http://i.imgur.com/N9hftr4.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5xjsalE.gif
http://i.imgur.com/zx3Xsle.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ap0oVYE.gif
by Who Really Cares?
Tue May 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Universal video bbcode phpBB [video]

How about we update our current video bbcode? There is a newer version of bbcode which would allow us to view videos from other popular video sites. I would personally like the option to view YouTube playlists here, because all our Shenmue music and videos are organized using playlists from our YT channel.

http://phpbbex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29

Supported video services

Currently the following video services are supported:

youtube.com (youtu.be) - playlists are also supported
vimeo.com
vk.com (vkontakte.ru) — the URL from the embed code is required
facebook.com
dailymotion.com
metacafe.com
video.google.com
video.yandex.ru — the URL from the embed code is required
myvideo.de
own3d.tv
clipfish.de
veevr.com
rutube.ru — it is recommended to use the URL from the embed code
video.mail.ru
smotri.com
video.qip.ru
video.bigmir.net
tvigle.ru — the URL from the embed code is required
video.online.ua
video.sibnet.ru
yapfiles.ru
megogo.net
intv.ru
lovi.tv
WebM, OGV and MP4 files via HTML5 <video> tag
by Ziming
Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I just checked on the site and you need to be in the "member" class to create new threads. I'm still a "junior member" so I'll need to make 30 something more posts before I rank up. I guess I could muster up some Neogaf activity for the sake of Shenmue.
by Rakim
Sun May 12, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I just checked on the site and you need to be in the "member" class to create new threads. I'm still a "junior member" so I'll need to make 30 something more posts before I rank up.
Starting to sound like Scientology. After you rank up to "member" class you'll probably have to make a £5000 donation to unlock the level of enlightenment required to initiate conversation.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun May 12, 2013 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project: Sekai

looking forward to this, best of luck.
by south carmain
Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News Thread

Mass Effect got re-released on PC/360/PS3 with more content and did the same numbers. Those games weren't going to do big numbers on any console since they've been released already. Amazon and NewEgg were desperately trying to clear out copies of ME:Trilogy last month.

I agree that Shenmue HD should come out on everything but I'm pretty sure it would do fairly well on WiiU.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know we have some coders on here, and I know we have some Brits on here. But I don't know how many British coders we have, who also happen to be undergraduate students.

If you fall into that category, then you might be interested in this upcoming workshop with the devs at Sumo Digital:

http://www.steelminions.com/gamesbritannia/?q=node/5

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/17/more-sega-game-gear-titles-coming-to-virtual-console/

Some new Game Gear games coming to 3DS.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

I was surprised by how different the Game Gear version of this was. For such a simple type of game, you'd expect the 8- and 16-bit releases to be the same bar the graphics. But its modes of play actually make the Game Gear version well worth owning even if you have the Genesis/Mega Drive version.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri May 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

Hey,

He got back to me today and said that he'll try to answer everything over the weekend. I know it's taking a while, but obviously I don't want to push him.

Adam.
by Screenwriter_Adam
Fri May 17, 2013 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

Theres no rush Adam. We are all very grateful for this opportunity. Thank you again for taking the time and effort to arrange this.
by Peter
Fri May 17, 2013 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Notification Sounds

phpBB [video]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?9qmuujmty9b4rm6
by Ziming
Sat May 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the paranormal/surreal thread

There's a rational explanation for everything. Having said that, I reckon I'm the wrong type of person to get involved in this topic, so from here on out I'll kindly STFU n GTFO.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Looks like the market wasn't too impressed:

Sony's chart, on the other hand is interesting, particularly at the 1pm time:

by Mitsuzuki
Tue May 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And this is the part where the internet backtracks on all their criticisms towards modders, hackers, pirates and ask them to save the day. Which they will. And then they'll try coming up with a new way of stopping them. And then they'll fail.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue May 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It also means that we won't be able to sell off our used games we don't want, since almost nobody will want to pay a fee and a game...

And that in ten years time, the games won't work anymore since the servers will die, rendering the games essentially defunct, so if you had anything in your backlog, you won't be able to play 'em.
by Henry Spencer
Tue May 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@WRC: Yes, but if you buy the games AFTER the server is closed (after the lifespan of the Xbox One is over; when they stop all support), you cannot "activate" the game to make it work. Or you leave the game in your backlog and never "activate" it? You're buggered.
by Henry Spencer
Tue May 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This shit is worse than that time Nintendo called its last system the Wii.

Well, except for the time MS called their new system XBOX One. What'll be the next one? XBOX First? XBOX I? XBOX Uno? XBOX Original? I don't mind them keeping the XBOX name, but a smart way to do it is to call it (for examples sakes) XBOX: Durango or even XBOX 720. XBOX One? Really?

Of course this is the least of this thing's worries. Wii-U by comparison looks more appealing.
by Kenny
Tue May 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: POLL:Next Gen(pre E3 can change it to post E3 later)

Where is the Dreamcast option?
by Yama
Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't really take that post seriously, WRC.

Also, maybe Microsoft shouldn't charge thousands of dollars to patch a game, and then there wouldn't be so many god damn bugs, hmm?

The fee is too high but Sony has/had it as well.

Phil Harrison mentioned it in an interview cause Indie devs are upset that the indie section is being removed but he simply said indie devs can still self publish those games only now instead of a Games, XBLA and Indie section they simply have a Games tab.[but he has gotten a few things wrong so that may be one of them]

MS gave an indie section and no one gave a shit about most of the games. Why? Sadly because most are angry bird rip offs or lame avatar games.
So yeah indie devs moaned the indie section was hidden[its not] on XBox 360 and now they are moaning MS are not signalling them out as Indie but simply as games.

But again its another a mountain out of a molehill by people when MS have not even officially announced anything in this regard. The guy interviewed even said they would continue to work with devs and look at other models.

No WRC you're wholly wrong and Microsoft shouldn't be defended at all in this case. You have no idea whats going on and you keep trying to shit on indies because you don't seem to understand exactly what an indie game is.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thats some fucked shit man
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri May 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So in Japan its being abriviated as X1 or batsu-ichi which is slang for someone who got divorced and kinda means failure.
Ya I dont think its gonna sell well in Japan. They should just skip that whole market there.
by Axm
Fri May 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the studio that bought us 2 Dead Island games bring us a totally new IP for current and next gen consoles...

Dying Light - an open world first-person survival horror game with Zombies :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-23-dead-island-dev-unveils-open-world-first-person-survival-horror-game-dying-light-for-current-gen-next-gen-and-pc
Techland boss Paweł Marchewka said: "The next-gen technology allows us to create a truly dynamic open world that features a game-changing day-night cycle.
Hmm. So it allows them to create something that existed on the Dreamcast nearly 15 years ago. Progress~!
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If nothing's been finalized and confirmed, then that's all the more reason to kick up a stink now, as it could influence Microsoft's final decision on all of these things. How awful would it be if Microsoft were waiting to see how people would react to these ideas, and everyone kept quiet because it wasn't official yet, leading MS to interpret their restraint as validation to go ahead and do their worst? So nothing's confirmed? Good, then kick and scream now so you won't have to later.

Edit: Basically what Sonikku said while I was typing.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat May 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: now that is sad. If you don't want people to post a negative/thumb down then don't upload the video.
by Who Really Cares?
Sat May 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Achievement Unlocked: Watched Television

I'll say this, while seemingly more accepting of it all, I highly doubt WRC would support most if not all of this if it actually comes to fruition. He's simply waiting for it to happen (or not) before jumping on what could very well be changed, dropped or entirely untrue come November. It's the same reason I'd like to wait until E-3 to see the games. I think we all agree their stance is putrid and I far from support it, but waiting for facts is something else entirely.
by Yama
Sat May 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol this thread has been going nowhere for pages now. Why bother anymore. Ive read what ive read and can understand it well enough to know whats going on. I dont need to convince anyone of whats already been said. I guess when E3 or launch time comes around we will see where the cards fall or have already fallen. They have alot of time to back track and play that game with us so we truely will see.
And WRC, I dont intend to treat Sony like gods, only as a company thats deserving of what they get. Because they've already said the dont want to restrict used games as a first party, leaving it to 3rd party publishers if they so choose and feel its anti-consumer I can take it that their stance has been finalized and they will hopefully lead by example come next gen. If not and they back peddle on what they've said I will give them just as much shit as ive given MS. Trust me, ive been calling it on them for years. Id hate it if they did it too.
by Axm
Sat May 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Remember the Dreamcast zip drive? :lol:
by Yama
Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Ryudo wrote: Image

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Achievement Unlocked: Watched Television

I'll say this, while seemingly more accepting of it all, I highly doubt WRC would support most if not all of this if it actually comes to fruition. He's simply waiting for it to happen (or not) before jumping on what could very well be changed, dropped or entirely untrue come November. It's the same reason I'd like to wait until E-3 to see the games. I think we all agree their stance is putrid and I far from support it, but waiting for facts is something else entirely.

While I understand your point, I don't think that voicing concern over the plausible or possible policies is a bad thing. If Microsoft are planning on doing what everyone fears, people not saying anything just gives them more reason to go ahead and do it and if they're not, they can get affirmation that they are indeed doing the correct thing. Either way, it's good to be negative, in this case at least.
I fully agree with this and it's similar to what Let's Get Sweaty said in one of these threads. I too have voiced my opinion and the general consensus is painfully obvious now, I'm sure it's all been noted. If their apparent practice does hold up, the best voice is to not aid sales. Simple as that.

I was simply pointing out that in WRC's case alone, supporting and waiting for concrete information are two entirely different things.
by Yama
Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems legit.
No not really, looks like its neo gaf made.
by Axm
Sat May 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even though that article writer was out for blood, tbh he presented a good case for why we should be critical in listening to Major Nelson rather than MS own higher ups who have been clairifying things left and right how the games are being controlled by DRM that enables more control and profit for MS rather than retailers and consumers in a free market.
In the end, now because of Major Nelson everyone is waiting to see a unanimous confirmation.
This is a PR disaster.
They need to either back track completely at E3 or man up with full details in a video power point showing the exact specifics.
by Axm
Sat May 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for your Favourite SEGA All-Stars!

^It doesn't matter. Both NiGHTS and Lan Di are being taken under consideration.
by Ziming
Mon May 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project: Sekai

@ raymonf - I'll have to go back and have a look, I think there was some specific Shenmue model ripper. Anyway, I think I may try alternatives such as taking screenshots where there are no NPCs and then just overlaying it onto the image.

3D Ripper DX?
It works just fine for me, I can rip models for you if you need.
by raymonf
Sun May 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

--
by ShenGCH
Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his facebook

8-[ Start speculating!!!

https://www.facebook.com/corey.marshall.906

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969386_10201254165499086_1761544228_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/942155_10201254137698391_831645463_n.jpg
by 2ndOpp
Mon May 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Support Shenmue in a big German poll

The pretty big German print videogame magazine M! Maniac is having a voting competition for the best videogame of all time on their website. It's not some fan project, it's a poll of one of the leading German magazines for videogames and I'm not affiliated with it. I registered here a long time ago. You can check that, if you think I'm a spammer :)
The competition uses some sort of playoff system, where two games compete over 24 hours to advance to the next round. In the first round Shenmue has to receive more votes than Assassin's Creed II, so the competition is pretty stiff. The voting started two hours ago, so you have 22 more hours to vote for Shenmue and bring it one step closer to victory and a proof of demand for the game by fans in Germany. If you want to support Shenmue here is the link: http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bundesspielewahl-2013-vorrunde-match-28-shenmue-vs-assassins-creed-ii . If there are people interested in the competition here, I would also inform you, if Shenmue makes it to the second round and needs votes again :)
lg Sakaro
by Sakaro
Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally, yea buying a liscense, yadda yadda, I get it we don't own it but theres ways around that. Like DRM free software. Sure I bought a liscense for gabriel knight, I do whatever the fuck I want with it. I can go into the game and switch all of tim curry's dialogue to clips of him saying "MENTAL MINDFUCK" or that shitty song from that witch movie. I can change gabriels sprite to a badly drawn version of frankenfutur, I can take the game, burn it to a disc, cum on it, throw it out a window, and then just burn another one because while I don't own the "Game" ie I can't sell it, or use the characters or programming to make money, I still have freedom of how and when I want to use the product.

Right, but that's beside the whole point. The real issue is paying twice or full price, or not even being able to just sell or giveaway the game yourself after you're done with it.

People are always going to do fan mods without much (if at all) intervention from its creators, but there are way more pressing matters at hand. That's why I was puzzled at Cliff's tweet, I was like "yeah, true...and?" I think its just distracting from the real concerns.
by Kenny
Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54820/why-is-xbox- ... -explains/

Microsoft's Jeff Henshaw explains the name, more BS than the 360 inhale crap.
by Who Really Cares?
Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thing is, he's kind of the high end of making games.

See this is the main issue with this, all of his posts and tweets and stuff. The guy has more then one Ferrari. Soooo yea this whole "Oh, I am teh sad, pulishers need teh munnies from teh used gamez, and piracy is teh worstest evil" is all bullshit. He's basically saying "We gotta gits moar munnies" while he's already sitting on a ton of it.

You won't hear Cactus from Dennaton saying that, actually he's helped people who pirated his game. You also won't see people from Klei, Falcom, Xseed or most smaller studios complaining. Used games obviously have an effect on the product, but its on par with piracy and is pretty negligible, actually both can offer up way more positives.

Falcom for example, was extremely happy with the sales of used games. Because people bought used copies of Trails in the Sky it was able to reach more people and each installation sold more then the last. This caused people to buy the digital versions and special editions and even QUADRUPLE dip for the PS3 re-releases. That basically hits every point, release a retail product in a limited quantity, offer a digital version that is transferrable on multiple platforms (including drm free version) release a physical package worth keeping and finally release a 2nd drm free copy to a home console.

You really don't need invasive EULAs that are written in a specific jargon and are purposely worded to make people just hit "next" yea its dumb people do it, but well thats half the point here, no single person wants to rock the boat even though in reality we all can because this has never actually been tested.

Cliffy B is basically not the guy to listen to when it comes to budgets or money because he's rich, he's a rich guy telling you he's losing money, boo fucking hoo. He's not actually hurting from not getting that money, he doesn't know what it IS to be hurting financially. If small companies like Level 5, Falcom, Bohemia and CD Red Projekt aren't complaining and they're working on the same level then Epic is doing something wrong.

Finally, yea buying a liscense, yadda yadda, I get it we don't own it but theres ways around that. Like DRM free software. Sure I bought a liscense for gabriel knight, I do whatever the fuck I want with it. I can go into the game and switch all of tim curry's dialogue to clips of him saying "MENTAL MINDFUCK" or that shitty song from that witch movie. I can change gabriels sprite to a badly drawn version of frankenfutur, I can take the game, burn it to a disc, cum on it, throw it out a window, and then just burn another one because while I don't own the "Game" ie I can't sell it, or use the characters or programming to make money, I still have freedom of how and when I want to use the product.

That what we need. Companies having the ability to just say "No soup for you" is bullshit.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Corey Marshall teases fans with voice over work from Sega.

http://s15.postimg.org/b4luh45nf/shenmue_3.jpg
http://s2.postimg.org/taascktcp/shenmue_pic_1.jpg

Coincides with this update from Steve 'S0L' Lycett:
Everyone loves to run with what they think I said

Anyway, I figured I ought to drop by!

First things first, I take exception to suggestions that we offered (off our own backs too) to go and present the results of the DLC vote to somehow further sales. I'm not sure how some people have come to that conclusion...

It was done out of a genuine desire to see if we could get a proven single voice from the community I could use to actually make DLC happen. Bear in mind that we're immensely proud of the game, had a huge amount of fun making it and actually wanted to use our experience to give the fans some new content that we could prove was desired.

As I was very clear about at the time, I couldn't make any promises it would happen and that's still certainly true today. Not least as it requires a very real financial commitment from SEGA to not only pay for us to develop content, but then also to release it.

Look at it like this. If you went to the bank and asked them for a loan to buy a car or a house, they'd probably want to make sure they got that money back and usually with interest on top. It's no different for DLC or indeed any kind of games development. If you're not going to get a return on the investment, why would you do it...

So I knew it would be an interesting proposition, right when I made the commitment to take the results to SEGA when I said 'If you get your act together and organise yourself, I will commit to taking it on'.

And take it on we did. Whilst you were all busy voting (and arguing about the results!) we looked at the fore-runners and started doing concept art. In fact, we actually predicted the winning order pretty much perfectly. Well if it wasn't for a certain Vocaloid (which was a surprise!).

When the votes were over and we'd collated the results, we started discussions on adding DLC to the game, how we'd do it, how it would be delivered and who to seek approvals from.

Indeed, it's common knowledge now we got approval to go ahead with at least one character. In fact we'd pretty much got that character in-game and animated. We needed to do some voice work and we needed to get elements like an All-Star move in, but it was a good 70% there.

But the road to getting DLC out isn't just on the development and approvals side. It needs support from the platform holders, it needs QA time for testing and more.

Originally the plan was to include some new characters in with the game update. In fact, originally we'd planned to get the game updates out on the 14th Feb, so we'd give you one big SEGA Love letter. In fact, the plan was to give you some extra characters included in that update with no additional charge.

...but sadly we had to drop that plan. First the updates took longer as we wanted to address all the issues reported in one go, that's not simple with as many platforms as we had, plus we were also pushing to get the PC version out. At this point we switched to getting the updates done first (as we wanted to resolve the issues) with DLC to be added later. There was also the sticking point of certain consoles having limitations about update sizes and how DLC can be delivered...

So the characters had to go on the back burner until the updates were done and out. Once they were we turned back to them and continued work to get them in. Again we planned to push the characters out as an upgrade but there was questions over cost to develop, but also for QA, marketing and more. Not to mention the cost to release them on the various platforms, it's not free to release DLC you know...

Since then, it's been on, it's been off, it's been on (for some platforms, but not others) and off and.. well you get the idea.

We're no less comitted to solving it, neither are SEGA. What I can't do here and now is say we'll be able to solve it and get them out. But neither can I say it's unsolvable either. Each time I think it's not going to happen and get ready to come and deliver bad news, the situation changes and it looks possible through some way to continue.

I also can't say who or what form DLC may take, as that all depends on the if, the where and the how.

Perhaps you can see why I've purposely not said very much at all. I don't like to make a promise I can't keep.

But... that's where we're at. It's not through lack of trying, it's certainly not down to a lack of desire to get it done, it's just how things can work out.

We'll keep looking at ways to give you the characters you want, but even if we fail, it has only ever been driven by trying to give you, the fans of the game the content that you asked for.

Anyone who tells you any different, well... I'll let you draw your own conclusions about their motives " -S0L
by Crimson Ryan
Tue May 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No used games is a wonderful idea

You have got to be kidding.

If you really want to support the developer, of course you'll buy it new if you can.
But to enforce a mandatory fee to play used games is just a way to milk consumers for more money.
by Stocke
Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its all bullshit. Rich companies trying to squeeze a few cents out to get richer or hide their own greed.

Lets really think about this for a moment.

After every call of duty game, Activision cuts atleast 30 jobs from the studio that developed the game. Overall they cut about a hundred jobs or more per year. At least 1 studio a year goes under. We've all seen the articles about how upper management has given itself outlandish raises, sometimes even up to 800%. Every year, the publisher is able to release multiple titles per year, many of them are able to garner sales into the millions with low budgets and reduced staff(Deadpool, Transformers, etc). The budgets are kept low by using low scale technology like Id Tech 3. The games are also released on all available platforms.

CD Red Projekt was incredibly happy with the success of The Witcher 2, a game which had been in development for over 2 years. It was built on a proprietary engine. The game was released on only 2 platforms (PC,360) and when the 360 version was released with new content, the pc version was updated for free with said content.

Which studio do you think hates used games? Which Studio complains about the rising cost of game development?

Another example of how used games can help a series is Falcom's Legend of Heroes

http://andriasang.com/comyht/

Making games is hard and expensive, but the reason they're saying aren't the real reasons. They're grasping because they pay themselves too much and often these companies have bad structures in place.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed May 29, 2013 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
very very good counter argument...im impressed. while i do agree, you have to admit that doing away with used games will still help the problem.

ON A SIDE NOTE: thats every company BTW. one thing i hate is when people say CEOs make too much money. companies ride or die on CEOs decisions. people get paid what they deserve including CEOs. the problem is people are stupid. I dont remember the actual percent but its a lot. something like 80% of companies go under in the first 6 months because the average joe blow idiot thinks he can run a business. people think they are over paid because they believe they can do their job just as well. but in actuality...........

Satoru Iwata took a paycut while Bobby Kotick gave himself a raise. So a good CEO can help helm a company, thats fine, they shouldn't be making more money then everyone else in the company combined, and if they do a shitty job they shouldn't be able to cover it by just firing people.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony listening to gamers concern over DRM

Again, my Dreamcast is hooked up and ready...

Going by the press and overall consensus, Sony shouldn't need such campaigns to open their eyes to the obvious. Simply by advertising and supporting no DRM themselves they'd gain so much respect and positive press. The point they'd even consider it saddens me.
by Yama
Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic