Search found 86 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Part 9 (take 2) of Peter's Shenmue Undub playthrough is now live over at https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo.
A lot of troubleshooting has been done so there should hopefully be no technical problems this week. Hope to see you there!
by Jibby
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The stream has been delayed until 2PM GMT! (We'll try to start sooner if possible though, so keep an eye out on this thread)

by Jibby
Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Playthrough - Part One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o_KOSCoOfE

Join us on the Shenmue Dojo Twitch channel for more, at 3PM PT/5PM CT/6PM ET/11PM GMT.

bit.ly/2hLEfFt
by Spaghetti
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey guys!

As always, the Twitch stream is going live again tonight in just over an hours time! Hope you can all make it, it's a really great place to chat and talk all Shenmue!

Peter is continuing his playthrough of Shenmue 2, going for a full 100% notebook completion run and it's actually really fun to see the requirements for certain entries in the notebook, and showing some different scenes you may not have experienced before on your playthroughs, as it involves failing at QTE's and fights :) !

So anyways, come hang out tonight over at - https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

We are just 1 hour away from going live :heart:
by James Brown
Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last night's stream was AWESOME!!! I only stopped by for 5 minutes but ended up staying till the end due to Peter's determination to conquer Space harrier. It was EPIC!!!

Had to get an extra strong coffee this morning for work though, as i was running on 3 hours sleep lol. Oh well. it was well worth it. The entertainment was phenomenal.

Everyone needs to check out the stream every Thursday. Such a great fun weekly event.
by ShenSun
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just want to say a massive thank you, and appreciation for everyone who faithfully tunes in every week to follow the Shenmue playthroughs. Last weeks episode is an example of what happens when you put months worth of effort to trying to get something, and finally succeeding. Apologies for any headphone wearing viewers i hope you have recovered haahaa.

These streams mean a lot to me, and i also want to say thanks to the guys helping behind the scenes. It's a real team effort, and a great family feeling that takes place in chat with new faces popping up each week. To everyone who is involved and also watches, i cannot say thank you enough.
by Peter
Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also have to apologise, i never ever want to do this, but i am going to have to cancel tomorrow night's stream. I was originally cutting it down to 1 hour but something has came up which i need to do right before the stream and I'd say i would also run late (it's Shenmue related though).

So apologies. But we will be back next week, 100% for sure.
by Peter
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick update, there will in fact be a stream tonight! Can't say for sure yet if it'll be Peter streaming, but if it isn't, Mr357 will be filling in with some Shenmue I. Check back on this post later, as I will update when we know for sure.
by Jibby
Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr357 will be going live in 30 mins over at twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo
See everyone there!
by Jibby
Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you to Mr357 for an awesome 3 hour improv playthroughs of Shenmue (English dub)! I will return this Thursday to continue the Shenmue 2 (Japanese Dub) Journey, so catch you all then!

On a side note, relating to the weeks and weeks of trying to get that damn Space Harrier capsule toy, i just found out that there are actual lyrics to the Space Harrier Theme, written and sung by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi!

https://youtu.be/zqD25oWqrB8

Live version

https://youtu.be/QO7V3K8ueMI

Interview

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/v/hara/ga_core/ga_core4_2.html
by Peter
Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I vote Peter sings Space Harrier live on stream!
by Jibby
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I, Shenmue II & What's Shenmue Widescreen HEX ha

FINALLY, after a very bizarre problem that i couldnt solve involving overlapping on Demul with the widescreen hack activated, Ziming sent me gdi images with the widescreen hack preloaded.

And it looks absolutely immense!! I didnt think it was that big of a deal, and it wouldnt enhance my gaming experience of Shenmue on an emulator, but boy was i wrong! Mr357 was saying to me about how circles appeared more "oval" shaped and things like that, and i could sort of see it, but i wasnt that fussed since i wasnt able to activate it either way. But now, i just love it and i have to say a massive thank you to Esppiral for this. I will thank you again during all of the weekly playthroughs on Twitch, as well as Ziming setting up a link to here. Here are some comparison shots with some thoughts:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/3f70f8ed9465ff913ec667822a45812a/tumblr_onhom5RzBv1vilcqco5_1280.png
WITHOUT hack activated

https://68.media.tumblr.com/655b760522d550d6624cf22ceeb617d8/tumblr_onhom5RzBv1vilcqco6_1280.png WITH hack activated

When playing this in a 16:9 aspect on a 50" LCD TV you can see how much more sleek and slim the entire picture looks, as well as how Ryo hasnt been eating pies all the live long day. It looks so much more closer to its original than it ever has done.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9653827771db5b035d39b89995c6cebc/tumblr_onhom5RzBv1vilcqco1_1280.png
WITHOUT hack activated

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f13b0d018a000a4e4dc7f22ec89d468a/tumblr_onhom5RzBv1vilcqco2_1280.png
WITH hack activated

I dont think the pictures do this one justice, but the notebook also looks far more thin, and less as intrusive on the screen. It looks as if its standing more upright and less stretched, distorting the image. This in return make the text look a lot more neat and well presented.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/fd3675c700c55a6783c373fe0a6e6e10/tumblr_onhom5RzBv1vilcqco3_1280.png
WITHOUT hack activated

https://68.media.tumblr.com/13404db0efa832cd41eb74352e2530bf/tumblr_onhom5RzBv1vilcqco4_1280.png
WITH hack activated

The final image is the one where people had been saying for weeks during the streams where you can see the purpose and difference this at its best. Circular objects go from looking oval shaped and stretched, to perfectly circular, and again, just make the game feel and look much more neat and sleek.

I know the pictures may not look much different, or even that much of a big deal, but trust me, when playing the games it feels miles different, and if anyone is running Shenmue through an emulator in widescreen mode then you need this hack.
Thank you again Esppiral!
by Peter
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stream's going live in 30 mins over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo
It's always a blast, so do consider coming along and joining in the fun :D
by Jibby
Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Many thanks to Peter and the guys for the warm welcome during yesterday's night Stream.
(This was my first ever Twitch session ^^ )

It was like watching the "World Cup" of Shenmue, given the level of passion and knowledge among the participants. :king:

Although it starts at midnight, local time, I hope to join more often.
by Kiske
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks as always Jibby.

Also going to be bringing up the possibility of changing the start times for the weekly streams. Just to get a consensus of what time suits everyone. Can't wait to see you all there :heart:
by Peter
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remember this week's stream on thursday will be 2 hours earlier than normal...well 2 hours earlier will be the new time :)

9PM GMT / 1PM PT / 3PM CT / 4PM ET
by James Brown
Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey guys, remember that the new stream times take effect as of tonight, (9PM GMT / 1PM PT / 3PM CT / 4PM ET) so that means that Part 6 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live in an hour over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo

Tonight, we will get to see the hard to miss Fangmei Birthday cutscenes, as well as a little duck racing!! Not to be missed!

Here's part 5 in case you need to catch up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLltVHNXEI8
by Jibby
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had planned to join for a bit at least, but the 5 am start time (JST) defeated me. I will take on the challenge again next week!
by Switch
Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cédric Biscay interview by ActuGaming.net

sandsoles16 wrote: so all the rumors that this was done was fake then?

I'd take it with a grain of salt. If the rumour is true, Cedric's not just going to confirm it in an interview.
by Jibby
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone, remember that Part 7 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo.

We've got a lot in stock tonight from professional duck racing to Fangmei's birthday, so it's definitely not one to be missed!

If you need to catch up, you can find Part 6 and and all other parts on the Shenmue Dojo Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkF43XbEEXg

Hope to see everyone there :mrgreen:
by Jibby
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cédric Biscay interview by ActuGaming.net

Full translation (Probably not as accurate as it would be the other way round).

Q: Right now, you are producing Shenmue 3, which is still in development. How did things go with Sega and Sony to finally achieve this?

Cédric Biscay :To be fair, I would say it was possible in the first place thanks to the original author, Yu Suzuki. I know him very well and met him several times. At first, it was impossible to seriously consider a sequel to Shenmue 2, because the Licence owners (SEGA) didn't want to hear about it. Over time, we (Shibuya Productions) and Yu Suzuki wanted to work together on a game. So we launched a project who could not be completed in the end. At the same time, the situation about Shenmue 3 changed and Shibuya Productions decided to produce it. It's also at this time that we chose to work with crowdfunding, in order to check if the Community (fan base) was large enough and if it could help us funding the game.
Ultimately, the decision to make Shenmue 3 comes from Yu Suzuki and Shibuya Productions. Of course, SEGA allows us to use the licence, since they are the owners of the Shenmue franchise. Actually, Sony comes in a second phase, once they saw that everything was secured, that fundings were provided to support the project.
They (Sony) helped us a lot in terms of communication, in particular during E3 (2015) in Los Angeles, when we did the big announcement. And then of course, they will soon participate actively with the game marketing.

Q: So, Shenmue 3 will come out for PC and PS4, right?

Cédric Biscay : That's right, still planned for PC & PS4.

Q: And for Xbox One ? It seems to me they were disagreements on the matter?

Cédric Biscay : Not specifically disagreement, it's more that Microsoft showed late interest in having Shenmue 3 compared to Sony. Obviously, it's easier to want something when everything is easily accessible. We must remember that way before E3 in Los Angeles, everybody was thinking "Well, Shenmue 3 will never come out, it is a bit of a holy grail" or "the first two games didn't sell well enough so nobody will be interested in Shenmue 3". Truth is, from the moment we decided we would bypass/avoid those obstacles, a lot more people showed interest in being part of the adventure.

Q: Since we talk about Shenmue 3, do you have some exclusive news for us? Release date or story elements for example, etc...?

Cédric Biscay : It's not the right time for exclusive news. I'm always surprised that people ask me on a regular basis about the release date because actually, we gave one right from the start and it hasn't changed to this day. It's April 15 right? To this day, Shenmue 3 is still planned for a December 2017 release date. The situation can evolve but there are no contradicting elements at the moment. In any case, we are not running late with development. It doesn't mean we cannot encounter last-minute hitch or whatever. Anyhow, to this day, the development team didn't report any problem to me.

Q: There is also a rumour about HD remasters of the first two Shenmue and apparently, they should come out this year. Do you know if they will really come out this year? Real facts or fiction ?

Cédric Biscay : First of all, ever since the beginning of the project, this is what we would like to happen. Apparently, it’s something SEGA wants too. It’s only my personal opinion but there’s every chance that SEGA has an interest for those remasters, especially considering all the hype surrounding Shenmue 3. So, I cannot officially confirm the remasters, since I don’t work at SEGA, but it seems logical to me that those games come out eventually. What we would really like to see though, is those games released before Shenmue 3 comes out. This would help us a lot with the marketing but would also bring new players to the Series, because to be fair, start a Saga with the third episode isn’t very cool. If people have played the remasters first, it would be much more fun.

Q : About Shenmue 3 gameplay. Is it going to reach a wide audience, that is to say those who already know the franchise and the new comers ?

Cédric Biscay : That’s what we aim for. That’s what we included with Yu Suzuki in the game. Actually, what we really don’t want, is disappoint the fans. This is essential. And we don’t want to cut our self off from the gamers, this is as simple as that. Therefore, we try to balance things for everybody to be happy but not by making the game hard. It’s essential to keep everybody happy in the true sense of the word. We don’t want to diminish aspects to please others. We want everybody to be happy with the game, this is our goal.

I didn't translate the rest of the interview, since it's not Shenmue relevant.
by Kiske
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, first off, sorry for the blips over the past 2 weeks. I know they were supposed to be (arguably) the best episodes that we will have done so far, covering Fangmeis Birthday, and of course the duck racing. Unfortunately, my ISP here had other plans, and despite thinking i was on the best (and most expensive!) package, it turns out not necessarily so. I currently get 70mb download speeds, and 5mb upload speeds. Thats more than adequate for me, however the problem has arisen when we moved the start times, and 9pm is still within the "peak time" threshold. Its because of this, that the screen started juttering after the 1 hour mark, with OBS dropping frames like crazy, and the reason for this is because my ISP only allow up to a 2gig upload threshold per hour. They do have valid reasons for this, in particular to prevent P2P sharing and other illegal activity, but the issue is what about the rapidly rising amount of uploaders to the likes of Twitch and Youtube etc. who are doing perfectly legal activities.

So my ISP also have a 200 "gamer" package where they have promised me no traffic management restrictions or thresholds. Its a little bit more extra a month (of course it is) so ive went ahead and ordered it. The alternative was to move the times back to what they were which first of all, doesnt really suit myself with working a full time job, as well as the numbers and response to the new times have been very positive. Anyways, that hopefully will take care of any issues we have had, and the times will stay the same for this weeks stream and we will see how we get on.
by Peter
Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, so tonight's stream will be going live at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo.

Thanks for bearing with us with the technical difficulties over the past few streams, this time things should go down without a hitch and we should be able to stick to the time listed above. I look forward to seeing everyone there tonight!

You can find the previous stream here should you need to catch up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-l1gxbo80
by Jibby
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edit: All is well. Tonight's stream will go ahead as normal. Fingers crossed for a problem free show.
by Peter
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you so much to everyone who tuned in to tonight's stream. It was so much fun. Really great to see so many new names in chat. The Shenmue community is definitely one of the greatest to be a part of.
by Jibby
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are currently working hard on E3 plans for the channel. Since this will be our first year (and E3 is always a celebration of Shenmue) we want to make it as entertaining and packed full of content as we can.

But at the same time, we are open to suggestions! If anyone has any ideas for content, comments, or anything at all then let us know in here, or PM me if you like. 5 weeks to go, the countdown is on!
by Peter
Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

May 3rd: Tweetathon to #SaveShenmueHD

http://s3.postimg.cc/nwiv27e03/May3rd_Dojo.png

This Wednesday, all fans are invited to join in the #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon, the monthly campaign activity leaning on Sega to confirm remasters of Shenmue 1 & 2 in time for Shenmue 3's release.

With E3 on the horizon, there's no better time to urge Sega to end the speculation and uncertainty and answer the call to restore the original chapters of the Shenmue story for players old and new alike.

To participate, simply tweet the hashtag and retweet others who are doing the same. Further campaign information is available at TeamYu.net . May the 3rd be with Yu!
by Team Yu
Tue May 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

mjq jazz bar wrote:Yes, typically ends of months are 4 weeks away from the beginning of months.

:roll:

It was four weeks to the day when I posted that, smart arse.
by Spaghetti
Wed May 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone, remember that Part 9 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo

Tonight we should be saying goodbye to Hong Kong and moving on to Kowloon!
Come join us!

And as always, you can find all previous parts on the Shenmue Dojo YouTube channel, should you be needing to catch up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIj7fkky7u4
by Jibby
Thu May 04, 2017 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Zero 2010 - Download link

Is there a working download link in 2017? I was considering updating with a new patch.

Edit: I got one from Mittens. :)

https://mega.nz/#!hAdR0JwQ!RN0vCl3abO3q ... xQBZW2GgI8
by Erin
Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello, hello! Quick reminder that Part 10 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo

Hope to see you there!

If you need to catch up, you can find Part 9 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2R5efktgIY
by Jibby
Thu May 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was great to make the stream last night, in case anyone wanted it this is the mix that was played at the start:

phpBB [video]
by b_ren
Fri May 12, 2017 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A rare opportunity for myself to get the sax out on the YouTube Music stream

by Peter
Tue May 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello everyone! Quick reminder that Part 11 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo

Here's part 10 should you need to catch up:
phpBB [video]
by Jibby
Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello everyone! We've got something special lined up for you all. Tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET), not only will Part 12 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough be going live on Twitch, but we will also be dual streaming to YouTube! This is also the plan for our upcoming E3 stream.

If you want to watch on Twitch, you can do so at: http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo
If you want to watch on YouTube, it's: https://youtu.be/XApXjEJNZws

Peter will be reading and interacting with both chats.

We also have an exclusive Shenmue II video lined up, so be sure to arrive to the stream on time in order to catch that. It's something that's never been uploaded to YouTube so you probably don't want to miss it!

And of course, you can find Part 11 and all previous parts right here if you're behind on the streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcd2z-prBTU
by Jibby
Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey guys! As usual tonights Stream will commence from 9PM BST, which from the time of this post is a little over 2 and a half hours away! Please check your own zone to be sure! As we did last week, we will be available to view live from both Twitch and Youtube.

To remind you, you can find the Twitch channel here - http://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo
And the Youtube stream will be live over at the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZwLvaMVaE

If you missed last weeks stream, the video is now available on Youtube - https://youtu.be/nc8T456jzbk

You will have just enough time to watch the whole thing before tonights stream :)

Hope to see you guys over there in a couple of hours time! Feel free to join slightly earlier, as there's usually a few people who arrive early for a little chat :)
by James Brown
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

June 3rd: Tweetathon to #SaveShenmueHD

https://s12.postimg.cc/8my1nhv7h/June3rd-dojo.png

This Saturday, June 3rd, offers the last chance before E3 for Shenmue fans to collectively press Sega for confirmation of HD remasters.

The monthly #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon invites all gamers to use the hashtag and retweet other participants in a united, public demonstration of the demand for Shenmue 1 & 2 on modern platforms, with extra critical emphasis on releasing these games before Ys Net's new sequel arrives.

To help restore and preserve the original chapters in the Shenmue saga for curious newcomers and nostalgic fans alike, please take part on the day via Twitter or pre-load a scheduled AutoTweet at TeamYu.net .
by Team Yu
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Despite whatever Shenmue 3 throws at us, i love the people in chat who make these stream what they are. Thank you everyone!

Also mind blowing that anyone can be watching in any type of environment. Even broadcasting live in an office! Thanks for the photo Garvello!

http://i.imgur.com/IFuepie.jpg
by Peter
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello everyone! Quick reminder that Part 14 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET)

It's going to be a good one tonight. We've got an extended edition of Shenmue News, a Shenmue item unboxing and of course, the storm on the Yellow Head Building. Not one to be missed!

The stream will be broadcast to Twitch and YouTube simultaneously and you can find the links to watch below:

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhrDs4je7i4

Here's part 13 should you need to catch up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZwLvaMVaE
by Jibby
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If anyone missed the full stream from Thursday night and wants to catch up before Monday's epic finale + E3 Sony stream, you can find it here :) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhrDs4je7i4

Was such an awesome stream! Thanks so much Peter! Hope everyone can join us for the finale on Monday :)
by James Brown
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tonight's the night we've been waiting for everyone!
At 10PM BST (2PM PT/4PM CT/5PM ET), the finale of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will go live as we play disk 4 through to the end. After that, live coverage of the Sony E3 press conference will begin!

Watch on Twitch at: https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo
Watch on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ziming

The stream will begin in:

https://pending.me.uk/cd/gra_1497301200.png
by Jibby
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic