Search found 109 matches

Return

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Here's one of me walking through Dobuita st. during the day.

Here's one at the New Yokosuka Harbor!

by ShOzO MiZuKi
Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SII CHAR DATABASE-ALL 700 (AND 1) CHARACTERS! UPDATE 27/3/15

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/askvera/s2cd_sigbanner.png

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qkby011a3tkgg2/Shenmue%20II%20Character%20Database.rar

Yep. After nearly a decade, it's done, people :D

HISTORY OF THE SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE PROJECT
Ever since casting my eyes upon screenshots of Shenmue published in the (now defunct) UK magazine Computer and Video Games, I have been absolutely enthralled by the series. This game was definitely something different. As the famous tagline proclaimed in the trailers before its release – RPG had changed. Sure, hailing the game as being its own exciting new “genre” with a somewhat silly acronym as its name (FREE- Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment) was being a tad overzealous perhaps, but you had to admire Yu Suzuki’s ambition for this game. When I finally got to play it on the Christmas morning of 2000, it did not disappoint. The atmosphere created was just amazing to me – a realistic, living, breathing town with over 300 individual characters – all with their own specific daily routines and, in supplementary materials, all named and given detailed biographies! Throw in the fantastic music and the engaging (if not completely original) story and you really had something special. And this was only part one of the saga...

Bundled with the game was the ‘Shenmue Passport’ disc. Through the Dreamcast’s internet connection, this enabled access to all sorts of information about the game, as well as ranking leaderboards for the various mini-games and the chance to get exclusive capsule toys. One of the best features was the character profile section however; as you met and conversed with the characters during a playthrough, their profiles would gradually be added to the Passport. Now to some, giving all 300+ characters names, stats, and biographies may seem extraneous, (especially given characters that Ryo can’t even speak to have detailed information about them!) but it really shows the love and care put into the game by the developers and the amount of depth to Shenmue that few games have matched.

PASSPORT EXPIRED
The Passport service was eventually taken offline in April 2002, but thankfully the character profiles had also been published in Prima’s strategy guide book for the game, so the information was still readily available to fans.
Which brings us to the sequel game, Shenmue II – which I got the following Christmas in 2001. This sadly could end up being the last game in the series, despite it ending on a cliffhanger and at a game-changing point in the saga’s story. Nonetheless, the sequel’s world was even bigger than the first’s– Ryo travels to Hong Kong to continue his quest, with most of its areas completely dwarfing Shenmue I’s in terms of size, as well as the amount of characters – around 700. There was also a lot more mini-games and sidequests to discover, and fans generally agree it is more action-packed and that the plot moves a lot quicker than the first game (though some will argue Shenmue I’s atmosphere has more charm) And what of these 700-odd characters? Were they all named and profiled as per the original game? As it turns out, yes – but these were not readily available to the fans outside of Japan.

Firstly, unlike the first Shenmue, there was no Passport. There was no Prima guide either, as the Dreamcast version had been cancelled in America. America eventually saw an updated version of Shenmue II on the Microsoft Xbox, and a Prima guide was finally published. However, unlike the Shenmue I book, there were only profiles on the main characters; Ryo, Shenhua, Xiuying, Fangmei, Ren, Joy, Wong, Lan Di, Dou Niu and Yuan. The Xbox version, with the new snapshot feature, did include profiles on some of the other characters; unlocked when you took pictures of them, but it didn't come close to having profiles for all the characters. Would we ever know the names and backgrounds of the reams of anonymous characters?

A FAN EFFORT
Shortly after I had completed Shenmue II, I looked around on the internet for fansites/information about the series, ultimately finding the excellent Shenmue Dojo website. I joined the forums, and this was in fact one of the first message boards I signed up to on the internet. My handle on the forum was (and still is) ‘Miles Prower’, as I am also a long-time fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series of games (and Sega games in general). I made a lot of good friends through the Dojo community and have many fond memories associated with the forums. I think between us we have probably discussed every single aspect of the games to death, but as many fans will attest, you find or notice something new with every playthrough of these wonderful games. Not to mention the very active hacking/modding scene that developed, mostly headed by longtime member LanDC, in which reams of unused content was discovered and many interesting and or humourous modifications made to the game. I still get a warm nostalgic feeling every time I watch LanDC’s Road to Amihama videos in particular.

And indeed, the question of whether detailed character profiles existed for Shenmue II’s cast was raised in discussion. In a thread from 2003, a member named Eek the Cat shared some scans of a guidebook he owned published in Japan called the Shenmue II Perfect Guidebook. The scans showed that there were indeed names and profiles for each and every character.
Eek was even kind enough to put all of the scans together on a CD for me and mail it to me, and even threw in a couple of audio CD’s he had compiled containing music from Shenmue II (sadly the second game never had any official soundtracks released).

The problem? Being that this book was from Japan, the character names were in Chinese and the information in Japanese. Through discussion in the topic, another forum member called khien agreed to help with translating the character names as she could read Chinese. And so began the effort to translate the many character profiles. I began by gradually posting them within the topic, and then eventually creating a website (which, thanks to Web Archive, you can still view here , albeit with most of the images missing).

Continuing into 2004 and beyond, progress was quite slow, mainly due to me starting university. Khien’s life ended up becoming quite busy as well, but thanks to the efforts of another forum member, Oda Ryo, the translation work still continued. The forum member Kiyuu (possibly Japan’s biggest Shenmue fan, and often referred to as the ‘Shenmue Queen’), also informed me that another book existed, the Shenmue II Complete Guide, which contained profiles for characters not included in the Perfect Guidebook; namely those for the many pedestrians who wander the streets of Hong Kong. I made the effort to acquire this book myself and make scans for the remaining profiles.

RESSURECTING THE PROJECT
As the years went on, however, my free time became less and less. I studied for three years at university and after graduating in 2008, I was working full time; in short I was growing up. It was also looking increasingly unlikely that a Shenmue III would ever emerge. Life went on. However, my enthusiasm to complete the project was somewhat fired up again when Peter from the forums (who most likely owns the biggest Shenmue collection in Ireland) got in touch with me on Facebook asking if I was still working on it, as the Dojo staff had managed to get an interview with one of the voice actors for the English dub of Shenmue II (a very interesting read by the way, which can be found here , and they had requested that video clips be assembled of the characters he voiced, which he supplied a list of – but only by name and brief descriptions. Using the information from my project I helped with finding some of them. I then found myself wanting to get the project finished once and for all, and got back in touch with Oda Ryo who happily assisted me with getting the remaining names translated.

I had also spoken to the member ‘thegreatchai’, who had also been attempting to catalogue the character information on her wiki site, and over time we assisted each other greatly. I began transferring the information to an Excel spreadsheet with the intention of creating a complete database of all the Shenmue II characters – which after assembling a numbered list I discovered there are exactly 700 – surely a deliberate intention of the creators? At any rate, after a few months work the project was finally finished. I am glad that this information is now easily accessible to Shenmue fans, and while some may consider me obsessive or downright insane for pursuing with the project, it was worth it for a game series that I love so much and one day hope will be continued in some form. We can but hope. The saga may still go on....

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qkby011a3tkgg2/Shenmue%20II%20Character%20Database.rar

Please feedback and let me know if you spot any mistakes or errors, or any factoids about the characters that I may have missed. Most of all, enjoy :D
by Miles Prower
Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

When Shenmue 2 came out I thought - "wow, this world is so awesome. How amazing are games going to be like in 10 years?!".
Obviously everything went wrong from what I had imagined and games aren't more complex. Only graphics and sometimes mechanics are, but not the worlds and experiences/vibes.

I only wish they made the game similar to Shenmue 1 & 2 (to me they weren't that different in the way they played), perhaps an "alive city" like in S1 but with S2-style action and events. However I wish they made everything more "usable". Which means, the great part of Shenmue was how you could interact with everyone, everywhere in the "city". I wish it would go further and into more detail. So you could actually interact with different people in different ways, chat about more/different things with different kinds of people and most of all focus on the experience itself and not some virtual outcome.
I wish you could enter and explore more unique buildings, perhaps visit random people just for a chat and some little unique experiences (like, entering a Chinese village hut and having a chat with a Chinese Civil War veteran and getting a scroll from him or whatever) etc. Basically Shenmue was the most life-like game ever made. You could totally feel that you're in the 80s, knocking on random peoples' door and expect them to react life-like, and to some extent the game totally delieved that at least better than anything else. I expected more from the "future games", not only Shenmue and certainly I'm left with disappointment and perfect games remain only in my imagination.

It felt like Shenmue was kind of an entry gate to the awesomeness of life-like experiences in video games. You didn't get the experience you already know, what you're familiar with - in that sense it was more like holidays in a foreign world mixed with time travel to the 80s, filled with things you would actually do there and they were presented just like they could really happen - in detail and slow paced, so you felt like you were actually living through that day.
I wish Shenmue 3 would take that concept further. That's all I'm wishing for actually.
by szymon247
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Piano Medley

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcaGbKoQIYI[/youtube]
by Ziming
Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II: Kowloon Walled City (video)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEVM1HP52A[/youtube]
by Ziming
Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Merry Christmas all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNOYVlsSls[/youtube]

Catch you later.
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

AM2 wrote: Treating his depression with Red Red Wine, travel to France to taste wine, that's about it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwFkByhlJo[/youtube]
by Ziming
Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kavinsky next album "Outrun" (Praises Yu Suzuki/Games)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/83/Kavinksy_Outrun_Cover.jpg/618px-Kavinksy_Outrun_Cover.jpg

Here is a interview with Kavinsky, he's a popular French electro house artist. If anyone has seen the movie "Drive", then you've already heard his work. In this interview he's asked if his upcoming album "Outrun" is related to a racing game.

http://www.spin.com/articles/kavinsky-outrun-drive-skrillex-tattoo-interview

Is the title for Outrun a reference to the racecar video game?

Yes! It's a game I used to play a lot. It's from a very talented game creator, Yu Suzuki, who is the guy who also did Hang-On, Shenmue , so many. Each time he had a new concept or a new way to play — it was always a revolution for each game he did.

"ProtoVision" is the new single taken from Kavinsky's album "OutRun"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX9Yk_B3cwY

Listen to more of his music below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY&list=AL94UKMTqg-9Do4sG4cDYt-Wd7gNv95upQ
by Ziming
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here a video of the complete conference of the Sunday March 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8bSiWu_CA

Thank you for the video. Now that I can hear the Q&A part clearly, I've fixed the inaudible part in my translation.

Can you please add time stamps to the duration of each Shenmue question.
Here's the translation of the Shenmue related Q&A:

21:24-TR: What is the most memorable game to you?
21:29-YS: Every game is memorable to me. But, Virtua Fighter is the most memorable as it was
the hardest game to make, having had to go through various hardships. Shenmue as well.

24:01-TR: Is there any regrets?
24:04-YS: Ah... I hate this (kind of question.) Not having been able to make Shenmue III yet, of course.

24:43-TR: Do you have any plan or project for the next-generation consoles?
24:52-YS: I don't have any concrete plans, but I'd like to do something for them.

25:23-TR: What do you think about using the service like crowd-funding, such as Kickstarter?
25:33-YS: There's such possibility, I think.
(Here, the translator took the liberty of connecting the answer of YS with Shenmue III, and the MC got excited.)
15:47-YS: That was a leading question, wasn't it?

26:06-TR: Perhaps you've already been asked this a lot, but everybody wants to know it. How is Shenmue III
going at the moment?
26:17-YS: I want to make it for sure, if a good partner is found.
26:30-YS: If the circumstances allow, I want to make it.
26:41-TR: Everybody wants to help you in anyway.
26:45-YS: Thank you. Merci beaucoup.

26:51-YS: May I speak a little here? French fans, especially, have been caring about Shenmue a lot and
always ask me about Shenmue III. I'm very glad about it.
27:18-YS: I sincerely want to make it, if circumstances allow.

36:50-TR: Now, there's a rumor that Shenmue I or II will be playable soon by downloading with PSN or Xbox...
37:06-YS: Where is it from?
37:10-TR: Huh? He (the questioner) says so.
37:15-YS: Well, I don't get it. Every year a rumor says Shenmue III is coming. I wonder who is making it.

42:24-TR: Do you have a plan to make Shenmue HD?
42:50-YS: The license of Shenmue I and II belongs to SEGA. Now that I've left SEGA, it's not my decision,
but SEGA's, to remake and sell them like that. It'd be possible for SEGA, I guess.
43:27-YS: I could make anything related to Shenmue series, though, by getting the license from SEGA,
if they say OK.

45:10-TR: Instead of a video game, will there be any chance that you depict the story of Shenmue 3
in other forms, like movie or novel?
45:24-YS: There will be such possibilities, I think. Even in such forms I want to do something related to Shenmue.
by Kiyuu
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Kiyuu! :D I'm now going to put a video together with English subtitles. This will tide us over until Kenji's YS interview is up.
by Ziming
Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kotonoha no Niwa [The Garden of Words] by Makoto Shinkai

Absolutely beautiful. I've only seen 5 Centimeters Per Second from him, but that was enough to tell me just how talented Shinkai is. I loved that film/OVA so much.
The man's a legitimate artist.
I'll snatch this up immediately if it ever gets released domestically.
by OL
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Couldn't resist to buy that Fujitsu F-07C. It's sold as a "phone" but actually comes with an Intel ATom Processor and runs windows 7. Smallest X86 Notebook ever made. Trackball, multitouch display, GPS, wifi, SSD, you name it. pretty cool device. Never had a computer that was sooooo small. Totally love it...

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1370935306.jpg
by Master Kyodai
Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE JUNE 2013 "Yu Suzuki & Shenmue at GDC"

Latest UPDATE: JUNE 2013 (This happened in March)

I actually met with Yu Suzuki again but this time @GDC 2013. (about 2 months ago)

And here are two pictures we got together :D

Pic 2

http://t.co/hZbRUWytGv

Pic 1

http://t.co/hZbRUWytGv

GDC 2013 is the same event as he met with Marc Cerny (perhaps, later on in the afternoon cuz we met at noon),

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cerny

For those who don't know (I know you know): Marc Cerny is lead architect of the Sony PlayStation 4 & the one who interviewd Yu back in GDC11 and he's a genius as well.

How we met?

I was doing my visit @GDC and had NO IDEA that Yu Suzuki might come to GDC 13,
so I was wondering around that I suddenly saw a familiar face @ a booth (he was almost invisible) xD
I waited for him to finish his visit while asking from the lady @the next booth to PLEASE GET READY TO TAKE OUR PIC!
She was like, who's he? I was like he's a GOD of gaming! (later after he left and She found out who was he, she said

"Oh, I love Virtua Cop" xD

She said Ok!, so Yu suddenly saw me xD AND remembered me from GDC11,

I was like Hello Suzuki san, I am Ali, long time no see!
He said, Oh! Hi, yes long time no see!

Sorry guys, can't remember the exact every line of our short conversation but anyhow:

I was like WOW! we didn't know you coming this year (especially after his GDC12 absence).
I was shocked to be able to find him accidentally between so many people!
I immediately asked him can we have a picture :)

So, that lady at the next booth took our picture and then I talked to Yu,

Like how are you doing?, when did you arrive?
He was I arrived just now in the city and I'm hungry xD
I'm glad that I met you again, we look forward your new games...we will be waiting.
(I think I mentioned that I still have his biz card from back in GDC11 too but I am sure he remembers)

Anyways, I told him once again, it was very nice to see him, and wish him good luck.

So I let him go to rest and eat *however he continued visiting the expo" :D

Funny how,

later on within half an hour I bumped into Hideo Kojima as well (AGAIN just like GDC11),
this was like a repeat of history! xD

However, I spotted Kojima when he came out from back of his GDC booth suddenly xD and while he was running for a sec, he went eye to eye with me, LMFAO xD I know he's even busier that Yu with all that MGS V, Fox Engine & etc flying around, so I didn't even bother to get any close to him till next time.

Well, after all , GDC is a biz event, not a fan event.

The day after, I saw Yu Suzuki and Cerny's pictures in media,
so I decided to do not post my meeting with him here, until I back to Dojo again cuz I knew you know he's been @GDC13.

My personal thoughts on the current Yu Suzuki and Shenmue's feature

All I know is Yu Suzuki is back, and making games, he just released his latest game on iTunes & Google App store (if you check his growing studio's web page http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/ you can find it and don't forget to get his game somehow and give it a high rank 5/5), here's also a video of the game I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43K6bd7tutQ

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id574368185
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.entag.android.osusume_ninki_kaizoku_10237

But the question is now burning even more:

Has he have made any progress with Marc Cerny or someone from Nintendo or even MS for teaming up with SEGA to finally bring us a Complete Shenmue Experience on PS4 or any other console?

A deal between SEGA and Sony/MS/Nintendo must happen if SEGA doesn't want to tackle this single handed.

I believe SEGA can still pull it off,

They have Team Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) headed by Nagoshi (he was so close to Suzuki back in AM2) along the current SEGA-AM2 (VF, Miku, Ghost Squad, etc...) plus Yu is still an adviser to SEGA,

So he can remain a key role to next Shenmue...

Let's say now that E3 has come and is gone, it's about time for SEGA to decide what console and when, from now on it's gonna be interesting, and I am sure the Shenmue nation won't stop posting on SEGA's social media until they finally do it. :)

My advice to SEGA is:

Don't wait anymore, get that next gen AM2 or Yakuza engine running along team Yakuza making assets and even re-using assets from Yakuza series along whatever is left from Shenmue III Dreamcast (I am sure, there's a none finished Shenmue 3 DC some where, if not what is Niao Sun video?) plus Yu Suzuki and YS NET can supervise along bringing their social media tools (from Shenmue City) to a Shenmue Complete exprience.

GIVE US SHENMUE BACK BY HANDS OF SUZUKI, we will do our best to support Shenmue "TRUST US"

We can make lots of fan art, videos, musics, even fan-made games or write and spread the word about Shenmue more!

GO FOR IT SEGA

"Just make sure, you'll release it on a console that people will actually BUY" and gonna last 5+ years for sure.

Peace,
Alimn

Edit:

I just added some more stuff to this post along adding everything I posted here to the first post of the topic.

I will keep updating the first one and this one if I remember or want to add anything else.

Here's also another mini update that I added to first post (A master link to my edited/named pics from GDC11 & 13)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3CD5E1C0520831A1!208
by alimn
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kowloon Walled City recreated as Arcade in Japan

http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ka14.jpg

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/06/12/kawasakis-digital-kowloon-walled-city/

Every city has its bad parts and areas to avoid, but there’s no denying that these less favorable areas give even the poshest urban centers something to talk about. While Kowloon Walled City no longer exists, its fixture in popular imagination will likely persist for decades, if not centuries.

In 1987, the city housed 33,000 people in 6.5 acres and was largely lawless, though informal social structures naturally emerged among the citizens. The city, as you might expect, has been the inspiration and setting for many fictional works, from books to movies to video games. And, now, it’s provided inspiration for a unique business venture in Japan.

That’s right, Kowloon Walled City now exists in Japan as a game center! Which, when you think about it, is either incredibly fitting or incredibly inappropriate. We’re still not sure which.

The game center, which is called “Digital Kowloon City,” is located in Kawasaki City, just south of Tokyo. Built in the spirit of the original Kowloon Walled City, the game center’s exterior and interior both look horribly rusted and uncared for.
by Ziming
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not ragging on the guy for having a Ferrari I just find it shocking that he get's paid and wonder who is funding his projects. Between Shenmue II and Shenmue City/Gai he had two games canceled and has opened two studios. That Digital Rex or whatever didn't even show anything that they was working on and people didn't even know they closed down until years later. Around the time of Shenmue Online we would go years without even hearing from or about the guy.

He had some producer credit on an arcade racing game but I can't imagine he actually did much. It's a shame as the guy was a pioneer but from the interviews he did around the time of Shenmue City it seemed like people just let him walk around the office doing nothing. He talked about always coming up with ideas but they always got shot down.

I'm amazed that he never left SEGA for another company. I know Japanese people are usually very loyal to a company but we've seen plenty of big name Japanese developers go and start up their own studios. From what I understand YS Net is still owned by SEGA.

I'd just love to see his Facebook profile to see his jobs over the last 10 years to know what his actually been up to.
by Riku Rose
Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iwao's Scroll | Welcome Edition

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/news/news_iwao.jpg

"This ongoing feature’s objective is to facilitate discussion and analysis of a variety of elements and topics regarding the Shenmue series and its respective community. The scroll will also serve to report on news and rumors regarding the series’ future. Additionally, the scroll will also highlight the efforts of those within the community who keep the essence of the series alive in their own creative endeavors.

To be published on a monthly basis , the scroll will focus on a given number of topics regarding thematic and stylistic details of the series. Areas of discussion can include: specific moments within each game and player reactions, emotional attachments to certain characters, reactions to respective musical arrangements, and the treatment of the real-life locations within the series."

The scroll can be found within the Extra Features section under the 2010+ category. Please use the all announcement threads (such as this one) to discuss each feature respectively.

View Feature | Article by: Sean
by Yama
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

Hey Guys, I have to remove this post because I'm writing an article with this information for a magazine. Now I'm in contact with shengoro86 on Facebook so I'll liaise with him with updates. When I get the rest of the interview questions back and write the article I'll message back and let everyone know when it'll be out.

If you want to know anything email me: [email protected]
by Screenwriter_Adam
Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally got married. Not always easy. But then again I'm getting too old to like the idea of dieing alone.
by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: Kate Upton

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Finds

Can you spot Iwao?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/RgR2RgthWWE
I once read there was something Dreamcast related in the video, but I never knew Shenmue scenes were displayed. I used to hear this song all the time and I'm sure I saw the music video quite a bit, but never noticed Shenmue! I still didn't notice Shenmue yesterday when I watched the video after all these years. I was looking for a Dreamcast. :lol: After watching it, I saw on Wikipedia that Shenmue scenes are in it. I'm not completely surprised I didn't notice yesterday because of the bad quality of the video. It was hard to find the scenes when I knew Shenmue was in it.
by _StreetSonic_
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Favorite Game Developers

Naughty Dog has easily become one of my favorite developers. My favorite of this gen.
Mikami and his team were great and looks like The Evil Within will bring it back in a big way.
Sega-AM2 with Suzuki was ofcourse classic.
Square before Enix. Although I still like Square-Enix despite the hate.
Q Games who make the Pixel Junk series of games on PSN I also hold in high regard. Im friends with the CEO on Facebook and we've chatted every once in awhile. Great guy.
Bungie. Ya Halo is good stuff. Looking forward to Destiny.
Atlus is gold.
From Software is gold.
Rockstar is pretty incredible these days.
Konami is still great. Although I think they peaked with MGS3. Really looking forward to 5 though.
by Axm
Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Game Developers

AM2 for sure. Mostly when Suzuki was there. But even after his departure they have remained strong. Probably the only developer i can honestly say has never made a game i dislike (though i have yet to play VF Quest).

Am1
Team Ryu Ga Gotoku (or whatever they call themselves...)
Team Ninja (they were best with Itagaki, but are still strong since reforming)
Sumo Digital
Smilebit/Andromeda(rip)
Core Design (rip)
Rebellion
Falcom(mostly just for Ys 1-3)
Capcom(when Mikami & Inafune were making RE. But i like most of the company's dc stuff)
Platinum Games
Crazy Games/Climax Graphics(rip)
Crystal Dynamics
EA in the early 90s(rip)
New World Computing(rip)
id
Starbreeze

Sure i'm missing some, but those are the main ones i follow.
by Ri_oh
Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki: Project Berkley - English Subtitled -

http://i.imgur.com/ELyNCBA.jpg
Project Berkley is a bonus GD-ROM that was included with Virtua Fighter 3TB, and released alongside the Dreamcast in Japan 15 years ago. (November 27, 1998)

The video has Yu Suzuki talking about his older arcade games and the concepts behind creating a game like Shenmue. It reveals early pre-rendered footage, character artwork, and full 3d busts of the main characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu86tlnFLVE

English translation by Rakim
by Ziming
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Giving up smoking

I have been off cigs for over 2 and a half years now, after smoking for 8. Wow, what a blessing it really is, once you are finally over the withdrawls and physical/mental struggles, you feel better than you ahve felt in a long while, you feel much healthier and your body just feels clearer (and it should because there arent a bunch of extra toxins running through it). I weined myself down and quit cold turkey, but I had many physical pains in the process and it was so bad just thinking about that pain makes me never wanna touch a cig ever again, no way am I putting myself through that again. Just tough it out man, thats what I did, although Im sure im a rare case that actually succeeded with that method, but im just that awesome.
by AnimeGamer183
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Giving up smoking

Stocke wrote: You mentioned cutting back on the drink too a while ago. Hows that working out if you don't mind me asking?

Definitely cut down on the drinking to help quit smoking. If you drink you can never really quit smoking for good. And if you can, you're a harder man than I..
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AM2's *other* gigantic fighting game is 20 years old!

http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/20th_logo.png

http://youtu.be/Rss2zdOAaa8

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/strscrm2006/ShenmueLanDi-VFLauChan.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBkWmMawVzA&feature=share&list=PL248B4B877F6157AA&index=34

:king:
by LishaoGPK
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2Pac and Suge Knight playing Sonic 2 for Sega Genesis:

by Rakim
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Looking Broads

KUTSUNA Shiori

Kawaii english speaking skills
phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't get me started on Yura

by Nahovil
Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yura v Bora?

Yura

by Nahovil
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree, Thief.

Round 2

http://yellowslugreviews.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/yura-expecation-live-gif.gif

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/57353418/large.png

http://i.minus.com/ibsk00ztC9CYzw.gif

http://cfile6.uf.tistory.com/image/254B643651C077611E5636
by Nahovil
Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

phpBB [video]
by wude
Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

@Crimson Ryan How are you liking the Z1 Compact? Looking to get rid of my iPhone 5S, but heard because of the waterproofing the Z1 compacts speaker isn't that good. Also any other disadvantages?
Cheers
Haven't heard any negatives about that from reviews. From my own experience, the speakers are loud and clear.

It's one of the best phones Sony have made so far. Perfect for one-handed use and doesn't fill your pockets. Don't think of it as a miniature Z1 because there's no drop in terms of specs. It's a Z1 in a smaller, compact package.

I've never owned an iPhone but I've used an iPad for the past two years and I'm already a bigger fan of Android than iOS.

Being a part of the Z flagship line it'll also be upgraded to KitKat. Also heavily integrated with Sony's ecosystem including PlayStation and Video Unlimited.

I got mine for £449 with a SmartWatch 2, but prices have already dropped under the RRP.
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's the big day today. Moving back to Japan.
Everything is in order. What an ordeal it is sell off, get rid of, cancel and move things when you're married.
I'll be leaving at midnight tonight. Be in Tokyo for a few days and then back down to my "home" town in Kyushu. Then finding a 1 or 2 LDK in a town outside Fukuoka called Yanagawa. That'll be my home for a couple years and where I work. Then ill probably move into Fukuoka city.

Thinking to do video's about my life and small things. Not the mostly pretentious kind you find on YouTube where they try to teach you about Japan but just more in general about what my situation is in life. Mostly for family and friends but ill probably post them up here too. Thinking of maybe doing one today. Just a short little thing in the airport to kick it off.
by Axm
Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

The final verse on Me Against the World>>>the rest of hip hop

phpBB [video]
by Rakim
Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought id share some pics ive taken of my home town Sasebo while im on the train to Fukuoka atm.
View from the train.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/ry4ypa5a.jpg

Pretty good ramen place I used to eat at alot back in '06-08
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/eru7ybu9.jpg

This cat was hunting after a crow for awhile until it noticed me watching it.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/seme8era.jpg

This guy was chanting for abit so I made him e-famous.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/nu8a3e6e.jpg

Some classic "peace peace my name is kotaro" action.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/najapaqa.jpg
by Axm
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why are you being such a jobsworth? It's not up to the regular members to ask for other members to be banned.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have absolutely no idea how 4chan works...
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can't find a certain shenmue music name...

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic