SINGLE PLAYER GAMER (updated March 29)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: My Youtube Channel - SINGLE PLAYER GAMER

Postby OL » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

I apologize if my voice has a sort of "swishing" sound throughout the video. I was trying to remedy the problem AnimeGamer pointed out, that my voice was only single-channel in the earlier video, and it resulted in that odd background effect on my voice. Probably just need new recording equipment.
Anyway, fastest review I've made so far, but still took many, many hours to write, record, edit, and complete.
Tried to cover as much as possible, so the video is also 13 minutes long. Didn't expect that when making it.
But yeah... enjoy (if that's at all possible).
Oh, and 720p or 1080p, yaddah yaddah...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZzNmlIlsQ[/youtube]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Tell the truth you were masturbating while makin the vid.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Spoiler warning? Just incase I'll watch it when I finish Yakuza 4 myself..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Damn, Shenmue Dojo sure has harsh critics.

Very well done, OL. The best video review I have seen of the game and I saw more than a couple of ones these last few days.

I would have liked if you further developed some points (sub stories, side missions, 'Revelations' and whatnot-- and then I would problably regret it because it would be hard to go at it without spoiling anything along the way...) but it is indeed a very good wrap up and a top notch review of Yakuza 4.

This one review gives a more 'professional' vibe to it than the others you have done (or maybe it's just me); solid, polished, classic and contained in style which I think fits the Yakuza series pretty well (regardless of it's over the top moments), specially having in mind how so many persons/media dismiss it that treatment under so many other 'high profile' titles.

If only more people were to see it...

Thumbs up, keep up the good job!
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:42 pm

I wake up turn on the Roku and I am greeted with another video.
Twas awesome.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:I would have liked if you further developed some points (sub stories, side missions, 'Revelations' and whatnot-- and then I would problably regret it because it would be hard to go at it without spoiling anything along the way...) but it is indeed a very good wrap up and a top notch review of Yakuza 4.

I intended to, but that would have just made the video even longer, and it's already pretty lengthy as is.
Best to leave that stuff a surprise, I guess. ;-)

Crimson Ryan wrote:Spoiler warning? Just incase I'll watch it when I finish Yakuza 4 myself..

I should have clarified: the only "spoilers" are in the form of moves, minigames, and other things that simply might be more exciting if you were to experience them in the game, rather than seeing them here first. As story goes, I made very sure not to reveal anything besides whatever you would normally know at the onset of playing as any one of the characters.
Maybe I should come up with a better term than "spoiler warning" next time, since I guess it isn't really meant to be in the traditional sense.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Good stuff.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Oppy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Fuck yer, awesome video man.
Still haven't played Y4 yet, but now I am keen as hell to play it.
I lol'd at the great white shark bit, and also like the Shenmue reference with the harbor.
Its good to see you putting so much effort into your videos rather then just trying to rush them.
Anyway good stuff man, look forward to seeing some more vids from you.
One more thing. What happened to Doyle?
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:56 pm

From that review and forgive me for bringing this old hat back up but seems just as if not more so detailed and a genuine sense of the Japanese atmosphere. That is what sold me on the series besides the music. I love beat em ups so to me sounds like the perfect combo. A chance I like this more than shenmue(even if different styles of games) Or will I still love shenmue more for the down to home feeling in the first.

Always was curious about this series but never had such interest until the review.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Broke down and watched it. Not very spoilerish which is good to me. The video seemed a little fuzzy and lower quality then your previous video which is weird considering it's PS3 footage and I watched it in 720p. Must be your capture equipment? I miss the MSPaint segments, though.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 pm

The video quality issue is there because the footage is recorded at a certain size that isn't 1080, then I blow it up to that size when I render the video, then it gets shrunk back down for youtube. I wish I knew some kind of secret to making it super crisp, but the only solutions I've found on the net for it is simply uploading the highest quality video I can. :dunno:
Haven't found any other remedies for it at all.
I've uploaded tests under different sizes, framerates, qualities etc, but this is the best I can figure out so far.

And I may still have the MSPaint segments in other videos, but they're going to be much more sparse. That was my problem with earlier ones; just trying way too hard with that stuff. Probably just be still pictures from now on, rather than attempting a bit of primitive "animation" like before.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:04 pm

If you ask me, I think it compliments your video's perfectly. They're one of the funniest parts. Reminds me of Yahtzee..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Well the last thing I want to do is remind anyone of Yahtzee...
:lol:
They'll still be there if the inspiration strikes me, but I felt like I was forcing it too hard before (especially with the Fatal Shadows vid). Needs to be more natural if I'm going to use it, I think.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Fair warning if you start to do a yahtze tye thing I will burn your channel with e-fire and tell 4chan you rape little boys.

Ok ok question what happened to the Tenchu vid?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:08 am

I just took it down for the time being.
Like I say in the comments section on the Yakuza vid, it might just be me being too hard on myself as the "creator" of it and all, but I look at the Tenchu vid and just think it's truly terrible. Like to the point that I'm embarrassed by it. Might just be that I've seen it so many times now that I immediately spot how unnatural it is every time, or something like that, but it just seems really awful now.
I do still have the original copy on my hard drive though, so maybe I'll put it back up at some point in the future for a giggle. Need to do more vids first though.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming