Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:34 pm

phpBB [video]

Wow, there people saying that the MIghty Number 9 kickstarter was actually a scam... I dont think anyone can deny its a very ugly situation but the final product differing so much from what was originally shown is insane. Then of course the delays the horrible reviews of the game once it finally came out, some are saying its the most disappointing game of all time. Just what in the hell happened to this cluster fuck of a game over the last few years?

I hope Shenmue 3 doesnt turn out similarly considering its the same throw back/passion project, of course the situation is different and #inyuwetrust and all that but I think it would be foolish to rule out the possibility.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
south carmain wrote: Kinda disappointed with MGS5. It's fun at first but then it just drags on and feels like you're just doing the same thing over and over again. I don't think I'll find the motivation to finish it anytime soon.

Free-roaming through Afghanistan and Africa for materials and high-ranked soldiers is something I find very enjoyable.

I enjoyed that at first but after hours of doing it an pretty much visiting all the locations twice over it got boring too. Maybe I just lack patience :dunno:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Ash » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:35 am

Finished Zero Time Dilemma. I have to admit, I'm...disappointed. I could see some issues at the start of the game, and kept hoping they'd be resolved, but they weren't.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Wow, there people saying that the MIghty Number 9 kickstarter was actually a scam... I dont think anyone can deny its a very ugly situation but the final product differing so much from what was originally shown is insane. Then of course the delays the horrible reviews of the game once it finally came out, some are saying its the most disappointing game of all time. Just what in the hell happened to this cluster fuck of a game over the last few years?

I hope Shenmue 3 doesnt turn out similarly considering its the same throw back/passion project, of course the situation is different and #inyuwetrust and all that but I think it would be foolish to rule out the possibility.

I can think of games more disappointing than MM9.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Did anyone pick up Star Ocean? If so how is it.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:01 pm

It's decent. I wouldn't rave about it, there's hardly any cutscenes (thank god, those SO4 cutscenes looked atrocious) but for an introduction to the series I am enjoying it. Combat is fun, characters are okay and generic as hell, so is the storyline but the actual world traversal, combat and music (Motoi Sakuraba on fine form, THOSE SYNTHS! Honestly sounds like something from the PSX era, he's gone all in old school with this) make up for the shortcomings. If you fancy playing a PS2 era style Action RPG, you can do a lot worse.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Ziming » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:05 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Just found a Shenmue reference in Yakuza 4. "Gals on Wild in Yokosuka - Ryoko Hazuki - 18 - Saggitarius" :lol:

Looks like Ryo has quite the little sister, or perhaps even daughter??? I guess not even Ryo and Ine-san could keep her under control... :no:

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Just found a Shenmue reference in Yakuza 4. "Gals on Wild in Yokosuka - Ryoko Hazuki - 18 - Saggitarius" :lol:

Looks like Ryo has quite the little sister, or perhaps even daughter???

Or a sex change. :-k

Sonikku has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Well the ages dont match up considering Yakuza 4 takes place in 2010, but its still a goofy little reference to Shenmue they threw in, but more often than not thats just how the Yakuza games work, or just weird shit and weird people in Tokyo, or that "only in japan" type of thing, im not sure which or a combination of them. xD
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:32 pm

I keep telling you people that Ryo's a time traveler. Proof: He has a Sega Saturn, In 1986.

Hell I'd want to visit the future to get work done too. :-o
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:14 pm

And here we go with Sonikku's conspiracy theories of Ryo being a sex changed time traveler...

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:01 am

I've been to most of the most famous art museums in the world, and I think I enjoy just downloading shit from itch.io and gamejolt than most of them.

Specially contemporary art, so much bullshit.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:04 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: And here we go with Sonikku's conspiracy theories of Ryo being a sex changed time traveler...

Yakuza 4 CONFIRMS it!
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 am

Ryo's not just any time traveller, he's a timelord. Watch the Kickstarter announcement video and tell me he didn't undergo a regeneration or two during those years in the cave.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming