Search found 53 matches

Return

Re: The Photography Thread

What a beautiful creature, Outlawstar.

http://orig11.deviantart.net/a10c/f/2014/324/1/5/penha_toura_by_ipratropium-d871at8.jpg

http://orig13.deviantart.net/f6ac/f/2015/021/b/1/the_age_of_ephemerality_by_ipratropium-d879fq6.jpg

http://orig06.deviantart.net/0631/f/2015/022/1/1/img_5116_5_by_ipratropium-d8exv28.jpg
by Nahovil
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Rakim wrote: Sepultura - Arise
phpBB [video]

I saw Dave Grohl mention them in an interview and decided to check it out. Nice shit!

Here's some more Sepultura for your enjoyment

phpBB [video]
by Nahovil
Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

I'm sorry people are so easily offended. I'm sorry people are too weak to toughen up and continue on with their life. I'm sorry people feel the need to identify with a gender, race, nationality, sexuality, or religion rather than just identifying with their own self. And most of all, I'm sorry people are too lazy, or apathetic, to attempt to fix a problem after they have identified it as being such.

Do not think that I am belittling anybody for being transgender, black, white, gay, a christian, a satanist, or any other arbitrary reason. No. I only belittle the weak and the lazy, because their actions have allowed them to be belittled.

You proceed to claim that people seek to be identified with a group - which is precisely what they are against - and then criticize them for being lazy and apathetic in solving the problem (Wait, isn't fighting for what they believe what movements like feminism are about?). You belittle the weak because their actions have allowed them to be belittled? Even without going into questions of free will, I will just point out just how profoundly obtuse that remark is.

I can't be arsed to reply to your obnoxious response to our argument ( Failing at a conversation ? Are you 15?), but I'll make the effort to remark something which should be made quite clear. This isn't about movements, the need to belong, or of identifying with something greater than themselves. It's not a case for "feminism".
by Nahovil
Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Trailer #2

I got my Star Wars interest mostly through KOTOR and KOTOR II. To anyone remotely interested in Star Wars, I'd say that's your safest bet.
by Nahovil
Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #61: Halloween Greetings

I love the halloween art! So cute :)

Truly? Personally, from the start of the campaign I've wondered about the reason of this juvenile and, for the lack of a better word, corny theme, along with its corny fonts and over-enthusiastic, marketing-like exclamations.

As an appreciator of the overall imagery of Shenmue, from character and environment design to the cinematography, and also its immersive and enthralling atmosphere, I gotta say overly "cute", gleeful and jolly manifestations and exclamation points aren't really things I relate with the whole aesthetics and, more importantly, concepts of the series. It doesn't reminisce capsule toys and, for all of its quirky characters, this goofiness of sorts seems ill-placed in the world described in the original writing. As a crowdfunding project, I would say it detracts a lot more new fans than otherwise.

Trusting in Yu Suzuki, I'm confident this pertains exclusively to the campaign team's design and visual culture ineptitude and that it won't somehow seep through to the actual game.
by Nahovil
Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What new open world features do you want to see?

To me it's more about what Open World features I don't want to see, like absolutely NO mini-maps with quest/enemy/item GPS tracking (actually no quest tracking at all on the UI if possible other than Ryo's notebook), NO battle HP item use and NO vast areas devoid of anything interactive, but merely transitional areas just to walk or run by.

Other than those I also have to point out to NO narratives that betray the game mechanics, like an avatar worrying about having enough money to live by and swearing to not use violence unless necessary but when translated into gameplay, he is able to amass a fortune in no time and is able to shoot or run over any NPC in front of him (GTA IV); or an avatar on a quest of uttermost urgency but the game doesn't actually press the gamer to do that in any way (Skyrim).
Well said. Couldn't agree more.
While games have evolved and Shenmue 3 would do well to learn from them in some aspects, thus also evolving, I do want Shenmue 3 to still be Shenmue and not yet another open world game, full of gamey stuff and hand-holding. To this day, one thing that Shenmue 1 and 2 still do better than all these modern open world games is their sense of immersion. Shenmue doesn't need, and shouldn't have, an overbearing HUD where every little thing is explained to you, where you'll never need to learn its streets, where you'll always know exactly what you should do next to advance, as if you were playing with a walkthrough. Sure, Shenmue needs to evolve, because, let's face it, the first two games are pretty outdated now, but it should not lose its soul and should not change the things that are still good about it just for change's sake and/or because "that's the way things are done now".

What I was thinking is what will be the size of Ryo? 2/3 of the screen like in the previous games or less? Will it interfere with the identification we have? And will we be able to move the camera freely with the mouse on the pc version ?I wonder how the gameplay evolution will impact our feelings towards the game. So much question... What do you think?

I think they should change the camera angle.

No one wants to look at Ryo's gargantuan caboose all day.
Disagree with that one. I think the fact that the camera was so close to Ryo, and kinda low, thus allowing for a better view of the surrounding environments, was one of the reasons why Shenmue was so immersive. You felt more inside of its world, so to speak.
Of course, as someone suggested before, an option to walk around the world in first person view would be lovely and would make it even more immersive. I once saw a video of a Witcher 3 mod, which allowed just that, and it made a huge difference. Would definitely love such an option.

Concordo com isso tudo.
I'd welcome a playing screen without HUD in it, or at least the option to conceal it.
by Nahovil
Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic