dev comment of the day topic

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 pm

OH YEAH! Another pretentious asswipe flower fucking hippie contradictory Amish fuck fart!
I won't be touching his shitty games

Most video games are just not stimulating enough for grown adults, so says Journey creator Jenova Chen.

Speaking in an interview with Gamasutra, Chen suggested that for games to appeal to a more mature audience they need to include more "relevant" themes.

"My biggest complaint for computer games so far is they are not good enough for adults," he said.

"For adults to enjoy something, they need to have intellectual stimulation, something that's related to real life. Playing poker teaches you how to deceive people, and that's relevant to real life. A headshot with a sniper rifle is not relevant to real life. Games have to be relevant intellectually.

"You also need depth. You have the adventure - the thrill of the adventure - but you want the goosebumps too."

That's clearly something Chen is shooting for with thatgamecompany's next project, which is still under wraps.

"Can games make you and another human learn something intellectual and relevant from each other?" he asked.

"Can games make you and another human experience an emotion that's deep enough to touch adults? I'm working on all of that. Making emotional games and making them intellectually relevant; making games where people can connect and come together."

Thatgamecompany's last release, thoughtful PSN download Journey, picked up a glowing 9/10 from Eurogamer earlier this year.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm a pretentious asswipe flower fucking hippie contradictory Amish fuck fart (join us), Journey was a masterpiece (you should play it), and I agree with Master Jenova Chen.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 18, 2012 4:19 pm

KiBa wrote:I'm a pretentious asswipe flower fucking hippie contradictory Amish fuck fart (join us), Journey was a masterpiece (you should play it), and I agree with Master Jenova Chen.

Then you're an idiot. It's pretentious bullshit and by bullshit i mean not true and by not true he is another David Cage spouting his mouth and I'm starting to hate indie devs as they seem to keep being such dumbasses who couldn't crack it with a real game developer so they make their little game get's some mild success and they thing they know how to tell every gamer and dev what to think and how they are better than everyone else. Plus at least David Cage has a real name. Not some faggot named Jenova Chen. Shuttup faggot! FAGGOT!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Fri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Ok.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Fri May 18, 2012 6:04 pm

And at least David Cage's games are physical releases also.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Oh wow, a guy who has an opinion.

Yes, let's punish his free thinking ways by not financially supporting him even if he happens to make quality products. That'll teach them not to adhere to our thinking.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 19, 2012 1:00 am

A faggot dumbass who thinks he a is a big shot. Tired of these morons thinking everyone wants a collge education from playing a fucking video game.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:24 am

I've heard worse comments *shrug*. Just cause he is an "indie" dev trying to explain the philosophy for his game, and gaming in general and not being a big established dev, doesnt really matter. If you want to make the jump to the latter, you have to step up to the plate and start acting like it. Plus hes just explaining his point of view, we are not devs at all, but we have serious opinions, should we not say certain things about the way we feel just cause of that? No, thats ridiculous.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't see why there's any reason to go on a sailor-mouthed anger spree over what he said. The guy is just talking about what he's aiming for with the games he makes. He didn't say all games need to aspire to it, or that it's never been done in the past.
Some of my favorite games aim for and accomplish exactly what he's talking about, so I don't see the problem with it. Just because someone likes injecting a bit of intellectualism into their games is no reason to jump on them.
If you don't like that feel, then good news: most games don't aspire to that style anyway. It's just one guy's thoughts on why he makes his games the way he does.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Whatever. Wonder Boy VI is coming to the west at fucking last but..digital only
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 pm

It's Monster World IV.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 am

I dont mind him saying that but he does make it sound like his talking for all adults when infact his talking about what he wants. I also dont see Flower or Journey as adult games.

I do think his a bit of a twit for saying PS3 gamers like art more than 360 and wii owners for a couple reasons.

1 he said it to push his game which is of course a ps3 exclusive and 2 i dare say most gamers are multiformat gamers meaning they probably own a 360/ps3 wii/ps3 or all 3.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-gen-n ... ev-6377776

Oh David Cage... I dont know what to think of him.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 am

Shame the PS3 cant make his games playable.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby south carmain » Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-gen-not-needed-until-2017-says-heavy-rain-dev-6377776

Oh David Cage... I dont know what to think of him.

it seems he means there is an oversupply of anything that outsells his games
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming