Search found more than 3249 matches

Return

Re: Last thing you bought

Ohhhhh yes!

by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: anyone know anything about medicine?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW11wxMApM[/youtube]
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Just stop making a big deal out of the fact that Wii U ports are better. No shit, Sherlock? It would be news if they were worse. They have a more powerful hardware and a shitload of feedback from users of the original versions. It's obvious they are going to make the games better. They would have been eaten alive if they didn't.
by Dorian
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Horrible Bosses.
I actually liked it a lot. Hard not to with the combination of Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day (probably three of the most likable actors working in comedic movies these days). It's just a dumb-funny comedy, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The movie was made for a laugh, and it did its job.
Also Jennifer Aniston is fucking hot .
Still .
And she spends the whole movie stripping down and talking dirty.
There is nothing bad about this whatsoever .
by OL
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's in Yu's nature or indeed his culture to openly point the finger at Sega just to take the heat off himself. Even though he's independent he still has a working relationship with the company, so it would not be "good form" to publicly distance himself from their mistakes. He's said enough here and there to make it clear that the situation's been out of his hands, most specifically that if given the opportunity he would like to make Shenmue III. To go into detail on the knockbacks he has received behind closed doors at Sega HQ would risk putting a strain on their continued business association.

That's why it's up to the fans to go to bat for him and make it known where the fault lies, because Yu's too nice a guy and far too professional to labor the point himself.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

http://i.imgur.com/HSPVf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zn1U2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pml5N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yVzxB.jpg
From a documentary about the suicide forest of Japan, Aokigahara, where up to 100+ bodies are found every year.
Ever since I heard of that place I've wanted to go. It would be so awesomely creepy.
by Rakim
Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since Samsung are muppets when it comes to updates, i rooted and flashed ICS onto my new tablet myself, and it FUCKING ROCKS! Image
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pete, don't you think thats a bit harsh? We all have our issues and god knows Adam has his. We're all friends and while we may piss each other off I don't think we should let things come to this. He didn't need to create another account, he broke the rules and if he keeps breaking them then its totally reasonable that you ban him but try not to make it personal by saying the kind of stuff you have. Whatever issues he has, and whatever is causing him to act the way he does he'll have to deal with it. The best thing to do is just respond to his actions without making it too much of a spectacle.

So its ok to just have this happen over and over and over again? This is a regular occurance, and its tiring. Its not harsh at all, he made an alternate account to come back and do the same things he was banned for. Not too long ago, there was a blanket ban on new members signing up because he was banned and making alternate accounts. You have been on message boards long enough not to do that and so has he, and its not just attacks on other people now its threats of self harm . Are you serious?

I am not gonna go down the road of "oohh you need to get help", or "get off the internet" because its been done before and its not happening, nor will it work. He created his own forums to get away from here and in less than a month, look what happens again. Dont you think its slightly odd that his "outbursts" are only here and not at his forums or even Hazuki Dojo? I was finished with him ages ago. I am not a friend of his. I disagree with a lot of principles he lives his life by, with number one, living a life on the internet. I am done talking about him because thats what he wants. Thats what he needs. His blue font to make him stand out.

I dont need that. Other members, old and new dont need that. Any online community doesnt need that.
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

Welcome to the Shenmue Picture Extravaganza! Rules are simple:

Found something that truly speaks to you? That screams Shenmue? Take a picture of it!

All entries are welcome until October 22, that's one month from today yo!

Together, as a community, we will vote on our favorite pictures and the winners will receive some pretty sweet prizes! Word.

So go out there and take those pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyBS5QK3GM
by Thief
Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Logging in to Shenmue Dojo:

by Dorian
Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Threatening others with suicide is the lamest shit ever, and you know why I can say it? Because I did in the past to my ex and that's the most disgusting thing in my life. I was beyond pathetic back then. Nobody has the right to bring things like this on others even in real life, let alone over the internet.

This is the age of martyrdom. People think that they should get something from others and that all the shit that's going down on them is so goddamn bad. Well, it doesn't work that way. We must learn to love ourselves like we've never known hurt before and stop relying on other people. If you find somebody who cares, then the better for you. Asking for it? It just breeds more problems for everybody.
by Dorian
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cannot believe its my final day at work, and in two weeks i will be in the air on my way to Australia. Where has the year gone :shock:
by Peter
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These past few pages.. What the fuck am I reading.
:lol:
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Few tech ????? Suggestions wanted

It is a luxury, but mines is justified by the travel aspect. I have the Samsung 7.7, and it was easily the hardest choice i have had to make in terms of hardware.... ever really. Bit a laptop is a much better choice if a tablet doesnt offer the specific services that its made for.

Again for a smartphone, Samsung all the way. The Galaxy range is amazing, and for me, trumps its main rival, iPhone in every department.

If it were me, i would combine the tablet and phone budget and go with the Galaxy sII smartphone. Its the same as the tablet etc and id say thats all you need. There is the Galaxy sIII, but i think its worse than the sII. That phone has been my life for the past year. Best phone i have ever had, and will have an sII in 5-7 years, regardless of all the new releases that come out. For todays needs, the Galaxy sII is easily the best out there. In Europe anyways.
by Peter
Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No internet until Christmas!

I just decided to try something... so I will.

I'm not going to use the internet (minus turning in assignments for school) until christmas time. Just want to see if I can do it. The first site I'll use when I come back will be http://www.isitchristmas.com

If the site says YES, then I can use the internet again. See you on Christmas, internet!
by Thief
Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

Yokosuka Martian wrote:what else do they have left? Hint hint, Starts with an S and ends with an E.

Ah, so YOU'RE the one who requested Seaman Portable!

Get 'im, fellas!
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

Crazy Taxi! The Offspring.
by Poetry in Motion
Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On October 3rd, 2012 at 4:41pm Eastern Standard Time...

SONIKKU GOT BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE!

(Insert Commander Shepard with shaking mountain dew cans here)
by Sonikku
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a fucking fantastic night with Marcin! Drink was flowing, Irish music was going full blast..... Bet the dude will miss Beal Feirste at lot more than he thought he would!!

Plus on a side note, it was pure fucking epic to sit and talk to another bloke for a few hours about Shenmue, face to face. Never done that before in my life! An unbelievable night!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20121003_213128.jpg
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His posts are under his username, Yokosuka Martian. Ya know, a normal member who makes this place a great place to post and chat, unlike some arrogant knobs that seem to dwell around here. Not naming no names or anything.
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He is a US citizen with Polish parents. A very nice guy. A valuable member of the forums, and a great experience.
OK, a US citizen with Polish parents that came to the UK. Thanks for clearing this.

Where are his posts? What has he done for the forums to be so valuable?
I guess being Yu Suzuki is the starting point of your multi-layered approval process.
by Dorian
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Video of Yu Suzuki signing some Shenmue art including the one I provided.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxUWRRd5roc[/youtube]

by Ziming
Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

^^That's the big old cliche flying around, usually followed by a complaint that the game isn't like the old ones, which they then go out of their way to compare to George Romero movies.
Let's be completely honest though; most of George Romero's movie suck ass too. One or two good ones near the start (no different from Michael Bay, really), then a whole flurry of low-budget trash flicks thereafter.
Not the most flattering of comparisons either way.
by OL
Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This Gen is in the twilight so it's time to reflect

I'm still not interested in Wii-U or any other new consoles. I prefer if they just keep the current gen going another 10 years or so.
by Kenny
Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We know what you did Pete expect a call from Liam Neeson.
by Riku Rose
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man accused of raping a duck, in Turkey

Who Really Cares? wrote:now days?

I will have you know that "duckrape" is an ancient art passed down the centuries from master to disciple
by south carmain
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5a_v0MP_Fk[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

lol, why the fuck are you gettin so pissed off about bein called a Nintendo fanboy? You're blatantly a Wii fanboy in the very least.

Peeps used to take the piss about me bein a Batman fanboy n I don't give two shits. Why? Coz if I like summat, I like it. I ain't gonna be pissed off for people recognising that fact.

You need to chill out a second, call a surgeon, and ask if there's anything he can do about removing your head from your arse so you can get back to playing Wii games and defending Nintendo.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

I hadn't played played Virtua FIghter 5: Final Showdown in a month or two, so I picked it up while I was waiting for something to finish downloading on my computer.

I did a few license challenges until I hit a roadblock in the form of Jacky. I normally have trouble with Jacky players online, but when I couldn't beat an AI version, I was pissed.

I noticed the download was finished, so I played a quick online match. My opponent? A Jacky player. After a hard fought battle, I beat him with a near-perfect final round. I saved the replay and logged off of PSN in triumph.
by Calshot
Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Ubisoft revealed their plans for AC3's DLC and it sounds great. An alternative, 'what if' scenario sounds way more interesting than any of their previous single player DLC.

Other than reading reviews and maybe a few video previews, I'm officially on AC3 media lockdown. I want to go in fresh as possible, because it's reaching that point where there's getting to be too many previews. Dad told me that he would see if 'Santa' could bring it for me. Which is nice, except I have to now wait til Christmas to play it. Gotta avoid all spoilers til then, even in this thread haha
by Tuffty
Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After putting it off for so long, I finally sent my contact the email with the logline for DEUX. This is what I ended up going with (written exactly like this):

Struggling with an unpaid debt, a twenty something signs up as a weapons tester in a high-tech duel, but to get his pay he must defeat his next opponent--an adversary he can't seem to kill .

It felt like the best one to go with. It summarizes the plot pretty well, not only that the way its written is pleasing to the eyes and reads well. Hopefully attention grabbing. Crossing my fingers he sends this out to any agents, and pray to ANY CELESTIAL BEINGS OUT THERE IN THE STRATOSPHERE that one of them bites.
by Kenny
Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Persona 4 Golden
Just what I needed for the vita.Went from never using it to using it everyday.Addicting game.
by Samanosuke Akechi
Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

RDR is easily one of this generations best games. Not only is it a lot of fun to play, but it also has, to me at least, the best story in an open world game to date.
by Tuffty
Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

IMO none of his games are even that good. Real douchebag as well.
by Bluecast
Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Power-ups or special items in games that piss you off.

Any FPS with an air strike power up/bonus.
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Excluded From Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed

I know Sumo are Shenmue fans. Saying that they dont like Shenmue is idiotic. But so is posting on a Shenmue forum after Ryo has been discovered to be cut from the game, comments like:

Ryo does not fit the criteria plus we got Joe Musashi & Vyse and the Dwarf from Golden Axe. Fuck yeah more for me. Your loss.
I swear Shenmue fans act like they are so entitled and throw a tantrum every time it does not go their way.

... really do just ask for trolling and flaming to be directed in your path? Honestly, just open an account over on the COD forums and tell them how you know more about gaming than they do. Would give us a break from your arrogance. :???:
by Peter
Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

The funny thing is if you could just kill them off while on the floor people would moan its been made easy for the casuals.
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No this

Wilson also explained why one particular franchise that appeared in the original Sonic & All-Stars Racing - Shenmue - couldn't be included.

confirms no Shenmue related stuff at all simply because they didn't want to do a docks level cause it seems Shenmue 1 and II are set 100% at a dock.
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Three Movies Loglines

So it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rtczrcou257rlkc

If anyone's interested, this is TECH:

An ensemble cast of tech support reps try to survive abusive customers and wild in-house antics, meanwhile a vengeful customer is en route to find and destroy the call center!

These are two actors at the top of my head who can play the two main characters:

Hoodie - Jessie Eisenberg

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/5844/hoodie4.jpg

Indian - Aziz Ansari

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/9762/azizansari.jpg

An extra one: New Guy - Cal Robertson (He's too old now but he would've been perfect for the part)

http://imageshack.us/a/img641/5528/tumblrm9v45vgipg1rniqlb.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img39/3635/calrobertson214490.jpg

I'm also thinking of changing a couple of the names cause "Indian" and "Obese" may come off as racist or rude.
by Kenny
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ZWjmslzM0[/youtube]

EDIT: My contact got back to me!! He loves the DEUX logline and wants the script ASAP!! YES!!!
by Kenny
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Last purchase was an HTC One X smartphone.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did Sega not check the numbers on these jacket sales? Im super curious now lol.. shit just got stupid.

Just got stupid? They are the sole owners of a hugely popular legendary franchise, and they just sit on it. Whenever they (or usually other people) drum up interest in Shenmue (like announcing an HD release), they do nothing because they don't want to make money. They'e wholly inept as economic human beings. They've all got to be on drugs or something. Business is one area where Darwinism can provide a complete explanation. Do you know why Sega doesn't have a console right now? Because they're $ special needs.
by KiBa
Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haven't posted since all that HD tomfoolery earlier in the year (still expect it to happen eventually, HD release would most likely be associated with some sort of discussion about the future of the saga if Sega has any sort of business sense anymore...) but as others have already posted, this excluded fron Allstar transformed matter does rile the emotions a bit.

As the devs (Sol, especially) have noted, this racing franchise is heavily rooted in the idea of assembling Sega's greatest IP/characters from past, present, and future into one big fan appreciation kart racing game - a Super Smash Bros of kart racing for Sega if you will. Does everyone remember how hard everyone crossed their fingers to have Ryo included in the first title and how (rightfully) proud SUMO was when they officially announced that against all opposition they had gone ahead and included one of gaming history's most misunderstood/underappreciated IP/characters based almost on nothing but their very own unbreakable passion for the series?

All I'm saying is this - SUMO's exclusion of Ryo from Transformed is - if you didn't realize it already - a HUGE blow against Shenmue support/re-emergence. Heck, Ryo's inclusion in the first All-Stars racing was one of the huge events that got the gaming world talking about Shenmue again in recent memory. For SUMO to exclude Ryo for reasons I will touch upon coming right up is another glaring example of a gaming development club either not caring enough to put the effort into revitalizing the Shenmue name or buckling under the pressure to do so.

Ryo's inclusion in the first All-Stars racing not only enticed many of us longtime Shenmue fans to anticipate, buy, and honestly enjoy the game but also impressed many other longtime, hardcore Sega fans in general who saw the inclusion of Ryo and many other Sega classic characters as an awesome reason to anticipate the game likewise. Ryo is without a doubt, definitely a Sega All-Star - has always been and always will be.

For SUMO to cite the weak excuse of 'oh, bike characters were too unbalanced' and remove Ryo just becuase he rode a bike in the first game is a slap in the face of everyone involved. If they truly believed Ryo belonged in the game and truly had passion to revitalize the image and acknowledgement of the series they would have made Ryo work in this game. They are game developers, after all, correct? It is the job of game developers to program, design, and develop concepts to work within the game design, right?

Heck, here's an idea. And it's free. And it ups the nostalgia of Shenmue even more if they had actually had the creativity to include this in Transformed. Don't like bikes? Fine. Include both Ryo and Lan Di as a racing team. Now listen carefully before questioning that duo. Default racing mode is Lan Di's black car (not a bike!). Boat mode is Lan Di's powerboat. Plane mode is Lan Di's helicopter (hell it could be Shenhua's hawk). Add to the nostalgia and fan appreciation by penning a tenuous and comedic fragile alliance between Ryo and Lan Di in their attempt to win in the racing game by having quotes/lines like: Ryo: "I will have my revenge!" Lan Di: "Just drive." etc.

TL;DR - Ryo deserves to be in Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Citing that bike characters didn't balance the game correctly is an excuse. Shenmue is robust enough of a series to have enough resource material to allow the SUMO developers to exercise enough game developing creativity to make Ryo work - if they were truly passionate about keeping Ryo and the Shenmue franchise alive in the game. Unless they truly aren't.

PS. Really hope Ryo gets developed as an upcoming DLC character for Dead or Alive 5. If you get pass the brand's signature superficial T&A trappings fighting game fans will find that DOA5 is the best yet and certainly an extremely solid and competent fighting game. Ryo would fit well. Having Lan Di included as well would allow all of us to enact that final dream battle that we continue to day dream about ten years and going. Although being a DOA game, wouldn't mind seeing how Team NINJA would develop a Xiuying DLC character, if you know what I'm sayin'...
by Wanderin'
Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic