Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki revisits Shenmue at GDC 2014 (Postmortem)

Hey all, wow all this news about Shenmue 3 coming to light now.

It's been a while since I've been on Shenmue Dojo. I used to visit back before Shenmue Dojo was on Gamespy... crazy. I can't believe Ziming and all the fans has kept the site running for so long! Well done! =D>

Anyway, this is so exciting. Mark Cerny's 3rd contact with Yu Suzuki in 2 years. It's certainly not coincidental I think. I tweeted Shuhei Yoshida about the recently announced GDC 2014 event and I haven't received a response from him. Usually he's very good to reply to fans. He'll call out rubbish if it's false and also positively encourage talk about subjects that are open. The lack of response I can only take as, Sony unwilling to announce anything since things between Sega and Sony could be in negotiation. I'm happy for Sony to take their time assuming things will progress so we'll see Shenmue.

Yesterday (Australia) I cracked out my original EU Dreamcast and played Shenmue where I had to fight Chai from an old 2002(!) save game. Unknowingly it also happened to be the Dreamcast's 15th anniversary, What nostalgia..

What is interesting is, next year around Dec 2014 is Playstation's 20th anniversary as well as Shenmue's 15th anniversary in the same month!

Wouldn't it be a spectacular birthday for all if Shenmue 3 was announced on the PS4 and we will finally see Shenmue's story continue after such a long hiatus. \:D/
by Ryos_bandaid
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic