Search found 372 matches

Return

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Seems legit.
No not really, looks like its neo gaf made.
by Axm
Sat May 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Even though that article writer was out for blood, tbh he presented a good case for why we should be critical in listening to Major Nelson rather than MS own higher ups who have been clairifying things left and right how the games are being controlled by DRM that enables more control and profit for MS rather than retailers and consumers in a free market.
In the end, now because of Major Nelson everyone is waiting to see a unanimous confirmation.
This is a PR disaster.
They need to either back track completely at E3 or man up with full details in a video power point showing the exact specifics.
by Axm
Sat May 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for your Favourite SEGA All-Stars!

^It doesn't matter. Both NiGHTS and Lan Di are being taken under consideration.
by Ziming
Mon May 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project: Sekai

@ raymonf - I'll have to go back and have a look, I think there was some specific Shenmue model ripper. Anyway, I think I may try alternatives such as taking screenshots where there are no NPCs and then just overlaying it onto the image.

3D Ripper DX?
It works just fine for me, I can rip models for you if you need.
by raymonf
Sun May 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

--
by ShenGCH
Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his facebook

8-[ Start speculating!!!

https://www.facebook.com/corey.marshall.906

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969386_10201254165499086_1761544228_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/942155_10201254137698391_831645463_n.jpg
by 2ndOpp
Mon May 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Support Shenmue in a big German poll

The pretty big German print videogame magazine M! Maniac is having a voting competition for the best videogame of all time on their website. It's not some fan project, it's a poll of one of the leading German magazines for videogames and I'm not affiliated with it. I registered here a long time ago. You can check that, if you think I'm a spammer :)
The competition uses some sort of playoff system, where two games compete over 24 hours to advance to the next round. In the first round Shenmue has to receive more votes than Assassin's Creed II, so the competition is pretty stiff. The voting started two hours ago, so you have 22 more hours to vote for Shenmue and bring it one step closer to victory and a proof of demand for the game by fans in Germany. If you want to support Shenmue here is the link: http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-bundesspielewahl-2013-vorrunde-match-28-shenmue-vs-assassins-creed-ii . If there are people interested in the competition here, I would also inform you, if Shenmue makes it to the second round and needs votes again :)
lg Sakaro
by Sakaro
Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally, yea buying a liscense, yadda yadda, I get it we don't own it but theres ways around that. Like DRM free software. Sure I bought a liscense for gabriel knight, I do whatever the fuck I want with it. I can go into the game and switch all of tim curry's dialogue to clips of him saying "MENTAL MINDFUCK" or that shitty song from that witch movie. I can change gabriels sprite to a badly drawn version of frankenfutur, I can take the game, burn it to a disc, cum on it, throw it out a window, and then just burn another one because while I don't own the "Game" ie I can't sell it, or use the characters or programming to make money, I still have freedom of how and when I want to use the product.

Right, but that's beside the whole point. The real issue is paying twice or full price, or not even being able to just sell or giveaway the game yourself after you're done with it.

People are always going to do fan mods without much (if at all) intervention from its creators, but there are way more pressing matters at hand. That's why I was puzzled at Cliff's tweet, I was like "yeah, true...and?" I think its just distracting from the real concerns.
by Kenny
Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54820/why-is-xbox- ... -explains/

Microsoft's Jeff Henshaw explains the name, more BS than the 360 inhale crap.
by Who Really Cares?
Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thing is, he's kind of the high end of making games.

See this is the main issue with this, all of his posts and tweets and stuff. The guy has more then one Ferrari. Soooo yea this whole "Oh, I am teh sad, pulishers need teh munnies from teh used gamez, and piracy is teh worstest evil" is all bullshit. He's basically saying "We gotta gits moar munnies" while he's already sitting on a ton of it.

You won't hear Cactus from Dennaton saying that, actually he's helped people who pirated his game. You also won't see people from Klei, Falcom, Xseed or most smaller studios complaining. Used games obviously have an effect on the product, but its on par with piracy and is pretty negligible, actually both can offer up way more positives.

Falcom for example, was extremely happy with the sales of used games. Because people bought used copies of Trails in the Sky it was able to reach more people and each installation sold more then the last. This caused people to buy the digital versions and special editions and even QUADRUPLE dip for the PS3 re-releases. That basically hits every point, release a retail product in a limited quantity, offer a digital version that is transferrable on multiple platforms (including drm free version) release a physical package worth keeping and finally release a 2nd drm free copy to a home console.

You really don't need invasive EULAs that are written in a specific jargon and are purposely worded to make people just hit "next" yea its dumb people do it, but well thats half the point here, no single person wants to rock the boat even though in reality we all can because this has never actually been tested.

Cliffy B is basically not the guy to listen to when it comes to budgets or money because he's rich, he's a rich guy telling you he's losing money, boo fucking hoo. He's not actually hurting from not getting that money, he doesn't know what it IS to be hurting financially. If small companies like Level 5, Falcom, Bohemia and CD Red Projekt aren't complaining and they're working on the same level then Epic is doing something wrong.

Finally, yea buying a liscense, yadda yadda, I get it we don't own it but theres ways around that. Like DRM free software. Sure I bought a liscense for gabriel knight, I do whatever the fuck I want with it. I can go into the game and switch all of tim curry's dialogue to clips of him saying "MENTAL MINDFUCK" or that shitty song from that witch movie. I can change gabriels sprite to a badly drawn version of frankenfutur, I can take the game, burn it to a disc, cum on it, throw it out a window, and then just burn another one because while I don't own the "Game" ie I can't sell it, or use the characters or programming to make money, I still have freedom of how and when I want to use the product.

That what we need. Companies having the ability to just say "No soup for you" is bullshit.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Corey Marshall teases fans with voice over work from Sega.

http://s15.postimg.org/b4luh45nf/shenmue_3.jpg
http://s2.postimg.org/taascktcp/shenmue_pic_1.jpg

Coincides with this update from Steve 'S0L' Lycett:
Everyone loves to run with what they think I said

Anyway, I figured I ought to drop by!

First things first, I take exception to suggestions that we offered (off our own backs too) to go and present the results of the DLC vote to somehow further sales. I'm not sure how some people have come to that conclusion...

It was done out of a genuine desire to see if we could get a proven single voice from the community I could use to actually make DLC happen. Bear in mind that we're immensely proud of the game, had a huge amount of fun making it and actually wanted to use our experience to give the fans some new content that we could prove was desired.

As I was very clear about at the time, I couldn't make any promises it would happen and that's still certainly true today. Not least as it requires a very real financial commitment from SEGA to not only pay for us to develop content, but then also to release it.

Look at it like this. If you went to the bank and asked them for a loan to buy a car or a house, they'd probably want to make sure they got that money back and usually with interest on top. It's no different for DLC or indeed any kind of games development. If you're not going to get a return on the investment, why would you do it...

So I knew it would be an interesting proposition, right when I made the commitment to take the results to SEGA when I said 'If you get your act together and organise yourself, I will commit to taking it on'.

And take it on we did. Whilst you were all busy voting (and arguing about the results!) we looked at the fore-runners and started doing concept art. In fact, we actually predicted the winning order pretty much perfectly. Well if it wasn't for a certain Vocaloid (which was a surprise!).

When the votes were over and we'd collated the results, we started discussions on adding DLC to the game, how we'd do it, how it would be delivered and who to seek approvals from.

Indeed, it's common knowledge now we got approval to go ahead with at least one character. In fact we'd pretty much got that character in-game and animated. We needed to do some voice work and we needed to get elements like an All-Star move in, but it was a good 70% there.

But the road to getting DLC out isn't just on the development and approvals side. It needs support from the platform holders, it needs QA time for testing and more.

Originally the plan was to include some new characters in with the game update. In fact, originally we'd planned to get the game updates out on the 14th Feb, so we'd give you one big SEGA Love letter. In fact, the plan was to give you some extra characters included in that update with no additional charge.

...but sadly we had to drop that plan. First the updates took longer as we wanted to address all the issues reported in one go, that's not simple with as many platforms as we had, plus we were also pushing to get the PC version out. At this point we switched to getting the updates done first (as we wanted to resolve the issues) with DLC to be added later. There was also the sticking point of certain consoles having limitations about update sizes and how DLC can be delivered...

So the characters had to go on the back burner until the updates were done and out. Once they were we turned back to them and continued work to get them in. Again we planned to push the characters out as an upgrade but there was questions over cost to develop, but also for QA, marketing and more. Not to mention the cost to release them on the various platforms, it's not free to release DLC you know...

Since then, it's been on, it's been off, it's been on (for some platforms, but not others) and off and.. well you get the idea.

We're no less comitted to solving it, neither are SEGA. What I can't do here and now is say we'll be able to solve it and get them out. But neither can I say it's unsolvable either. Each time I think it's not going to happen and get ready to come and deliver bad news, the situation changes and it looks possible through some way to continue.

I also can't say who or what form DLC may take, as that all depends on the if, the where and the how.

Perhaps you can see why I've purposely not said very much at all. I don't like to make a promise I can't keep.

But... that's where we're at. It's not through lack of trying, it's certainly not down to a lack of desire to get it done, it's just how things can work out.

We'll keep looking at ways to give you the characters you want, but even if we fail, it has only ever been driven by trying to give you, the fans of the game the content that you asked for.

Anyone who tells you any different, well... I'll let you draw your own conclusions about their motives " -S0L
by Crimson Ryan
Tue May 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No used games is a wonderful idea

You have got to be kidding.

If you really want to support the developer, of course you'll buy it new if you can.
But to enforce a mandatory fee to play used games is just a way to milk consumers for more money.
by Stocke
Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its all bullshit. Rich companies trying to squeeze a few cents out to get richer or hide their own greed.

Lets really think about this for a moment.

After every call of duty game, Activision cuts atleast 30 jobs from the studio that developed the game. Overall they cut about a hundred jobs or more per year. At least 1 studio a year goes under. We've all seen the articles about how upper management has given itself outlandish raises, sometimes even up to 800%. Every year, the publisher is able to release multiple titles per year, many of them are able to garner sales into the millions with low budgets and reduced staff(Deadpool, Transformers, etc). The budgets are kept low by using low scale technology like Id Tech 3. The games are also released on all available platforms.

CD Red Projekt was incredibly happy with the success of The Witcher 2, a game which had been in development for over 2 years. It was built on a proprietary engine. The game was released on only 2 platforms (PC,360) and when the 360 version was released with new content, the pc version was updated for free with said content.

Which studio do you think hates used games? Which Studio complains about the rising cost of game development?

Another example of how used games can help a series is Falcom's Legend of Heroes

http://andriasang.com/comyht/

Making games is hard and expensive, but the reason they're saying aren't the real reasons. They're grasping because they pay themselves too much and often these companies have bad structures in place.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed May 29, 2013 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
very very good counter argument...im impressed. while i do agree, you have to admit that doing away with used games will still help the problem.

ON A SIDE NOTE: thats every company BTW. one thing i hate is when people say CEOs make too much money. companies ride or die on CEOs decisions. people get paid what they deserve including CEOs. the problem is people are stupid. I dont remember the actual percent but its a lot. something like 80% of companies go under in the first 6 months because the average joe blow idiot thinks he can run a business. people think they are over paid because they believe they can do their job just as well. but in actuality...........

Satoru Iwata took a paycut while Bobby Kotick gave himself a raise. So a good CEO can help helm a company, thats fine, they shouldn't be making more money then everyone else in the company combined, and if they do a shitty job they shouldn't be able to cover it by just firing people.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony listening to gamers concern over DRM

Again, my Dreamcast is hooked up and ready...

Going by the press and overall consensus, Sony shouldn't need such campaigns to open their eyes to the obvious. Simply by advertising and supporting no DRM themselves they'd gain so much respect and positive press. The point they'd even consider it saddens me.
by Yama
Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony mandates Vita Remote Play for PS4 games

Id love to reverse remote play actually..
Being able to play Vita games on my TV using PS4.. I mean, you already bought both systems and the game for vita. Might aswell let us have the option.
by Axm
Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People saying that what Microsoft is doing is similar to Steam...will Xbox One get the same sorts of deals/sales that Steam offers? Very unlikely and that's why people are annoyed by it. New games are just too costly.
by Henry Spencer
Thu May 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MS have been doing bigger deals than normal the last month or 2 but i don't see them keeping it up on XBox One which is a shame.

GTA publisher talks next-gen used games
Take-Two Interactive CEO says "If Microsoft has figured out a way to tax used games, then we should get paid, too."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gta-publisher-talks-next-gen-used-games-6409049
by Who Really Cares?
Thu May 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony listening to gamers concern over DRM

Bravo to Sony for taking the higher ground. I think its pretty easy to see at this point, this is a MS and publisher drivin thing for DRM. Sony allowing publishers to include DRM was probably the only way they would agree to developing games on their system and not saying "fuck it we'll go xbox exclusive."
Big fuck off to the publishers that pushed Sony into this though. I think we can name some usual suspects like EA, Activision and Capcom in swaying Sony to give them the right.
I will try to resist many of the DRM enabled games on PS4 just like ill be avoiding Xbox One all together.
Hopefully by Sony's example though we will see publishers shy away from using the option.
Im not completely satisfied about this, far from it but I have to say bravo to Sony for not joining in and atleast trying to stay consumer friendly.
The better thing ofcourse would have been to not allow any DRM but who knows what the library of games would look like if publishers started choosing sides based off DRM.

Activision has actually been pretty consumer friendly when it comes to DRM. They don't have online passes as far as I'm aware, and considering how much $$$$ COD bring I, that says a lot.
True they arent as bad as the others on console, but on PC they really stick it to you. Along with everyone else out there. The worst we could get out of all this DRM is what the PC world is experiencing these days. Again, hopefully a good scenario is publishers take note of sliding sales when they decide to include DRM and gamers choose to boycott, meanwhile Sony doesnt and leads by example thereby completely ridding the PS4 of any possible future DRM.
Other scenario is gamers whine and complain, but still buy the games and nothing is achieved. Or even worse, Sony opts into DRM in future first party titles based on the continued success of 3rd party games that do use DRM.
Its all up to us at this point.
by Axm
Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

C'mon guys, lets not get sucked in here and let this turn into a complete tear apart of the whole situation ultimately coming down to "maybe" "maybe not". Take this for what it is, a couple pictures. This proves or dis-proves nothing, we have gone through this enough times to know the drill. Hope for the best, expect to be disappointed, wait for possible announcement.
by AnimeGamer183
Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

Theres no way people believe this is for Shenmue 3 :lol:
by Peter
Fri May 31, 2013 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Excursion/Sonic Lost World

All I am saying you can't use the term "rip off" Galaxy Popularized it but did not invent. Just made it popular. Just like Apple did not invent MP3 Players, tablets,Iphone and such just made them popular. Apple ripped off Microsoft,Rio and LG. Yet after Apple those companies were accused of "ripping off" Apple. If you want to continue getting angry over the new Sonic game that Nintendo is publishing "ripping off" Mario fine then. So be it.

by Bluecast
Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue themed Dreamcast console

Hi all

Just joined forum although I've been here many times reading through threads etc.

Made a Dreamcast Shenmue themed console at work

Will be making some more soon. :D
by spinksy
Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it just too late for Shenmue III?

When I read arguments like that Shenmue III will have to meet modern gaming desires to be successful, automatically the following question comes to my mind: "Why? Did Shenmue I & II try to meet the mainstream gaming desires of its age (somewhere between the 90's and the new millennium)?"

In my personal view, mainstream gamers have not change a lot from that day. What they desire today, the same things they were desiring in the days when Shenmue first appeared. And I can suspect what these desires are (brutal desires, of course):
guns, gore, killing people for fun, slaughtering people in the streets, cutting heads, blood, lasers, ultra violence, zombies and all these related daemonical desires.

Do you think Yu Suzuki would think to put in a Shenmue III these elements for the shake of the brutal instincts of many (relative with these instincts) mainstream gamers?

Sega has shown some some signs where would easily do this, like e.g. with Shadow the Hedgehog holding a gun... and what else. But, I can not dare to think Yu Suzuki would ever do this. That would be disrespectful towards himself.

Yes, we have all see that a Shenmue III would have magic elements et cetera, but I would never believe that Yu, while creating Shenmue III, would stray from the spirit of the following principle: "Martial arts are used to protect people's lives".
by Giorgio
Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Tweetathon & 70 Man Battle Competition Winner

http://s14.postimg.org/ddtm0gn1d/dojo_banner.png

Every 3rd of the month, Shenmue fans descend upon Twitter to participate in the Shenmue Tweetathon. United around the hashtag #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense , the gaming community takes this opportunity to speak with one voice in support of Yu Suzuki's efforts to make Shenmue III a reality. We encourage everyone to spread the word and be heard on the 3rd! You can learn more about the campaign here .

To mark the June 3rd event, we are pleased to announce the winner of our 70-man battle competition held in conjunction with First 4 Figures . Brawling his way through the grueling gauntlet of Mad Angels in an impressive time of 3 minutes and 49 seconds , James Brown from the UK has earned himself an Exclusive edition Ryo Hazuki statue. Congratulations James! The winning video and competition results can be viewed here .
by Ziming
Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Takayuki Nakamura supports the Tweetathon! Here .

In case someone does not know who he is, he has done music for Virtua Fighter games of Yu, also OutRunners, and for many other games. There is also an article on wikipedia about Takayuki.

It seems that he feels a lot of respect for Yu Suzuki!

Update:
This guy gives to Shenmue fans some love: https://twitter.com/nakataka/status/342822867420991488
by Giorgio
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Kid & Stoner Show Ep.5: Getting to Know Corey Marshall

In this episode we are joined by Corey Marshall, a talented stage and voice actor best known for his role as Ryo Hazuki in the Shenmue series of games.
Corey's current project: http://gatesthecomic.com/

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"In this game, players enter the magical realms of Fantasia, selected by the legendary sorcerer Yen Sid to hone their musical and magical prowess as his new apprentice," the release continues. "Fantasia: Music Evolved takes players on an interactive and immersive motion-controlled journey through worlds of music and magic, unleashing their creativity along the way."

The original Fantasia movie featured works from Beethoven, but you can't dance to Beethoven , so Music Evolved opts for compositions by AVICII, Bruno Mars and Queen alongside 22 other "leading artists". What's more, it "gives players creative power to change the mix of their favorite songs in real-time, choosing between the original recording and new remixed versions, or adding new layers of music via magical manipulators that allow them to change music in exciting and surprising new ways!"

What freakin morons. You can't dance to Beethoven? They've obviously never heard Walter Murphy do him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MFbn8EbB4k

They should work with modern musicians to create more pieces like that^ out of the original soundtrack to make danceable remixes if that's what they need. Not just default to the lameness that is Bruno Mars.
by Rakim
Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-E3 hype. What are you hoping for.

Shenmue IV. Fuck III.
by Yama
Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-E3 hype. What are you hoping for.

Ready to talk some TITS?

lol

Wanting to see more Splinter Cell, Batman, GTA, and Watch Dogs. I wanna find out if you can buy Kinect 2.0 separately too. Don't wanna hear a peep outta Assassin's Creed, only coz I need to get III first though. Mirror's Edge 2 would be a (likely) bonus, any form of Shenmue too (even if it's just a picture of Ryo photoshopped into a snapshot) Oh, and it'd be quite entertaining to see a crowd of disgruntled former EA & Activision employees gather outside with torches and pitchforks.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My issue is 15 years from now when service is shut down. How will it play games? Also let's say 1 year from now I get a Xbox One and go to my local independent shops..they may not be on the list for participating retailers. Those two words tell me only Walmart,Target,Best Buy,Gamestop and such. Unless MS gives up on the 24 hour thing and someone hacks XBO where all concerns are a 100% non issue then this thing is still not looking good to me. One of my local stores has already decided not to sell it.
by Bluecast
Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Walking Dead on the Way?

Finally. They've said for a while now that there would be something to tide us over until season two. Hopefully it's sooner than later.
by Yama
Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Bicycle Mod

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Bicycle Mod Project by James Reiner (Progress Vi

If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me.

This was an idea that was brought to my attention and now that I am done with school, I figure that I should work on it.

I will hand the project off if needed.

This mod is based on ideas given to me from various members here.
by shengoro86
Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

Yeah, I'm out. The game looks great, but I'm just not bothering with the new Xbox any time soon (if ever, all honesty). I haven't been reading up on the system all that much, but the little bits that I have bothered to pay attention to turn me right the fuck off.
Too bad that this particular game has to be brought down by that fact.
I kind of hope Yukio Futatsugi moves to a different company sometime soon. He received absolutely no respect from Microsoft when he made Phantom Dust, and this project keeps getting fucked over as well. He needs to work somewhere else, so his genius can be properly appreciated.
by OL
Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4

If MS removes DRM,drops the 24 hour thing I would be ok with it. the 500$ price is dumb but in time that will lower. Until then Xboned
by Bluecast
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love the fact how hard they shit on MS with this conference. Sony clearly won E3. The only redeeming factor for MS was Dead Rising 3. Besides that, you'd have to honestly be a fool to support DRM and all the other restrictions plus a higher system price and more expensive online multiplayer price.
Sony really killed it on all regards. Big games, indie games, features, pricing, policy, support. They nailed it.
by Axm
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sony really killed it on all regards. Big games,.

I think Sony did brilliantly but exclusive games was the biggest problem. Most games they said would debut on PS4 rather then be exclusive. Other then a few games games everything was multi platform.

Microsoft really had a big showing of exclusive games which I would have liked to have seen more of from Sony.

Still the big price difference and online stuff will really outweigh the exclusives Microsoft have.
by Riku Rose
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol:
phpBB [video]
by Samanosuke Akechi
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has begun!
by Samanosuke Akechi
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta love the internet.Already taken down though. :lol:
by Samanosuke Akechi
Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just announce Shenmue Sony and you will have won it all.
by Peter
Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's just the same as it is now, Sony aren't giving the publishers any more tools to implement all that stuff than what they already have. So I can't imagine it being particularly widespread, and Sony has still won my support (by doing nothing). MS have xboned themselves, they will be forced to backtrack on some off this stuff eventually, surely.
by mue 26
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega... Spectrum?

Suppose to be shown at E3 tomorrow. *crosses finger* [-o<
by *Kenshin Himura*
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Update: Sony responded to our query, reiterating that all disc-based games will be able to be traded and resold at the owner's discretion, regardless of whether it's first or third party.

"Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners," a Sony representative told Polygon. "As announced last night, PS4 will not have any gating restrictions for used disc-based games. When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."

The Sony representative also confirmed that the Online Pass program used in some Sony first-party games on PS3 would not be used at all for its titles on PS4.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419476/playstation-4-third-party-publishers-can-dictate-their-own-drm-terms

As it stands I'm more likely to buy a PS4. I don't have a 'huge' issue with the X1 like some do but for multi platform games I'd rather have the option to play them in 20 years time and lend them to friends then to not. Should Microsoft back peddle I'll get an X1 as I want more exclusives on that system and prefer the controller. As it stands though I'll only be getting an X1 for the exclusives and that will be when there are enough to justify the price it's at like I did with the PS3 this generation.

I've now got a PS4 on pre-order just in case I want it day one but should Microsoft be smart I'll happily change it.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic