What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:43 am

Calshot wrote:Image

So good i had to buy it again in HD which i need to finish.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Just put in about 2 hours of collecting pearls without saving on Beyond Good & Evil only for it to crash. I really can't be arsed to go through it again.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Still stuck on the same damn mission on Growlanser IV, really considering putting it down...hardest strategy game I've played, no doubt about that now.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Spokane » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:12 pm

I finally beat Darksiders II. Just on Normal and I didn't find all the damn Book of the Dead scrolls (just missed one) and was missing a Stone of the Mystics (and of course the 2 stones of powers that can only be obtained by getting all the Book of the Dead pages). I can't be bothered to go through several dungeons again looking for the scroll and stone. I know it's in one because I did look through the side areas that are not dungeons again (and I did go through all the side quests dungeons) . I have a feeling actually the one scroll glitched and didn't show up, one of the one's on Earth, but I doubt that. It's all wiped out now anyway, I had it write a new game + over it.

Samael was so easy I never died once fighting him and only used one or two life potions. And the final boss I only died once.

Next I have decided to play FallOut 3 GoTYE.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby OL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:16 am

Going into Darksiders 2, I really don't expect that I'll be trying for every sidequest and collectible, like I did with the first. It's obvious from the onset that it's much more of an RPG this time. Trying to do everything will be tedious as hell, I'm sure.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 am

OL wrote:Going into Darksiders 2, I really don't expect that I'll be trying for every sidequest and collectible, like I did with the first. It's obvious from the onset that it's much more of an RPG this time. Trying to do everything will be tedious as hell, I'm sure.

Not really. it makes the game more fun TBH and also helps you at times when in some tough battles. Also you will NEED to update the game with a patch when released. There are many Game breaking bugs. Some people are lucky and don't get them but many are not able to progress because of it. It's a buggy as fuck game. While DSII did pull out all the stops.Sadly the Earth level is shit broken as can be. First game IMO is better. Second is very good and Death is just flat awesome.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:27 am

I started it when it came out. The first "world" so to speak was incredibly boring, I thought. I was presented with a bunch of side-quests, but felt no urge to do them because the world was so "seen it before". Did a couple, but didn't get much out of them.
Ironically, while I defended the first game when some people said it looked too much like World of Warcraft, that was actually the thought I had going into this one. The Forge and its surrounding areas all reminded me of a cliche-fantasy WoW-style setting. I was almost turned off enough to stop playing for a while, but I kept on, knowing that there were at least a few more (hopefully) more interesting worlds to see after this.
Only in the land of the dead areas now. I'm at the arena, where I was supposed to fight the "champion". But as soon as I get there, I'm informed that "Sure, you may fight our champion... but first you have to go through yet another dungeon to turn him back on again".
I facepalmed a bit at that. Seriously, they couldn't have side-stepped the Zelda inspiration at least enough to keep me from getting bored with it?
Haven't played anymore since then, but I have to say that I'm at least a teensy bit disappointed with the game. While the first game had me experiencing the end of the world, slashing apart angels, and riding a motherfucking griffon all in the first few hours of play, this one is moving along at a slug's pace, doing the same things over and over again, in what have thus far been extremely uninteresting locales (seriously, the land of the dead is all brown and gray so far... not really inspiring me to explore as much as the devs probably want me to).
The Shadow of the Colossus-like fight was cool, but up to this point, that's really just about the only true highlight of the game. And Death is a great protagonist, but it feels like he's being wasted on these situations and environments.

I may just not be in the proper mood for playing it at the moment, so I think I'm setting it down for now. Maybe if I wait for the right inspiration to hit me, I'll have more fun with it.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:37 am

You described pretty much the entire game. It's dunegon heavy. However I found the sidequests to be more fun AND rewarding than the main quest. Another gripe I have but very minor. Loot. Well the armor itself. Someone who loves to see blue nipples designed this as the logic is the less you are covered up the more defense you have. Sad because there is some awesome outfits for death esp later on but they are weak compared to the one shoulder koopa shell and thong..it's like the female armor logic but with Death :???:

I love the game I really do but the constant crashes and restarting the game on a constant basis and other thins leads me to like the first more. However the OST to DSII is amazing IMO so I bought the two disc OST and pre ordered the artr of Darksiders II..got the guide and t shirt
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 am

I finally got out of the rut I was stuck in for Growlanser IV. The following battles afterward are so much easier than that one clusterfuck fight against the female angel, monsters and spirits. It was a real difficulty spike and totally unfair (one enemy can one shot kill your entire party).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Tried out Warhammer 40K: Space Marine a little while ago, and I'm actually surprised at how good it is. No cover system at all, but it's a really good mix of run-n-gun shooting and almost Koei-style melee action. Going into it, I was expecting a totally B-grade game (just another shooter, yaddah yaddah...), but so far it's incredibly solid, and the production values aren't bad at all. Having a lot of fun with it.

Also finally gave Tenchu: Time of the Assassins for the PSP a fair shot. I'd messed around with a single level in it before, but hadn't touched it since. It's clearly not the greatest the Tenchu series has to offer, but it's still a surprisingly competent entry in the series. It has problems (the draw distance is shite, and it seems almost unfair how far some of the guards can occasionally see, not to mention the control limitations of the PSP), but the drawbacks it has just go to strengthen the insistence on being stealthy even further.
And the fact that I can finally play new missions as Tesshu doesn't hurt it at all, even if the story isn't making much sense so far.
Apparently there's a way to eventually play as Onikage in it, so I want to keep playing and unlock that eventually.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 pm

The Walking Dead Episode 3. Awesome.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Millim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm Currently Playing Through Mass Effect 2.
Started Fallout New Vegas a few months ago but gave up when I nearly finished Dead Money.
Millim
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: Xbox Noob
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3

Postby OL » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 am

^^You should really play the Old World Blues expansion. It's absolutely excellent. Funny, clever, well-thought-out. I'd almost say it's better than the main game itself. Maybe a little wordy, but the dialogue is all absolutely worth listening to.
One of the best expansion packs I've ever played.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:47 am

:sad: I wish I'd got the Ultimate Edition now.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby OL » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 am

Spokane wrote::sad: I wish I'd got the Ultimate Edition now.

I'm sure you'll find it for five bucks somewhere eventually. On PS3, the packs are all on the disc, so even a used copy would suffice.
The game's a bitch when it comes to the glitches, load times, and framerate on PS3 though.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming