Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Wow I just tried to find a cheap PS2 but no where does them cheap. The only place I found a new one was on GAME and that was £100 with Buzz. If you never had a PS2 I'd suggest it but damn I thought you could get one around £50 now.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby LawXiu » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:42 pm

I've just payed out for a PS3 already so I don't want to buy a PS2. Spent a lot of money on my car this month as well. Half the engine is in my bedroom but that's a long story.

I'll have to make do for now. Maybe it will come with a short film like Shenmue 2? I played them games the wrong way around as well.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 am

LawXiu wrote:Maybe it will come with a short film like Shenmue 2? I played them games the wrong way around as well.

There is. Not as a seperate DVD, but there is a catch-up video at the start of the game.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 pm

In Yakuza 2 there is a catch up video at the start that tells you what happened in the first. And doubt either are intrested but I heard some Gamestations still sell PS2's for £50. I'd say £80 is worth it.

UK are getting a special edition. Can't believe anything for the US ain't been announced yet. Might have to get this for the DLC as long as it aint to much as I'm getting the special FFXIII 3 days before.

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:44 pm

If there is a catch up vid then I can jump into the game. That way I don't mind waiting for PS2 prices to fall.

http://www.loot.com/Search.aspx?loc=tn2 ... SOLES&ia=1

Second hand looks like the best option but finding one local is a mission.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Ugh.. awful boxart again. Was hoping it would be changed. One thing that I noticed is the age rating on the cover, it's not from PEGI or the ESRB, so is that really the edition for the UK?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Yeah look at the disc it has the UK 18 certificate.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby UnHoly Bible » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:28 pm

If you have a good computer you can emulate it nearly perfectly.
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LawXiu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

I've got a PS2. My friend will lend me his one as he is desperate to borrow my 360 for Forza 3. I'll go to the shops in the morning to try and get the games, quicker than ordering online but maybe a touch more expensive. Will still work out cheaper in the long run as the PS2 price will fall by the time I buy one.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 am

Riku wrote:In Yakuza 2 there is a catch up video at the start that tells you what happened in the first. And doubt either are intrested but I heard some Gamestations still sell PS2's for £50. I'd say £80 is worth it.

UK are getting a special edition. Can't believe anything for the US ain't been announced yet. Might have to get this for the DLC as long as it aint to much as I'm getting the special FFXIII 3 days before.

Thats the only version the UK are getting which sort of just makes it a regular version..........

Still not sure if i will get this after playing the japanese demo last year.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:Thats the only version the UK are getting which sort of just makes it a regular version..........

Still not sure if i will get this after playing the japanese demo last year.

Wicked. Preordered!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:53 am

How do you know that I ain't seen anywhere say that is the only version?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 am

Riku wrote:How do you know that I ain't seen anywhere say that is the only version?

Most high profile games these days have a regular edition and a collector's edition. Yakuza 3, however - at least in PAL territories - will only have a collector's edition. Making it regular!

Sega announced today that only one version of the game is to released in Europe and Australasia, with that version given a standard price along with some not-so-standard inclusions.

Bundled along with the game itself will be a 31-song soundtrack, an interactive "beginner's guide" to the history and relationships of the series' characters (very handy considering few people will have played the preceding games) and four pieces of DLC for the title (which, admittedly, were released in Japan for free) included on the disc.

Sure, it's a little on the thin side compared to collector's editions that you pay extra for, but for what are essentially free additions, it's a nice touch.

http://kotaku.com/5464760/yakuza-3s-pal ... ar-edition
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:00 am

Nice thanks for the link.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:31 am

Someone uploaded the Yakuza 3 section of Qore on Youtube. Grab it before it goes down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtileAadE7I
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming