Games that will become rare

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Games that will become rare

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:36 pm

hxcx af fan wrote:Hell naw, that's crazy. I'm obviously not very good at pricing/valuing video games. Like for instance, how long do you think it will be before a decent Shenmue collection is worth good money?

Unless Shenmue 3 comes out. Never. Cn get Shenmue on Xbox for about 5$ and Shenmue on DC for about 20$. Pal versions and Japanese go for a fair price however. Rarity is also sometimes determined on Demand.
Like Tails Concerto was easy to get until SolaroRobo came out then went way up in price. Some things depend on how many print runs or when it came out. Like at the end of a consoles life thing can get a bit rare or sometimes early in a consoles life.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:11 pm

I gotcha, see I figured with MJ passing and everything going on with him, the price would have boosted due to collectors.
hxcx af fan
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 pm

It probably did the first few months after his death but then it dropped again.

I know the original Thriller vinyls, which were like $8, skyrocketed the day he died. Which pissed me off cause weeks before I was considering it and decided against it cause I thought $8 was too much for my budget. FUUUUUCK, I could've resold it and got $300 profit!
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:48 pm

I doubt most the people buying all the MJ stuff after that even knew of the Genesis game. Most were just buying his albums.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Ryudo wrote:I doubt most the people buying all the MJ stuff after that even knew of the Genesis game. Most were just buying his albums.

True
hxcx af fan

Postby Sonikku » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Megaman X2 and X3. Only SNES games I ever sold. They'd be the most valuable games on the system I'd own if I hadn't. :P I think my copy of final fantasy tactics was very valuable before the greatest hits release and psp version came out, in many cases going for more used then I paid for it new. Fallout 3 GOTY seems to be all but impossible to find outside of the internet. Damn shame, as it's the only version everyone wants yet every store coast to coast is up to their armpits in the bare bones greatest hits variant. Other rare 360 games seem to be the Mass Effect CE I was fortunate enough to snag. It now goes for $170+ on ebay. :shock: I also noticed Star Wars: The Farce Unleashed ultimate sith edition is rare as heck, even online. A pity the game itself looks so mediocre.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Previous

Return to General Gaming