Search found 979 matches

Return

Re: Suggestions for PS Vita

Gravity Rush is definitely the best OP on there right now. It has great gameplay and artistic aesthetic. Really utilizes the Vita to what it can do with the touch screen, rear touch pad and gyro. Flows very well. It's why I bought the Vita when I did. Yama loves that game too.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is also good if you want to see Vita's graphical ability. Not bad gameplay wise but it's much better to get into this series with Uncharted 1 on PS3 if you want that kinda thing. Im just a big uncharted fan so I had to get it.

Theirs really not that many new OP's out there right now though. Alot of the games are vita specific versions of games on PS3. Which I have no issue with, cause I love my Hot Shots, MGS2+3, Katamari, MLB and all my DD PSP/PS1/PSN games.
But really is just like every new playstation system that ever came out. It's gonna be awhile until theirs good amount of original games on it. For now though im really looking forward to..

Ragnarok Odyssey- 10/30 by xseed (Basically just like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online)
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation- 10/30 (original seperate story line with different main character)
Persona 4: The Golden- 11/20 (So many improvements, enhancements and additions its basically a new game)
Phantasy Star Online 2- Jan-Mar (Finally a true sequel to PSO v1&2, ive seen it's gameplay and it is beautiful. It's also coming out on PC and in Japan they have an open beta going on with great impressions so far. Really want this so badly.)
Tales of Innocence R- Whenever that happens

If you're not interested in any of that id say just wait until next year. I see the Vita being a crazy good system in the future. It just needs more time to mature and sales to pick up. In Japan once PSO2 comes out, that system will sell like hot cakes just like when the Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star games came out on PSP over there. In the U.S once the eventual Final Fantasy or Rockstar game like GTA comes out it'll also sell big. Im also looking forward to a possible RE:Revelations Vita version if they can integrate the second screen functions from 3DS or change things up somehow.
Ive come close to buying a 3DS for revelations multiple times but need another game on there to push me over the edge. Im just really hoping they put revelations on Vita soon cause I really need that.
by Axm
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony suing Jerry Lambert AKA Kevin Butler

Ok so actually their needs to be some clarification to this suit. Apparently Lambert himself isnt being sued at all. It's Sony suing "Bridgestone and Wildcat creek inc"

Sony Computer Entertainment America filed a law suit against Bridgestone and Wildcat Creek, Inc. on September 11. The claims are based on violations of the Lanham Act, misappropriation, breach of contract and tortious interference with a contractual relationship. We invested significant resources in bringing the Kevin Butler character to life and he's become an iconic personality directly associated with PlayStation products over the years. Use of the Kevin Butler character to sell products other than those from PlayStation misappropriates Sony's intellectual property, creates confusion in the market and causes damage to Sony.

http://kotaku.com/5949709/kevin-butler-actor-being-sued-for-creating-confusion-and-causing-damage-to-sony

Sites like Kotaku and others seem to be stating that Jerry Lambert himself is being sued when they make titles that say "Kevin Butler Actor Sued For “Creating Confusion” and “Causing Damage” to Sony"
Which is false. This doesnt involve Sony suing Lambert directly, just the company that hired him for the commercial.
Shit like this is why I hate blog and news sites sometimes. Their just in it for more clicks and visits to up their advertizing revenue.
*coughgamespotreviewscough"

Still very stupid of Sony and money grubbing. But I have way less of an issue with one company suing another. Seems more like fair game at this point no matter how stupid it actually is. Cause thats 'Merica yall!
by Axm
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Grats ken!
by Axm
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for PS Vita

Dont think I was around to catch your hype train OL but ya, the game is worth the vita for sure. Im sure they'll make a sequel cause its been well accepted.
by Axm
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Excluded From Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed

It's actually pretty crazy how they marketed Ryo and his forklift in the first game so much with the limited model toy competition, featured video's and XBL marketplace items, to now just drop him entirely from the game.
I mean how many of us bought that Ryo Jacket in the XBL market cause of this game? Like friggen EVERYONE in my friends list ive seen has worn it at some point! Friends who arent on the Dojo and random gamers I come across that say they like Shenmue to me cause they see my gamertag tell me all the time they got that jacket item. lol.. really now sega that item had to have been the #1 purchase of those clothing items. Not to mention the forklift DLC. Did Sega not check the numbers on these jacket sales? Im super curious now lol.. shit just got stupid.
by Axm
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You gonna announce your tax payer gratuity checks everytime here or what? I understand you have a medical condition but I dont really want to read about your shopping spree's while im at work. Granted im healthy and you are obviously not in more ways then one, I get that. But id appriciate a more humble approach to the matter.
by Axm
Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@ Axm Shut up you just proved you know nothing about me or the situation. We moved on but you decided to drag it back out. FFS. I did earn it and know more about 50-60 hour work weeks than you would ever know. Try doing ti while dying and in more pain than humanly imaginable every day for years.
I didnt drag anything out. Cause guess what, I was at work and didnt have time to make a response while everyone else was. Dont give me any shit like you know my work experience. I just got done working my 8th consecutive day in a row and it was a 10 hour shift. I finally have a day off tomorrow and I still wont have time for anything else cause I have to run around town doing errands now cause ive been at work for so long. I work my ass off. You obviously dont anymore with your up to the minute all day posting . You shouldnt be feeling like you deserve those checks asshole. When you worked your time and payed your taxes you did your part and got a tax return, broke even or payed the taxes you didnt when you got your checks. So dont try and play it off as something you're being owed. Thats the biggest BS excuse ever. Accept your damn checks like a man and shut the hell up about it. You wanna get personal? Fine. Ive been working no less then 30 hours a week since I was in high school with no gaps in employment all while going to school, sometimes working a second job. When I was in Japan I worked my ass off to afford getting married TWICE once in Japan and once in the U.S. I just payed all that off, my two cars, my credit cards and am continuing to work my ass off to afford going back to Japan to buy a house and start a family properly. So forgive me if I feel I have to right to tell you to shut up on bragging about your disability checks.
I never made this out to be about the checks themselves and your right to have them, only your attitude publicly about your fucking entitled arrogant attitude. I gave you advise about buying a TV, advise about getting tablet, advise about getting PS Vita games. This entire time I not ONCE gave you shit about buying those. I cant control how much money you get, whats in your bank account and how you spend it. So why waste my breath on that. I can however hold my right to tell you to shut the fuck up.

And I really am done with this at this point. Cause theirs a 0% chance you will understand me at this point. Ive unfortunately known you for too long and you will either play it off or ignore my point. This is the fucking reason I left this place because of you twice already. Go ahead and tell me to leave again as you will no doubt will. I wont this time. I will however take a break because I cant stand your face.
by Axm
Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hataz gon Hate blue, do what you gotta to take care of yourself and your well being. ultimately what it comes down is that numbers and dollar signs, are just those, symbols, there is only as much meaning as we give them. whats so bad some of the people complaining I would imagine make 5 or more figures, and this disturbs them? Time to take the brain off auto-pilot. Give a poor honest man money and watch what he does, rejoice and be happy. Should a man be made to not get pleasure in having a luxury he is not used to? As if he should be silent and passive while the big heads grumble about having to give a sick man dividends so he can survive, shameful I say.
AG youre missing my and kenny's point. Nobody is disputing that he shouldnt get a check. Im not trying to make him feel bad about that aspect of it. Its about how he's treating that money and how he's deciding to flaunt it like he won the lotto. Get a ps3, get a 360, Wii U, computer, tv, tablet, abunch of games. But do it with some respect for those of us out there that are working 50 hours a week and earn that money while continuing to pay taxes.
Im not some hardcore fiscal conservative. I vote for social welfare programs to stay afloat and the RIGHT to health care. I truely believe in these things because some people genuenly do need them to survive. But ffs practice some modesty and have a humble outlook on it. It shouldnt be about him deserving it, rather him being gratefull for it like a gift. And seems like he doesnt consider it like that. But ill give him a chance to prove me wrong and show me he appriciates what he's got, not be arrogant about it.
by Axm
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

Im still pretty optimistic about it.
by Axm
Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *Hey My Dojo Family*

Welcome back kenshin!
Grats on the kids! Sounds like im going to be on your path too soon enough. I'll be moving back to Kyushu by the end of next year and starting a family there after.
I've never been to Yokohama but I hear from my wife that its great.
by Axm
Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

RDR is an amazing game. Real man shit right there.
by Axm
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Still piecing together time to finish RE6. Almost done. Still like the game alot.
by Axm
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dude Dorian, I dont know much about you so forgive my bluntness, but are you are crazy bleak about everything. It's like I hear a my chemical romance song playing while I read your posts sometimes. Do you have a black light on while you post in a room alone or whats up with your situation?
by Axm
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Did PSN just pause my background download while I was in an online match? WTF?

Pretty sure it doesnt want you to lag and ruin the game for the other person.
by Axm
Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I personally dont like the 1-10 or 0-100% scale. Its pointless to have the range that high when anything below 60% or a 6 is considerd sub par or poor.
Id appriciate more 1-5 scales and labels such as "pass" "rent" "buy". Its just more practical to real life judgement. Nobdy really cares about .5% of differences just if the game is worth your time and money.
by Axm
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally have a day off tomorrow after 2 weeks strait of work. Maybe ill finally be able to finish RE6.
by Axm
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

The following is from a sophisticated and successful black man.

I got high ...grades in college, which lead to this great job opportunity .
I'd hit that ...putt pretty hard, the greens seem slow today.
I got weed ...killer from Home Depot today.
Look at all the booty ...I found while treasure hunting.
I've got lots of hoes ...in the shed next to my garden.
I hit it so hard last night ...at the gym.
Today I scored some ...goals in the company soccer game.
If the glove don't fit ...then don't worry, I have a gift receipt and you can exchange it no problem.
I was surrounded by police ...at the local neighborhood watch meeting.
Nothing better than a good 40 ...1K, my wife and I will be able to retire one day.
My dad used to beat me ...at Pac Man when I was younger.
Taking shots ...of my family to put on our Christmas cards this year.

Credit to Yama for finding this on twitter. We had a good laugh. At 2am everything's funnier.
http://twitter.com/SuccessAndBlack
by Axm
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

Just finished RE6's all four scenario's. Messed around with the extra mode's too. Damn this game just has so much content worthy of the $60. Capcom could have easily thrown Ada's 10 hours in as DLC and everyone would have expected that of them, but they didnt and im glad they decided to keep all the content unified as it should be. Cant argue with a solid 30-40 hour action game.
Very satisfied with this entry. It's a game ill actually go back to every once in awhile. Leon and Ada's chapters were the best. Jake's was also pretty good minus some of qte's. However I will never touch Chris chapters ever again. Eww..
Overall I give the game a 3.5/5 not the best in the series, but it certainly holds its own against 4 and 5. Controls take some getting used to but in the end it's a real refinement. Change that ugly cross hair sight that comes by default back to the laser sighting of 4 and 5, kill the HUD and you get a much better way to play the game how it should have come by default. It has about a million times more and better story then those two others combined aswell.
Squash some of the minor bugs, improve hit detection and half the amount of QTE's and it would have been tied with RE4 for me.
by Axm
Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive been through lots of hurricanes when I lived in Florida and a couple typoons when I was in Japan. Not to mention lots of earthquakes here in California.
Natural desasters are serious business in my life. When you're kayaking down your street to get to a friends house and dont have power for days you realize you got to be prepared better next time. I hope people are prepared for it right now.But I hope more its not going to be a big deal.
by Axm
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Grats on the vita AG. You're gonna love it. Im sure you are already. That white looks great. I remember when I first moved to Japan and got the white PSP when it wasnt out in the U.S yet. I was hyped on it.

As for apps you gotta get youtube. The screen looks so impressive playing HD video's off it. Just saw some of the Halo 4 reviews on it and was like wow, I should be watching more youtube on this thing. Because of the resolution and screen size it looks better then my iPad 2 sometimes!
Then theirs Nico Nico.. if you wanna perv out on some Japanese girls doing live public video chats then.. ya do that. Kinda suspect but eh, sometimes ill tune into someone and mess with them as ill understand their japanese and then reply in broken english for fun. Went into some room with a Metal Gear Solid fan discussion the other day. That kinda stuff. Some people play their instruments. Guitars, DJ's. Pretty cool. Alot of people broadcast their screens while they play games.
by Axm
Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

They must be super picky. I havent finished the game yet but its a solid 9/10 or 4.5/5 for me so far. Gameplay, side missions and everything else extra is imo some of the best parts. Then the main story is just infinitely better then the last two combined imo. Ya he's no Ezio, but thats like saying theirs no rocket straped to your jet pack.
by Axm
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Completely agree OL. Seems like they didnt want to show too much emotion with Connor, as if trying to not offend anyone who would claim generalizations or racism on fox news. So instead we get someone low key and too cool for school.
But atleast I dont dislike him thats for sure. He can be very fitting to the fake role he plays in all these historicly acurate events.

Bugs aside this game is a step in the right direction for the series. 1 was bland and too repetative, 2 was a huge improvement but at times felt like a chore. 3 refines every department and you couldnt feel more like you're a part of history.
The hunting and naval battles alone could indeed been their own spin off game.
Im on chapter 8 now and am about to get to new york. Cant wait to get off work everyday to play this.
by Axm
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite move and why?

MiTT3NZ wrote:Predictive Explosion...

Sometimes I do Predictive Explosion on Joy when I run past her on the way to White Dynasty qr.
by Axm
Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fox News is shitting themselves. :D
by Axm
Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Shhh.. they are having le sex.

by Axm
Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Job creators my ass. I hate pricks like that. Get another job man. Just do it, anything else. I read your other posts too. Good luck with the job hunt.
by Axm
Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got the Ezio Trilogy. Quite awesome. I platinum'd AC2 when it came out but never did dlc or played Brotherhood or Revelations. Heck I loved AC2 ill play through the main story again just for fun. Ezio is a pimp.
by Axm
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Im also in the middle of season 2 of Walking Dead. Show is amazing.
by Axm
Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup and cause of my birthday. Mostly cause of my birthday..
by Axm
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anniversary - Broadway Tickets or Concert Tix

I saw Chicago when I was in N.Y. wasnt that expensive and could buy them same day at the theater itself.
by Axm
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln

I was interested for a while until I found out that it's all about the month leading up to the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation.
I thought it was going to cover the lesser-known stuff, the other aspects of his presidency that people rarely cover. An entire presidency isn't just about a single signed document. And yet that's all we ever get to learn about Lincoln.
"He freed the slaves."
He was a president during one of the most important wars in our history for chrissakes. There is a lot of ground you could cover with that. A single document signed more so to win back support from the British is not the only notable thing to his name. He wasn't anywhere near as altruistic toward the plight of the slaves as we all like to think, and yet that's exactly the portrayal we're getting from this movie (going on about "human dignity" and whatnot; basically misinforming people about who he was).
Actual quote from the Lincoln Memorial itself:
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union."

I don't doubt that the movie will be really good, I'm just irritated at the single-mindedness everyone seems to have about Lincoln. I'd be very happy with a movie that covers his actual presidency , but from what I've heard, that's not what this one is about at all. Just another rambling on the "he freed the slaves" subject.

I'll likely end up seeing it (I'm in an American history class at the moment, and we're moving into the Civil War era soon), I'm just disappointed at what I've caught glimpses of so far.
I would agree with you fully except for the matter that this was a political struggle he had to deal with too.
And despite his openly shared opinion many times AGAINST slavery he, just as Romney did so often, had to pander to his base and to the center of the isle and in Lincoln's case, do it in the middle of a war no less. Lest we forget, (and I dont assume you do just saying) the Civil War was well into effect while this legislation was still trying to be passed. So while he didnt want slavery to spread any further he ofcourse valued the preservation of the union above all. How could you blame him? The economic fall out from cutting the cord to the south would have destroyed the country. It was not in his and the country's best interest to value an idealistic separatist revolution over the prospects of maintaining the Union while defeating the Confederacy and abolishing slavery by force. The right way.
So he pandered and he flip flopped.. he did what any politician in his situation would of had to do, but lets see how he really felt..

Speech at Peoria, Illinois
October 16, 1854
"I can not but hate the declared indifference for slavery's spread. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."

Speech at Chicago, Illinois
July 10, 1858
"I have always hated slavery, I think as much as any Abolitionist."

To James N. Brown
October 18, 1858
"I have made it equally plain that I think the negro is included in the word "men" used in the Declaration of Independence."

Speech at Cincinnati, Ohio
September 17, 1859
"I think Slavery is wrong, morally, and politically. I desire that it should be no further spread in these United States, and I should not object if it should gradually terminate in the whole Union."

and while I realize the movie is probably a gross exageration of these sentiments, I just love good acting. I like concept of a crazy idealistic Lincoln. And id like to see the movie in its entirety before I pass too much judgement.
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lincoln

Fuck I'm so hyped for this movie.
Comes out tomorrow. Reviews are already praising it up and down. The cast is perfect. Soundtrack is on point.
Im gonna try and see it tomorrow or saturday.

Lets discuss!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PfTl63qQQ[/youtube]
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn Peter.. I cussed aloud just now. But I had a feeling it was going to happen. You're not posting anymore either? Well please reconsider that aspect when you have the time and desire. I'll atleast be able to keep up with you on FB. Thanks for being a mod and sticking with it for aslong as you did, especially when I stepped down before. I know how you feel obviously. Although before it was quite easy for me to leave with how many active mods we had and who we had that made it even easier of a decision. Im sure its bitter sweet for you. When do you bounce? (get it? because kangaroo.. :lol: )
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter is gonna find a hot aussie girl and jump the shark I just know it. Make sure to forget the rubbers mate. I know you got a little white micheal phelps you want to win gold in there.
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln

So I just saw the movie tonight. Really liked it lot. Would of loved it though if their were more to it then the 13th amendment. More coverage of the battles and of Lincolns life past the single year that is delt with. Granted all that was included in the movie was very important and to cover all the previous suggested would of had to have been a cable tv series to do it all justice.

To OL, without spoiling much, just see the movie and im sure you will appriciate the level of Lincoln's represention in respect to slavery. I dont feel it was too far from historical accuracies or past what you've seen in trailers. And certainly in comparison to some of the Republican representatives, he is quite subdued in his feelings and would rather accomplish both tasks of passing the 13th amendment and ending the war equally. In his and the republicans position at the time, he had the upper hand to end slavery so it makes sense to fight for it before ending the war.

Really the movie should be seen by all Americans as it is extremely important ofcourse historically, but also to grasp a solid understanding in how our executive and legislative government works. In its advantages and draw backs.
And you cant help but feel the undertones of a certain other piece of legislation that was passed under Obama. Atleast thats what I felt from it.
by Axm
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Eww...
by Axm
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awww yeaaa

by Axm
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone else just loath the new PS Store? Sure it looks nice but it performs and functions like shit. Especially after this new recent update to it things seem to be even worse. I was downloading some demos off it, which btw takes forever with its 12 step process in getting one to go through, and while one was proessing to the que my damn system locks up and I had no other choice but to yank the back power cable. Never have I had to resort to that with my slim ps3.
I'll take back a fast and non broken old store over this pos any day.
I suggest people stay away from it for awhile if youre concerned about your ps3 not bricking or corrupting your hdd.
by Axm
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just finished AC3 before picking up P4G today. AC3 was a great game. Flawed in some departments but overall well worth the time and money. If the dlc proves to have lengthy enough content ill even get the season pass.
by Axm
Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic