What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby OL » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Still playing Dark Souls, but I also started in on Sniper Elite V2.
The stealth can be infuriating, and if you blow your cover it's better to just hit "restart" rather than attempting to fight it out. Those parts feel like they could have used some extra work, some extra features added in (there really ought to be a function to switch which shoulder you're looking over, and the cover system should have been smoothed out).
However, the actual sniping is fantastic, which is fortunate since that's the main draw of the game. I might find myself playing through a level, trying to be stealthy, thinking how poor the game feels during those parts... but then I'll hit a place where I'm free to snipe, and suddenly it almost feels triple-A, and I'll be having an absolute blast.
It's a very strange dichotomy to experience in a game like this.
I like the game a lot for its positives, but it's unfortunate that I feel like I have to trudge through mediocrity to get to those points.
Still, that sniping is excellent.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on 3DS. I've gone into this completely blind, having barely played even a Zelda game before, let alone the most revered entry in the franchise. And... I'm kinda stuck.

I have all three sacred stones (or whatever they're called), and Princess Zelda has just been kidnapped from Hyrule Castle. I now have the titular Ocarina of Time, and it's my understanding that I have to go to the Temple of Time (near the castle) and play the new Song of Time that I've just been taught.

Except, when I do this, nothing happens. I've been to the temple, stood on the triforce symbol, and played the tune correctly. No effect at all. I've tried numerous times. I wondered if perhaps I had to equip the new ocarina, but it's the only one in my inventory. So I'm at a loss. Walkthroughs suggest that a cutscene should be triggered, granting entry to a stone door behind the altar, but none of this occurs. Any ideas?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I'm playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on 3DS. I've gone into this completely blind, having barely played even a Zelda game before, let alone the most revered entry in the franchise. And... I'm kinda stuck.

I have all three sacred stones (or whatever they're called), and Princess Zelda has just been kidnapped from Hyrule Castle. I now have the titular Ocarina of Time, and it's my understanding that I have to go to the Temple of Time (near the castle) and play the new Song of Time that I've just been taught.

Except, when I do this, nothing happens. I've been to the temple, stood on the triforce symbol, and played the tune correctly. No effect at all. I've tried numerous times. I wondered if perhaps I had to equip the new ocarina, but it's the only one in my inventory. So I'm at a loss. Walkthroughs suggest that a cutscene should be triggered, granting entry to a stone door behind the altar, but none of this occurs. Any ideas?

You don't actually stand on the Triforce symbol, it's the carpet. I know, it's stupid, it should be on the Triforce symbol, but it's not. lol. After that head into the room and take the
Master Sword

The real game begins from that point forward though.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Ahh! Right, I'll try that. Thanks. \:D/
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Don't worry about it, I've done things like that loads of times in games myself before, I know the feeling well. (But in that case, it isn't your fault, it really doesn't make sense that it's the red carpet as opposed to the Triforce symbol)

Playing Virtue's Last Reward, they've ramped up the amount of endings something fierce (instead of there being six endings, this time there is over 20...)

Some of the game overs are very interesting and add extra layers to the mystery. It's still gotten that old school point and click adventure feel that made the first game so great too. The puzzles are well varied. Reminds me how great the adventure genre is again.

Also, the music is fantastic, especially if you're like me and love electronic ambient music. So damn atmospheric, a couple of the tracks sent shivers down my spine. Like this one:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooK86eSZFCo[/youtube]

Also, there's a good portion of the storyline that reminds me of a part of Snatcher too, wouldn't surprise me since the writer/director is a fan of that game! Overall, really impressed, it's great coming into the game even with my high expectations. Expectations I couldn't help myself from having since 999 really is one of the best adventure games I've ever played. Just got to see how they're going to tie up so many loose ends before the game ends (and I can't stress enough how many there are).

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Vyse Hazuky
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 am

the water temple isn't that hard

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: OL, Perfect_Chaos, Thief
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 am

Thank you.
I never wanted to say it so much before, because I didn't want to sound like I was acting all "oh look at me, I got teh skillz!"
But yeah, I very much agree.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:56 am

It wasn't the temple itself,It was just having to put on the iron boots on and off constantly that makes it annoying.Though the 3ds version fixed that.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Luvly KM » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am

Planescape Torment.

More game should utilise the A D&D ruleset. I don't know why they don't.. Its under the bonnet stuff

Luvly KM has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 pm

south carmain wrote:
the water temple isn't that hard

Nah its just annoying
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Mass Effect and Blood Money.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 am

Bought this about a year ago but never touched it...in fact I forgot about it.

Being able to play it on my vita makes it even more awesome.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 pm

I was playing a game of pool against my brother in Yakuza 3 the other day and just left the disc in and am doing the rest of the side stories and hitman missions and minigames and revelations, so I have a good lot left to do. Then I will play it on ard sometime soon after finish and I have no clue when that will be.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:34 pm

I wonder if there's a way to play Policenauts and Snatcher on iPad..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Way too much now really with the fact I have a 3DS and Wii U now.

Resident Evil Revelations
Mario 3D Land
Nintendo Land
Mad World
Monster Hunter Tri
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming