Want a portable Dreamcast?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Jacob Marley » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:59 pm

Shinneri wrote:I would want to know the quality of that LCD screen before I bought it. Some of the GameCube screens are really terrible so I'm afraid this one might be too.

It's probably a bargain-basement lCD display, since they have LCD screen attachments priced out elsewhere on the site. Figure that the DC system is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the total cost and tack on the price of the screen, and you'll see that whatever display they are using is pretty cheap in terms of price. Plus you need to factor in the cost for the modding and case alteration and you'll see that for the money you're paying, the components are pretty cheap in terms of price and probably quality.
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nagai_Industries » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:16 am

Jacob Marley wrote:
Shinneri wrote:I would want to know the quality of that LCD screen before I bought it. Some of the GameCube screens are really terrible so I'm afraid this one might be too.

It's probably a bargain-basement lCD display, since they have LCD screen attachments priced out elsewhere on the site. Figure that the DC system is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the total cost and tack on the price of the screen, and you'll see that whatever display they are using is pretty cheap in terms of price. Plus you need to factor in the cost for the modding and case alteration and you'll see that for the money you're paying, the components are pretty cheap in terms of price and probably quality.

Yeah ure probally right! id still like to see one working though
Nagai_Industries
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:35 am

I want this little thing man!
It'd quite a bit of money... I think I'll buy a Neo Geo before I buy that. But it's PAL and NTSC compatible!!!
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Daemos » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:08 pm

That might be about the only real thing.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming