Search found 341 matches

Return

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

Twats at the gym who sit at the machine for an eternity playing on their phones or taking *ugh* selfies...matter of fact, add 'selfie-sticks' to the list as well, still can't believe we live in a world where those are a thing...
And people being glued to their mobile phones in general, really. As a support worker/carer myself nothing pisses me off more than seeing colleagues piss about on their phone rather than pay attention to the people they are paid to engage with and look after :(
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

People cruising on the outside lanes when I want to overtake them. Don't really think this needs an explanation.

People suddenly becoming a Kickstarter expert / somehow have become able to see the future in relation to Shenmue 3.
The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has been pretty badly handled tbf. It's been a very authentic Shenmue experience for all the wrong reasons.
by Bambi
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

Basically I'm sayin in game if it brings extra funds. I don't mind Ryo turning to the screen every 60 secs and smiling while he tells us why Sensodyne is the number one toothpaste recommended by dentists. I'll just wait for a mod to sort it out before I play.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.

Thanks to him. Glad I can tag along. I wanted the script too but just the dinner is fine. Great opportunity !
by DEVILLE_David
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

$12M stretch goal - fire Awesome Japan. We'd hit it in a day.
by ElephantStone
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So they decided to stream on what looked like a built in laptop camera. They also just decided to film in what looks like the corner of Yu's dining room. It seriously looked like a school project some kids where doing for a media project.
The interviewer was clearly stoned or suffers from some form of autism and shouldn't have been put in that position. They're lucky only 2,500 where watching because if this had a large audience the whole Kickstarter would just become a meme about that guy.
75% of the questions had already been answered yet the interviewer asked every question twice.
The translator seemed too get stuck on a word during every answer and just gave up translating and smiled at the camera as if the answer was finished.
They're looking at a way to make the psychical copy happen but in a way that will make fans happy? Put the disc in a box with a cover that says Shenmue 3!
They announced there would be pictures of the new rewards and then said that the photos weren't working and moved on.
The interviewer just kept saying the chat was going too fast and ended the stream.
The fact they said they would explain in detail the stretch goals past $5 million makes me worried they'll do this again. I can honestly see them learning from nothing here.
by Riku Rose
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know it's never been done before but someone from Ys Net should get in touch with Kickstarter, to get the campaign extended to 60 days. Once that's taken care of - fire Awesome Japan. Then a more competent marketing team can take over the campaign and get things back on track. I'm sure that after Shenmue 3 broke records on its first day respectable marketing teams would be lining up to take this job if given the opportunity.
by Kintor
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170024411&postcount=800

- Awesome Japan has "helped" 13 kickstarters prior to this (in a span of 11 months), only 7 were successful
- Only 1 videogame kickstarter ,Soul Knights (ex Nippon Ichi staff), barely met the goal of $60k with only 246 backers
- only 1550 backers and $170k for all their campaigns combined so far
- they had no native english speaker before this kickstarter apparently. All of their previous campaigns had significant spelling and translation mistakes

how did this happen
by Ziming
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/6qL7BZU.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vfVZ3nT.gif

http://i.imgur.com/0Da4fn7.png

http://i.imgur.com/7CUYMHS.gif

http://i.imgur.com/bNbCdVc.gif

This guy might become an internet meme...which may actually help Shenmue 3 Kickstarter unintentionally. [-o<
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was bad. And yes, unfortunately, I think to strangers to Shenmue it probably makes the project look like a joke. At the very least it makes it look unprofessional and like those involved don't know what they are doing. And while maybe that's true about Awesome Japan (I don't know them personally) it certainly isn't true of Yu Suzuki or the original development team.

That is what bothers me most. This guy is representing SHENMUE - this amazing game series that Yu created. This game that Yu never gave up on. This game which after all this time he is working hard to make happen properly. And this game series which represents a large portion of his life's work - has this guy looking very inebriated whilst representing it. It's a shame. And I don't like calling people out, because usually people are trying, and just may not be succeeding. He doesn't seem to be trying. But honestly, Awesome Japan is probably just out of their depth.

I had to stop watching it. And then I see it looks like they only did like 5 questions. Sigh. Questions which have mostly been answered 20 times.
by squall
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some people just want to watch the world burn

(Apology for my language in advance)

Jesus christ..
I read the whole thing. How painful it was. What a complete douche bag elitist cunt. Why be a dick about this? Get off the high horse.. you are wrong. Take the article down atleast. No need to really correct it, just take it down out of respect to actual journalistic integrity.

Do we need to tweet at this guy? Email him all individually? Whats it going to take? Yu Suzuki himself knocking on his door with an excel spreadsheet? FFS..

Bravo on you for dealing with this POS.
by Axm
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

What really pisses me off, is that Awesome Japan will be able to write "record-breaking Kickstarter for both $1M and $2M" on their profile, without even lying.
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall in negotiations to reprise role as Ryo Hazuki

http://i.imgur.com/d9loPAf.jpg

Q: Will the original voice actors reprise their roles?

YS: I auditioned Masaya Matsukaze and Corey Marshall for Shenmue I & II, and I believe their voices are perfect for Ryo’s voice. So I’d definitely like to have them reprise the role again this time. We’re currently in negotiations and I’m sure they will both be happy to do so, so please look forward to that.

Links: Corey Marshall's Twitter | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Page | News Archive
by Ziming
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Of course anyone who knows me and has seen some of my comments knows I am going to donate, but how things stand right now, it's all just a question of how much I will be donating, which is out of my hands right now.

The point I am making is this Twitch stream was an opportunity to promote Shenmue, it's Kickstarter, and also entice people who may not be as huge a Shenmue fan as we are, to consider contributing. However thanks to the schoolboy amaturish nature of last night's broadcast, I can't help feel there will be people who will have switched off and lost interest in the project. Or just laughed at how unprofessional it was and will decide not to back.

Either way, the broadcast will have done more bad than good I feel.

In fact... For a long time I've been tempted to do a video like James Reiner does, as well as a few other people from the community do in terms of just talking about their thoughts etc. And I am tempted to do my first ever video on my thoughts of Shenmue 3, and the Kickstarter campaign up to this point. Will see what happens.
by Peter
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Topic (Twitch)

It wasn't THAT bad. He was just rather disrespectful, especially when considering Japanese manners. How did he ever get this job in Japan? Maybe being quirky was part of his thing, not sure Suzuki knew this when signing up though.

That's exactly what my wife said when I've showed the live to her (she's japanese) !

"How come he's working with Yu Suzuki ?"
"He has no respect"

Cannot say I disagree :/
by DEVILLE_David
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall Asks Fans To Help Get Shenmue On Conan

phpBB [video]
by mjq jazz bar
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Wins GT's E3 2015 Best Debut Award

Game Trailers has given Shenmue 3 the best debut award at E3. Winning out against the heavy hitter FF7 Remake.

Videos: E3 2015 Awards: Best Debut | Michael Huber Reaction | Shenmue 3 Reaction Playlist
by Ziming
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's Watch is up on the Kickstarter

Adam Koralik got the watch. That's AWESOME!
by Peter
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

Soniku,
This all good and dandy but it's not acceptable storytelling. The world of game of thrones is only interesting as its characters. Is there a point to be made with Jon's death? After being shown he'd grow to be a formidable commander of an human army against the White walkers, having been given the most powerful weapon against them (it has even a name and history behind it) and faithful loyal companions including a giant wolf, I'd expect a major plot development after so much buildup but no... It's all puff.. all back to zero so we can now focus on a different set of characters .. until they die of course... And reset.
by sand4fish
Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

Upped from $300 to $1500 to get myself in the game. That's a good story to tell the kids and be immortalized for life.

Opened another account to do another $60 for a physical PS4 copy as well.
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Look out for James Brown's face in Choubu :)!

by James Brown
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

I am beyond stoked!!

Not only is it more convenient, but also that's then Shenmue 3 will be shown again at the new Monaco gaming confrence!!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really happy for you Peter.

I'm disappointed you won't be joining us in Japan though. It would have been fun to visit Yokosuka bars together and pick fights with sailors.

I'm not sure how LanDC feels but I have a little bit of a bittersweet feeling of once having an exclusive dinner with Yu to now being 1 of 3 dinners. It's not overly important in the end. I don't want to be selfish. I'm more concerned with the game being made at the best possible quality, as well as having exposure to the school. Our story made the news in Guilin and we are getting ton's of interest from all over China. A lot of local gamer's are talking about the game now and wanting it to be released in China.
by wdrpgwd
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

Updated just now from my $510!

by BlueMue
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

well for 30 on the 3rd today I upped my pledge by 3..... times #-o

better prepare my ugly mug for people passing through Choubu 8-[

I must be insane
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

200% funded :)

Shenmue III has smashed crowdfunding records only halfway through. Right now, it is the 11th most funded project on Kickstarter- the 3rd (Soon to be 2nd) most funded video game.

As a model, Kickstarter technically never guaranteed Shenmue III funding. I know we all dream of the 11 million experience and stretch goals to get the game, but today I wanted to take stock of our success, because I think going over 200% of the initial asking amount is a milestone worth celebrating.

:rainbowafro: :bday: :smilecolros: :beerchug: \:D/
by NeoShredder
Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. SOMEONE GIVE GAF THESE LINKS

My polite exchange in the comments with the guy who wrote that article...

Needless to say, my comments have a lot more likes than his do.
by Erevador
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even other Kotaku staff don't like it:

http://i.imgur.com/pEaarMo.png

I'm at the beach but just spent a few mins getting caught up on everything. To be clear, all of Kotaku is off today, and we've got a guest freelancer running the site, so posts aren't going through the regular editorial process. As you guys saw, I expressed my feelings in the comments.

There we have it. :rotflmao:
by NeoShredder
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have talked to Jason Schreier, News Editor of Kotaku about this. He is now posting in the Shenmue thread on GAF. He's not happy about this article at all. Apparently the staff is off this weekend and so this post did not go through normal editorial review process.
by Erevador
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

Even fellow Kotaku editors be like "What the hell...?"

Image courtesy of Ryo Hazuki from Neogaf:

http://i.imgur.com/pEaarMo.png

Yeah. Jason has an account at GAF too and has responded in there.

http://i.imgur.com/hDxOnKp.png

http://i.imgur.com/MA2A7GB.png
by Uncle_Raj
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku

Jackie Fhan wrote: link removed

Nope. I'd delete that tweet if I were you. Trolling a troll is giving them what they want.

Better to be the bigger person and let these people embarrass themselves.
by Erevador
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the messages guys. Grab a cup of tea and chill, i will be explaining a few things.

Firstly i have been trying to get more dinner slots added for the better part of 2 weeks now. I missed out on the last Japan slot, which has turned out to be fine! But it did bum me out when it was taken, mostly because i have always wanted to visit Japan, and also meet Matt and also David. So after that slot went, it was logical to at least let someone know that, "hey i have $10,000 i want to give you. Please take it and throw out an extra plate of chow.... all i want to do is meet Yu Suzuki".
So with that in mind, i took to twitter, and just got in contact straight away with Cedric Biscay. To my shock, he tweeted me back with come cryptic comments, with a non confusing positive vibe off of them so things looked good.

As time went on, i was worried about being forgotten, so i decided to post pictures each day of my Shenmue collection, with hashtags mentioning i wanted another dinner and i had $10,000. Just to keep the idea public. But this morning when i woke up i was feeling very negative and was talking to Ziming on chat. I had more or less given up hope this morning, PLUS, i had sold some of my gaming treasures which seemingly had turned out for no reason. One item i sold in particular was a Halo Reach signed poster by the original Bungie team. The last game and the last time they were all together! I expected maybe $200 would be a good auction total for it, but i got a message from a guy in the UK and after a lot of questions about the condition he was happy to buy it for £100. A bit of a loss, but i didnt mind that too much. But this morning he was messaging me complaining he wanted half of his money refunded because i didnt have no caps on the sides of the poster tube and also no bubble wrap in the middle! It was common knowledge he said! I couldnt find a big enough tube for the size of the Poster, so i bought one in a graphics shop which didnt come with caps so i just taped it up well. The poster was fine when it reached him, but this was "not the correct way to send it", and it "wasnt up to his standard". I told him where to go, actually expecting me to refund him half, and have him own a Bungie signed Halo reach poster for £50! So for the first time ever in 8 years of being on ebay, he left me full negative feedback! Fucking asshole, i would punch him in the face repeatedly if i ever seen him.

So i was bumme dout about that, and to be honest not looking forward to the updates, but when it hit... man it was like Shenmue 3 all over again! When i seen Monaco and LA dinners announced i freaked the fuck out and hit it straight away. Even before making the update topics here as the news hadnt broke. I happily chose Monaco because its closer to me and will help with the cost of the trip. Plus after years of discussing Cedric and Shibuya Productions, i knew thats where they were based, and then i thought of how Yu was confirmed to appear at the Magic Monaco convention in 2016 to preview Shenmue 3! I also thought about meeting David Deville at it, and was thinking about asking him to attend with me, but he is already going to Japan with Matt, plus my friend has now shown interest in going, which he can rightfully do since he has backed me with a large amount of my pledge.

So now the dust has settled i am now buzzing and cannot wait to meet Yu. As some of you have said, for me personally it is literally life changing. It means i will now not be emigrating to Australia in November as planned, and i will be focusing my life on gaming. More so than i have ever done. Its more than just a hobby. Its a passion, and you only live once. Why should i not embrace my love for the gaming industry. Now i have no major outgoings, i can focus on buying a lot more games, and developing opinions and perhaps writing some articles and reviews etc. I would say also, since i have a lot of time, and 2 jobs, i can save up and possibly do the Shenmue pilgrimage to China and Japan sometime in 2017!

So thanks for all the love guys, it truely is felt and appreciated! :heart: :heart: :heart:
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

http://i.imgur.com/PZDaNhg.jpg

Hey everyone, my brother and I decided to contribute $20,000 for the making of Shenmue III. We spent many hours thinking about whether this is a good or bad decision. We spent $10,000 in 2012 to get our school off the ground and that went a long way. Because of our initial $10,000 pledge, the school received an amazing amount of attention in China, social media and gaming websites. I'll reiterate, We are not wealthy! This was a hard decision. We could have given $20,000 directly to building the school and it's programs but we feel that this pledge will lead to more exposure and support than what we could do through other mediums.

For those who don't know our school yet. We are called The "V.E.T. Program" (Volunteer English Teacher). You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts&ref=br_tf We teach children and young adults English to help in their educational and career pursuits. Many of these kids come from small villages in the Guilin area and may not have an opportunity to learn elsewhere. You can go to the "about" section on the Facebook page to learn more.

We really need help in reaching our goals. We would love for you to like us on Facebook. We will eventually look outside ourselves and setup a way for donations to be made but we didn't want to distract from the Kick Starter or be overbearing donation hunters.

We decided to make the second $10,000 pledge a character in the game. We don't want to be a character attacking Ryo though. We are going to try and ask Yu Suzuki to let us have one of our Volunteer Chinese teaching assistants be a character in one of the villages. They deserve to be recognized for their hard work. They are volunteers and many of them come from poor rice farms.

We are also hoping that since we will be listed in the credits as a special sponsor that it can have our school with a logo and a website rather than our names.

I don't think any of this would be asking too much. I think it would help get attention to the school. We would love any assistance in helping us achieve this. We also would love to have Yu Suzuki come to the school some day but we won't don't want to be greedy.

Please, help our little school!
http://i.imgur.com/GS7Iwrq.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

someone from a gaming publication or website should make an article about this. not only would it would be great PR for the campaign, it would raise publicity for both shenmue and the school.

and i really can't see Suzuki refusing your requests in regards to the type of NPC you become or of having your school mentioned in the credits.

i wouldn't be surprised if he actually offered you and your school a much more elaborate cameo! (a little school house in Bailu village or something)

yu suzuki visiting your school is also great. heck, someone could produce a really good documentary about this and film the whole thing.
by johnvivant
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

I hope no one backs it, I feel it dosent fit the taste of Shenmue, If it was $5k and your face on the NPC stood next to the lucky hit board I guess it would be better, but I dont know if the complication is from the 3D imaging face scan technique they have to use to apply it to a model.

A better one would be $4k a miniature desktop real life lucky hit board replica from shenmue 2

A full size one would cost too much and shipping would increase

Submitting your own art with the discretion of the art director is cool, but may lead to problems later on if you cant agree on what to submit and you want your $4k back...
the fact no one is going for it shows they need to change it as there is no interest as is.
by wataro
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Even if small, it's effecting the campaign in some way. People love to think they're on the inside of information, the ignorant believe in conspiracy theorist ramblings that 2+2=5, throw them a bone and they'll go after it. The second the mainstream gets a hold of information like this, they think they know better and see it as another major corporation trying to screw them. Again, even if small, every bit counts and this is definitely a negative that we don't need. The point that it's still occurring is baffling.
by Yama
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Yes do tweet at Justin Davis and anyone else in the IGN staff to run a proper article.
Nobody in that podcast circle could even correct Justin Davis when he said what he said. They just feed off each others conjecture.

Edit: Just did it.
Ironic his name is @errorjustin

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/30/ab2e1d87265baed34fd7b9f4be4659b2.jpg
by Axm
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

Thanks everyone. It would be great to see a small school in one of the villages but I'm not having any expectations for what Yu would do. I don't want to make an assumption that we deserve special treatment simply because we gave money.. I'll ask him for these favors and if he says no that will be the end of it.

All we really want is to see the school grow and be able to turn it into something great. We are a non profit and we have a lot of needs at the moment. We get some help from the local college with books and rooms to teach but we would love to build a new headquarters where we have our own classrooms. With the recent attention we are getting in China it will help a lot. We want to recreate locations in Shenmue. My brother joked that he would call the living quarters the Come Over Guest House and have a front desk with a small fan and radio where he can tell people that they need to pay before they leave.

I've been a teacher in Japan for 7 years, and I saw your other post a couple of weeks ago. I would love to visit your school. It would be a great reason to visit Guilin too. I've always been interested in going to China, but I was always too intimidated because I don't know anybody there.
Anyway, I was gonna pm you, but I procrastinated and the half written draft has been sitting there for a while :D
I'll try to get around to it asap.

Please, let me know TB (and AXM).

We would love to have experienced teachers. Even if you don't know the language we still need assistants. And if you don't want to do that, you are still invited to come by. I'd love to meet fellow Shenmue Fans. We also would love to show you around.

Thanks for the like Miles P. Which one were you? I'll add you as a friend though, I don't use Facebook as much as my brother.
by wdrpgwd
Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How will Shenmue III start?

Should be with them leaving the cave, Ryo turning to Shenhua and saying "Is it me, or did it take a lot longer getting out than it did coming in?"
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic