Search found 979 matches

Return

Re: Jet Set Radio on XBLA and PSN

This is one of those games thats most deserving of a native HD port. So much eye candy and the music is so on point.
by Axm
Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally got my Shenmue tattoo

Peter its frikin amazing man. Looks great. Its exactly what I would have got if I got a tattoo. Thats real dedication there homie. I applaud you.
by Axm
Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's peanut butter and Axm time.

south carmain wrote:
Axm wrote:anime waifu

please elaborate

This is me an her on a average everyday stroll.
by Axm
Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Reminds me of this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k[/youtube]
by Axm
Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What does the Dojo drive?

Cooper S (supercharged)
by Axm
Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recreation of shenmue 2

I applaud anyone with the time and capability to mod and improve the scene for Shenmue. Good job guys. Hopefully the more talented people such as yourselves really get something going.
by Axm
Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally got my Shenmue tattoo

wude wrote:would be pretty cool ,if each of the chiyoumen leaders had his heavenly beast tattooed on his back :)

Shenmue 3 spoiler? :-o We've never seen any of they're backs right? That would be kinda corny but totally awesome.
by Axm
Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

"Louie" with the comedian Louie CK
"Curb your Enthusiasm"
And almost every night, "Conan O'Brien"
by Axm
Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Hey SEF good to see you man.
by Axm
Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

Adjustable coilover suspension.
by Axm
Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

MemeGenerator9001
by Axm
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

@Peter

I do. I just dont mind driving sideways over them or using an alternate route to get somewhere.
by Axm
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

At the local Japanese grocery store I found this gem.
Someones on beast mode!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
by Axm
Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got done shooting and damn.. that shit is loud. I was like really guys? We need to have guns these big..
But I had fun. Id still never own one but it was a cool experience.
by Axm
Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

I also like 13 and 13-2. Great games imo. Not the best in the series ofcourse but certainly not the worst. I loved the art style, graphics, characters and most of all, battle system. I would welcome an evolution of that system in a heart beat for 15.
by Axm
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OL wrote:Well I got engaged a few days ago. So that's a thing.

Grats! :)
by Axm
Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Neil Armstrong dead

Great scene here from the movie documentary "In the Shadow of the Moon". Proof this guy had balls of steel.
I recommend everyone see this whole doc sometime. Its one of my favorites.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPT5gBqmYbY[/youtube]
by Axm
Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Peter:

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Premiere+Paris+Je+Taime+Paris+Theatre+HkpG0Uu7Pwml.jpg

Kiba:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/24/16/24164b4a079dc9d60198b58d6a7e347c.jpg

Riku:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.437694!/img/httpImage/image.jpg

Yama:

This one is actually spot on. :lol:

http://www.omega-level.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Sam-Rockwell-TMNT.jpg

ill do some more later
by Axm
Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Last Of Us

The game is crazy beautiful, gameplay seems engrossing and realistic. It'll be a good experience. Plus it's naughty dog and I trust them. Day one for me.
by Axm
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Nice peter. Great stylish pic you sex machine.
Hows the quality? Worth it? Can you do a video review and some action shots on the go?
jk. I want one.
Yay or nay?
by Axm
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

hey axm
Sent: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:36 am
To: Axm

Do you have to pay rent in japan and other bills like electricity, heat, water and stuff. Oh man I can't wait for Shenmue 3! lol

:shock: :-o ](*,)
<3
by Axm
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

So Best Buy is having this promotion thing where they are desperate as hell for your business.
If you preorder then buy said title when it launches they will give you $20 per preorderd game you buy. This season I will be having to get a bunch of games I truely do want right away anyways..

Boarderlands 2
Assassins Creed 3
Resident Evil 6
Halo 4

So in the end ill be getting $80 for buying games I wanted to get anyways making one of them technically free or ill be using that money to get some Vita games like Persona 4: Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey and Assassins Creed: Liberation.
Plus I got all these other gift cards from them so really not spending a whole lot in the initial either.

Yup. Sounds like a plan.
by Axm
Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Procrastination level has sky rocketed since coming back to the dojo. fml.
by Axm
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now here's a question,

I think to some degree alot of us would be too critical. Especially if its gameplay related, not just graphical style.
Similarly to how true Resident Evil fans prefer the tank controls, puzzles and more survival-horror rather then the now TPS action game.
If they touched the traditional gameplay and reality aspects of Shenmue id be really pissed.
If its just graphics and it's not something drastic like cell shading or anything else way out there, if its just an improvement to look like, for example Heavy Rain or L.A Noire, id live. Id more than live at that.
by Axm
Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aggravating gaming moments

A topic to talk about times you flipped your lid about a game. Not talking specificly broken controllers but more generally like so..

Once I was literally seconds away from turning in my last mission in Boarderlands to hit level 50 and get my platinum trophy, took a couple months to reach that point as I don't have a million years to play games anymore.
Suddenly as im walking my character over to the mission turn in point, the game crashes and save file goes corrupt.
Got mad, traded it in, even wrote a email to Gear Box about it. Hah..

Now it's free on PS+ and playing through it again just to ding 50 and finally get that stupid unnecessary platinum.
I rarely really try for Plats or 100% so that was pretty frustrating.
by Axm
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Learning Japanese

Grats on the move Frozen. I didnt even know you were in Hawaii, thought you lived in the south or something.
Well moving to Japan and living there for nearly 3 years was the best thing that ever happened to me. Obviously as I got married there and will be moving back next year to live again, this time permanently.
Came back to finish school, save/make money and give my wife the opportunity to live where im from for a few years before we have kids in Japan.

What I did to prepare before moving was take some college courses. I was a college student anyways so I got credits, win win. But I had a Japanese teacher from Tokyo who was really good and taught pronunciation firstly and most importantly. After you gain solid solid ground in that it really set things up for success in the future. What good is learning all these words and phrases if you cant even say them properly? So I literally got myself a sound recorder and taped myself saying syllables, words and phrases repeatedly, listened back to them and made my mental corrections from there.
When it came to Hiragana and Katakana, I wrote them down literally hundreds of times each. Kanji admittedly I have alot of trouble with and just get help from my wife when needed. That shit is no joke. One day I will get off my ass and apply myself.

Honestly you will probably skate by alot of times without having to read much Japanese. They cater to english speakers to such a high degree that you get used to it. And if you dont understand something, someone can help you.
Ultimately this could be your down fall in continued advanced learning as its easy to get by. Especially in my case as I always had a Japanese girlfriend or friend with me.

When it comes to living there though is when you'll start learning and remembering atleast one new word a day based on daily life. And if you dont learn a new word that day, get one and practice it. "kyo no kotoba" "Today's word".
In my case with my wife, im constantly bouncing questions off her still to this day and probably will for the rest of my life. Just as she does with me in English.
I have pretty much not kept up with my traditional study in years though. It's all conversational at this point. Mostly with her, my few Japanese friends in San Diego and my parents in law over skype.
I recommend listening to as much Japanese as possible. And not the crazy impractical Anime that fanboy's get hung up on. Watch Japanese movies, preferably light hearted comedy-drama's because they talk slow and usually speak in a non-accented Tokyo vocabulary.
I have alot of recommendations if you need them.

You're on the right track talking to Japanese people when possible, they usually dont mind and you'll need the practice as you already know.

Im really happy for you man. Hope it all goes well.

Giant wall of text hits you for 9001
by Axm
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Would love to have that Shenmue poster with Ryo.

The only thing that bothers me about that poster is that, since it's from the strategy guide, it has folds/creases in it. I wish there was a way to completely flatten it out. When in a frame it has ripples and it drives me crazy... it's the OCD.
What I did with that was to put the poster out on a soft table facing down, take a bed sheet and put that over it. Then on the lowest setting, iron the sheet lightly. Then get some text books and lay them down on all the creases. Leave it over night and pray to Yu Suzuki. Mine came out great and went strait into a frame.
by Axm
Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Contest.

How about a Shenmue themed picture contest?
Users take photo's of someTHING in real life that reminds them of Shenmue.
Can be anything they want to capture which they figure could be placed in the games and it would appear natural as if its from the game.
Poll voting is based off different aspects like picture quality and accuracy of Shenmue related object.

:D
by Axm
Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_t2fFF3B0
Captain Picard can act his way out of being buried alive.
He can deflect missiles out of the sky with his bold philosophical statements.
He never got controlled by the Borg. He controlled the Borg with his acting. (for real though)

"He is... the most interesting man in Space."
"I dont always act well, but when I do, Im Captain Picard of the USS enterprise"
"Stay sober my friends"
by Axm
Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Contest.

Nice pics Ryudo. Real cool.
by Axm
Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Playing Boarderlands 2. Its really the same exact game just with better locations, guns and more quality missions. I like it. Fun and addicting game.
by Axm
Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brave Little Toaster remake...except it's an iphone

Ruins the point of the object being simple and ordinary yet doing amazing things.
Next thing you know the hubble space telescope has feelings too.
Hover Boards make baby's.
And light sabers discover the meaning of life.

In a world with technology taking over our lives it would have been refreshing to look at a simple object like a toaster again and find it admerable its trying to make itself relivant still amoung modern devices.
Instead we are supposed to feel simpathy for advanced technology and what? Feel sorry it sells so well and is overly a part of our lives?
by Axm
Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

I feel so left out in Manny's post

You're the third kind of buyer, the snugglebunny, the kind I like to play leapfrog with.

In all seriousness I put you in with OL. You come for the look but stay for the depth, thats why something like Darksiders 2 is up your alley.
He's all about big brand marketing and advertizing for products in games like mountain dew and dorito's. Ryudo likes CoD Mw3 but wishes their was more day 1 dlc he could have bought. He loves achievements and see's games as more of a steping stone toward a higher gamer score. He posts frequently on gamefaqs and IGN boards to discuss the important issues like what will come in the limited edition Madden 2013 package.
by Axm
Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

Generic name #1million. Thank you for your insightful post. I didnt know we should be mad.
by Axm
Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Few tech ????? Suggestions wanted

If you get a tablet make it the Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

If you get one of those you can skip the smartphone. Or vise versa. Getting a tablet imo is a luxury on top of a smartphone if youre tight on money.
by Axm
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

Who Really Cares? wrote:Who in the hell will buy a story driven game if Sega says oh but we still might not finish it?

If you never saw and someone told you star wars a new hope and empire strikes back are amazing movies but return of the jedi wasnt coming out anytime soon wouldnt you still watch them?
by Axm
Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man accused of raping a duck, in Turkey

This duck wont be racing anytime soon.
by Axm
Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBwfZZvjKo[/youtube]
by Axm
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS.. every game I want comes out on Oct 30th.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection 10/30
Okami HD 10/30
Assassin's Creed III 10/30
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Vita) 10/30
Ragnarok Odyssey (vita) 10/30

and then the very next tuesday Halo 4 comes out.. I mean really guys? Cant spread these things out abit?
Ragnarok Odyssey was supposed to come out last month, then a week ago, then a week from now and now its 10/30 with the storm of games. Smooth strategy there xseed.

He thinks I'm a Nintendo fanboy so I was just showing hard to be one when you have so much non nintendo
Because you are a nintendo fanboy. You've proven that to us for years now. Just accept that you are and be happy about your bias.
by Axm
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im an Apple and Sony fanboy. All day every day. Gimme that shit. I love it.
Nintendo is for children. Go play with your nunchucks ryudo. I want more ak47's in my life. When I wake up in the morning I have to kill atleast 90 terrorists to get me going for the day. I dont think ive ever seen 1 terrorists in a nintendo game. Nintendo supports obama.
by Axm
Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not a Wii or Nintendo fanboy. Manny his fave system this gen is wii does that make him a fanboy? So just because Some one likes the Wii over 360 & PS3 makes them a fanboy? Is that the popular thing now? Fuck off with that bullshit. FUCK. I worked to hard to get rid of the OLD image. If you really knew me which you don;t you'd know I'm a much bigger SEGA fan than anything.
I'm a Sonic fanbooy,A TMNT,Star Trek fanboy but as for gaming. I'm just simply a gaming fantatic and go where the games are. Not where the console is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f67AF9hlI9M&feature=youtube_gdata_player
by Axm
Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony suing Jerry Lambert AKA Kevin Butler

In contract or out, I think Sony is pulling a dick move by sueing someone who promoted the brand so well for them.
The Kevin Buttler character turned sony into one of the best game advertizers over night and all they have for him in the end is a suit and negative PR. Smooth. Its not like their even using him anymore these days. I think most TV viewers wouldnt remember him as the playstation guy anymore anyways.
Sony could have also kept Kevin Buttler in their back pocket for future PR and advertizing but now that relationship is deffinitely over. Poor guy probably has nothing better to do then commercials these days since thats his experience. How unfortunate that companys value money over people these days.
by Axm
Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic