Ace Attorney 5.

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ace Attorney 5.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47 am

OL wrote: Yeah, but ratings are never about comprehension level. It's just about filtering content, keeping "objectionable" stuff out of the hands of those who shouldn't see it yet.
If it were just a matter of comprehension level, hell, I would encourage kids to play the stuff they won't understand yet. Build them up to be more intelligent later on.

It doesn't really work on that level either for a lot of really dumb reasons. I used to hate working on COD days because I'd see so many parents walking in with 9 year olds and buying them the game. Even if I told them what it was they'd still buy it, same with stuff like GTA.

I mean this is M rated, for whatever reason but is it really "objectionable". I'm Pretty sure Arkham Origins in general is going to be waaay more violent, but thats likely going to be rated T.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah, it's just down to what they define as objectionable. Violent acts don't necessarily ramp it up on their own, but if there's enough blood present then it does. The Uncharted games have headshots aplenty, but because it doesn't spray all over the walls it only counts as T.
I wouldn't say it's a matter of the current ratings system "not working" necessarily because, in the end, the parents absolutely should have a say in what their kids are allowed to play. If they want to let their kid play GTA, I'll think they're dumb, but they have every right to let them.
Ratings systems are basically just there to place limitations, not to definitively restrict things. There still has to be some level of freedom.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Upcoming Phoenix Wright game Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies will be expanded with a range of DLC, including a pirate-themed case that will bridge the game's story with that of proceeding title Apollo Justice.

Dual Destinies sees the return of original series protagonist Phoenix Wright, and DLC episode "Special Chapter: Turnabout Return" will reveal Wright's first case back at the bar, Siliconera reported.

In typical Phoenix Wright fashion, the case stars an orca whale and her pirate-obsessed trainer. Wright must defend the whale in court against a murder charge.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... -announced

This sounds amazing!!! Pics in the link.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:47 am

Why do I get a sinking feeling? I hope this division of the story into parts that everyone sees and parts that some people won't doesn't become an albatross around the neck of the series in the future, limiting the references/continuity they can build a long term plot around because only a small proportion of enthusiasts will have played that particular DLC. I know there are ways around it and they're already very good at catering to new players in each sequel. I'm just a little uneasy with them placing potential limitations on themselves by going this route, because I'd hate to think the best storyline decisions will later be passed up in favor of something that doesn't present these complications, however small.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby OL » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:31 pm

The game itself is going to be digital-only anyway, so I don't really worry about the fact that DLC continues the story. It's basically DLC to begin with.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:14 pm

To be fair PW1 for Americans had an extra case not in the JP release on GBA. If a japanese person did all of the gba releases then jumped into Apollo Justice I don't think they'd be missing anything super significant although I did really like the 5th case in the 1st game. Hopefully they can stick to something like that.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Ash » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:43 am

There's an archived stream of the game - I'm putting the URL in spoilers, because this site comes with a side-bar of related videos; I'm not sure if the video's displayed in the bar are random, but the one showing for me at the moment has a screenshot of the final case.

It's all in Japanese, but does give you the chance to see the game running on the 3DS.

Basic impressions from people are that the game is apparently very easy. It takes around 15-20 hours.

We're also supposed to be getting some "good news" related to the fact that AA5 is digital only in the near future.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, the fifth game in the main series of Ace Attorney titles, is slated for released on 24th October, publisher Capcom has announced.

Being an eShop only offering on 3DS, Dual Destinies is a budget priced affair, ringing in at €24.99 / $29.99.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:34 pm

phpBB [video]

Demo out now
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:38 am

Out today, for those who want it. I'll be downloading it tonight and struggling over whether to put GTA V on hold for a while.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Ash » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm playing through it now, just started case three.

I'm enjoying it, but....I don't know, it does sort of feel like something is missing?

I do like the relationship between Fulbright (the new detective) and Blackquill (the new prosecutor). It's definitely different from Gumshoe's relationship with Edgeworth, Franziska and Godot, or Ema's relationship with Klavier.

Fulbright's enthusiasm is endearing, but I can also see it starting to wear a little...have to see how much of a role he has in later cases. Blackquill so far doesn't really stand out amongst the other prosecutors, but he does have his amusing moments.

One thing I'm not so pleased with, the pacing of the overall story seems to be a little off - I can already predict what the basis of the final case will be.

***Edited to add***:

I recommend that you you don't just leave your 3DS running when playing this game. Make sure you reset from time to time. There are three text bugs experienced in this game - one is that the text doesn't appear in the new log feature, the second is that sometimes text can appear black on a black background, and the third is that sometimes in-game text doesn't appear. It seems like these bugs are triggered by leaving the 3DS running the game for too long, and a reset will fix these.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ash » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Sorry for the double post.

Finished it last night....I'm not disappointed by any means, but at the same time, I can't really think of many good things to say about AA5, in comparison to the other AA games. :?

I'll wait until the DLC case comes out before posting any in-depth impressions, the DLC case is supposed to be quite impressive, and I'm hoping that it may lessen an issue I had with the final case.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Neo Matrix » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Were ladders mentioned?
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm near the end of case 3. Pretty much if you want more Ace Attorney you've got it here.

The only gripes I have are very little things. There are times when you know the answer to something but can't say anything because the game doesn't want you to yet but every game in the series has had that. I do like the prosecuter though, I don't think he's as good as the one's in the original trilogy but I prefer him over the one from Apollo Justice. Can't say I'm such a fan of the detective either.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ash » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Neo Matrix wrote: Were ladders mentioned?

Yes. :)

Riku Rose wrote: I'm near the end of case 3. Pretty much if you want more Ace Attorney you've got it here.

The only gripes I have are very little things. There are times when you know the answer to something but can't say anything because the game doesn't want you to yet but every game in the series has had that. I do like the prosecuter though, I don't think he's as good as the one's in the original trilogy but I prefer him over the one from Apollo Justice. Can't say I'm such a fan of the detective either.

As a prosecutor, I think Blackquill is the best one so far. As a character.....I don't dislike him, but well....despite a few characters quirks, he's kind of a little too normal?

Surprised to hear that you don't care for Fulbright - just about everyone seems to adore him. Out of interest, do you mind if I ask why you're not a fan? :)
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming