Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:08 pm

There's still tons to come from TGS yet - Atlus will unveil Persona 5 finally and make some new announcements and some companies haven't had their stage events yet (Tecmo Koei, Capcom etc), which are this weekend. As for Nintendo, they are there, it's just they're concentrating on the New 3DS models and their third party lineup more than what they're developing internally. Who knows, they may give us some new surprises yet.

SEGA announces new game for phones/Vita - World's End Eclipse [made by the Valkyria Chronicles team]:

phpBB [video]

And gosh darn it, that music is so obviously Hitoshi Sakimoto (Ivalice series, Valkyria Chronicles, Breath of Fire V). So good.

Guess it's a no chance in English since it isn't Sonic? *sigh*
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:43 pm

I wouldnt be so sure. The character descriptions were all in english. Vita needs more JRPG love, hopefully they bring it out here.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:And gosh darn it, that music is so obviously Hitoshi Sakimoto (Ivalice series, Valkyria Chronicles, Breath of Fire V). So good.

He must be working damn hard lately, because I just saw a trailer this morning for a completely different game with him as the composer as well. The trailer for that one immediately made me think of the opening to FFTactics. Can't remember the game's name... the graphics looked vaguely Odin Sphere-esque, but it wasn't by Vanillaware...
I'll come back if I figure it out.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I wouldnt be so sure. The character descriptions were all in english.

Yeah, but that's only because the Japanese like English for some reason. It's "cool" in their eyes or something. I listen to a lot of Japanese bands, for example, and more often than not they've got a ton of songs in mangled English along with all of their Japanese stuff. It doesn't mean their work is intended for release abroad. They just like the language.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:46 am

Yeah, Sakimoto gets a lot of work nowadays and for good reason (he is one of the best). He's also working on Matsuno's two new games, one which has been announced called Unsung Story for PC and the other which hasn't been announced yet.

Also, Sony Japan has a big event planned very soon (in, like two or so minutes time!)

SCE Japan Studio live conference happening today

Sony to potentially introduce new PS4 and PS Vita title(s).

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/sce-japan-st ... ning-today

Guess it's time for Gravity Rush 2. \:D/
Let's not even mention The Last Guardian.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:02 pm

OL wrote:I'll come back if I figure it out.

Here's the one I was thinking of.
Listen to that first bit of music, and tell me that doesn't whisk you right back to Final Fantasy Tactics. :D

phpBB [video]

The game looks a bit... "eh." At this point at least.
But yeah, that music is pretty damn nice.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:48 am

The FF's I've beaten:
III
IV
VI
VII
VII: Crisis Core
VII: Dirge of Cerberus
VIII
IX
X
X-2
XII
XIII
XIII-2
XIII-3
Tactics Advance
Plus all the Kingdom Hearts games but they aren't really FF.

I've only played about the first hour of I&II but I've never ever played a second of V.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:07 am

No new Persona 5 trailer at TGS, what did Atlus show?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:47 am

Personally, I'm getting a bit put off by Atlus as of late. Their milking of Persona is getting a bit silly. The fact that they have a dance game coming out, and people are actually eating it up is just ridiculous.
I'm fine with Persona 5 coming out since it's presumably all new characters and a wholly new story, but they've been overloading a bit with the P3 and 4 casts.
They're better than this, but they aren't acting like it.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm also not a fan of the way that they've kept Kaneko locked away for so long and generally taking a very long time bringing games out. Devil Survivor 2 Break Record on 3DS says hi, heck Persona 5 has taken a very long time...it has been over five years since P4's original release now. Yeah I know Catherine was made in the meantime by that dev team, but man, come on P-Studio...an anime trailer and that's it? What the heck? Sorta glad I got into their games a bit later than most.

I'm also still waiting on Shin Megami Tensei IV coming out here, btw. It was supposed to be September then they rolled it back to October and still no actual date...they're really treating Europe like crap. :|

Everyone wants Persona 5, not a dancing game, they need to get their priorities straight. If the original developer wasn't working out, fine, just cancel it and move on. I'd rather their internal resources get to make new games, not just retreads... And honestly, if Kaneko is busy just working on Fire Emblem x SMT crossover, then I'd rather that get canned in favour for a new SMT spinoff that he will work on. Like DDS or Devil Summoner, that sort of thing.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Been meaning to get back to SMT IV sometime soon. That's the kind of stuff I want Atlus to be pursuing, really. Only played a few hours so far, but damn, what a high-quality few hours that was.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:28 am

Just about to leave the house and buy an Xbox One. Kinda excited! Think I will pick up Destiny and Watch Dogs whilst I am at it. :D

Peter has received a thanks from: Axm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:47 am

Well I got but I am raging I didn't get Destiny.

The store said the offer expired ages ago (then why is it on the website fuckers!) and an Xbox was £350 and £70 for Destiny. I just looked at the wee guy in GAME and said no offence but its no wonder you are going out of business.

In Belfast city centre, a HMV is right next door to GAME, and they did me an Xbox One, the new Fifa (which was only out at midnight there), Titanfall and Watch Dogs for £380 so was happy with that!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Yeah, GAME are rip off merchants. Nice getting the Xbox One though, I personally think the system seems to be underrated and has a cool little library already stacking up for it. D4, Crimson Dragon and the Halo Master Collection will probably be the first games I get for it once I get one myself. I'm probably going to get it after I get the PS4, though, see if there's a Xmas sale for Xbox One or a price drop.
I'll let you know when I get an Xbox One, we can play some online multiplayer on Halo sometime. :)

I've got The Evil Within pre-ordered for PS4, which is out next month, so I'll probably get my PS4 then.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:33 pm

GAME still hasnt gone out of business? Whats the hold up? It has been a while since they said they were going under if I am not mistaken
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Nice Peter..well I got Titan Fall too so we should play sometime.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming