Search found 341 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I'm pretty much done with your toxicity and constant negative attitude. This is your last..... Last warning. It's not 2012 anymore, and the toxic place this once was, isn't what it's like anymore. Not as long as I own it. Change the attitude or find another site to visit.
by Peter
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue HD footage from PC GAMER show

Small snippet of unseen Shenmue HD footage from the PC GAMER show at E3:
phpBB [video]

Looks great!
by Jibby
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

Hello Backers!

We know the backer surveys have been a long time in coming and apologize for the wait. The backer surveys are almost ready and will be going out to everyone soon.

The surveys will begin with a soft open for a few randomly selected backers. Those of you selected will receive an email from Fangamer with a link to your survey. The survey will be sent to the email address you have registered with Kickstarter for Kickstarter backers, or either your PayPal or Shenmue.link registered email for Slacker Backers. Please answer the questions and hit that continue button!

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/021/538/636/ec500908d4d429a03daca5378d48a3d9_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1528707373&auto=format&q=92&s=8c93c3105f9e40d69e3333b7937b6e06

The official survey start and end dates will be announced after backer feedback, system tweaks and a thorough FAQ has been compiled. The survey questions address both physical rewards and in-game content rewards.

The dev team will be eagerly awaiting your responses and would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Good to see the surveys are now starting! Be sure to let us know if you have gotten a link from Fangamer!
by Peter
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Is anybody able to confirm for me whether you can go back and upgrade your pledge after completion of the survey? Or does completing the survey lock that in? Cheers!

I sent the kickstarter team a message asking about upgrading to the 600$ tier, and they told me that it could be an option in the future. I then asked if I should wait to fill out the survey just incase, or if I could fill it out now and then change it later (if the option for $600 becomes available) and Joel replied with the following:

"You can always go back and edit your survey answers until the close in September, so if something is added, it will be easy to go back in and make any changes."

Hope that helps!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

It's funny, sometimes I feel like I may be just about the only one who's actively avoiding most scraps of info that we get on the game. For all the money I spent on the kickstarter (good god, did I really spend that much?! Most expensive game I've ever bought, that's for damn sure) I'd rather the whole thing be as fresh as possible for me.

That being said, that survey video is actually impressive as hell to me. I've seen a few comments about the facial animations being bad, or about some of the effects feeling a generation or two behind.
Most important thing to me?

It actually has the same vibe as the original games.

Shucks to any of that complaining; I hope the whole game looks just like this. I didn't think they'd be able to do it, but despite the graphics obviously being far more advanced than they were in the originals, the overall visual style and the quality of the animation is weirdly comparable to the first two games, in terms of personality.
My biggest fear when the game was announced was that there would be some kind of ugly discord in visual style between games, so that going directly from a playthrough of S2 to S3 would feel jarring and unnatural. Jumps between generations can often be that way. I was one of those that used to always say, even as generations moved on, that I really wouldn't even mind if they just made S3 with the same graphics engine as the originals, in the interest of keeping the whole series as "harmonious" as can be. Always figured "next-gen" graphics would hurt it.
But no, it seems like they've made it so that the jump will be as seamless as is reasonably possible.
Serious kudos on that. It's just a throwaway survey video, but still. Fills me with a bit of extra faith that things are going well.
by OL
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 100 GB! S3 is not going to be small

I'm pretty sure that the storage value they presented is just a placeholder. It would be really difficult for them to give an accurate estimate for that at this stage of development.

*They also noted that the requirements are subject to change.
by Ceej
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

A photo of Fenghuang.

Skies right outta Shenmue III.
by Spaghetti
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue - Return to Dobuita St. Trailer feat. Koralik+Yusuf!

https://youtu.be/0PaNgpSks3U

Some really beautiful shots of Dobuita here alongside some new gameplay clips showing us more of the new ingame UI such as the Yen counter and the subtitles font. Game looking really sharp and clean.

Also the clown on Tom's Hot Dog truck has been colour corrected back to how it was in the original game! :O

P.S. 100 Yen soda drinks in Shenmue are priced at 130 Yen irl, the inflation is real! :O :D
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

Answers to the questions we have had for a while now are answered as in depth as Adam can explain, including why the cutscenes are in 4:3, what type of audio is being used, which builds of the game are being used and more. Check it out in the video below, and keep the negativity to a minimum please. Bear in mind these games, along with Shenmue 3 were regarded as a sheer miracle a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnc1PfTZM0
by Peter
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue - Return to Dobuita St. Trailer feat. Koralik+Yu

P.S. 100 Yen soda drinks in Shenmue are priced at 130 Yen irl, the inflation is real! :O :D
Yup, that's true. But there's actually one particular machine further along on Dobuita Street that still sells Coke cans at 100 yen which is perfect for recreating the Ryo drinking experience. I like to think the owner's paying tribute to the game by leaving it at that price. :)

Such a well done video. just curious, whats in tom and jack?
Jack is a small bar which even has an electronic darts machine (although it was broken when I went there). The Tom door leads upstairs to a karaoke bar, I believe.
by Switch
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I wish I could of upgraded from my $300 package to the $500 one. so I bought a few extra digital copies.

Well, here's something you might want to try.

From these two threads on Facebook, it seems you can get around the $250 upgrade limit by asking Fangamer to combine multiple accounts, regardless of whether they were originally paid through Kickstarter or the Slacker Backer.

In the first link, the user was able to increase his reward to the $300 tier by merging a Kickstarter account and a Slacker Backer account. In the second link, though dealing with a smaller total, it was confirmed that the user retained his Kickstarter-exclusive rewards during the merge.

So basically, what has been proven in practice is that in your case you could make sure your Slacker Backer donations add up to at least $200, and then email Fangamer to merge all of those with your $300 Kickstarter donation. This should enable you to get the $500 tier with Kickstarter-exclusive items from your original KS pledge intact.

Have a read of both threads and email Fangamer to confirm you're able to do this before making the extra donations, but it seems to be a proven workaround.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic