Return

Salute

Stay thirsty my friends...
by Jeff
Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salute

As you can see from it's clear marking, that's just the one he rides to the office in. Wait until you see the badboy's he rides around in on the weekend, they're probably spaceship's.
Are you gay for him or something?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Jeff1020/you-have-no-power-here.jpg
by Jeff
Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salute

First off I wish all of you a happy thanksgiving to those here who celebrate it and I hope it was a good one. Enjoyed spending time with my family.

Thanks ShoZo and all the others for your support. Others like to insult me because it distracts them for their deficiencies in their lives, so they have to attack someone who done the right things. Contrary to Ryudo's statement, I no longer live in Vermont. I'm once again (and thank God) a New Yorker. Been so for a couple years now. My life has greatly improved since I last really posted here. If any of you guys are in the tri-state area and want to meet in Manhattan sometime feel free to contact me.

My life has improved greatly the past two years. I kind of compare myself to CJ on GTA San Andreas as how quickly he went from nothing to something. I love wearing tailored suits to work, I love my luxury car, I love being to go out with women on the regular now (have a dinner date tomorrow in fact). Things are just great. I'm also a Rotarian as well and provide polio vaccinations to children in developing countries. We recently eradicated polio in India and now are targeting the middle east.

To those I deleted from my facebook, I want you to know that it was no hard feelings, I simply wanted to cut all ties with this place in all forms. I see now that there are some here worth keeping in touch with, and once again if you live in this area I'd be happy to build friendships with you.

The lesson on this post, and why I did it is simple. You can insult, troll, belittle someone all you want, but the bottom line is, you can't keep a good guy down. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqeVzsGVxzQ
by Jeff
Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Last weekend I was in a small cafe/diner in Vermont with my dad one morning. The man sitting at the table next to me was none other than the most interesting man alive, the Dos Equis guy, John Goldsmith.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5707855_f260.jpg

He was so close I could touch him. He was just eating breakfast by himself. He lives in that town my parents have a place in. So technically I had breakfast with the most interesting man alive. He didn't seem that interesting though. I just wish I could take my picture with him but I wanted to respect his privacy. Maybe he was just scoping out his successor.
by Jeff
Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

-Islam is not a religion of peace

-Obama is a narcissistic dweeb and Michelle wears the pants in that household

-I think his crony's stole the election by having supporters vote early and often. 57 counties in swing states had Obama win 100% of the vote. Not one vote for Romney, really? We're talking big areas like Cleavland, OH. That's like an election with Castro or Saddam Hussein.

-I absolutely am sick of top 40 music, the electronic mess and every song about partying in a club.

-Black friday is a joke, the prices are mostly the same for people to trample each other to buy plastic crap from China with money they don't have. The sales are better in late January.

-I think college is an expensive waste of time. A week in a small business is more educational that a semester of college.

-I hate Jon Stewart with a severe passion. He's so smug and thinks he's so smart, he's a moron.

-I don't care for the Godfather movies. I could never get into them.

-I think facebook is destroying personal relationships and feeds off laziness.

Am I banned yet? Saying these things 5 years ago would surely do it. :-)
by Jeff
Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I used to be a free market kind of guy. I also had no problems with big-box stores. I've watched this system destroy downtowns and local wealth. Now I consider myself an economic protectionist. We have to keep the money in the communities, because they are the ones that are your neighbors, hire with good jobs, and reinvest in the community. I'm a member of the Chamber of Commerce and I see this right on the front lines. I only go into big box stores now if there is something I cannot get from small business. I prefer to get lunch at a local deli where the quality is better and I know where the food comes from rather than fast food or chain stores. You also build relationships with the people who work there and there is also accountability and pride with what they sell or the service they provide.
by Jeff
Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Hostess, I already miss you so...

by Jeff
Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8sT7250io[/youtube]
by Jeff
Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Far more can be gained focusing on the future, than dwelling on the past.
by Jeff
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox mag: Why Shenmue III is a bad idea

The only path forward I see, given the length of time that has passed, a remake from the beginning is the only way to build fan support to justify it. The other issue I see is that SEGA is notorious the past several years of coming out with crap. I'd bet a steak dinner that if they got to work on it today, it would be a buggy disaster. They also don't have the financials to put into a game with such depth, which is why they only make cheap to make games now. I think the best thing for the Shenmue franchise right now is to sell the name and rights to a third party publisher, to hire some of those who worked on the original to keep it's soul, and who will invest the time to make it something we only imagined. Based with what I saw with 'Heavy Rain', I think Sony would be up for the challenge.
by Jeff
Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Brothaman wrote: Image

Haha, never heard of that brand, tread softly ;-)
by Jeff
Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Cadillac Black cologne. It smells like leather and hot sex, just the way I like it. :lol:
by Jeff
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anybody remember 'Steel Angel Jeanette'? Remember her (or presumably a she) made those bizarre pokemon related posts? I can't remember a specific one other than recalling myself asking if this person takes hard narcotics? :lol:
by Jeff
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lost that touch

A month ago I turned the ripe old age of 29 (and will be 29 for the next few years). I pick up and play games from time to time and cant play with the sharpness, quickness, and efficientness As i could 10 years ago. I read that one starts to lose ones motor skills starts to errode at age 25, my question to you, as this online community is aging, did you find this about yourself as well? Is it a cause of getting older or due to playing alot less?
by Jeff
Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I saw people holding up ipads at Rockerfeller Center during the Christmas Tree lighting and I'm like 'who the hell brings an ipad to this? :lol:
by Jeff
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'Man Made' Global warming is bullshit. I'm a former president of the science club and I say this. There is no serious science behind the greenhouse effect, unless you think CO2 can block light rays, if that's the case, car exhaust would have a shadow. The reason why the icebergs are melting, and how there are less snow caps are because it's still a thawing process from the last ice age. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. I think the higher powers of the European and communist countries are promoting control of CO2 to take down the US economy. Notice how militant environmentalists are about it? It's because they have been conditioned to act that way, and that's by design.
by Jeff
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMeULaT9DQM[/youtube]

This explains where I'm coming from, the evidence at the end is damning with what the Chinese are doing.
by Jeff
Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost that touch

Max Payne 3 was different in compared to the theme, at first it was a turn off, but then I realized, it's different, but it doesn't make it bad. I enjoyed it.

Oh I have a story about Noodles. When I was in college, I think it was my junior year of college so it was around 2004-2005. Noodles and I were on MSN messenger. We talked from time to time. Seemed pretty normal. Then things got weird. He started to message me like an overly attached girlfriend who texts you too much. Back then I would keep my computer on 24/7, so the messenger would be on. In the morning 'hi Jeff, Good Morning! :-)', later on 'Jeff how was your lunch'? 'Jeff I've been thinking about you'. 'Jeff we should talk'. All day long, I'd come back to my dorm room and find multiple messages on my computer from him, like some sort of stalker. Then later on we were talking and at the end of the convo he added one of these ' :heart: '. I'm like Oooooookkkk..... Then I guess a few days later he told me he loved me. I'm like uh....thanks I guess... :| The next day he sent, well let's put it a very graphic photo, possibly of himself to me. And that's when I ended all communication with him. I haven't heard from him since and I prefer it that way. One strange dude.
by Jeff
Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

Graduated college in 2006, started as an assistant to a media company, a couple years later I became an executive and was responsible for magazine placement for Blockbuster Video, FYE, Tractor Supply, Circuit City, AutoZone, Pepboys, Fred's, Advance Auto, and some more chain stores nationwide. I left that company to work for my family firm because print media was dying, as well as some of the chain stores we serviced back in 2010. That company closed this past October. Now I'm an insurance broker in New York. We just moved into a bigger office to expand, looking to hire people, but you dingbats voted for Obama so you shot yourselves in the foot. :hitrock:
by Jeff
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Mark Sanchez benched for a rookie, goes out and wins the game. That made my smile.
by Jeff
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

We all know that Gamestop is the Great Satan, Allah willing, death be upon it.

Now that I used a combination of words that would put this forum under DHS review, I will say that I think the Nintendo Wii is the next Dreamcast, but with no captivating titles. Wait until next xmas, or at least two years, just a little bit of history repeated.
by Jeff
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/985/ihavethepower.jpg

It's not the last issue, but I was so glad just to see an issue of Nintendo Power after 6 months that I quickly grabbed it just the same. It was the only one on the entire rack at walmart.

Ah magazines, I used to get everyone in existence for free. I feel funny even paying money for them because publishers would just give them to me. I remember when I was in that business if a magazine sold 10% of copies distributed that was good. They really only care how much they distribute, because they can charge more for advertising if they have high circulation numbers, that's where they really make their money, you're pretty much paying for the printing and shipping costs. I used to see the printing schedules for video game titles and knew what was coming before it was announced.
by Jeff
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: iPhone numbers to gmail?

How is that even possible to get the numbers on Gmail? That's baffling. Probably better off just accepting that Apple owns your life and to just get a new Iphone.
by Jeff
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we should have a Shenmue Dojo breakdance competition. film yourself breakdancing, post it on a topic here and see who puts on the best performance. :lol:
by Jeff
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh come now, take a good long look, it doesn't get better than this folks.
by Jeff
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whiteShadow was way out of line with Jeff back in the day even tho I agreed with the frustration. I know no one on staff really treated him right and at the time we were all little shits esp Jeff at times. Still looking back no one handled anything very well.

I have no hard feelings toward that Portuguese speech control Napoleonic Complex thriving hobbit. I just hope that he along with his whole nation crumbles into the Atlantic Ocean.

BTW, despite his quarks and somtimes outlandish views, I like Alex Jones. Regardless whether I agree with him or not I watch his new stuff every week for both entertainment purposes and alternative viewpoints.
by Jeff
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christmas coming up!

Kenny wrote:
Sorry, i'm picky when it comes to sucking nuts. It has to be just right.

Quote of the week. :lol:
by Jeff
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Nationality Are You?

Half Italian, a quarter German, and the next quarter is a mix of various other European nationalities. I found out last year that Jon Bon Jovi share the same great great grandparents. I got Bon Jovi blood in me. :lol:
by Jeff
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm a bit worried for the systems longevity when Black Friday sales see the U outsold by 360 and playstation alike. At first I thought it may have been a limited supply choking sales, but one look at ebay and the thing is barely fetching msrp. When the original Wii came out those auctions were 4-5x retail.

Thank you, I noticed that too, I mean if you really want one you can find one online within 2-3 minutes. This isn't a hot item.
by Jeff
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last night I was out with a VP and some top exec's from an insurance company I represent and had a great time. There were monkeys, alcohol, and this italian chick named Luciana who by this morning was emailing me saying she had to see me again. Not a bad end to the week. ;-)
by Jeff
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just donated to the Dojo fund. Merry xmas. :x-mas:
by Jeff
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Happy 69th birthday Kiba! :)
by Jeff
Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I finally learned why Japan seems to have much nicer and better maintained roads. It's because their are toll's everywhere that scan your car and charge your bank account while you drive around. The average driver over there pays about $300 a month on these tolls! I'd rather go by the US system and drive around for free on pot hole ridden roads.

@Ryudo, that is depressing. Something has gone quite wrong with America. That's one thing I know for sure. I believe we as a culture created our problems, disregarding manufacturing in this country as well as a lazy population who would rather shop at large corporation entities that take the money out of the communities rather than support their neighbors for convenience and price. At least that's my hypothesis.
by Jeff
Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

Not really pissed off, but more disappointed.

Neil Cavuto (Fox News Interviewer): How does it feel to be the last man to walk on the moon?

Eugene Cernan: Horrible.

Last man on the moon: 1972.
by Jeff
Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6LVZFLSfw[/youtube]
by Jeff
Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Last week I was at a holiday party by one of my insurance carriers. It turns out I was the only agent invited to the head table by this carrier. I sat right next to the VP of the company that night and for some reason they really like me lol. They must be sick or something haha. Anyways, I met this Italian chick and really hit it off with her, tonight we had our first date and it went quite well. Hoping it amounts to something good. :)
by Jeff
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I got a prescription for my adult ADD. I just picked it up and found out it has meth as one of the ingredients, though it's a low dosage obviously. Then I started having second thoughts about this and thought of what I could become from this, like a slippery slope, I thought of this scene from The Other Guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk5_RS6_H8g

I guess I'll take it though, what the fuck...
by Jeff
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote: I have personally hated guns since I nearly shot and killed my dad/mom.

The gun can't pull the trigger by itself, so why is it the gun's fault?
by Jeff
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: God hates West baptist church

Here's how to deal with the Westboro Baptist Church:

1. Drop leaflets throughout the MIddle East that states The Westboro Baptist Church burns thousands of Koran's a month for fun and entertainment. Put their addresses and names of the members on the leaflets.

2. Wait.
by Jeff
Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.rollcall.com/news/house_gop_boosts_funds_for_doma_legal_defense-219963-1.html?pos=oplyh

Fiscal responsibility party indeed. There's always enough tax payer money laying around to bank roll the people trying to keep marriage out of the hands of gays. Even if there isn't enough for education, retirements or anything else. My unique position may grant me a reprieve if I wanted to marry a guy, but it still sucks in my opinion none the less.

Don't worry Sonnikku, in NY State it's legal, if I'm still single by like 35 and if I'm intoxicated enough you can fulfill your long time dream of marrying me. :lol:

dammit all my friends are starting to either believe retarded conspiracy theories or join pyramid schemes and are trying to get me hooked up on them

I love those conspiracy people, whether I agree with the theory or not, I like to egg them on and come up with ideas to further fuel the conspiracy, or take it in a direction that is absolutely ridiculous and see if they are gullible enough to believe it. It's like a fun game.
by Jeff
Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy 2013 everyone! I just thought that I started posting here in 2003, it's been almost 10 years. oh my god.... :boohoo:
by Jeff
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic