Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bambi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Question for everyone,what's the most you have spent on a video game that wasn't a CE?

Had to think on this one for a while as I'm pretty thrifty overall, the one that stands out would be £85/$135 for Mega Man X on the SNES.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: I sold XB for about £12-15. I hate CeX.

be thankful you don't have gamestop. I generally have to sell stuff at CeX (I'm not sure why but we have like 2) because it'll give 15 where gamestop gives 1

Must be the same as GAME, but you wouldn't get cash, just a quid trade-in.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:40 pm

This was put up on Mistwalkers website. First reaction everyone thought t was the new artwork for the Wii U game and many thought it was a possible sequel to The Last Story. Turns out it is from The Last Story but before Nintendo had the game changed for being to dark. This is when the game was titled The Last World and had a totally different story. Don't get me wrong glad how the game turned out but very curious what the darker story would have been

EDIT more leaked artwork...WTF?!

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:15 pm

south carmain wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:
south carmain wrote: tried policenauts today, yay for molesting air stewardesses tits.

it has some pretty perverted humour in it, meryl lets you touch her tits if you beat her high score at shooting as well, I'm sad the stewardess refused to date me after I grabbed her tit to ahem "cure my SAS" (some sort of space sickness) :lol:

Its a great game that needs a HD remake and then P2

it would look great with modern visuals, the atmosphere it has is one of the best I've experienced in a while as well

I'm not so sure about the story telling though, this guy is supposed to be a police officer but doesn't act on the many clues that suggest the AP officer killed lorraine

-the killer has artificial blood
-artificial blood is only used by frozens which are AP officers that live on beyond
-frozens need dialysis ever 10 days so the killer would need to leave earth soon and return to beyond to get it done, considering the trip both ways is 4 days that would only leave 6 days for him be on earth so he would need to leave ASAP
-he sees a frozen on the plane, bandaged and says he was on earth visiting family
-frozens have no family
-meet him at the police station, denies ever saying that, acts like a complete psychopath

even if it's not him it's extremely stupid that the main character doesn't even suspect him at this point :roll:

still a great game and other than that the writing is pretty good, I especially like how they introduce you to the setting, they tell you something that doesn't make sense at first then you learn the missing links through inspecting elements and it gradually comes together

Crimson Ryan will hate me for saying this but, yeah, Snatcher is better. At least there it isn't
as fatally obvious who the killers are.
Still, Policenauts has great atmosphere and some great writing in it. The 90s anime style I am a big fan of, as well. It contains a lot of movie references in it as well, just wait until you reach the climax, since it is pretty much
ripping off both Die Hard and High Noon wholesale.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

As far as the story goes Ive never rated Kojima as a story teller.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm

After losing 3 continues on the first part of Round 6, I now know that I will never beat Shinobi 3. ...........$#^$@!
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Calshot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:58 pm

south carmain wrote: tried policenauts today, yay for molesting air stewardesses tits.

Jonathan can molest the breasts of practically every woman in that game. Even
his own daughter.

I feel like my typing skills have been slipping recently. Maybe I should pick up Typing of the Dead.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 am

Put a good few hours into FIFA tonight to buy Yaya for my Ultimate Team. Played Offline & Online season games one after the other. Got held in Offline coz I use my reserves. Didn't care coz I was one win away from liftin the title and baggin the 8k coins I needed for Toure on Online. Intense match. Keepin posession well while he tries puttin me under pressure with his all Brazilian team. 4-1 up in the 75th minute n I've got a corner. Should be plain sailin. Oh no, not with FIFA...

Match disconnected. In the end I don't blame him. I'd been bossin it since kick off. Surveyin the post-match stats and suddenly I've lost connection with the EA servers, followed by a crash. I restart my Xbox only to find out I haven't got my 8k coins for clinching the title, not even the 6.25k prize for being held. And on top of that, it's sayin I'm the one who disconnected so now my DNF modifier's decreased, so I've just been dealt a huge setback in my persuit of the remaining Blues (Silva Vinnie n Aguero)

Now, I don't usually moan a lot (lol), but this has really pissed me off.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:18 am

Arkham City ultimate edition 360 for $20 at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Cit ... ar+Edition

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Ed. for PC $10 on newegg with coupon code EMCXVXR235
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... Collection
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:58 am

Not a surprise...Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge confirmed for PS3 and 360.

Sigh...damn it Team Ninja.I'm a sucker for NG games,guess this will be another to add to the multiple versions I have.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am

Edge reporting the new XBox will require you to be online at all times and all games will have a code that will tie it to that console. If true then I'm out.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Edge reporting the new XBox will require you to be online at all times and all games will have a code that will tie it to that console. If true then I'm out.

Agreed, they can fuck off just on the "require you to be online at all times" thing alone. Worrying that you read that in Edge as well, who are usually quite "serious" in tone for a gaming mag, and as far as I know, aren't in the habit of just printing any old shit.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Sony no used games
Xbox online 24/7

If this happens would be the first time 2 consoles had to drop out of the race and leave one with no competition.
SEGA! Make a console again!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 pm

After that other topic opened my eyes a bit, I am kinda interested in seeing how the Ouya comes together (even though it's not meant to be a rival to the traditional powerhouse-ish type of mainstream consoles)...

Is there any legality whatsoever to making it impossible to sell games (as in physical ones on disks) second hand? Sounds like something that they should be taken to task on. If Ford or Honda or whoever made it so that your car keys would only work with the original owner who bought it new, I'm pretty sure the courts would kick them about pretty hard, pretty quickly. Granted cars and games are different, and games have licencing and copyrighting issues, but it still seems crazy that they can do that...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Keys cost 1.50$ to have made. No store I know just says sure we will make a copy of your new game. I see your point but just saying.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming