Search found 341 matches

Return

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

FINALLY!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Just took 2392 tickets. New video coming very soon.
by BlueMue
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Struggling with life today after watching David Tennants last Doctor Who episode. :cry:

Dunno if I wanna watch Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi now.

I'm literally addicted to Top Gear UK and watch it about every day, it's my favorite show. We have BBC America where it's aired. I often fall asleep to it and wake up in the morning where they play Dr. Who. I am so confused as to the point of the show, the plot, etc. The special effects and acting are appalling, I don't understand the appeal at all.
by Jeff
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Skip airing out the books!

Kids these days always trying to get out of doing any work.
by Rakim
Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Well also the fact she claims to be a gamer when there is video evidence of a presentation she did, prior to her now-infamous webseries, where she outright says she is not a gamer.

She's basically been proven to be a liar and also misconstruing (or purposely leaving out) information in her arguments to make them seem stronger, which I find unfortunate because there are valid points she makes at times. But those "le reddit" manchildren with that Gamergate shit really help mask all that and make her look like a martyr when in fact everything should be debated fairly and with more maturity.

And yeah, everyone needs to develop thick skin or else you can't learn to survive in this world. A society of victims does not do the world good.
by Kenny
Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm so glad I get to play this game before I die.

I can sort of share that sentiment.

Shenmue was a game I always wondered if I'd ever see it in my lifetime, and the milestone anniversaries just kept going by. I honestly thought if we had gotten to 20 and still had no Shenmue games, then it honestly was dead and buried.
by Peter
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aimless Gamer wrote:
Locke_cole wrote: I mean no disrespect at all, but I read your post...then looked at your avatar and and almost fell out of my chair laughing.

It would not be good if I fell out of my chair laughing. :lol: Time to go in my bubble!

Your the man. Here is to good health and shenmue 3!
by Locke_cole
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've thought about this from the other side too.

Come launch, will pour one out for the fans who will never get to play 3 (assuming i'm still alive).
by Xandui
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD

They sure as hell probably noticed whats been going on though. If Sega doesnt re-release them for us they are full on oblivious and retarded.
by Axm
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People should let the guys at Sony like Gio Corsi, Shuhei Yoshida and Adam Boyes know that they want Shenmue 1&2 HD. The hype is bigger now for Shenmue then it will be again until Shenmue III comes out. It's a chance to get more people to do stuff like a tweetathon. Sony have shown they take this building the list thing serious, they've also shown they have a good relationship with SEGA by getting Yakuza 5 localized and Shenmue III made. In the next month or two we should organize something and let them know we want to carry over our capsule toys from the first game to the last.
by Riku Rose
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The way things have been going at Sega these days, it's like they're allergic to money and want to go bankrupt. They have to realize that re-releasing Shenmue I and II (along with Skies of Arcadia) would be profitable.
by Kaven
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

So this is finally happening! What a joy that is to have our names in our favorite game ever! But I think our work is still not finished. Are there any more ideas to bring even more awareness for the campaign? I'm spreading the word around and personally selling part of my music and game collection to raise more funds for the cause! (I'm not rich but I'll sacrifice a bit of what I have for something I truly love). 2 million is meager (about 10% of the actual development cost) for a quality free roaming 3D game, specially a game like Shenmue. This is an once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us!

Here are some ways to help generate funds for the campaign:

http://s16.postimg.org/bpipw7jad/Untitled.png
Also found in this topic.

Generate Hype by Ranking Shenmue 3 as the Most Anticipated Game
http://s3.postimg.org/vw6p5mj7n/Untitled.png
PS. The more games you add in your list, the more points the #1 game will have, so add other games that don't belong in the top 20 of that page in order for Shenmue 3 to get the full 10 points.

YouTube Money
http://s21.postimg.org/inui2iw13/Untitled.png

Redbubble Campaign T-Shirt (Legit company based in Australia - all proceeds go towards the campaign)
http://s14.postimg.org/6wpr3hkz5/Untitled.png
by sand4fish
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III Kickstarter marketing needs some work

The marketing for this KS is atrocious. The video tells nobody who doesn't know what Shenmue is anything about it or why it's special. It's just "here's Shenmue III, do you like it???" When it should be recapping the story of a boy driven by anger and revenge as he goes to extremes to find his fathers killer on an epic coming of age Kung fu story. But no, Yu talks about move scrolls instead. They could even go the "You know QTE's? Well Shenmue modernized it and every game you've played since that has had them since is jacking our shit without the quality. Suck on it" or how about "Shenmue was a game of ahead of its time that had unparalled attention to detail and tight, focused storytelling." It makes no sense.

It has been coasting on the goodwill of Shenmue fans and the interest of non-fans. It needs more than that and to articulate why such a game would make Huber act like an excited child and end up grasping his co-workers hands in tears. It needs to show WHY it's so special to us so it can be passed on to a new generation.

Even the Kickstarters aesthetic looks amateur.

You got all these interviews and stuff, and how many of them are in English? Please stop with the French stuff. The game will only be at Monaco? But not TGS or GDC or PAX? What is this foolishness? France isn't that special and doesn't have a monopoly on Shenmue fans. Try marketing this in China, for isntance.

The marketing for this KS is AWFUL and we as Shenmue fans can do better than them. Yu needs our help!
by Himuro
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall wants to help us

Rakim wrote: Someone should contact the Kickstarter team and Corey and try to get them to make him into a reward.
i.e. He'll record your voice mail or send you a personal message in Ryo's voice if you pledge.

Already ahead of you. I've been in contact with Corey directly as well.
by LanDC
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

wdrpgwd wrote: GUESS WHAT!!!

Congrats. You will be joining me and Ken Sugimori with Yu Suzuki.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, Peter. Would have been cool to meet you.
by LanDC
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't believe all 3 of the people who bought dinner with Yu Suzuki belong to this place. This forum is definitely the best Shenmue Forum out there!
by sand4fish
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel guilty now, Peter...

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

A lot of the pictures are of my brother and I.

Here is me with the kids.
http://i.imgur.com/b8Bc9z0.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, wdrpgwd is clearly a fantstic human being. He deserves his face as Ryo regardless of his donation. And if that's him in that picture, I would honestly be totally totally cool with it.
by mue 26
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What pace will you play through Shenmue III?

We're all getting the bad ending aren't we...
by south carmain
Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Troy Baker as Ryo?

Corey Marshell or Japanese voice actors.. He is Ryo Hazuki!
by Snoopbob2006
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Locke_cole wrote: As a side note...what are you guys slinging to have an extra 10k laying around?

Dope. .....

Nah, just going in quite a bit of debt for it, honestly. But it's fucking worth it.
by LanDC
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric Biscay replied to me on Twitter and is going to check if an extra space can be made for me! He also retweeted the message! Fingers crossed, the dream still has hope!
by Peter
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

Whatever it is, as long as it's not a stupid box moving game!

Driving forklifts and moving product was like real-life, legitimate work, even the book carrying wasn't tooooooo video gamey. But the box moving was goofy as all get out. Who the heck expects you to carry crates while they shout, in rapid succession, "LEFTLEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHT!" How about we just carry them like normal people, eh Delin?

I think the idea of manual labor sounds right. Fishing? Sheep herding? Maybe another book-carrying like thing, taking care of village artifacts and stuff?

To this day me and my brother can not move furniture without saying "Left Left Left" followed by "We're putting it down now!" No one ever knows what we are talking about, but it's something we will always do when we have to move something or help a friend move. For me it's one of the greatest Memories I have of Shenmue 2

But I honestly wouldn't mind if they left it out, or changed it significantly for Shenmue 3 since it really was super redundant and monotonous. And even after all that work I never really liked the move "Rising Uppercut" that Hong De Lin your crate lifting partner would teach you before going off to face Ren.
by Ninja Trigger
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

http://i.imgur.com/R9dPCjn.jpg

Dear Members,

As many of you know, last week was a week that will go down in history for our community. After 14 years of waiting and hoping, it was revealed by Yu Suzuki himself that he is finally in a position to move forward with the creation of Shenmue 3, albeit with a bit of a caveat. Through the announcement of a Kickstarter campaign , Suzuki-San as asked us the fans to help bring his dream, as well as ours, to life by backing and supporting a campaign to help fund the development of the project. While there are various entities supporting this project, Suzuki-san himself has stated that that the fate of Shenmue 3 now rests in our hands and that our actions as a community will dictate the capabilities his team will have in creating the game and to ideally meet its full creative potential.

If you have not already done so, please visit the campaign website and take some time to consider the extent to which you would be willing and able to support this project; note that there are a range of pledge levels with corresponding reward tiers for every single level of backing. As the campaign progresses, there will also be added levels of support to coincide with stretch funding goals as they are introduced. All of the funds that are pledged will be allocated to and utilized SOLELY by YSNET to develop the game.

Contrary to a lot of the dubiously sourced misinformation that has been circulating in recent days, Sony will NOT be funding the entire budget for the game nor will they subsidizing the development costs for YSNET. While Sony will provide various technical investments in conjunction with marketing and promotional support, this project will remain firmly in the directorial hands of Yu Suzuki and his staff. While it is true that there are a number of backers for Shenmue 3, we at this time do not know the scope of how these other entities are involved with the project. All that we can establish for now is that we as a community are in fact the primary patrons for the development of the game and that the responsibility of making Shenmue 3 the strongest game it can be ultimately resides with us.

Over the next few weeks leading up to the conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign, we will be introducing two specific social-media based initiatives to promote the backing of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter and the series as a whole. The first initiative, #30onthe3rd , is a continuation of our monthly tweetathon #SaveShenmue but with a twist. On 7/3/2015, we encourage everyone to who is able to increase their pledge amount by $30 and post a corresponding tweet as a sign of solidarity within the community. The 2nd initiative, #10MillionToShenmue3 , is a hashtag campaign to be disseminated across all social media platforms to highlight the need for additional funding for Shenmue 3 in order have it be the project that Yu Suzuki has dreamed of creating. In a recent interview, Suzuki-san stated that at a $10 million funding level Shenmue 3 would feature a truly open world that would follow in the lineage of the previous installments.

The time has finally come for us in the Shenmue community to support the series that has given us so much over years. We are now in a position where we can directly impact and influence the creation of Shenmue 3 and give Suzuki-san our direct input While the task at hand may seem daunting, if we come together and collaborate our efforts we will attain the game that we have wanted and deserved for so long. Thank you all very much for your support and we would not be in the position we are in now if it was not for your perseverance and dedication for the series against all odds. We have truly made it.

Keep friends,

The Shenmue Dojo Staff
by Yama
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Trailer Dub with Corey Marshall

Hi everyone, with Corey's permission, I dubbed the kickstarter video with his voice.

Enjoy!

phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Yeah i just said the same in that "OMG, just 31K in one day" thread. As we say in germany - the opera is not over until the fat girl finished singing. And for Shenmue that will be July 18th.

And some campaigns like "30 for 3" already look promising, I bet we can boost up the money quite a bit. Also loads of people are still in summer vacation and prolly missed the good news.

Personally i also hope that Yu Suzuki and his team will do a bit more. Some more rewards would help, look at how much bloodstained made from "brag style" rewards like "Your picture in the game", "Your name for an item" "Your dog as an enemy" and so on. I don't say we need Mitt3nz dog in the game or so, but i guess it wouldn't be much of a story breaker to have a small photo studio in one of the villages that has sample photos on the walls that could show some people who donated 2 grand and stuff. Or a capsule toy called "LanDC's guitar". Just kidding with the examples, but i guess you get how much more potential there would be. So far i think the rewards could be improved.

And not sure what the reason is for "PC and PS4". Not the worst choice of platforms, but indeed - errrr Xbox? And even if they have some exclusive agreement with Sony i think Mac OSX or Linux ports would not break the revenue much. I mean unreal engine can compile for virtually every platform, hell you could compile Shenmue 3 on iPhone if you want it.
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

The lack of promotion off the team doing the Kickstarter is really underwhelming...where are the social media pages, the new reasons to up pledges on Kickstarter (more tiers), better introduction to the series for people who aren't already fans (it's pretty much just geared towards the established fanbase; which seems smaller nowadays than it used to be), lack of Kickstarter stretches [where are the stretches for things like the arcade games, voice acting, martial arts training returning from S1, returning development team members that Suzuki briefly talked about etc]. Suzuki should reach out to his industry friends to gain more interest. Surely he has friends in game development that would do a 30 second snippet explaining why people should pledge (ex SEGA developers, SWERY, friends at other development studios, whoever, just get more interest anyway they can). Suzuki is influential to a lot of game developers.

Relying on the fans to do all of the work for them is kind of annoying. We have day jobs, they're the ones getting paid to do these sorts of things.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall called out Conan o'Brien

https://mobile.twitter.com/coreymarshallvo/status/613770678643261441

Not sure if it's been posted. But to those of you with twitter or Facebook please share this to raise awareness!
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

Disclaimer : there will be some generalizing but most will likely get the main point.

Difficult thread by the way since it's hard to stop when listing a few things that you hate.

Facebook, Twitter,... due to large parts of their users being part of the hive mind.
The majority of self absorbed Youtube-personalities.
The overuse of the word "social media" by journalists here. As if Facebook is the first "social" communication channel in the history of mankind.

Seeing an article almost everyday in our papers about someone getting offended by the most trivial things. That, or some dumbass "warning" people. Like recently, a mother told us some tooth paste was dangerous since her kid's teeth fell out. Of course, it had to be the tooth paste and not at all the little detail that the kid drank enormous amounts of cola at a very young age. Something a dentist had told her not to do.

Realizing that you need to buy new clothes or shoes since shopping is boring.
Our current politicians and their view on a myriad of issues (don't get me started).
Politicians speaking about things that they have no clue about while looking down on an actual expert in the field.

The stupidity of terrorists who gladly fight for the cause and the afterlife without wondering once why their top leaders don't feel the urge to do as they preach. The afterlife is so great but still those leaders run away from bomb attacks. Weird.

Internet, blessing and curse but I hate that stupidity is able to spread much faster than before and often becomes fact.

Those people on Facebook who share I Fucking Love Science stuff and suddenly feel like they are part of a scientific elite above the "common people". All because they share a nice picture of a galaxy now and then with a witty little fact (sometimes wrong). Here, find the eigenvalues and eigenvectors for this ordinary homogeneous differential equation instead. Boring and difficult you say? Yeah, that's the daily grind for scientists.

Traffic jams
Myself
"Social experiments" on Youtube. Fake shit most of the time trying to score some PC points.
Judging by the comments on Facebook, everyone is pretty or smart or brave,...

I'd better stop.
:-({|= ](*,)
by ys
Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twats at the gym who sit at the machine for an eternity playing on their phones or taking *ugh* selfies...matter of fact, add 'selfie-sticks' to the list as well, still can't believe we live in a world where those are a thing...
And people being glued to their mobile phones in general, really. As a support worker/carer myself nothing pisses me off more than seeing colleagues piss about on their phone rather than pay attention to the people they are paid to engage with and look after :(
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People cruising on the outside lanes when I want to overtake them. Don't really think this needs an explanation.

People suddenly becoming a Kickstarter expert / somehow have become able to see the future in relation to Shenmue 3.
The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has been pretty badly handled tbf. It's been a very authentic Shenmue experience for all the wrong reasons.
by Bambi
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

Basically I'm sayin in game if it brings extra funds. I don't mind Ryo turning to the screen every 60 secs and smiling while he tells us why Sensodyne is the number one toothpaste recommended by dentists. I'll just wait for a mod to sort it out before I play.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.

Thanks to him. Glad I can tag along. I wanted the script too but just the dinner is fine. Great opportunity !
by DEVILLE_David
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

$12M stretch goal - fire Awesome Japan. We'd hit it in a day.
by ElephantStone
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So they decided to stream on what looked like a built in laptop camera. They also just decided to film in what looks like the corner of Yu's dining room. It seriously looked like a school project some kids where doing for a media project.
The interviewer was clearly stoned or suffers from some form of autism and shouldn't have been put in that position. They're lucky only 2,500 where watching because if this had a large audience the whole Kickstarter would just become a meme about that guy.
75% of the questions had already been answered yet the interviewer asked every question twice.
The translator seemed too get stuck on a word during every answer and just gave up translating and smiled at the camera as if the answer was finished.
They're looking at a way to make the psychical copy happen but in a way that will make fans happy? Put the disc in a box with a cover that says Shenmue 3!
They announced there would be pictures of the new rewards and then said that the photos weren't working and moved on.
The interviewer just kept saying the chat was going too fast and ended the stream.
The fact they said they would explain in detail the stretch goals past $5 million makes me worried they'll do this again. I can honestly see them learning from nothing here.
by Riku Rose
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know it's never been done before but someone from Ys Net should get in touch with Kickstarter, to get the campaign extended to 60 days. Once that's taken care of - fire Awesome Japan. Then a more competent marketing team can take over the campaign and get things back on track. I'm sure that after Shenmue 3 broke records on its first day respectable marketing teams would be lining up to take this job if given the opportunity.
by Kintor
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170024411&postcount=800

- Awesome Japan has "helped" 13 kickstarters prior to this (in a span of 11 months), only 7 were successful
- Only 1 videogame kickstarter ,Soul Knights (ex Nippon Ichi staff), barely met the goal of $60k with only 246 backers
- only 1550 backers and $170k for all their campaigns combined so far
- they had no native english speaker before this kickstarter apparently. All of their previous campaigns had significant spelling and translation mistakes

how did this happen
by Ziming
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/6qL7BZU.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vfVZ3nT.gif

http://i.imgur.com/0Da4fn7.png

http://i.imgur.com/7CUYMHS.gif

http://i.imgur.com/bNbCdVc.gif

This guy might become an internet meme...which may actually help Shenmue 3 Kickstarter unintentionally. [-o<
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was bad. And yes, unfortunately, I think to strangers to Shenmue it probably makes the project look like a joke. At the very least it makes it look unprofessional and like those involved don't know what they are doing. And while maybe that's true about Awesome Japan (I don't know them personally) it certainly isn't true of Yu Suzuki or the original development team.

That is what bothers me most. This guy is representing SHENMUE - this amazing game series that Yu created. This game that Yu never gave up on. This game which after all this time he is working hard to make happen properly. And this game series which represents a large portion of his life's work - has this guy looking very inebriated whilst representing it. It's a shame. And I don't like calling people out, because usually people are trying, and just may not be succeeding. He doesn't seem to be trying. But honestly, Awesome Japan is probably just out of their depth.

I had to stop watching it. And then I see it looks like they only did like 5 questions. Sigh. Questions which have mostly been answered 20 times.
by squall
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some people just want to watch the world burn

(Apology for my language in advance)

Jesus christ..
I read the whole thing. How painful it was. What a complete douche bag elitist cunt. Why be a dick about this? Get off the high horse.. you are wrong. Take the article down atleast. No need to really correct it, just take it down out of respect to actual journalistic integrity.

Do we need to tweet at this guy? Email him all individually? Whats it going to take? Yu Suzuki himself knocking on his door with an excel spreadsheet? FFS..

Bravo on you for dealing with this POS.
by Axm
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic