Search found 503 matches

Return

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Hello,

I always end up here so finally decided to stop the lurking. I love coffee, Shenmue and anime. I play games on all platforms, but the Dreamcast and PC are my main weapons.
by Raithos
Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but today is a GREAT day! While I was at Gamestop picking up Dragon's Crown, my friend called me. She's taking a job out of state and is getting rid of some of her collection to make the move easier. I was short on cash in 2000 (broke freshman) and sold her a game for $25 and used it to pay off Skies of Arcadia. She sold it back to me today for... $25 \:D/ my original copy is back in my hands after all these years!

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/872013_zpsa427d16c.jpg
by Raithos
Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After getting cancellation emails from both Namco and Newegg yesterday afternoon then crying myself to sleep last night, my CE showed up literally 30 minutes ago. The latest I have ever had a package delivered. I just opened mine and saw this. I did not know they were going to be numbered. Does anyone know how many they made? And if you picked up the CE, what number did you get? Tales being one of my two favorite series I was honestly sad when I thought I wouldn't get mine lol

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/talesCE507_zpsf39ae51b.jpg
by Raithos
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found a new copy for $30 and snatched it up. One of the few Saturn titles I never played. Unlike most people I absolutely love Saturn cases and this has got to be the coolest 2 disc case ever. Cool feeling when you open a 17 yr old game.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/NewDsaturn_zps67413e47.jpg
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/NewDsaturn2_zps1572b6da.jpg
by Raithos
Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games With A Snowy/Winter Atmosphere!

phpBB [video]
by Raithos
Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U 299$,new 3Ds called 2DS and Wii U Wind Waker bund

Thief wrote: Is there any new content besides the ability to sail faster and an additional difficulty level?

Sadly no, not that I am aware of anyway. I wish there was though, hopefully they will sneak a new dungeon or something in there with out telling anyone. We can hope anyway.
by Raithos
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

To celebrate the DC's birthday I've been playing PSO for the past few hours. It served as a reminder that PSO2 is STILL not over here. Yeah I have played with the "English patch" but it isn't as good as it sounds. Better than nothing, but you just can't fully enjoy a game like PSO2 with it not being in your native tongue. I want to play the hell out of the game and give them my money, but I can't. SEGA makes me ](*,)
by Raithos
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dragon Slayer-Legend of Heroes-TITS series

A wise man once said...

"I love Tits for a lot of reasons. The size, the feel, there are so many reasons, but there are two points that seem to stand out to me."
by Raithos
Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you ever play Blue Burst on SCHTHACK, Raithos? I'm always down for a game of PSO if you ever wanna do a run or something. I can also play the Gamecube SCHTHACK version online... if you can too... :P

Nah as lame as it sounds I was playing offline lol still fun though. Purely for nostalgia yesterday. I haven't been online with my DC in about 2-3 yrs since my BBA bit the dust. Never had any luck with the dial up modem since then. But I see 29 people are online on SCHTHACK right now. I will make an account there this weekend and see what I can do about getting online. It would be awesome to make some runs!
by Raithos
Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

I'm down for a GTA where I play as a hot female cop turned bank robber. I would do nothing but rob banks, go to strip clubs and pick up hookers, then go and clam stamp fools after I beat them down with a bat for looking at me wrong.
by Raithos
Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was a fun game on Wii, and it's even better on the Vita. I was just going to boot it up just to see how it played, and ended up not moving for the next three hours lol It looks so good on the OLED

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/2013-09-09_20-28-08_69_zpsa182368b.jpg
by Raithos
Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steam Boxes using Steam OS announced

At the moment it appears you need a PC to 'stream' Windows based games to the Steambox, which defeats some of the purpose. But if they can start porting the Steam library to run stand-alone on it, they may be on to something. For the first time in decades, maybe you'll be able to ditch Windows and still do PC gaming.

I really dislike the Windows 8 UI and like all its predecessors, it's still a bloated resource hog. I'd like to move away from Microsoft OS, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way but still need Windows to run games and other applications.

It's too soon to pass judgement (no pricing or specs yet) but I think it's promising.

Nah, windows 7 uses about 10% of the systems resources (unless its a very low spec laptop or something). Same as the consoles, just sitting on the dashboard or XMB screen you are using around the same if not more because they are basically super low spec PC's with their own OS built in. I mean I stream music while I play BF3 and might have something downloading and never go above 35% of all resources being used (except GPU of course). Windows is still a pain just pointing that out. I mean isn't the ps4 said to have 8gb of ram, but 3.5 of that is dedicated to the OS right? That's almost 50%. I wish we didn't have to deal with Windows, but it's the backbone of almost every PC game out there. And is light years ahead of all other options, for now at least.

Best thing for people to do, is build a real pc. Something mid range, and set it next to their TV and hook it up with VGA/HDMI. they would be able to play games sitting on their couch, and still use it as a PC too. I do agree windows 8 is horrible though. I've never seen such a mess. It's almost worse than Windows ME was. When I build for people, I do my best to stress to them newest isn't always the best, to stay clear of windows 8.
by Raithos
Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steam Boxes using Steam OS announced

I guess its a good alternative for existing PC gamers but I cant see this taking off outside of that. If it does then we'll have quite a mess of consoles on our hands.

I honestly don't think many current PC gamers would go for this. I mean if you already have a PC capable of playing the games you want, Steams Big Picture mode and game pad support are already there. VGA/HDMI to the TV and you're all set. But if it was 1-2 years ago, it would have definitely made sense to a lot of console exclusive gamers who wanted an easy way to have access to PC only games. But not now with the launch of next gen consoles and the indie scene starting to explode on PSN I doubt it.
by Raithos
Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice, I wanted to get the club Namco Edition with the statue but couldn't talk myself into dropping that kind of cash on it. $150 is a bit much. Game looks great though that's for damn sure
by Raithos
Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beyond Two Souls

I know some people here frown on buying from Gamestop for whatever reason, but I just canceled my Amazon pre-order and moved it to Gamestop. For the same price as the regular edition, you get the special edition with a steel book and soundtrack. Just FYI
by Raithos
Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah there was no thought to it, I felt the rage and the next thing I know my control was singing
phpBB [video]

To its credit, it bounced a hell of a lot higher than I though a plastic control could
by Raithos
Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Offline. Was trying to get "The Great Rescuer" trophy in Z.O.E. 2 HD. On the second SOS mission you have to fly around in this huge battle and protect 40 LEV units from getting destroyed to get SS rank. Something I've done before many times back on PS2. I tried for about 3 hours and always kept 39 alive with one dying. Well I finally managed to fight through all waves, and I had one unit in SOS mode and to get them healed you have to mark them with the GEYSER weapon. Well I ran out of sub weapon energy and couldn't heal him, and the VERY last enemy swooped in and killed him. Before I knew it my control was traveling at light speed toward the ground. I was sad immediately after it left my hand lol
by Raithos
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

My guy was out of the good stuff today. all he had left was this strain called "normal weed" I told him it was more commonly known as "better than nothing"
by Raithos
Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

And friends of mine wonder why I got my concealed license and carry. They just don't understand. We have that same bs go on here in Houston all the time. Too many times I've seen local "biker clubs" harassing people for no reason. And almost every time it's a someone alone or an older couple who were just minding their own business. They cruise 610 every weekend. Stop in front of me on the highway, and surround my truck and I would hit the gas too. I mean 30 or 40 to 1 is BS. And if they were to catch up, little do they know I got 17+1 friends waiting for them.
http://youtu.be/lQkpes3dgzg
by Raithos
Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

Just hit level 80, found all the mystical jewels and about to beat the secret dungeons final boss tomorrow.

Brilliant game, had a blast with it. Very excited for Xillia 2 now, shame it's so far away.

*spoiler about final boss*
Played through the whole game on moderate, and fought the final boss at around level 60-65 or so. Fought them for a good hour, and could not take out Muzet. Her healing is insane, stopping me from killing her or Gauis. I reluctantly turned it down to normal, and it became incredibly easy. Hardest Tales Of final boss to date. Gonna give it another shot once i take the golden knight down.

Hope you guys enjoyed the game as much as me.

I enjoyed it tremendously. I played it on hard and was very surprised/disappointed there was no trophy for it after I spent and hour and twenty five minutes on the final battle. I kept waiting for the "Dude, you beat this shit on HARD!" trophy to pop but it never did LOL

*serious spoilers, you've been warned*
You're right, that was the hardest Tales of final boss ever. So I killed Muzet about 35 minutes or so into it, and I started throwing everything I had at Gauis and then BAM some how she used an arte called Recall I think, and brought herself back to life. They would then go on these two minute spam fests and I could do nothing but watch as my party's life drained away. Very satisfying when I finally beat them though.

It was a great ending, but sort of sad too. Being as they found a solution to all their problems it didn't have to end with Milla staying a spirit. She could of returned as a human, especially after her and Jude basically admitted how they felt at the end when they held hands. It definately has me excited for ToX2, I can't stop wondering about all the possibilities.
by Raithos
Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Box is damaged quite bit (top right corners were smashed, and a gnarly rip on the side), but I was the only one who preordered so it's the only one they had. Have to check back Monday to see if they got any more in. For now this is mine lol sucks I can't play it till then cause it has to be sealed for the exchange. http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/2013-10-04_17-28-49_265_zpsca88fa90.jpg?t=1380840725
by Raithos
Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's pretty awesome either way. I hadn't been paying close attention to its release at all (being that I don't own a WiiU), but I didn't know there was a snazzy collector's edition like that, much less that it has a figure of Ganon in his good old Wind Waker design. That's really cool.

Yeah I think it's pretty nice. It was only 10 bucks more than the regular edition (59.99 vs 49.99). They called me this morning and I already exchanged it for one not beat up. The cover art is a shiny gold foil design. My phone sucks so when I try to snap a pic its just one big glare lol.
by Raithos
Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please can someone reccomend me some good 2 player DC games.

Like MVC2, VF3,

Last Blade 2
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Capcom vs Snk
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
DoA2
Giga Wing
Ikaruga

The last two aren't fighting game like you asked for, but they are rediculously fun 2 player shmups that have endless replay value.
by Raithos
Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Picked up the new movie staring Ellie from The Last of Us. About to give it a watch.
by Raithos
Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I think the guy playing the demo made it look worse than it is, no metal gear fan would go on a rampage like that unless it was a second play through lol. Besides the regenerating health (not a fan of this at all, but far from a deal breaker) not a lot of the actual gameplay mechanics have changed, looks like they just built upon and expanded the style of game play from MGS4. You still have the stealth option, or you can go postal on everyone just like before. It looks like the natural evolution I would hope to get from a series of this caliber, not a copy and paste of the same game with a new name. That's one of the things I love of about Kojima's work.

wow, I've just watched that video :sad: What did I just watch? It was like World War 3 broke out towards the end, and Snake was single-handedly murdering, blowing up, and running over everybody.

That's the only thing Jack Bauer knows how to do!
by Raithos
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HAHA, fucking dancing bronies n shit.

There would definitely be arm wrestling.
by Raithos
Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beyond Two Souls

I really like it, but I knew exactly what kind of game to expect from their previous titles. I can understand if the demo turned people off though, its completely random and leaves you saying "what the hell." But the gameplay was definitely what I expected, and works rather well the way they have implemented the controls now. I go through the scenes not even thinking about the actions and just do them. Honestly feels more fluid than the demo, even the same scenes.

But I think people are looking at the game wrong to be honest. It seems like a lot including some reviewers are mentioning the story as a downside, that it's either dull or confusing. To me they are missing the big picture, Jodie IS the story. There is a "main arc" so to speak, but she's the focus. You get to see how one event affects this girl from the day she is born. I've played for around 10 hours now (I know, I'm hooked) and you learn everything there is to know about her, by actually seeing it play out. It jumps around but it all makes sense if you pay attention to the details from one scene to the next, and watch all the flashbacks you can. You see her at sanity's end when shes older in one scene, then as an innocent youth the next. For me that makes each part of the game have a deeper impact. But I know that won't be the case for everyone, and that's OK. I feel this game is one of those where you either love it or hate it.

Beyond: Two Souls is science fiction to the bone, and I love it.
by Raithos
Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pokémon comes out tomorrow. I had originally pre-ordered it from Amazon -- but apparently because of the weekend holiday they won't be sending it out until the 17th... canceled my pre-order and just went into GameStop. There's no way I'm waiting close to a week for the new Pokémon Generation.

Haven't played one since silver/gold. Been looking at 3DS's for the past month or so trying to talk myself into buying another one. Went through 3 at launch and neither one worked for more than a few days so I gave up. Just saw this and it really makes me want to pick up one up and become a pokemaster again

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/8494/mistycosplay6.jpg
by Raithos
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that's the main thing I don't like about the Vita. I see why they did it, but it still sucks. I have all three of my accounts on my PS3/PSP but only my US account on my Vita. Would be nice to be able to switch between them. Never played Innocent Sin, but Xenogears is worth the money. I love playing PSONE classics on PSP/VITA, they just seem so crisp and vibrant on those little screens. Xenogears, Alundra, SotN and about 15 others are on my Memory stick at all times.
by Raithos
Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't know Ryudo was a brony
by Raithos
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just watched a video of it. That game definitely had influence on Divinity II (I never played first so idk about that one) you might want to check it out. It's more of an RPG but same basic play style. I might try to find a copy Drakan some day and give it a play.
by Raithos
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dat Xenoblade... more than enough reason to own a Wii.
by Raithos
Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont think some of you understand, there is no guarantee i can get one of the 3ds at target, it will be black friday they might sell out before I can even get one, my pre-order is guranteed.

Nah we do understand, but if money is tight then I would go the cheapest route or not go it at all to be honest. Like MiTT3NZ said, if it could possibly impact living costs or your holiday buying for others don't do it. The Zelda one is functionally no different than the regular 3DS XL, than you can possibly get for much cheaper. I am going to wake up, smoke down, fill my thermos with coffee and head to Target blitzed and try to get my own 3DS XL for cheap. If I don't manage to get one then, I would rather pay 240 later (maybe cheaper) for my color of choice plus a physical game, then pay 220 for a gold one and a digital copy of a Zelda title and possibly be hurting for money. Plus look how long the 3DS has been out, they were everywhere last year on Black Friday. This year should hopefully be no different.

That's just my two Gil.
by Raithos
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh no, I was saying Killzone was different, as in 1080p right off the bat, since it was made specifically for the platform. Where as BF4 was made for 3 different platforms, no actually 5 (ps3/360/ps4/xbone/pc) So it will be harder for them to fully optimize it for all 5 at once. One or more will always suffer. In that case PS3/360 got the worst (720p 30fps), where PS4/XBONE/PC all run at least 60fps on high settings.

Killzone is only 24 player max. The Frostbite 3 engine in particular is very demanding on the CPU which is why I made the comment earlier about future EA games. My 3570k is overclocked to 4.7Ghz, and during 64 player matches I get usage of 80-95% on all cores. But the actual CPU processing power of the consoles isn't as strong and they were hitting the limit quick. So to offset the processing power being used to run the game at high visual settings (which it is def on par with PC's) in 64 man battles they toned down the resolution to 720p and ensured a rock solid 60fps. Dropping the resolution from 1080p to 720p usually nets you a gain of 20-30 frames depending on the game. I watched an interview with johan andersson the technical director on Frostbite where he explained why they made the choices they did on the new consoles. He said it was either that or turn down the player count and they didn't want to do that.

Activision on the other hand has no excuse with Ghosts. There's no reason for it to be 720p when its the same engine being used on a more powerful hardware than ever before. That was just laziness on their part.

Yeah I agree on the yearly sequels, it's hurting the whole industry, especially the new consoles. Seems like no matter what it is these days you can expect a new one every year. And instead of new ideas being worked production resources get wasted on churning out the same game with a new story because people keep buying them lol. I'm guilty of it myself.
by Raithos
Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been waiting on this for awhile now. Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Edition. Was the 25th Anniversary Edition in Japan, not sure why they changed it to Silver Edition for the English versions. Cloth map. Three disc collection of music from the entire series. Full color "Adol's Travel Journal" with art, strategies and a manual rolled into one. And a compass with the game logo on it. Which, to my surprise, actually works. http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/2013-11-26_15-59-16_163_zps5434e6da.jpg

Back of soundtrack http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/RA1TH0S/2013-11-26_16-05-47_471_zpsefca6730.jpg
by Raithos
Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Picked up Shadownrun Returns for $12 bucks on Steam. Just played for 5 hours straight, fun game.
by Raithos
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Target sale was a success. Too many people so I didn't check out what games they had in stock. Off to the eShop I go :D
by Raithos
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Neverland (dev of Lufia series, Rune Factory series) Clo

That sucks. Record of Lodoss War is one of my favorite games on DC. Hopefully some of them are able to form a new studio or join other teams.
by Raithos
Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just bought shadowrun returns on the steam sale. tempted to get borderlands 2 or the witcher 2 seeing how cheap they are but I'm not sure when I'll get my gaming PC to be able to play them, ah well hopefully they will still be going for cheap at the next sale

Don't worry, those two seems to go on sale every other month. If not on Steam you can get them for cheap on GMG a lot of the times. I've been having fun with Shadownrun, its like a cross between Blade Runner, Snatcher and a turn based Company of Heroes.
by Raithos
Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blog: What if Shenmue was exclusive to XBox One

Let's not forget we aren't debating facts here, just opinions on what we think. You're missing/ignoring a big part of what I said, as evident in your replies. The past is the best teacher. Japan is a very different market than the rest of the world. Microsoft has tried to woo Japanese gamers with both previous consoles, neither worked. I also think SEGA would be dumb not to accept money from anyone willing to give it to them. PSO2 has still not made it to the US/EU, which proves the Japanese market is SEGA's top priority. Xbox is the worst choice out of the three for it to be any kind of success there. But I will buy it no matter what it's released on, even if it was a low grade version on the Ouya.
by Raithos
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blog: What if Shenmue was exclusive to XBox One

I'm not missing or ignoring anything, I just don't believe those points are relevant to the situation. You're comparing Xbox exclusivity against other (equally) hypothetical scenarios like Playstation exclusivity or a multiformat release. I'm comparing Xbox exclusivity against the actual current scenario of no release at all. And given that direct choice, I see no legitimate reason not to proceed with an Xbox deal if Microsoft were interested.

First, I never said they should NOT do a deal with Microsoft if it was offered. I gave reasons why it would be the worst option vs SONY if they were both on the table. My personal preference would be on another platform and I gave my reasons for that. But that was just that, personal preference. My first reply stated I would be buying another Xbox for it. So you are in fact missing/ignoring things I've said.

Second, how are my points not relevant to the situation? Everything I said was relevant, some of which was already mentioned in one way or another by others. This topic is about our thoughts of it going to Xbox One so I gave them, along with my reasoning. From the very first reply people have done the same thing I did. You have made it clear you don't care what it comes out on, to say the points I brought up aren't relevant is absurd. The thread isn't "SIII on Xbox One or not at all?" This topic would not exist if that were the case.

You realize that even without the deal Shenmue II on the Dreamcast would have been in Japanese rather than English. You could have also imported the pal version if you wanted to play it that much.

I did, I got it about two weeks after release from http://www.gexpress.com like I did all my others PAL/JAP copies of SI/II. I just prefer to have US copies in my collection. So the only way to have a US version of the game was on Xbox, we didn't get in on DC like everyone else did. Sorry for the confusion when I say in English.
by Raithos
Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OL, they have those sets new/sealed on eBay for a lot cheaper. Been seeing them around $150 or so the past few days
by Raithos
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic