Search found 503 matches

Return

Re: A quick and simple favor.

Site looks great. Good luck with the event!
by Raithos
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

We might be getting Tales of Hearts on the vita. Hope its true!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/14/ ... oming-west
by Raithos
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbox One

As for "focus should be on the games rather than the tech"... that makes zero sense from a technical perspective.

So, if your job is to sell a new console, what are you gonna do? "Well, we sell a console that plays the exact same games as that other one, except for X Y & Z... they're awesome, check em out!"

No, that's retarded.

But there are two different perspectives to consider. I know everyone is different, but that is exactly what sells me on a console. Exclusives I can't get anywhere else. If I want cutting edge tech I go to my PC that's been doing everything these new consoles can, and has been for years. That's why I loved the original Xbox. Games like Otogi 1+2, GunValkyrie, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, KoToR 1+2 (also on PC but exclusives console wise), Steel Battalion, Phantom Dust, Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders and the list goes on and on. But the 360? Hated it, hardware failures aside, I had Tales of Vesperia... nothing else I even remotely cared about. I had the better version of Star Ocean 4 on PS3. Fable 3/ME1 played/looked better on PC, it becomes a broken record after that lol. Without good exclusives, why even consider a weaker machine? If they play the same games that is. There are soooo many people that buy consoles based purely on the games. Those are the people who could care less about 720 vs 1080, 30fps vs 60fps. If the game is good they'll buy it. I know the tech matters to a lot of people, and it should to a certain degree, but that doesn't mean they should concentrate any less on developing/publishing exclusives that could sway people to their console over another. On that note, the list Henry posted of possible support the X1 is getting when it launches in Japan totally shows they care equally about the games this time around. I'm interested to see what titles show up on it now. First bit of interest I've had in the X1 since it was announced. Not saying features and tech aren't important, but games should always be the number one priority for a console.
by Raithos
Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

You can beat the first one in about a day. It's less than 10 hours long if I remember correctly. I know you know the new one is a prequel so it won't matter that much, but beating the first game will make you appreciate the new one more. Seeing how far they have (hopefully) evolved. I had planned to finish pt 2, its been sitting beside my PS2 since I ordered 3 but never got around to it because of work and other things.
by Raithos
Thu May 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Godzilla (2014).

FUCK this FUCKING MOVIE.

How the FUCK do you make the Matthew Broderick movie look like Casa - FUCKING - blanca by comparison?!

I mean, fucking, GAAAAAAAHHH!!!

No way dude lol, the 1998 film was utter trash from beginning to end. Godzilla (2014) is a love to letter to everyone who grew up watching Godzilla, Gamera, Daimajin, etc. There are so many easter eggs and references to them that it blew my mind. The people behind this film knew the source material and did is justice. The only real low part was the acting done by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, it was really really bad, but these movies were never about trying to win an Oscar for a screen play or performance. Not sure what is was you were expecting to see.
by Raithos
Sat May 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh OK yeah I know what you mean. Borderlands is bad about that, even having it on an SSD doesn't help. And although it used id Tech 5 engine, Rage was the worlds worst about not loading textures quick enough. Fun game, but that definitely took away from the immersion factor.
by Raithos
Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I used to watch his collection videos until I realized he doesn't play even half of what he owns. Every other line was "I actually haven't played this game yet... I don't think I ever got around to playing this one but its one of the better titles on the system... I bought this one because I always hear great things about the series, but I haven't given it a chance yet.... This game is unique because XXX, I need to dig into it one day."

I have way more respect for the smaller YouTube channels I'm subbed too, where the person has 150 (Pokemon!) titles or less, but can passionately tell you everything they loved or hated about it and why.
by Raithos
Thu May 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 Excitement?

AnimeGamer183 wrote: My most anticipated game at E3 is X for Wii U.

Same here. There's not much else I'm looking forward to, other than things we have tons of details on already and Persona 5.
by Raithos
Sat May 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool thing is it doesn't require steam or origin, so even if you buy the used one it should work. I buy physical if they don't require a third party launcher like Steam or Origin (Dragon Age: Origins, Witcher 2, Oblivion, STALKER). But I don't usually buy games based on worth. You have to remember, console games weren't worth the prices they are now just a few years ago, with the exception of a few really rare titles. Prices didn't shoot through the roof until the past couple years due to the whole retro bandwagon everyone jumped on lately. In 2011 I bought a second copy of Chrono Trigger for my brother since he always borrowed mine, for $65 bucks plus shipping on eBay. Box manual and everything. Nowadays just the cart alone goes for that much if not more. It's ridiculous how the prices have been driven up due to these so called collectors that don't even play the damn things.
by Raithos
Sat May 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Shenmue 3>DC2

Kenny wrote:Sad thing about that is even I found the second half of that funny.

I lol'ed pretty hard because its true the chances of someone stopping that is slim to none. Most people would slow down and get a good laugh before moving on.
by Raithos
Sun May 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it's sad that the last demo uploaded to the Wii-U eShop was for Sonic Lost World, which released nearly 7 months ago.
by Raithos
Sat May 31, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was actually really fun to play. Sort of a cross between Sonic Adventure and Mario Galaxy. Level design was great, controls were tight, and it looked awesome on top of that. I don't remember hearing if it sold well or not though.
by Raithos
Sat May 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Was feeling bad for my Wii-U so just went and picked this up. Haven't owned a Mario Kart since double dash
by Raithos
Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was sure I knew how to play Mario Kart, then I saw this

phpBB [video]
by Raithos
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Akira

It was a heavy influence on him as far as there being a princess saved whose home is gone and the companions, but he's even said he exaggerated it in the past. I love the Hidden Fortress, one of Kurosawa's most enjoyable movies. But Star Wars isn't a western version of it by any means. I tried finding a video of one of the special features interviews but could only find this.

“I remember the one thing that really struck me about The Hidden Fortress,” he said, “the one thing I was really intrigued by, was the fact that the story was told from the two lowest characters. I decided that would be a nice way to tell the Star Wars story. Take the two lowliest characters, as Kurosawa did, and tell the story from their point of view. Which, in the Star Wars case is the two droids, and that was the strongest influence. The fact that there was a princess trying to get through enemy lines was more of a coincidence than anything else. In my film, the princess is more of a stand-and-fight kind of princess. In the beginning, in one of the first drafts, I did have a little bit more of her and a Jedi, an older Jedi, trying to escape, but then it evolved into the story of Luke.”

The actual filming of it is where the two seem more akin, from the angles of each shot to the way he transitions between them. I think he captured the feel of the movie more so than anything. Its really awesome to watch The Hidden Fortress then episode IV back to back, you can notice a ton of it that way. There was one shootout scene my grandpa used to tell me "They took that straight out of (some old western)" but I can't remember what it was. He showed it to me once and it was almost identical.
by Raithos
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hardware and Techniques for Video Capturing / Screenshot

OL would be the person to help you for sure, he makes videos of games on older systems and they look great.
by Raithos
Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah OL, that was the funniest part of the episode. After she left and he leaned on the door going "YEESSSS" after getting possibly the worst kiss I've ever seen on television, from a girl hes ALREADY slept with before lol. He's one of my favorite stand up comedians. "Louie" has a natural, real life vibe to it that most TV shows only dream of.

"You know what's happier than a three legged dog? A dog with four legs."
by Raithos
Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official E3 2014 Topic

Nintendo has by FAR the most games I want. Great stuff coming out on both X1 and PS4 too, but I only felt real excitement seeing the Nintendo titles. Hopefully they show more about X at some point. I wish I wasn't at work so I could watch more of the streams :sad:

EDIT: YESSSSSSS

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-xenoblade-chronicles-x-coming-in-2015-2
by Raithos
Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official E3 2014 Topic

But honestly, I feel like X has lost its true Xenoblade quality. I mean those character models just dont really look that good, they seem bland and un original, this is monoliths first HD game and im sure they arent experts on it. Also it seems like some of the artistic style that we saw in the first game has been lost and replaced with alot of metal and mechs, too many. The game looks alot more like Xenosaga, and I think the visual magic that came with the first game has ceased. I was really liking the new direction that they were headed in after playing the first game, and now seems they are reverted back to lots of mechs, space ships, and space in general. Also I would have prefered a set main character and not had the choice to go male or female and customize them, thats just not JRPG to me. Still, I love the other style alot too, some of my most favorite games ever are in this style so I am will still play it and im sure enjoy it. It was just Xenoblade was such a breath of fresh air, not just from a JRPG but from Monoliths usual style for the xeno games, that was a big factor of what made it so special and I wish they had continued more of that. Maybe they can sway opinion once I get my hands on this game.

I don't think it will be too far off from Xenoblade though. Remember the first game play trailer with the vast, lush green world they were piloting the mech around in? The huge world will still be there to explore, as well as the combat and quests im sure. I did love the art style of Xenoblade though, that will be missed, but the switch back to Monolith's roots of SciFi and mechs make sense. Given that Xenoblade was originally "Monado: Beginning of the World" and after seeing the new trailer knowing this one is about preventing the destruction of it, which was hinted at in previous games to happen in the future. Only fitting we have the Tech needed to stop the invasion. I too prefer a set MC, but I think the reason there isn't here is because of the possible online aspect. The early trailer showed 4 players from what I remember. So with the story not being tied to one MC, everyone might be able to play together in squads or something, since the MC looks to be part of some earth defense force of some sort. Makes sense to not tie it down to one MC and force the other 3 to be some random generic toon. This way each person has their own unique personality they've crafted and can drop it and out. I have a feeling there will be some sort of mission base, where you can group up and tackle side quests together and the main story arc will be solo. I could be wrong though, as all of that is just me speculating on what I've seen. I'm sure looking forward to it though. Monolith is one of the few studios I still have 100% faith in. I'm sure we'll be talking about this one a lot in the future lol

http://youtu.be/RGHJvkDw1Ys
by Raithos
Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SINGLE PLAYER GAMER (updated March 29)

I'm actually quite peeved when I see some random sweaty guy wave a game case around telling me why he loves it (no offense to any sweaty guys who wave game cases around and do unboxing vids, you know I love ya....*cough*).

I was eating when I read that. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to finish the bite I had just taken and choked on my sandwich. Kudos!
by Raithos
Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree locking a troll thread then forgetting about it is the proper way to handle these things. Deleting and acting like the stuff never existed is part of the reaction trolls want, along with getting people worked up.

On the other hand, with this one in particular, I could see where someone would want it deleted. I mean this guy was clearly a troll, but people like him do exist. With the amount of global negativity Americans are already viewed with, having garbage like this one on a site people from around the world view would only add to it. But in the end logical people know a troll when they see it, and aren't bothered by them. Which is why I agree with it being locked and forgotten. When you delete things, people have a tendency to recreate them out of spite.
by Raithos
Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am really tempted to buy this. In store purchase would be roughly $433 so I would save almost 75 bucks. And would still have the Sony warranty. Not sure if I should pull the trigger or spend the extra and buy it in store. Just weird how someone is selling it below MSRP with free shipping on top of that. But the person has sold over 800 of them so makes me think its legit, and he has over 49k transactions on eBay, 99% positve feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-4-PS4-500GB-Storage-Black-Video-Game-Console-Brand-New/351092748955?afsrc=1

I hate playing FPS with a control, but I want to play Destiny so bad now that I already put down 5 bucks at Gamestop so I could get the Beta code lol now I just need the console before 7/17 so I can play it.
by Raithos
Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nostalgia City!

I'm 5 years older than my brother, so when we were young (late 80's to early 90's) we preferred playing coop games. It started with Rambo on the master system then to Contra, TMNT the arcade game on NES and so on til this very day with Borderlands 2. But he always loved watching me play RPG's. We would sit for hours on end enthralled by the story, characters and music. We would each pick a party member and read their dialogue out loud so that he would feel included when I played. So the most nostalgic game to me is Secret of Mana. I remember getting it for my birthday, and being floored when we found out it had multiplayer. For the first time we got to go on this grand adventure together, with him fighting at my side. Cheesy I know, but that's how it felt. We got so lost in the story and that bright vivid world, that is was all we talked about for weeks. We've beaten that game so many times over the years that I've lost count. All it takes is one song from that soundtrack, and I'm instantly 10 years old again saving the world with my brother.

http://youtu.be/qmbHFF3iFgs
by Raithos
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting

Just sent some greenbacks your way. Thanks for keeping it going.
by Raithos
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$2.71 on steam flash sale with online coop. Couldn't say no to that!
by Raithos
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Teaser trailer for a Warhammer FPS, I really hope the campaign is coop. Hope we see in game footage soon

phpBB [video]
by Raithos
Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah Space Marine was a lot of fun, totally underrated. The first Warhammer game I played was Space Hulk: Vengeance back on Saturn, a weird fps hybrid, which I thought was its own random game at the time. It wasn't until I got Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War on PC (awesome RTS, more than likely dated as hell) that I realized there was this giant universe built around a table top game. I always wanted to read some of the books but never got around to it. Found out recently there was an animated movie as well, plan on looking into that soon.
by Raithos
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I noticed a shift after Nintendo's E3 Tree-house events, while reading through various articles. Now after the Fatal Frame reveal I bet it will be even more obvious, especially if it gets localized. Give it a years time, and most of the Wii-U haters will pretend they were day one supporters lol. Just like the Gamecube all over again.

I do NOT mean anyone here, but the internet in general. One of the best things about this place is the fact people tend to stick by their opinions.
by Raithos
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I think the SNES was their peak, mainly because of the third party support they had back then. If I made a list of my favorite games from the NES/SNES 90% of them would have Square, Capcom, Enix or Konami attached to them. I've owned all their systems, but starting with the N64 I bought them for Nintendo developed or published titles for the most part. All the developers/series I liked then jumped ship to Sony and its been that way ever since.
I agree the DS is on a whole other level when it comes to handhelds. Well Nintendo in general like you said, but for me the DS in particular forever raised the bar for portable games.
by Raithos
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish Popful Mail wasn't so damn expensive here, its one of the few Falcom games I don't own. Nice pick ups!
by Raithos
Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was great on the go, will be even better seeing it on the big screen lol
by Raithos
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil (REmake) HD Remaster

I guess beggars can't be choosers, but I would of loved to have this one on disc. Can't wait to play it again
by Raithos
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The point is people thought this kind of thing would NEVER happen back in '08 when I said it would happen next gen and look what happened.

To be honest I'm surprised it took this long for consoles to catch up to PC when it comes to digital distribution, because its easy money and the systems have been in place for a while now. Years ago I would be playing various indie titles on Steam and be like "this game would be perfect on PSP" but there wasn't anything like them on PSN. Now more and more indie titles are on PSN/XBL and I can get them on my Vita. They just have to fix their pricing on some of the AAA stuff. Too many titles are full price online but disc versions are 30 or less in the stores. Slowly but surely they are making progress, especially letting people preorder and preload titles on PSN now.
by Raithos
Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is one game you guys have to play before judging AG, its about as far from the typical zombie bandwagon as it can get. I'm tired of all the zombie crap my self, but this game bleeds originality from start to finish. And IMO, the writing was light years beyond Uncharted. The interaction between Joel and Ellie is unmatched, two of my favorite characters of any game last gen. This was no cheap cash in or sell out on their part, the game literally pushed the PS3 to its absolute limits, and showed just how good Naughty Dog can be when they stray from the easy path of sequels. Sony didn't make them design something for the drone masses :lol:. You should try it out man, cheap now on PS3. Or try the 1080p one if you get that PS4. Comes with the DLC and everything. I'll be buying the remastered one right along side my white PS4.
by Raithos
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Intros

phpBB [video]
by Raithos
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That looks so damn cool

edit: I can't believe Rise of the Tomb Raider, a sequel to a multi-platform reboot, is going to be an XB1 exclusive. But I thought this was pretty funny.

by Raithos
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Sonikku wrote: Her.

Very good movie. :) Kind of sad and depressing in way...

"Choke me with that dead cat!"
by Raithos
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

Here ya go, comes out in December. Kind of expensive being as I already have the DVD's and the movie on Blu Ray. I hope they do a better job with the transfer than they did with Samurai Champloo. I bought that slim pack Funimation released and it looks worse than my original DVD box set because some of the colors were over saturated and certain scenes look blurry.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MMOZ1SS/?tag=kotakuamzn-20&ascsubtag=
by Raithos
Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh yeah that looks great. I'm glad they are keeping the original aspect ratio of it too, instead of cropping it. I ordered it once I saw it was still 4:3. Man a soundtrack would be awesome, or at least a cool poster or box instead of a snap case. Some of the newer Funimation releases came with cool packaging like Eureka Seven did, so hopefully they will do this one justice. I'm a huge Sunrise fan in general (Bebop, Ronin Warriors, Gundam, etc.) so hopefully since they bought the distribution rights to most of their catalog we will see some other releases in the future.
by Raithos
Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's Zobiko and Zobio. They're from House of the Dead EX, a game that never got released here.
by Raithos
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That sounds real cool man. Especially if you and the people acting right are enjoying it. Trolls will be there, I'm actually surprised you didn't encounter them the first time. Seems odd there isn't a block button or a way to filter whos in it. Might be something they add later idk.
by Raithos
Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another old school Sunrise release. I'm telling ya man, they're the best.
by Raithos
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic