Hitman Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Hitman Series

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8rLlyWWLqs[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: OL
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

OL wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: One thing i don't totally like is that you get spotted by people if you are wearing the same outfit as them. I can understand a small gang spotting an imposter but i just did a level where the whole police/swat force are looking for me and I'm to belive they know what EVERY damn cop looks like?

Wait... I thought in the big flashy demonstration video they had out for awhile, his big escape happens while donning cop clothes and walking out through a lobby crowded with police?
So that can't even happen in the game? Or can he lower his hat and cover his face a bit like in that video and hold off detection for a bit longer?

Just saw this. You can use instinct mode [if you have any] to tip his hat and hide but playing on hard even when the bar is full it only last about 5 seconds so you could never do the mission the way its done in that video.[have to go a different route]
Simply put if you are within eye sight of a cop while dressed as a cop the cover will be blown if you don't have instinct mode. Same goes for every other disguise in the game but hiding in a large crowd does work.

As i said i could understand it if i was dressed as a gang member from a small group but the entire Chicago police force is looking for you at one point yet every cop knows you are a fake?

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Huh... Well I might not play on Purist immediately then. I'll probably lower the difficulty to allow moves like that, but simply keep myself from using instincts mode otherwise. I don't want to see through walls, but I at least want the disguises to make sense.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:01 pm

That's stupid. It should be done off proximity to certain NPCs/'threats'. Even then, they should try to engage in conversation which you have to blag you way through, but that's probably deviate too far from the core game mechanics and end up turning it into something they don't necessarily want it to be. Still, it'd be a good idea.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Maybe the tech stopped them from doing it better? But if that was the case they should have left it how it was as they had a good level of suspicion towards the player.
Another :???: moment was all the bad guys on the level i just did had masks on so i knocked one out and took his outfit only for 47 to leave the mask. Done of course to suit the new style.

Just had what i would suppose was a boss fight but it simply came down to a slow mo tag targets within something like 10 seconds :sad:

There's a Hitman game here trying to get out but now and then these other game ideas get in the way. The small linear levels are used to simply tie one area to the next which is fine by me.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Ah well, like I said, I felt I'd be getting more out of the contracts mode anyway, so I don't think it's that big a deal.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Yeah its a shame as the disguise system is my main issue with the game so far.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby PirateMuffins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:27 pm

That's the first thing i noticed, i did start it on expert and thought it was a little over the top so thought ok...i'll go down to hard, it was pretty much the same except you got more instinct.

In actual fact i found it easier to play the Chinatown level without a disguise rather than with one, since with a disguise you have an extra headache to deal with, it's meant to be the other way around :|

Seems like the hardest difficulty will be an absolute nightmare for all the wrong reasons.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:27 am

I dont understand why people are upset about instinct. i see it as more of an ability the player has, not 47. the over all map you would spend countless time watching the NPCs walk around is not in this game making instinct pretty important. the disguises do not bother me. if u walk past an NPC with no disguise they shoot or try to arrest you. if your in disguise you just hold down R1 to look at the floor and slip past. holding R1 does use up instinct but you gain instinct by taking down enemies in a stealth matter, or by completing mission objectives. i am however playing on normal which would make since why im happy with the game. i mean cmon...ITS NORMAL. if i was playing on a harder difficulty then ide probably be bitching too. never understood why people play games on easy or hard....

EDIT: it just doesnt make since to me that people are upset that 47 can see through walls but they werent upset before when 47 could watch exactly where a target (and all other NPCs) were going that were on the complete other side of the map. (you know...by pushing select and opening the map)
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 am

Its just a flawed system. As i said no one they could spot a fake cop when the entire force is out looking for one guy unless he was acting strange. A small gang who know one another? Yes

Also you have to go back to Chinatown at one point at night with about 1,000 people walking about and fireworks going off yet if you are dressed like a food vender/cops they will still spot you as a fake no matter what.

Not to mention the devs said instinct was for new gamers and not something experienced players would need when playing on the harder settings.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 am

:lol: Just had a sweet little cameo...

Walk into a bar full of bikers to see Kane from Kane & Lynch standing by the music box. Walk over to him and a biker comes asking him what his doing and he mentions his waiting for his business partner whos in town getting equipment. The guy warns Kane they don't like strangers round here to which Kane replies ''I'm not looking for trouble''.

Sadly for him 47 is around and i sabotage the fuse causing the music to stop and a fight starts with Kane taking care of 2 Bikers then a bar brawl happens :P Funny thing is you can kill Kane but you will be shot at by the bikers.
I got over to Kane to see if i could help him but he attacked me so i had to kick his arse.

Shall have to keep an eye out for Lynch and another mission had loads of Mini Ninja toys.

Edit never mind found him at the gun range on the next level

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3yWjzPfWyA[/youtube]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby PirateMuffins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote: if your in disguise you just hold down R1 to look at the floor and slip past.

It might be that simple on normal but on higher difficulties it's a pain, i basically cannot be seen by the 100 people wearing the same clothes within 100 metres of me, or atleast, that's what it feels like.

It's almost as if they wanted you to sneak around, someone should have told them this isn't Splinter Cell.

if i was playing on a harder difficulty then ide probably be bitching too. never understood why people play games on easy or hard....

Because they like a challenge? As long as it's fair, of course, i've gone down to normal and it's too easy, less guards to deal with and feels alot more straightforward.

I'm hoping that the blend in skill that you can improve on actually makes a difference and takes it back to the way it was before, that said though you shouldn't have to improve it in the first place since it makes the higher difficulties somewhat unplayable if you try to do them right from the off.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm

PirateMuffins...
Only a fine lady should be allowed to have such a sexy avatar, you know that, don't you?
SO WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US?!
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby OL » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: :lol: Just had a sweet little cameo...

Walk into a bar full of bikers to see Kane from Kane & Lynch standing by the music box. Walk over to him and a biker comes asking him what his doing and he mentions his waiting for his business partner whos in town getting equipment. The guy warns Kane they don't like strangers round here to which Kane replies ''I'm not looking for trouble''.

Sadly for him 47 is around and i sabotage the fuse causing the music to stop and a fight starts with Kane taking care of 2 Bikers then a bar brawl happens :P Funny thing is you can kill Kane but you will be shot at by the bikers.
I got over the Kane to see if i could help in but he attacked me so i had to kick his arse.

:D
I had to check the spoiler after you mentioned a cameo, and it was just what I was hoping.
I was actually thinking not long ago how cool it would be for him (or them) to show up in a Hitman game. It doesn't seem super-substantial, but it's awesome to me nonetheless.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Well its not the first time people from other IO games have been mentioned in a Hitman game. Kane & Lynch was pretty much announced in Blood Money which was cool and i belive the first game had a nod to Hitman? And Freedom Fighters have been mentioned elsewhere.

The devs have said on their forum that they have taken into account the complaints of the new disguise system and are hoping to tweak it so its more realistic which is fine by me. Its a good idea but the harder setting show how poorly its been put into the game.

Edit a few other nods in their games

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThKGpngRQ8[/youtube]
I actually still need to get this.

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming