Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Thief » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:22 am

^ pro tip: buy cheap 1 or 2 dollar games that have awesome cases and just swap them. Makes life easier, rather than goo-gone.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:36 pm

well if there are stickers on those cases too, which all logic would point to that there would be, it kinda defeats the purpose... the KH 2.5 case looked immaculate, until i took the sticker off, thus why I kind of stuck it back on for now :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Preordered:

I honestly haven't even really dug into the previous Nobunaga's Ambition release, but I have this weird compulsion to support the hell out of it when Koei actually puts stuff like this out in the west.
What little I have played of NA, though, I really liked. Weirdly relaxing for a series all about the Warring States period. Might have to hit it up soon just for that very quality. Could use something relaxing right about now.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:48 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: well if there are stickers on those cases too, which all logic would point to that there would be, it kinda defeats the purpose... the KH 2.5 case looked immaculate, until i took the sticker off, thus why I kind of stuck it back on for now :/

I guess it all depends on where you buy your games from. There's a place near me that has normal (like super market stickers) on their games that are really easy to peel off and leave no residue. Plus some of them are really cheap. I can admit to playing stop and swap with a few really cheap titles so the one's I actually like don't look like crap.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:31 pm

...and also Red Dead Revolver for PS4 (good ol' PS2 classics).
Silver Case won't be here til December apparently (though the site mentions something about a download, but I'm a little unclear on whether that means I'll be getting the game even sooner from them digitally).

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:27 pm

^Yep, your purchase includes digital copies of everything in the box. They sent me my Steam codes about two days after I purchased it. You will probably get your codes early next week since its Friday. I don't think those two work on the weekends but I could be wrong.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:13 pm

She's pretty in pink. It rips through any game I throw at it. Been playing BF1 all weekend on Ultra (1440p) and it hasn't broken 60c yet. Also, Gears of War 4 in 4K =P~. Can't wait to fire up Minesweeper!

Raithos has received 3 thanks from: AM2, Axm, FlagshipFighter
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:27 pm

Haha is it actually called 1080 FTW? PC gaming is so arrogant. :lol:

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:54 pm

Raithos wrote:

She's pretty in pink. It rips through any game I throw at it. Been playing BF1 all weekend on Ultra (1440p) and it hasn't broken 60c yet. Also, Gears of War 4 in 4K =P~. Can't wait to fire up Minesweeper!

\:D/

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Raithos
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:22 am

Axm wrote: Haha is it actually called 1080 FTW? PC gaming is so arrogant. :lol:

There's also "Gaming," "Gaming X," "FTW Gaming," "Hall of Fame," "Lightning," "Classified," "Superclocked," Founder's Edition," "K1NGP1N Edition," and so on.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Raithos » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:22 am

Axm wrote: Haha is it actually called 1080 FTW? PC gaming is so arrogant. :lol:

lol yeah. I always find the naming conventions on PC parts to be over the top. They get worse too, some of which Mr357 named.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:57 pm

On second thought, the Lightning and K1NGP1N Edition cards don't really belong on that list. They're really only meant for serious overclockers and benchmark enthusiasts.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Just bought the Jack the Ripper DLC for Assassin's Creed Syndicate.
I'd popped the game in just for the hell of it today and was reminded of how cool this game actually was. Kind of forgot over time, but it hit me again immediately, probably because I've recently been messing around with a bunch of lesser open-world games (Mad Max and Sleeping Dogs).
But then I watched a trailer for the Jack the Ripper DLC and was kind of surprised. Originally, I didn't have much interest in it at all because I thought it was just going to be some kind of random side story within the game's context, just like any of the other side-missions. But it turns out it's actually based about 20 years after the end of the main story, and follows an older, 45-50-ish version of Evie Frye. Really attractive prospect to me; Evie ended up being, in my eyes, one of the best protagonists in the entire series. And the idea of playing an almost Revelations-esque version of her sounds great.
Downloading it now. Might just be getting my hopes up, but there's no new Assassin's Creed this year anyway, so this should fill that void nicely.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 pm

It occurs to me that since this is based in San Francisco, I'll probably also be able to incite a gun battle outside of the Tanners' home from Full House.
Goodbye Uncle Joey. No more Popeye impressions from you.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby BlueMue » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Already finished Bioshock 1, more on that in the corresponding topic.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming