Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:11 pm

QWERTY™ wrote: Do you guys actually have game posters on your walls? I can understand having shit like that up when you're in your early teens but now? I don't even have band/artist posters up anymore as it just feels a bit juvenile, y'know? I'm not knocking your interests or anything, I just felt when I got to a certain age that I felt obliged to dress my walls with things that weren't so childish. As I said, I'm not trying to get a ruse or anything, I'm honestly interested as to how you think it's "cool" to have that kinda stuff on your walls.

It's no more childish than having a poster of a band or a sports team or a fave film.

Now posters or wall scrolls of huge eyed over sexualized anime girls who cater to the innder pedo's of the world is a different story.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:14 pm

QWERTY™ wrote: Do you guys actually have game posters on your walls? I can understand having shit like that up when you're in your early teens but now? I don't even have band/artist posters up anymore as it just feels a bit juvenile, y'know? I'm not knocking your interests or anything, I just felt when I got to a certain age that I felt obliged to dress my walls with things that weren't so childish. As I said, I'm not trying to get a ruse or anything, I'm honestly interested as to how you think it's "cool" to have that kinda stuff on your walls.

Stopped having posters in my teen years now i have photos of family on my walls but that's me.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Dorian wrote: There's nothing juvenile in posters per se. It all depends on the poster. Nicely framed poster with good art can be charming no matter what you're fucking age is. Not to mention the fact that I always find it lame when people try to show they're grown ups.

Your opinion is invaild as you're an idiot.

Bluecast wrote:It's no more childish than having a poster of a band or a sports team or a fave film.

That's what I mean though, I don't have any film or sports posters either. I literally cringe when I see something like that in someone's house if they're outside of their teenage years because it's just a bit... naff?

Bluecast wrote:Now posters or wall scrolls of huge eyed over sexualized anime girls who cater to the innder pedo's of the world is a different story.

Goes without saying.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:17 pm

I have posters on my walls still. Mainly in my studio, but that's coz having plain walls doesn't exactly get the creative juices flowing. Other than that, I just recently put up the "RISE" posters for TDKR above my TV. Well, I say I did it, I mean they're mine n the missus did it coz she likes em.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:19 pm

I only have a black and white canvas of a New York City skyline on my black feature wall in my bedroom. Meant to post a photo of it in Ryudo's topic but never got round to it.

Gaming thought: The price of Sonic Racing Transformed has dropped so much on Amazon, the giftcard I used on it has actually been deposited back to me. Even put first class post on the bitch..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I have pics of the family on a few shelves and a wall. Bedroom since I don;t sleep in there just became a retro project so yeah it's like a 80's and 90's room. It has posters. Front room it's Kanji scrolls. A couple framed posters. A few more framed Kanji. Grandparents. My dads baby hand print. Also my grandpa's pencil drawings framed. Also some plates. So it looks classy in the front room.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:24 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:
Dorian wrote: There's nothing juvenile in posters per se. It all depends on the poster. Nicely framed poster with good art can be charming no matter what you're fucking age is. Not to mention the fact that I always find it lame when people try to show they're grown ups.

Your opinion is invaild as you're an idiot.

Bluecast wrote:It's no more childish than having a poster of a band or a sports team or a fave film.

That's what I mean though, I don't have any film or sports posters either. I literally cringe when I see something like that in someone's house if they're outside of their teenage years because it's just a bit... naff?

Bluecast wrote:Now posters or wall scrolls of huge eyed over sexualized anime girls who cater to the innder pedo's of the world is a different story.

Goes without saying.

It's just not your thing esp hen you have stated before your interest in gaming is dwindling.
It's not childish. Everyone expresses themselves differently. Some with great passion and very up front with it and others more subtle. Different strokes for different folks

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Dorian
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:26 pm

I wouldn't want to bring a girl home and there is a giant poster of Cloud from Final Fantasy on the wall.

I don't have any posters up but thought about maybe getting something done like a poster for the Led Zeppelin reunion gig at the O2 framed with my ticket and wristband or a picture of Millwall in the FA Cup Final with all my ticket stubs from the FA cup games that year. These are more for the memories then anything just having a posters on their own I would agree is more something for teens.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Nah, it definitely is pretty childish, but I'm still a kid at heart. I can defo see what people reckon it's pretty sad, but I feel comfortable with it and it's a point of conversation. Too many peeps I know have gone boring through "maturing". There needs to be a balance between being too mature (/boring) and too immature (/an irritating fool), and I feel I've got the balance down to a tee.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Bluecast wrote:It's just not your thing esp hen you have stated before your interest in gaming is dwindling.
It's not childish. Everyone expresses themselves differently. Some with great passion and very up front with it and others more subtle. Different strokes for different folks

Yeah it's definitely not my thing obviously. I just guess certain people find more in life rather than being stuck in a frame of mind where playing computer games is the be-all and end-all. I'm just saying there are more things which are more beautiful and candy for the eye than an A1 poster of Final Fantasy or some shit like that. I'm not just limiting it to games though, guys that have big posters of women like Kelly Brook wearing barely fuck-all and shit when they're supposed to have matured are pathetic imo.
Last edited by QWERTY on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Some would describe statements like Riku's insecure about who they are. Riku has a tatt of some poekmon anyway. Peter has Shenmue. Some girls have a huge Triforce on their back.

I mean if OL,Happy Console Gamer,Manny getting married and all are very open gamers then the whole girl thing is a dumb argument.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Dorian
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 pm

QWERTY™ and Riku are just aggressive males with too high testosterone levels. They actually think it's smart to talk shit about others and that it's cool to act superciliously. In reality, it's shallow and boring.

It takes far bigger balls to have gaming poster(s) in your room when you're an adult than to call others idiots and dickheads, especially via the internet.

What a vulgar, discompassionate place this board has turned into.

Dorian has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, lavrentis
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Speaking of hanging things on walls, i've been meaning to tack on my records on there.

It looks great. I'd get a few paintings as well. Any posters i'd hang now are movie posters, preferably signed ones. But then if I get an office, i'd hang them there instead.

Dorian wrote: They actually think it's smart to talk shit about others and that it's cool to act superciliously. In reality, it's shallow and boring.

Dude, you're the last person who should be saying that.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Dorian wrote: QWERTY™ and Riku are just aggressive males with too high testosterone levels. They actually think it's smart to talk shit about others and that it's cool to act superciliously. In reality, it's shallow and boring.

It takes far bigger balls to have gaming poster(s) in your room when you're an adult than to call others idiots and dickheads, especially via the internet.

What a vulgar, discompassionate place this board has turned into.

Wind yer neck in. I didn't aim what I posted to anyone in particular. You're obviously offended by what I said because deep down you know it's pathetic. Don't get mad bro.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Bluecast wrote: Some would describe statements like Riku's insecure about who they are. Riku has a tatt of some poekmon anyway. Peter has Shenmue. Some girls have a huge Triforce on their back.

No I just think it would look ridiculous and tacky I like things to look very neat and posters and figurines aren't something I want around my house. If a girl was to ask what I like doing I wouldn't avoid saying gaming. I just choose to express where and when I like something. Same way I wouldn't start singing football songs in a supermarket unless I was pissed.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming