Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby OL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Raithos wrote: There should be a system in place, where the board automatically gives a thanks from all members for every AC purchase.

This guy. :mrgreen:
Agreement all the way.
Also Henry, ACV is excellent if you ever find yourself wanting more AC. Pretty different feel from AC4 as well, so you know you won't just be repeating yourself.

As for me, I'm currently downloading:

Just got really interested when thinking about it earlier, so I had to add some extra funds to the eshop and go for it.
I've got plenty left over after this too, so I've got some further choices to make in downloadable games (I'm leaning toward Liberation Maiden and Shinobi III 3D at the moment).

EDIT: Just grabbed:

Could not resist.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Vyse Hazuky
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Finished off my current Eshop funds with:

Mighty Gunvolt is exactly what I figured; 8-bit Mega Man style. Super-simplified and fun.
And Sakura Samurai is a pretty cool little surprise. It's all about precision dodging and slicing, and the 3D looks excellent.
I think I'm hooked on the Eshop. There's a lot more I want to get.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Cave Johnson, Jokatech19
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:27 pm

^ how much can you fit on a card game wise?
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby mrslig100 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:26 am

1st correct guess wins the gratitude of knowing they got the awnser correct:
An LG LP097QX1-SPA1/2/V 2048x1536 LCD panel 9"ish
Displayport adapter for panel
2 5x magnifying glasses
Modrock
Displayport to DVI cable
Saftey goggles
Yes this is for gaming.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby OL » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:06 am

Jokatech19 wrote: ^ how much can you fit on a card game wise?

Well let's see... Nintendo is weird because they never display things in terms of their actual computable sizes, meaning they don't display anything as gigabytes or megabytes or anything. For some reason they insist on dividing things up into "blocks."
The 4 gig sd card the 3DS came with shows that it has something like 24000 blocks (that's an estimate, not exact), and I believe Azure Striker Gunvolt only took up roughly 2000 blocks, while Sakura Samurai and Friday Monsters only took roughly about 1400 each.
So yeah, a good-sized sd card (like an 8 or 16 gig one) should be able to hold lots and lots of games.
Eshop games, at least. I'm not sure how sizable a larger game might be, like Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby JMan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 am

A little late to the party seeing as this came out a while ago but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it for the collection.

JMan has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Martin, Raithos
JMan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Martin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:52 pm

I now have nearly every single FPS on the console (once these arrive). To my knowledge, I am missing just Turok 3, Quake II and HeXen. Super-excited about Doom 64 and Quake 64. The former I had when it was new, back in the day. I kind of dismissed it then as lame next to GoldenEye, but it's considered a classic among Doom fans (some even call it "the true Doom 3"), and I myself these days have an appreciation for FPS games of that era. Will be nice to play it again, especially in full screen, full speed NTSC (pretty sure this is one of those earlier N64 games with a crappy PAL conversion).

The only version of the original Quake I ever played was the Saturn release. It was a strong technical achievement on that console, from the venerable Lobotomy Software (who did amazing work on the Saturn). Still, the SlaveDriver Engine isn't the Quake engine. Thus, just as Duke 3D doesn't feel quite right on Saturn because it's running on SlaveDriver, and Duke 64 does because Eurocom actually ported Build to the N64, I imagine a similar scenario with Quake. On another note, I always preferred the gothic style of the original Quake to all that cyborg Strogg nonsense of the sequels.

I've never played Diddy Kong Racing (I know..), so it will be interesting to see what all the fuss was about. People say that it's the go-to racer on the console after Mario Kart 64. Can't see it topping 'Kart, personally, but who knows? It's a Rareware title from their heyday, so it's probably a strong effort. Mario Kart 64 is the only game in my N64 collection that everyone seems to love. Only old gamers will play GoldenEye etc with you, but 'Kart seems to appeal to all. If DKR is as good as everyone says it is, maybe I'll have two games for family get-togethers?

I had 007: The World is Not Enough back in the day on my old PAL system. I actually loved it back then, and didn't get all the hate it received. Perhaps the ire was directed towards the PSone version, which as I understand it was completely different. The N64 game was made by the awesome Eurocom, and was a great title. Not revolutionary like GoldenEye, of course, but not every game can break the mould. I remember TWINE on the N64 as a solid FPS game. Let's hope my memory serves me well.

Can't wait for these to arrive! Collecting imports for an old console is difficult, expensive and time consuming. For example, there's a million PAL Quake 64's for a relative pittance on eBay, but once in a great while, an NTSC cartridge will pop up with a heavy price tag. Thems the breaks, I guess. I've now got a sizeable collection, though. It's only going to get bigger, too. One day I dream of going on The Antiques Roadshow with all this NTSC N64 crap I've accrued. I even have a limited edition golden console to play them on! :king:

Martin has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 am

Good god, you have a bigger hard-on for the N64 than I do.

Then again, you have the 64DD right?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Martin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:30 am

Nah lol. It's expensive as fuck, and only has 10 games available for it, four of which are variants of Mario Artist, and one is the Randnet software (not a game). Too niche for me, ha. Have you got one?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby redline » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:31 am

mrslig100 i take it your making a projector? if im correct, is it going to be an overhead projector?
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Nah I don't but I could've sworn you posted pics of one.

Assumed it was yours.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Always meant to get this when it first came out, but of course it was right at a time where I really needed to be saving, not spending, so I skipped it.
Namco's official site had it on sale today for a few bucks off (a Valentine's Day special... I guess because it has "hearts" in the title?), so I grabbed it.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 am

EDIT: Got this on an Amazon lighting deal Friday for $50. Still crazy they deliver on Sunday's now.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:02 am

I was so lucky I managed to find this at a walmart, and it was their last one. STOKED! Im not gonna set it up until I have a game I want to play for it. Who wants my copy of destiny? :lol: ill probably sell it or trade it in, I didnt buy this for the game, I actually bought it for the color.

On another note, im trying not to give in to purchasing this really nice copy of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Collectors Edition on N64 with the Prima strategy guide for $112 shipped, comes with gold cart, box, manual, and guide all in great shape. I'll probably pass it up and regret it later, I have always wanted the CE of OoT and since I just got an N64 over summer it does make sense, but I have spent so much on vacation last week then i just picked up the PS4, so my inner zelda fan is really at ends with what to do right now haha.

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:46 am

Raithos wrote:EDIT: Got this on an Amazon lighting deal Friday for $50. Still crazy they deliver on Sunday's now.

That's the thing that lets you play Vita games on a tv, right? Or am I mistaking it for something else?
Let me know how it works for ya.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming