What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 am

A simple game of genius.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:15 am

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 demo. Fun stuff. Almost makes me want to get the first game.

Also the demo for the new Strider. It works well enough, but something about it just lacks pizazz. Maybe it's the design work. Just can't hold a candle to Strider 2 on PS1.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:54 am

Zoo Tycoon. I'm enjoying it but I hate it when these games give you a large map but limit how many things you can have in it at one time.

Also Fable Anniversary. Trying to collect the hero dolls and that Bowerstone South game is a pain in the arse.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby myshtuff » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 am

OL wrote: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 demo. Fun stuff. Almost makes me want to get the first game.

Also the demo for the new Strider. It works well enough, but something about it just lacks pizazz. Maybe it's the design work. Just can't hold a candle to Strider 2 on PS1.

I beat the first Castlevania LoS and it was good. Kind of long in certain points, but good. The demo for 2 was great though.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:37 pm

So the only thing left to do is go in and slap Meio around like my read headed step bitch, but I'm obsessed with finding all the collectables. Theres like 1 per area I can't seem to find and its driving me nuts.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:32 pm

So just about everything in Xillia feels like a big step up for the Tales series, but I do have one complaint: something about having a free-moving camera makes the world seem a lot... smaller, I guess, than earlier games.
While wandering around the worlds in Vesperia, Abyss, or any of the others, it would take you to a world map where you could see the huge expanses of land you were crossing. And when you entered cities, the games utilized fixed camera angles to show off the size, splendor, and population of them. Xillia, on the other hand, allows a completely controllable camera and has no explorable world map; rather, it has connecting areas with enemies in them that never feel all that large or grand.
I'm sure the game will eventually feel a lot bigger, as Tales games always hit a certain mid-point where earth-shattering shit starts happening. But it's only a little disappointing that a freely-controllable camera -- something that should have improved the atmosphere tenfold -- in making it all feel a bit smaller.
It's especially strange, since a game like Final Fantasy XII, for example, uses the same kind of camera, but still feels a lot bigger and more epic. Of course, the cities in XII were appropriately large and expansive with tons of people wandering around, while the ones in Xillia consist of maybe two or three areas that can each be crossed in 20 seconds...
I dunno, it's just not improving the atmosphere like I had hoped.

Not to take anything away from the game of course; I'm having a blast either way, as I always do with Tales. I keep imagining what another remake of Phantasia would be like with this battle system and these graphics. Would be incredible.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 pm

killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
MY GOD i remember now why i hate first person shooters so much. i only bought this for an excuse to use my PS4. you just run around with a gun and shoot shit. thats it. no brain power or imagination required. point and shoot. teh gwaphics are gwood tho......

Perfect_Chaos has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm glad I didn't crack and buy it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Rakim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote: killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
you just run around with a gun and shoot shit.

Your summary makes it sound pretty awesome TBH. You cerebral types must have no fun.

Rakim has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL, Raithos
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 pm

I'm glad I enjoy games of all kinds. Having to think, analyze, and figure things out is great, but sometimes it's fun to just shoot stuff or mash a few buttons. I'll never really understand why people become averse to entire genres. I like variety.

OL has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:36 am

OL wrote:I'm glad I enjoy games of all kinds.

I wish I could say the same... there are some games I've tried so hard to like because the theming is so cool... but I just hate the gameplay (the style of gameplay rather than the quality). I've given up on first person shooters, real time and turned based strategy (although I've given this a pretty fair chance and have beaten a number of them), and I'm still working' on the hack n' slash genre -- my plan is to play through Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3... and if that doesn't do it I'm out.

There's too many games I actually enjoy playing to worry too much about it.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:23 pm

I went nuts last weekend playing all sorts, just to try them out or clear my backlog a bit: Bullet Witch (360), Lost Odyssey (360), Galerians: Ash (PS2), Growlanser 2 (PS2: via PCSX2), Suikoden 3 (PS2: via PCSX2) & Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon (PS2: via PCSX2). Mainly deciding over which one I want to play on my weeks off from work.

I've decided upon Raidou 2 & Galerians: Ash will be first.

As well as those I'm nearing the end of both Dangan Ronpa (Vita) & RE Zero (GC).

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 am

Perfect_Chaos wrote: killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
MY GOD i remember now why i hate first person shooters so much. i only bought this for an excuse to use my PS4. you just run around with a gun and shoot shit. thats it. no brain power or imagination required. point and shoot.

Who would of thought..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 am

Co-op mode in Biohazard 6 with my fiancee.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Rayman Legends on Xbox One.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983