What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

So ACU is pretty cool so far. Enjoying the new animations and environments.
Also immediately turned the voices to french after hearing the unnaturaly thick british accents.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Axm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:15 am

So this indie game OliOli 2 is free on PSN right now. Pretty damn addicting. Think the game SKATE meets Trials HD but 2D side scrolling. Tricks are handled with just the joy sticks and it can get pretty technical. Cross save across all systems too.

Axm has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Chaos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 am

Torchlight 2 was finally ported to Linux so I think I'm gonna restart that since I already own it. :D
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:48 pm

I've purchased 2 RPG's because of Youtube. MetalJesus made me get Xenogears, and HappyConsoleGamer made me get Alundra. Right now, Alundra is driving me crazy. I shamefully used a walkthrough several times now, but it is unavoidable. Some of the things that you are supposed to do, you would never guess in a million years. I honestly believe that developers leaked some of the walkthrough information back when these games came out.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Chaos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:13 pm

actually started up torchlight 2 like an hour ago.

hopefully this stays fun for a while because I'm craving a diablo like game but I'm so sick of Diablo 2, and my computer is terrible and can't run Diablo 3 very well. ](*,)

Kinda wish there was more a straight up warrior type character, though engineer seems okay
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Since I last posted on here, I've played lots of games in my backlog, including:

Persona 1 (PSP) which I have never finished on the Snow Queen side, so that's been cool to see for the first time. Now that I have the series mechanics down pat, it's much easier than it was before. Still die a fair bit, but that's to be expected really considering that this game is essentially SMT with a different name, before it had its own identity fully.

King's Field IV (PS2) which I've put aside for now, due to a play session where I died and lost a good two hour slog through some very nasty enemies. It's incredibly atmospheric, really challenging and really addictive. From Software know what they are doing.

Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3). Had it for so long and never really got into it until now. Game feels stodgy at first and lower budget than mainline RE, but that's fine by me, since I've enjoyed every entry thus far. This is no exception, the design of this game is a little haphazard at times (weird enemy placement, enemy AI is less than stellar on the infected dogs, stages that end in literally two minutes! Even one stage where you do not fight a single enemy or solve a single puzzle. It is literally a walk down a corridor and end mission when you have switched to a new playable character...), a particularly frustrating boss battle that throws far too many enemies at you at once at the same time as this difficult boss and a couple of really annoying characters, but it's a solid Resi Evil experience, especially towards the end, where I am now.

And finally Majora's Mask (3DS), which I am really enjoying much more than I ever did on the N64, back in the day. Part of it is because the portable nature of it - I can just close the lid on the 3DS and return to it whenever and the other big feature is they've completely changed the save system, it's just a normal save now as opposed to having to START THE WHOLE FREAKING DAY ALL OVER AGAIN. God, I cannot emphasise how stupid some parts of this game's design are. Hardcores will argue that it's to make it more challenging, but really, it just frustrates, so thank goodness Nintendo could see the error of their ways here. I also like the redesigned bosses and find the hint system useful for whenever I get stuck, since this game just leaves you bare with no idea whatsoever what to do next. I appreciate it in a certain context of discovering things for yourself, but even the most obscure games I've played have some sort of hints at what to do next. So thankfully they've rectified that too. So yeah, I may actually finish Majora's Mask this time.

Dependant entirely on if I can get these done before Bloodborne and Final Fantasy Type 0 (and the FFXV demo!) take up all of my free time after work. End of March is stacked. :shock:

On the side I've played a chunk of the Mega Drive Collection on PS3, playing through some of my old favourites like Shinobi 3, Streets of Rage 3, Ristar, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes and Sonic 2. Only thing missing is Rocket Knight Adventures on this collection...which is a shame since I no longer have my Mega Drive and it's still one of my absolute favourites even to this day.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:53 am

Still waiting for Yakuza 5..

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Cave Johnson, OL
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:44 pm

^Your post actually made me kinda excited for it. As much as I love Yakuza I've not really thought about it and only just realized that summer isn't that far away.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Still have to finish 4. I was more interested in the story this time around, but everything else about it made me fall asleep in the middle of playing again.
I'll fire it up again now and pound some red bull.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Chaos » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:52 pm

I beat hotline miami 2 and I've been playing hard mode on it. Not as good as the original imo, but still a really great game.
Still playing hard runs on FTL every few days.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:54 am

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: OL, Oppy, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:55 am

Replaying Snatcher on the SegaCD with my girlfriend. It is her first play-through of it.

shengoro86 has received 4 thanks from: _StreetSonic_, Henry Spencer, OL, south carmain
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Snatcher has such a great atmosphere to it, I love 80/90s sci fi.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 pm

I got the urge to play Final Fantasy 8 today and to my surprise found it on sale on PSN for only 4 pounds so have been playing it all day. I have to say though I am absolutely in love with this game's environments, from the gardens to the trains and vehicles to the towns and cities everything just looks so nice. I love how it's futuristic but at the same time everything looks like it was designed during the renaissance era.

south carmain has received a thanks from: OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:52 am

I never thought id say this about any game, but with ACU theirs just way too much damn content in this game. As in most of the stuff is just so fetchy and tedious bullshit. I tried to care about doing some of the side stuff for awhile, but then was like, forget it..I'm just gonna focus on completing the main story. Any of this extra bullshit ill keep on the back burner until I feel like melting brain cells.

Bloodborne and MLB 15 are coming out soon and I'm Hype As Fuhhh

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming