Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Yep. All images in the gif thread, or picture association thread must be hosted on a sharing site.
by Peter
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Nah, not at all.

Mods deleting posts = Gun in Mod's hand
Mods reviewing posts = Gun in Member's hand

They become masters of their own fate. They're still given the chance to post, but any post will be heavily scrutinised, so it's then up to the member to redeem his or herself.

It's like a suspended prison sentence + restraining order. The member can post as much as he or she likes about games, films, comics, whatever, and can still debate and throw in the occasional insult here and there (we're pretty much all guys, so insults are unavoidable), but they can't so much as hint about what happened in a post, let alone try to further the argument.

Three strikes during the reviewed posts thing and it's a temp ban.

It's fair because it still gives the member a chance. One of the annoying things about being temp banned is that you could be in the middle of an enjoyable discussion in another topic, yet once that ban comes into place, your participation in the discussion is pretty much over, except in those rare cases when they last a long time.

If anything, it would be seen as being quite lenient, kinda like "dude, if you don't stop doin this shit, big bad Yama's gonna notice and ban your arse!" (yes, Yama, you're admin, so you have to step up to the plate and become our new scapegoat when shit goes sour)

Besides, it wouldn't be like before, because both you and Henry are both blatantly reasonable guys with a good level of sense about ya's (I highlight you two because you're generally the most active), members are gonna be less likely to go off on one about youz bein power mad mods or owt.

On top of that, with this bein my idea n'all, I'd back ya's up every time, and you know that just makes it an instant win. Unless, like I said, you try doin it to me. I will not tolerate that kinda shit.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic