Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Corey Marshall confirmed to voice Ryo in Shenmue 3

I see it as a plus as most fans heard Corey in the west on Shenmue 1 and 2 and if they brought in different voice actors it would be a fucking dumb move.

Goddammit at least for continuity sake!
by Anthony817
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall confirmed to voice Ryo in Shenmue 3

I see it as a plus as most fans heard Corey in the west on Shenmue 1 and 2 and if they brought in different voice actors it would be a fucking dumb move.

Goddammit at least for continuity sake!

Well hope he has improved since the last decade and a half,i will be playing with Japanese VO anyway as i for one think corey is terrible at VO.

Thanks for letting us know.

Seriously don't know why people have to bash the English voices, same people would moan if they replaced Corey with someone that doesn't sound remotely similar to Ryo from the first 2 games. This is a massive plus as Corey was fine I thought, and did a great job voicing Ryo. His support towards the series has been second to non, and it's not like he's been stagnant for the last 14 years, he's always done interviews, spoke to fans, I reckon he probably would do the work for free as long as they paid for him to get to Japan or wherever they plan to record VO.

Just be happy that the people who grew up with the English voices are going to enjoy the experience of playing Shenmue 3 just as much as the people who grew up preferring the Japanese, since it's obvious we're gonna get both now. There isn't 2 releases anymore split between Japan and EU/US, it's 1 release, so it will have both VO's.
by James Brown
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic