Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

a 58 seconds video, no E3 ,no 2017 release, and that bad logo being used again and again... and you call that an update?!!
With Mighty No.9, Armikrog, Yooka-Laylee, .. and now Shenmue 3, It looks like Kickstarter might end up being the graveyard of some of the greatest games series ever ...

Yooka-Laylee is good actually.
by JohnBlack
Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

they're the reason why Shenmue III had to go through Kickstarter in the first place

Theyre also the reason why you know about Shenmue at all :P
by JohnBlack
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, someone here posted link to personal website of the one guy, who clearly working for YSnet, and he just finished education and has like super small portfolio.
Mind sharing the link with me or tell me where to find it? I've not seen that so I'd like to have a nose around it.

On-topic though, that doesn't support the claim that anybody who isn't a series veteran is a rookie developer. Skill and experience levels will vary across the studio. An example of one employee does not reflect the whole workforce.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50804&p=1151099#p1151099

You even posted below :)
by JohnBlack
Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

As long as i dont see egypt shenmue font - im fine.
by JohnBlack
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cant believe that there is so much hate on this sega mobile stuff. They made great job porting genesis games, right now i playing comix zone and there is no lags and freezes, works like magic.

I just cant get this SEGA hate, they bring Shenmue to life, spent crazy amount of money and just gave away one of their best IPs.
by JohnBlack
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

So I bought Eternal Ring for PS4 on the Playstation Store a while back, and finally got around to really playing it recently... until I found out that there's an infamous bug in it, held over from PS2 emulation on PS3, which prevents you from passing a certain point early in the game, killing you instantly. Seriously, a game-breaking bug, in the most literal way possible. And in all this time, no one at Sony or Agetech or From Software have done anything to remedy it. They're selling a broken game on PSN with no intention of fixing it.
That's... y'know, pretty bad. Money out the window.
Luckily, I had my PS2 hooked up anyway, and have a physical copy of Eternal Ring for it, so I could play it anyway.
In simplest terms, the game is King's Field-lite. Same setup, same basic style, just a teensy bit brighter and far easier/more accessible. Much shorter than I expected too. It's not a bad game, and it functions well enough. But I don't think anyone will ever accuse it of being among From Software's best. It feels a bit like something that was rushed out just so they could quickly release something, anything for Sony's new console at the time (it originally came out in 2000).
Still a nice enough atmosphere though. It just ain't exactly Dark Souls or Armored Core.

This bug was fixed like a week ago. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6j41gi/eternal_ring_is_patched/
by JohnBlack
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Well.
Lets have our expectations and feelings at real level, so there wont be any disappointment when the game comes out.

Screenshots are pretty much bad, i understand the level of budget this game have, but honestly.
by JohnBlack
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kingdom deliverance proves that shenmue 3 can be masterp

Well, i played the game. And actually its good, but as any kickstarter game its just not like the game you actually go and buy from major company. All this kickstarter games lacks producing. Like you can have a top-level game designer but without good production team, he gonna make a mess, cause a lot of times designers are not really connected to end-users and they just do what they want and thats a producers work to polish everything and do right decisions to make great end-product.

And thats how this game feels. There are like 20 moments where i was like "ok, this is awful but hey, this is kickstarter game, what to expect!". And this is all about it, when there is a bug and someone talks about it on forum, one can get answers like "Dont cry, this is kickstarter game, they dont have budget for this!". I dont even mention mac version, promised on kickstarter and now they just forget about it, at least they offer refunds for people who pledged for mac version.
by JohnBlack
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This game constantly fails to amaze me...

Probably its better for moderators to delete such threads and messages. Just because there is so much ppl pushing videos about shenmue and posting it here to get views.
by JohnBlack
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic