Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

So apparently Natural Doctrine is going to be the first JRPG/SRPG for PS4 to come out in the states, but its also on PS3 and PSVita. What do you guys think of this game? Worth getting on PS4? So probably not, but I may do just that anyway. And if its anything like an unboxing of the japanese version I saw, the Vita DL code may come with it too. Which would be cool to be able to switch over to my Vita for my on the go needs.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:26 am

Yeah I've been looking at it. I couldn't decide between PS3 or Vita myself, but if I pick up the 4 soon I will probably get it on there just to have more games to play on it. It looks pretty decent from everything I've seen and read about it. I don't think there will be any graphical differences between the versions of it though
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:44 am

Snag the 4 now while you can get it cheap. Honestly I'm amazed it's going for so little, (although I'm aware the reseller has sold brand new $200 wii u's that were all the real deal to cheapassgamer folks so I know he's legit) given its popularity. Buy it. Do it now! Before I give Axm your address and he personally comes knocking to slap you upside the head for not taking such a balls to the wall bargain basement deal. :P

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Shadows of the Empire on N64 can be a really frustrating game, I cant imagine at any point that this was cutting edge. Its still fun, just clunky as hell controls and the game is just EVIL. I used the jet pack to gather all the health points in the room just to have an enemy appear when i collected the last health pack and he shot me while my back was turned negating all the health I just got... hour long stage and I died at the very end even though it said "stage complete" half way through, those lying bastards... EVIL GAME!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 pm

That's true friendship right there
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Been a long while, but got my Dreamcast out of storage today and have it hooked up to my 42 including LCD. What an absolute fucking joy of a console honestly. I'd trade any console current generation or whatever for it.
What made me do it was I absolutely love Tomb Raider The Last Revelation and I thought the Dreamcast version was just a port, but after downloading it from the PS Store and seeing how brutal the graphics were in that version, I just had to dig out the best console ever.

Is it worth buying an upscaler? Like this one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Dreamcas ... 27e67c22dd

Also, the modem can't handle modern day speeds can't it? I'd love to fire up the old Dreamkey disc! Ah memories!

Edit: AAGGGGHHH YOU FUCK! I just played 2 full levels of Tomb Raider and died, and I totally forgot you have to save the game manually to the VMU. FUCK how did I forget that :lol:

Peter has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Look at it! Such brilliant character design..

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Sonikku
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:36 pm

sonic pissed himself! look at that puddle!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 pm

For some reason it was always difficult before for me to get any of my PS2 Yakuza footage to actually look good; it always ended up looking kind of muddy and ugly, despite the games looking great on an actual tv screen.
But I was just experimenting a bit, and the combination of PS3 emulation upscaling and a good amount of sharpening actually made the footage look really good. I'll have to test out stuff from other parts of the games as well (since the visual style changes slightly here and there) but things are looking up.
Just posting because I'm bored. Carry on.

phpBB [video]

OL has received 2 thanks from: Jokatech19, MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 pm

For Ziming. :lol:

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Really random, but I thought this was a really cool bit of visual design work.
Even better when you realize that the
symbol of the man with his arms outspread is actually an alternate-timeline analog for the look of the Flux Capacitor.

Thought that was pretty clever.

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Teaser trailer for a Warhammer FPS, I really hope the campaign is coop. Hope we see in game footage soon

phpBB [video]

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:28 pm

YES.
Saw that a few days ago, and meant to post it. I'm a total nut for Warhammer 40k now. I always thought the whole universe of it looked cool, but I never really got exposed to it properly until I played Space Marine a couple years ago (which I LOVED). Now I've read the first three Ultramarines novels, and have a ton more that I'm meaning to get to.
If this new game is anywhere near as well-realized as Space Marine, then we should be in for something great. No clue if it will be; it's by a different developer altogether, and chances are that the budget isn't exactly huge. And y'know, I'm personally of the opinion that a third-person perspective would make a lot more sense for something in this universe than a first-person one. But whatever, I'm hopeful regardless.
And yeah, co-op would be great. Especially against a horde of Genestealers; it'd be like Warhammer Left 4 Dead.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Yeah Space Marine was a lot of fun, totally underrated. The first Warhammer game I played was Space Hulk: Vengeance back on Saturn, a weird fps hybrid, which I thought was its own random game at the time. It wasn't until I got Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War on PC (awesome RTS, more than likely dated as hell) that I realized there was this giant universe built around a table top game. I always wanted to read some of the books but never got around to it. Found out recently there was an animated movie as well, plan on looking into that soon.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Fairy Fencer F is getting a LE thats 74.99 and can only be pre-ordered at the NIS website. Temptation... rising... I gotta admit, thats a pretty sexy LE.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming