The Elder Scrolls

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: TES: Skyrim

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I could lay Oblivion for fuckin hours upon end, but it was boring as fuck. It's gotta be one of the most empty and lifeless games I've ever played in my life, yet, it's so damn absorbing and addictive. All I'm expecting from Skyrim is better graphics and character animations. Oh, and dragons, obviously.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm hyped we finally got a game in Skyrim, they've been hyping it since the original. i don't see them going back to Morrowind for a while.

I actually sued to rise my horse to the border of Cyrodil and Skyrim and wish I could keep going. Wonder if we'll ever get a game that uses the whole continent.

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Tuffty wrote:I'm gonna say it's more Oblivion than it will be Morrowind. I kinda hope they go back to that world at some point, cause out of any other game, Morrowind's certainly felt the most alien. Oblivion's was pretty looking, still a great game, but after a time you realised they reused a lot of dungeons, towns kind of looked the same and the level scaling was pretty bad. Thieves you saw at the beginning of the game now wear glass armour when you're at a high level? Kinda killed it for me.

100% with you on that, Oblivion kinda reminded me of a classic fantasy video game setting. Whereas Morrowind was more unique imo. Goin through sand storms and riding the silt striders was something different compared to what I was used to.
hxcx af fan
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:17 pm

I always wanted to play Elder Scrolls 4 until I played Fallout 3. I wish they had just made it either a TPS or FPS. I also don't like having 20 million things going on at once. Having to check your radiation level, check your health, make sure your not carrying to much and be half way through 20 different side missions.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby hxcx af fan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:15 am

Riku Rose wrote:I always wanted to play Elder Scrolls 4 until I played Fallout 3. I wish they had just made it either a TPS or FPS. I also don't like having 20 million things going on at once. Having to check your radiation level, check your health, make sure your not carrying to much and be half way through 20 different side missions.

I like being able to switch, but I agree with you on having so much to do. I usually will spend a month on side quests before i even get into the main quests. Elder Scrolls is the same as far as the missions go, they really start to pile up, but not so much on checking everything. Its just health, and carrying weight for the most part.
hxcx af fan

Postby Tuffty » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Next week people. Not long now. Here's the theme song in full. I'd say epic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kqIYqk4I8[/youtube]

Sounds awesome, like a Viking invasion song. Excuse me while I don my armor and prepare to set sail on my longboat.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I'm hyped we finally got a game in Skyrim, they've been hyping it since the original. i don't see them going back to Morrowind for a while.

I actually sued to rise my horse to the border of Cyrodil and Skyrim and wish I could keep going. Wonder if we'll ever get a game that uses the whole continent.

TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 pm

I thought Daggerfall just had the two northwestern provinces of High Rock and Hammerfell.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 am

I can never understand why the devs don't try/haven't tryed in so many games to make characters faces (troughout the whole Elder Scroll series) better looking.
The faces of the characters, be it important ones or NPCs such as shop clerks and such, are arguably the main gate point to immersion in a videogame, and these are deep RPGs for crying out loud.

Skyrim is looking okay, but still has a way to go in this aspect. And even the improvements of facial models and animations in Skyrim seem more the time and tech taking their tool instead of a conscious effort from Bethesda... :-k
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:53 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I thought Daggerfall just had the two northwestern provinces of High Rock and Hammerfell.

Fuck you.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:54 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I thought Daggerfall just had the two northwestern provinces of High Rock and Hammerfell.

Fuck you.

Considering he has sex with men he might just take you up on that offer.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:01 am

Ryudo wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:

Fuck you.

Pics plz or stfu.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:02 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Ryudo wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:

Fuck you.

Pics plz or stfu.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYtUYiuzkw[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:25 am

Very excited for Skyrim.

Didn't like Oblivion.A dungeons and the wilderness were copied and pasted many times.Level scaling sucked and the game overall felt rather easy.I found Morrowind a lot harder.After playing both games on pc,never touching an elder scrolls game on consoles again.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Tuffty » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:23 am

Got it yesterday, played it for 2 hrs. Already love it.

For those playing, what's gonna be your playstyle? What race did you choose? What's his/her name? I was struggling with a name until I put my own in a Game Of Thrones name generator. So my character is known as Timeon Waters. A name to strike fear into the hearts of men wouldn't you agree? XD I sorta want my guy to be a Jaime Lannister type character so I'm focusing on a melee driven, sword and shield combo kinda guy. Don't recall Jaime being able to summon fire out of his hands (maybe he does, I haven't read all the books yet XD) but I want to be able to do that for my character too, so kinda like a battlemage. Though I want to dabble in all skillsets so lockpicking, sneaking, smithing, I want to do it all! Also in the Jaime Lannister similarity, I chose the Imperial race and I didn't realise that one of that race's perks was to find more gold in chests and stuff :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8[/youtube]
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming