Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Howdy all! long time voyeur, first time caller - i imagine all the press this last year or so (Cerny reuniting with Suzuki, interviews etc) has everyone pretty hyped as well! It's been a great year for me Shenmue-wise, as I managed to get an early order in on the Ryo Hazuki LE statue first4figures put out, and recently found a copy of What's Shenmue? on the cheap to boot! also, the slight cold down here recently gave me a chance to wear the Hazuki sweater, haha.

Just wanted to associate with more Sega fans, as the official boards are kinda depressing in the Yakuza section lately & there's not enough spots like this. Thanks for having me and happy thanksgiving!
by IrishNinja
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

crap, already did this, my bad haha

hello again!
by IrishNinja
Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Tying up Albert Odyssey, hoping for Elevator Action Returns to show up soon! just got a repro of Bare Knuckle 3 so i've been on that a lot, and as my backloggery says, DK '94 on the pooper.
by IrishNinja
Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: Co-op mode in Biohazard 6 with my fiancee.

literally the only way to play it! we got through 5 & Gold both, but chris' campaign in 6 killed our momentum, which sucked. Leon's was way better.
by IrishNinja
Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

AncientAardvark wrote:Did all he say to Shenmue 3 was, "...?"

by IrishNinja
Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

redline wrote: i bet the last question will suck

sucked so hard, they skipped it haha
by IrishNinja
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

man, i really don't get why some of you are so bitter with Yu, how many times does the man have to say he wants to give us a finale but he's not allowed to? exactly what role do you think he plays at Sega in 2014...? would you rather he'd lied?

we got some great info, and yeah the Q&A wasn't so hot but i dug the origin of Space Harrier story, myself. still no idea when 2 will be discussed (next year?) but yeah, i understand the disappointment but again Cerny being around isn't nearly what everyone made it out to be; he's translated for Yu before & they're old friends from the golden AM2 days. if you didn't at least enjoy some of the details & stories (much less sketches/etc) how are you enough of a shenmue fan to be here to begin with?
by IrishNinja
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Neogaf Community Thread Is HERE!!

ah, so sorry i'm late on this end! we're doing what we can to keep this one bumped & relevant, GAF rules basically say it goes into the Community sub-forum/ghetto area inside of a few weeks but hopefully it's out past GDC at least! much love to everyone for the effort here, it just keeps looking better too.

as for people registering at GAF, a quick tip: they used to let you in quicker with a college (or otherwise paid) email, try that if you have the option.

And I must say that the FAQ has very relevant questions and answers. They're exactly the ones that keep on popping up in discussions all over the internet. And the ones fans are tired of seeing.

haha thanks man, i'm sure i forgot some stuff but i absolutely had to cover those bases before they reared their ugly heads again.
by IrishNinja
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

this is it, my friends

we've reached the mountaintop~
by IrishNinja
Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Will Be On Twitch This Friday

always good to be around, my friend!

by IrishNinja
Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

was going through old photos, found my #OccupyMiami sign from a few years ago

by IrishNinja
Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

I absolutely get why this wasn't everyone's bag, but i loved it. I think if you dug suikoden-like base-building from Peace Walker (and Portable Ops), the use of it here in building proto-Outer Heaven was fun. likewise, while i think ditching Hayter was a mistake, when it comes to Kojima's level of verbose storytelling, i'll take tapes over the mess that was MGS 4 any day of the week, personally.

the twist definitely divides people (again, i can also see that) but works for the story they're telling. glad i got to close out the series.
by IrishNinja
Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LGBT-Homophobia Characters/Storylines (Censorship)

OP i'm with you, not really fond of people using social justice as a pejorative but here we are

honestly, there's a lot of japanese games that don't handle race (particularly black) and LBGTQ stuff very well, i adore yakuza but nearly every game has a transphobic minigame. which isn't to say shit's okay, just that i know what i'm getting here, much like my love of 90s/aughts hip hop and its likewise often misogynistic lyrics.
by IrishNinja
Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic