Sega working on a suprise title

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby white lotus » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Federico wrote:Shenmue online please God make it happen, I want to play as Mark and throw fireballs. :D

Nigga stole my Phoenix Mirror!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm

It has got to be a new NiGHTS game! (Yuji Naka is probably masturbating over the Wii right now, it's his perfect console, made out of his dreams! Sorry about the awful pun :P)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ToL » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2? lol
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:28 pm

coming out at the end of the year they say!?!

Compass Points to First Details
SEGA reveals info on The Golden Compass.
by Rob Burman, IGN UK

UK, February 27, 2007 - Filling this year's obligatory fantasy film slot at Christmas, is a movie based on Philip Pullman's excellent The Golden Compass (a.k.a. Northern Lights for us Brits). SEGA's developing the equally obligatory video game tie-in and has today divulged both platform and gameplay details for the title.

Players take on the role of either Lyra, the young girl at the centre of the story, or Iorek Byrnison, a powerful armour-clad polar bear. Playing as Lyra, the focus is on exploration and item-collecting, as well as evading and deceiving your way through a variety of confrontations. Lyra also has the ability to use her daemon pal Pan to solve certain puzzles and interact with different elements during her quest to rescue a kidnapped friend.

Meanwhile, taking on the role of Iorek sees gameplay switch to a more combat-heavy style. Carrying Lyra on his back, Iorek battles against enemies using special attacks. The game features 13 different locations - including all-new environments that don't appear in the book or film - alongside the likenesses of the film's cast.

SEGA's The Golden Compass is currently slated for a December 2007 release on ps3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS. Development on DS is being handled by A2M, while Shiny Entertainment (developer of Enter the Matrix) is responsible for all other versions.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:55 pm

How is this a 'surprise for fans'? I was expecting something unpredictable for SEGA to pull out of their huge hat, but I never predicted it would be THIS random or crappy, even for SEGA's standards!
Sega have well and truly, lost it! What are they thinking, really? It is as if they are trying to piss off all of their fans and gamers alike or something...:?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby fuku_san » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:44 pm

Clever Sleazoid wrote:
Federico wrote:Shenmue online please God make it happen, I want to play as Mark and throw fireballs. :D

Nigga stole my Phoenix Mirror!

:lol: It´s a nigga mirror.
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

Postby Hazuki Legend » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:07 pm

thebestbit wrote:coming out at the end of the year they say!?!

Compass Points to First Details
SEGA reveals info on The Golden Compass.
by Rob Burman, IGN UK

UK, February 27, 2007 - Filling this year's obligatory fantasy film slot at Christmas, is a movie based on Philip Pullman's excellent The Golden Compass (a.k.a. Northern Lights for us Brits). SEGA's developing the equally obligatory video game tie-in and has today divulged both platform and gameplay details for the title.

Players take on the role of either Lyra, the young girl at the centre of the story, or Iorek Byrnison, a powerful armour-clad polar bear. Playing as Lyra, the focus is on exploration and item-collecting, as well as evading and deceiving your way through a variety of confrontations. Lyra also has the ability to use her daemon pal Pan to solve certain puzzles and interact with different elements during her quest to rescue a kidnapped friend.

Meanwhile, taking on the role of Iorek sees gameplay switch to a more combat-heavy style. Carrying Lyra on his back, Iorek battles against enemies using special attacks. The game features 13 different locations - including all-new environments that don't appear in the book or film - alongside the likenesses of the film's cast.

SEGA's The Golden Compass is currently slated for a December 2007 release on ps3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS. Development on DS is being handled by A2M, while Shiny Entertainment (developer of Enter the Matrix) is responsible for all other versions.

I don't believe this is the game that they're talking about i'm 98.3% sure that it's a NiGHTS game for the wii.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Hope not. Let sega just keep makeing crap new games[and sonic]. dont want them to ruin Nights.

Plus people want Nights so of course sega wont do it ;)
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Visual Memory » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:08 pm

^Yes, this could be an argument against Nights. I hope the surprise title isn't that crappy compass game. But it could be of course. It is a surprise as no one would have expected such utter shit - even from Sega.
Visual Memory
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NiGHTS 3:16 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Yuji Naka took the rights to NiGHTS with him when he left Sega, I thought...
NiGHTS 3:16
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yutaka Suzuki » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:21 pm

WTH you talking about ! this is not the surprise at all

Because the game they talking about is for the Japanes market and this one for westren market + this game Sega all Ready announced it before + SEGA is not the Developer for this game Shiny Entertinment does
Yutaka Suzuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Read it again..SEGA's AM2 are making the DS version. They have given SE the other formats....lucky us.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ac2u » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Adam Doree says he knows that NiGHTs is on internal schedules for 2007 release on Wii, and also that the quote that started the post was from Sonic Team.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

^

Another anonymous 'source' I take it? He may be fooled once again. :?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby fuku_san » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:25 pm

NiGHTS 3:16 wrote:Yuji Naka took the rights to NiGHTS with him when he left Sega, I thought...

Thanks God
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming