Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

iyapol wrote: Shenhua could be cross-eyed for all I care - we're getting Shenmue HD!

are you sure m8
by dietsoap
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Has it been confirmed that they're using the Xbox version of Shenmue 2?
Seems like it's the Xbox version. https://i.imgur.com/aLUPGyD.jpg
Oh god damnit :cry:

Using the Xbox version as a basis for S2 really is a concern. It's by no means a bad port but I really hate how they have a lot of little mistakes in the Xbox version. Like clipping mistakes or the vending machines in Hong Kong displaying Yen prices and so on.

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/s2xboxvsdreamcast.html

Also, the Xbox version has a big blunder, which is super annoying to me. THey used the wrong music for the Guilin opening scene.

Not sure if they were all "mistakes". It seems that the Xbox team had to work on the port while AM2 was yet to complete the full development on Dreamcast, including texture tweaks and implementation.
I have no idea if that's true, but that could explain why the Xbox version actually has worse textures in many areas.
by dietsoap
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DC version without the framedips and aliasing would be perfect imo.
by dietsoap
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually came across a lovely concern this evening. Went to pick up God of War at 9PM at Game Stop. As the dude was ringing me up I asked if they started taking Shenmue I & II preorders yet. He stared at me with a blank look on his face and had no idea what I was talking about. I repeat myself and he still has no clue. Asks how to spell it which I did. It basically hit me this dude is probably 18 - 25ish and has no idea about Shenmue. This game will not be accepted by the masses (hopefully Xmas shopping parents end up randomly picking it up) and some new people will probably enjoy it from all the nostalgia talk Shenmue fans have spoken about throughout the years. In the end, I am just happy we are getting a chance to play these on modern consoles, but am slightly concerned that it'll bring in that many new fans.

Hopefully this HD collection brings new fans and younger gamers aboard, i wanna believe there's more 17 year olds like you who can see the value of these games despite their age and not having the ''shiniest'' visuals or online components.

Jesus guys!! We just got a re-release of the 2 games that we have been waiting 17 years for, we should be happy!!
First of all, everyone knows how terrible gamestop is lol You could go in an ask him about any [insert japanese game here], and he wouldn't know what it was. They will only know about the game closer to release, and once they are actually taking pre-orders/once the marketing buzz beings.
If you go back into the same gamestop once Sega has started their advertisement campaigns etc, and he still doesn't know, well then he probably shouldn't be working there :P

Sega are already blown away by the early reaction to the announcement and I'm sure they have better metrics than we do.

Here in the UK, we have a deals website (where people post all types of deals, gaming, electronics, clothes etc), if people think the deal is good, they can up-vote it, and if they think it is bad, they down-vote it. On the day that Shenmue 1 & 2 pre-orders were released, there were 2 threads that complete blew up!

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-shenmue-i-ii-2299-ps4-xbox-one-365games-115player-points-2926638
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/shenmue-i-ii-ps4xbox-one-2285-delivered-preorder-base-2927204

There are comments from people who are fans, people who have never heard of it, people who backed 3 and have never played 1 & 2, the reaction is off the charts and they got up-voted like crazy!

To put it into perspective, they are still in place number 2 and 3 of this whole weeks hottest threads, and combined, would be double the heat of 1st place:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/436859151562571776/unknown.png

Once Sega starts the information trickle, shows more game play footage, and starts its marketing campaign, I am sure that we (and Sega) are going to be blown away by the buzz and ultimately sales for the games.

Let's be happy that we are getting them :D!
I think you have a point, a lot of people that work at Gamestop may only play western and/or Nintendo games, and other Japanese games as a whole may be completely off their radar.
by dietsoap
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

mjq jazz bar wrote: Image

HOLY SHIT

I was about to ask what country this was, then I checked for myself and saw it was number one on US Amazon! This is insane. It was at number 4 yesterday.

by dietsoap
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Genesis/Megadrive Classics

Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this already (or at least I couldn't find one). Anyways, "Complete list of titles" from Amazon

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Soldier
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bio-Hazard Battle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Columns III: Revenge of Columns
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Decap Attack
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Galaxy Force II
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Gunstar Heroes
Kid Chameleon
Landstalker
Light Crusader
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier II
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
The Revenge of Shinobi
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
ToeJam & Earl
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Wonder Boy in Monster World

I'm happy with them adding Space Harrier 2, Sword of Vermilion, Alien Soldier, and Gunstar Heroes, but I have to say I'm triggered beyond belief that they didn't add the english version of Monster World IV that they released on last gen consoles. If they don't bring back the unlockable arcade games then I'm probably not going to buy it, and in particular I'm really hoping they add the arcade version of Thunder Blade.

... I guess what I'm really getting at here is Sega REALLY needs to release an arcade collection already.
by dietsoap
Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

Not the biggest article that I was expecting

I don't see any reason why. It's only an announcement, and D3T have been themselves very stoic about. A 1/2 page is easily satisfying, thanks for the scan.

Ahh I guess so, the Tomb Raider announcement got pretty favoured anyways, double sided poster, 4 coasters, front cover and an 8 page article! It's to be expected though :D

No worries! Will keep an eye out for more over the coming month!
Tbh, that article was more than I expected. Considering Sega and the devs have said virtually nothing about the game so far, I think them giving the announcement a full page of its own rather than a little blurb saying "Shenmue HD collection has been announced" is quite nice.
by dietsoap
Sat May 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Classics

Also, if anyone didn't realise, this game has online play. So i'm personally excited to play Toe Jam & Earl, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe with anyone who's down ;p
Yep! Kind of a big deal.

Also 10% off for digital preorders
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA10828_00-SEGAGENESISCLSCS
by dietsoap
Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

This is a good thing and I'm glad they finally announced a delay. Even if they were secretly further along with the game than they have let on, releasing just a few months after Shenmue 1 and 2 bundled together would've been a mistake imo. Both are fairly large games, so I think a lot of newcomers to the franchise with full time jobs would've still been too busy working on SHD to even bother buying SIII at launch. And as we all know, launch sales and hype are absolutely critical.

Edit: also was pleasantly surprised to see most the comments on the Gematsu article have been largely positive.
by dietsoap
Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

I was kind of hoping for something more along the lines of the modern Yakuza aesthetic, but w/e I guess. I trust that Suzuki knows what he's doing.
by dietsoap
Sun May 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic