Improbable Releases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Improbable Releases

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:52 am

OL wrote:Neither samurai-based entry came over (even though a samurai setting seems like the obvious shoe-in for localization), nor have either PSP release (which were much smaller and would have required far less work than its console big brothers).

Not to mention the HD ports of Yakuza 1 and 2!

Raithos wrote: -Zone of the Enders 3
-KOTOR 3

Oh man, yes please. Especially ZOE. Imagine that on current hardware. =P~ A new KOTOR actually became more likely with EA now owning both the Star Wars license for the next ten years and Bioware. They've got all the ingredients, they just need to say "we do it!" :D
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:10 am

No mention of Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Mr357 wrote:Gabe has implied many times in recent years that the employees have no motivation to work on it.

Great bunch of employees he's got there.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Mr357
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 am

Right, I forgot to add to the list.

Beyond Good & Evil 2, of course!
Jet Set Radio Future HD
New Jet Set Radio
Tekken X Street Fighter
Grandia II HD

Pretty much verything else has been mentioned I think.

And completely wishful thinking: A Dead or Alive VS. Virtua Fighter game with Dead or Alive mechanics and Ryo Hazuki as a playable guest fighter. DoA5 had four VF guest characters, and the creators talked about wanting to add Ryo to the roster. Tecmo and SEGA apparently have a close relationship, at least when it comes to fighting games, so that's where this wish is coming from.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Thief » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:40 am

Monkei wrote:
A new KOTOR actually became more likely with EA now owning both the Star Wars license for the next ten years and Bioware. They've got all the ingredients, they just need to say "we do it!" :D

I honestly don't see that happening. Disney wants to distance itself from the old Expanded Universe of Star Wars and KOTOR 1 and 2 aren't canon anymore -- maybe another Star Wars RPG could happen, but I doubt it'll be KOTOR 3.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Good point.. oh man, that canon issue. In my opinion it's nonsense to consider anything other than the movies canon anyway. Especially games, or at least Bioware style games with all their decisions and different paths, can never really be canon, can they? Kotor is also set a couple thousand years before the movies, so maybe there's hope for that reason?

If not, oh well. Just another Star Wars RPG by Bioware with a new story and setting would be fine, too. :)

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:12 pm

While I love the KOTOR games, it didn't really seem to make much difference setting everything thousands of years before the films. Despite the millenia between them the tech (lightsabres, blasters, spaceships with hyperdrive) all seems the same. Obviously there are more lightsabres and Jedi wielding them ("an elegant weapon for a more civilised age" and all that) but I still think you could set it in a different time period and have it be just as satisfying (Knights of the New Republic?). I'd like the lightsabre combat to be real-time as well, with the option to pause combat for special abilities/force powers à la Mass Effect.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Snatcher 2 - Story ended on a cliffhanger. Konami own the IP. Kojima vs Konami thing, Kojima supposedly getting pissed on Twitter about it getting canned.
Vagrant Story 2 - Story was left wide open.
Mischief Makers 2 - Just 'cos.
A new game by Yasumi Matsuno - Dude hasn't done anything for a long time now. The Kickstarter game he seemingly has left.
A new game by Hiroyuki Ito - Been a decade since FFXII now...
A new game by Kazuma Kaneko - MIA
Shin Megami Tensei 3-2 (hey, it's improbable, definitely my favourite SMT game still though)
New Legacy of Kain (various projects over the years have been cancelled in this IP).
The Silver Case in English. Fucking Suda man, come on, dooo it. Dickhead cancelled the DS port.
New Ivalice games. Especially a new Final Fantasy Tactics.
Breakdown. Unless Namco decide to make a VR game out of it.

...Silent Hills? Surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet. lol.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Revan is canon, on account of Clone Wars.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:The Silver Case in English. Fucking Suda man, come on, dooo it. Dickhead cancelled the DS port.

The pain! I feel it.
At one point that must have been one of my most anticipated upcoming releases, before it was canned for absolutely no discernible reason. Would have been nice to get a little more context/understanding of Flower, Sun, and Rain...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Sonikku wrote: Star Fox 2.

The game is already finished. :shock:

I was gonna say. Why wait on that, anyway? You can play it anywhere and if you really wanted to, there's a way to get it on a flash cart and boot it up on the SNES.

Plus the new Star Fox is around the corner, but even based on what played it's not even close to the impact Star Fox 64 had.

Amir wrote: While I love the KOTOR games, it didn't really seem to make much difference setting everything thousands of years before the films. Despite the millenia between them the tech (lightsabres, blasters, spaceships with hyperdrive) all seems the same. Obviously there are more lightsabres and Jedi wielding them ("an elegant weapon for a more civilised age" and all that) but I still think you could set it in a different time period and have it be just as satisfying (Knights of the New Republic?). I'd like the lightsabre combat to be real-time as well, with the option to pause combat for special abilities/force powers à la Mass Effect.

Yeah, you'd think a thousand years would make a huge difference but the problem is how can you come up with brand new stuff that can fit in a series like Star Wars? Let alone think of technological advancements or relics.

Lightsabers would pretty much stay the same. There's only so many variations you can do on what's essentially a sword. You'd get different ship designs and blasters, but it's hard to find that right balance.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby reptile » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 pm

A remake with all glitches fixed for the atrocious Sonic 06.
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Thief » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 pm

Kenny wrote:there's a way to get it on a flash cart and boot it up on the SNES.

I don't believe any flashcart can play either Star Fox 1 or Star Fox 2 quite yet. It's really unfortunate. It'd be nice if Star Fox 2 got a real release (maybe like Mother did).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yama » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Rumors of an Outbreak port are popping up. Please be true.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Alex Kidd in Miracle World Returns. Is coming.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Mr357 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:27 pm

Giorgio wrote: Alex Kidd in Miracle World Returns. Is coming.

Proof?
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to General Gaming