Ys Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=min6AhV7FZQ[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 pm

http://andriasang.com/con24w/ys_heroines_calendar/

Ys releases Ys Heroines Calander with Ys IV. Also they keep it classy instead of making them whores with giant tits in a bikini.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:33 pm

*raises hand* I prefer the whores with giant tits in the bikini.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:38 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:*raises hand* I prefer the whores with giant tits in the bikini.

That's why I have an Avatar and sig and you don't
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Bluecast wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:*raises hand* I prefer the whores with giant tits in the bikini.

That's why I have an Avatar and sig and you don't

Hardy har... ass hole. :roll:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:58 pm

:mrgreen: :twisted:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 pm

http://www.ign.com/top/rpgs/100

Ys named one of the top 100 best RPG's of all time at number 100. I would have it higher but shocked and happy it's mentioned at all.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/mo ... sky-title/

Trails of Nayuta, a PSP action RPG with a Trails in the Sky size story, is out in Japan now. That’s not the next Trails in the Sky title, though. Falcom is developing a follow up to Trails of Blue, which came out at the end of 2011.

“We have the most staff and resources allocated to the next title in the Trails series now,” president Toshihiro Kondo said to Siliconera.

“We are taking a lot of care to make sure it is the best one yet. In terms of graphics, it is going to be a big enough upgrade where just one glance people are going to be able to say, ‘Wow, Falcom has really upgraded the Trails series.’”

While Trails of Nayuta played more like Ys, the next Trails title will have a battle system that’s more like the Trails in the Sky series.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 am

Xseed really needs to get on their horse and get these out
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 am

^ Xseed needs more money and needs more employees to pull it off. Neither going to happen anytime soon. TBH I REALLY want them to do Earth Seeker. Port it to Wii U or 3DS.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 pm

To be honest, I actually wish XSeed never got a hold of the Falcom distribution rights. They had some awesome releases before, but now they're basically doing fuck-all with it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Yeah XSeed have been disappointing this past year. Very little from them coming up that interests me. Ragnarok Odyssey looks decent, I suppose. They seem to bite off more than they can chew, another example of this was Grand Knights History. :/
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Between that and the ghetto release of The Last Story that got pushed back to later that week, making fools out of many gamers that went to the store to pick up the game to discover it wasnt there with no explanation as to why. They are just so small, TITS 2 NEEDS to come out, all this hub bub about the Legend of Heroes series, and it all seems to mean nothing to anyone outside of japan because the rest of the world is so far behind in the release of those games, and its kind of difficult to understand why XSEED signed on to making such a mammoth decision like porting over a 5 year old game like TITS with multiple sequels with a continuing story line, releasing the first game, then shying away from doing anything else for distant future. As much as we love XSEED, they are pissing us off too by making promises they cant keep.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm

:lol: What you guys demand out of Xseed is the same if you asked Manny and his buddies to develop Grand Theft Auto V alone.
Without Xseed no one would have picked up the Falcom Ys or Tits again. It was Tom that got them. There would not even be an Ys Seven without them. I mean at all.

L-O-L INTERNET
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:48 pm

OL wrote: To be honest, I actually wish XSeed never got a hold of the Falcom distribution rights. They had some awesome releases before, but now they're basically doing fuck-all with it.

There haven't been any Ys games since Seven. The 4 remake just came out and I'd imagine we'll get that. I think you're just alittle salty they switched to digital because, I won't lie I am too but they've been doing a better job releasing Falcom stuff then any other company ever. don't believe me? Play some Legend of Heroes on PSP. Bandai even changed the way the game played.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Between that and the ghetto release of The Last Story that got pushed back to later that week, making fools out of many gamers that went to the store to pick up the game to discover it wasnt there with no explanation as to why. They are just so small, TITS 2 NEEDS to come out, all this hub bub about the Legend of Heroes series, and it all seems to mean nothing to anyone outside of japan because the rest of the world is so far behind in the release of those games, and its kind of difficult to understand why XSEED signed on to making such a mammoth decision like porting over a 5 year old game like TITS with multiple sequels with a continuing story line, releasing the first game, then shying away from doing anything else for distant future. As much as we love XSEED, they are pissing us off too by making promises they cant keep.

as far as I know that was a distribution problem the same thing happened with Tits, here in NY every retailer except gamestop had the game. Tits 2 is MASSSIVE its the main hitch in the road, 3 has alot of story but its nowhere near as long as and neither is zero or even ao. Do you think its a coiniky dink that Falcom announces that a downloadable version of Tits 2 is going to made available in Japan? or that Zero (and possibly ao) are getting Vita remakes? I think things are shaping up it just requires patience.

Henry Spencer wrote:Yeah XSeed have been disappointing this past year. Very little from them coming up that interests me. Ragnarok Odyssey looks decent, I suppose. They seem to bite off more than they can chew, another example of this was Grand Knights History. :/

Grand Knights history wasn't their fault. Remember they aren't developers, if a company breaks the agreement they can't really do much, you should be pointing at Vanillaware.

They've made their share of mistakes but aren't you guys alittle quick to shit on a tiny company that has nearly put itself out of business a few times to get things released over here.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming