Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Ahah! Thats great. Nice to have you here Rhino.
by Axm
Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you have met the hallowed man himself! But yeah, what did he smell like? Any more stories you could share? Maybe you should start a thread for all your stories?

I dropped one of the 10 VMUs on his foot.

I bet that hurt!
by mue 26
Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just start up a thread in the Shenmue forum, or in the general section, or anywhere :)

Also, much respect and love towards you guys and your contribution to my favourite game, but you guys fucked up and missed the forklift glitch that hit us gamers who enjoy driving the most efficient rout :P I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you for that.

http://i.imgur.com/EHsWTfw.jpg
by mue 26
Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome to the Dojo.

So Mr. Mike Rhinehart, if that is your real name, what other Dreamcast games did you work on? Did you meet Suzuki-san? And if so, what did he smell like? Did you meet any other video game related "celebrities" from that era? Did they give you any weird parameters/instructions/whatever when you were testing the game.

The sooner you cough up the stories of shenmue-related badassery that you have, the sooner we can bully Let's Get Sweaty into posting your ebay link on his shenmue facebook page.
by Rakim
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Newb Question

It's the latest Shenmue campaign. Let's Get Sweaty's pretty much the guy running the show, so he'd be the best one to talk to about it. In a nutshell though, on the 3rd of every month, TeamYu tries to get as many people as possible to tweet "#GiveYuTheShenmueLicense" or summat along those lines. SEGA's usually tagged in the tweets. Yu Suzuki has nothing to do with it, it's basically trying to put pressure on SEGA to release the rights to him so he can finish the series without the executives stonewalling him.

Whilst it may not be successful in getting a direct response from SEGA, it's one of the more successful campaigns in terms of mass contribution and resilience. More and more people seem to join every month, although with the help of Thunderclap, this should be a given now.

They usually host competitions too, and the best or most original tweet can win you a prize. Just don't expect to win a Master System game that you can play on a pre-Mega Drive era build of a Saturn.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a thought... Inafune is creating a game that's "not a Megaman sequel" but clearly looks like a Megaman game. Would it be possible for a similar campaign to create a game in the same vein of Shenmue, but with a different "skin" as it were? I know it wouldn't quite be the same, but it might be a compromise...
by Neo Matrix
Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Check the thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44792 It should explain everything more or less.
by mue 26
Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fun Shenmue Stories

That poster confuses me. Did they literally just wholesale steal artwork from Enter the Dragon, and stick Shenmue underneath that? I far as I can tell that's what it is. Why on earth would anyone at Sega (or anyone in the world) think that was good idea. lol. Still, it's a very nice and unique item for the Shenmue collectors out there. I've now changed my mind (sorry LGS, sorry Marina), Rhino for member of the month! I'm actually gonna PM qwerty (something I thought I'd never do) my vote that's how much I'm rating you bruh.

P.S I forgive you for your lack of diligence in finding the forklift bug :P
by mue 26
Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fun Shenmue Stories

Overcoming the forklift bug was one of my greatest moments in gaming. I honestly thought I was missing something blatantly obvious. It taught me from that moment onwards to actually pay attention to what the game was telling me to do instead of just saying "fuck you, I know how to play this shit."
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic